• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Yeah, we made a balance mistake, and since it's the first time we've done a video podcast, hopefully this rookie mistake can be ignored. But there's nothing that can be done about it. I apologize if this ruins the video for you - but you know, we were trying to give you two hours of footage with live reactions...sorry...

Anyway, the audio-only episode is blogged.

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
I would imagine you could run this through some audio-editing software to rebalance it, but how one would do this, I don't know.

Appreciate the effort, but it's way too unwatchable in it's current form.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
I remember that old commercial with the squirrel and post-it notes in the tree! Hilariousness.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Yeah, we made a balance mistake, and since it's the first time we've done a video podcast, hopefully this rookie mistake can be ignored. But there's nothing that can be done about it. I apologize if this ruins the video for you - but you know, we were trying to give you two hours of footage with live reactions...sorry...

Anyway, the audio-only episode is blogged.
meh, it's still fun to watch for the matches instead of the audio!

can't wait to see the all clocks match, the audio part was great, and i hope you all had fun playing brawl. the luigi missile getting stuck in a wall is hilarious. and that wetsuit samus joke had me laughing for a bit. i wonder if you can get meteor smashed while swimming?

well, can't wait for next weeks podcast, and then only two till brawl!

and i finally got around to listening to the easter eggs, nice job on the hero of time thing youko.

(backs youko up on the post it note squirrel)

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Does Panda really believe Wavedashing isn't a glitch??? It's an un-inteded maneuver not added to the game by the developers. It's not meta-game evolution at all beucase it is abusing the physics.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Thank you for the positive comment, I've been FLOODED with criticisms on the sound balance issue.

Yes, I am aware and very irritated by the issue. You think I don't know, myself, that the TV's too loud? But then again, if I didn't put up TWO HOURS OF VIDEO on Youtube, you all would be pissed at only one hour of podcast. Think about it.

feelxmyxwrath

Smash Apprentice
Hey everybody, we got brawl footage of ppl playing it. At least u have matches, stop giving youko crap about it. I'm pretty sure the podcasts will be a h*** of a lot better now that they've played brawl.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
A great podcast, Youko. As always. It was a bit short, but I have yet to see the easter egg that it actually twice as long as the show itself. :)

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I'd be impressed by two hours worth of footage if I hadn't be flooded by such things weeks ago.

I'm not trying to attack you, but if you knew the quality was bad, why did you put it up? Of course we're going to complain. Honestly, you might want to just take the video footage you have and dub over a commentary.

Rhokk

Smash Apprentice
Under ur bed, steelin ur dust bunneez....in Utah
Grrr....I finally got the chance to download it, only to realize that my Zune's dead and I have to wait for it to charge so that I can listen to it..

Seeing as my computer has no sound, I shall be watching the easter egg on my Wii shortly after the podcast, no doubt.

Too bad the whole sound thing didn't work out, or so I have read about 10 times in a row, it'll still be interesting to see how well you guys could play Brawl for the little time you had to practice.

Skalor

Smash Apprentice
Good podcast and vids!

Ive played my friends imported Brawl so didnt really learn anything but was funny like always so thanks. Im gonna listen to that wifi wars podcast you spoke about.

:D

TonyTH07

Smash Cadet
SP, Shadow is the second most popular Sonic character behind Sonic. He used guns, but that doesn't stop him from being a Sonic character with his own unique moveset. He just has weaponry skills with his moves. He has an established backstory, and has plenty of melee moves.

Now yes, Knux deserves it as well, but I don't think they one or the other deserves it more. I would honestly push for them both, if possible, but it doesn't really matter now.

Now I think most Sonic fans don't mind you bashing Silver. Hell, I'm a huge Sonic fan but ****...he's an unestablished tacked on character. It seems Sega was yelling at us "RESPECT AND LOVE SILVER AS MUCH AS YOU DO SONIC AND SHADOW! NOW! HE'S COOL BECAUSE HE MOVES STUFF! WITH HIS MIND!" So yeah, they;re REALLY going to have to redeem him in a later game for people to care about him, since he was so friggin forced...but seriously, lay off Shads. He's well established, and well liked. I understand you're upset about Knux, I am too. But no need to bash at other good characters to use make a good argument.

...Except Silver. Amy should of been in his place in that level, she's been around longer and stuff.

Gymclass_Hero

Smash Cadet
You should just do a annoying Brawl noises remix. Have Pit's "na-na-na-na-na-na", the song "Mona's Pizza", and the clickety clackity of Gamecube controllers.

Cless

Smash Champion
SP, Shadow is the second most popular Sonic character behind Sonic. He used guns, but that doesn't stop him from being a Sonic character with his own unique moveset. He just has weaponry skills with his moves. He has an established backstory, and has plenty of melee moves.

Now yes, Knux deserves it as well, but I don't think they one or the other deserves it more. I would honestly push for them both, if possible, but it doesn't really matter now.

Now I think most Sonic fans don't mind you bashing Silver. Hell, I'm a huge Sonic fan but ****...he's an unestablished tacked on character. It seems Sega was yelling at us "RESPECT AND LOVE SILVER AS MUCH AS YOU DO SONIC AND SHADOW! NOW! HE'S COOL BECAUSE HE MOVES STUFF! WITH HIS MIND!" So yeah, they;re REALLY going to have to redeem him in a later game for people to care about him, since he was so friggin forced...but seriously, lay off Shads. He's well established, and well liked. I understand you're upset about Knux, I am too. But no need to bash at other good characters to use make a good argument.

...Except Silver. Amy should of been in his place in that level, she's been around longer and stuff.
Just remember that Shadow was annoying and tacked on at one point too.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
wow, nice matches so far. i wish i could have seen someone eaten by the fish or bulborb though, it sounds hilarious the way you describe it.

TonyTH07

Smash Cadet
Just remember that Shadow was annoying and tacked on at one point too.
Annoying, I wouldn't say so. He had a motive and backstory from the get go, he was hardly tacked on. He wasnt just some random hedgehog with telekinesis powers(Which he has for noi reason), he was the ultimate life form modeled after the legend of Sonic the Hedgehog(Although never specified, why the hell would he be a hedgehog with quills like Super Sonic if he wasn't modeled after Super Sonic's legend in that Angel Island mural).

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I can think of a few ways to make Silver a badass...psychic powers leaves a lot to play with...

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
im using my willpower to not listen to the podcast, saving it for school on tuesday(woot no school monday)

I was able to listen to the 1st one, not able to understand much, before parents came in to tell me to turn it off, too loud. o well, i'll listen to it eventually.

Ytoabn08

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry, this is the first one I didn't listen all the way through.
It was too many, oh remember that moment. Also, you guys have done character impressions for three weeks in a row now it seems.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Admittedly, it becomes a bit easier to hear your voices as time goes on, so that helps. Wonder what's wrong with 10 and 11, though...maybe you should try re-uploading them?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
10 and 11 should work fine now...2 was having the same issues earlier...Youtube is just...BLEH.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I saw the episode and watched all the vids (except 10 and 11, but you resolved that issue)

All I have to say it, you guys suck! You get to play Brawl while we wait another few weeks! Man...

Although you guys are really good. I can't wait to play you and Samuraipanda, Youko. Play you guys and kick your trash with my Snake that is!

As always, keep up the good work guys. Maybe I can come back on the show sometime?

Top Bottom