• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should I ban wobbling at my own tournament?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
good attempt at avoiding the question though, because if you do answer it, you might look like a 3rd grader. :(
What question? Why it had to be said?

Because that is why you are so sad about how a character builds damage.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Ice climbers are much harder mentally and techically(can) than anyone else in the game. I'm sorry but who are you to john for it to be hard? Everyone but for maybe like 2 or so people in the game have a tool to spam against the ice climbers. they have to punish you they can't approach that much and if you make less mistakes it's not nearly as hard.

They are kindof like a ground based puff in a way. F*** up you die simple as that, but they can't really approach how they would like to llike falco. They both have to space very carefully and heavively puisnh your mistakes

Vts

Smash Champion
Ice climbers are much harder mentally and techically(can) than anyone else in the game. I'm sorry but who are you to john for it to be hard? Everyone but for maybe like 2 or so people in the game have a tool to spam against the ice climbers. they have to punish you they can't approach that much and if you make less mistakes it's not nearly as hard.

They are kindof like a ground based puff in a way. F*** up you die simple as that, but they can't really approach how they would like to llike falco. They both have to space very carefully and heavively puisnh your mistakes
and so people can just camp platforms and make it so this punishing is really more of a hey stupid ur not thinking outside the box approach

Oracle

Smash Master
I am disappointed, IC boards. ICG's post was the first one to make a legit point :/

Wobbling isn't that bad. It's just boring to watch and easier than the other IC grab combos. Against the majority of the cast I can still dthrow-dair-regrab-blizzard-repeat to get just as much percent as the amount I would need from wobbling.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Wobbling has never been really shown to be game-breaking except as like a stall.

They're not the best character with it.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Wobbling should be allowed against certain characters.

If the other character can be dthrow>dair CGed assuming no SDI, it should be allowed.

Just an idea.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Because wobbling eliminates the fun of watching smash, especially when a similarly effective chaingrab that is not boring to watch could be happening. IC players will not suffer if wobbling was banned against those characters.

Against floaties like peach and samus, the matchup becomes more winnable when wobbling is allowed, and in a way makes the match more interesting to watch.

pockyD

Smash Legend
down throw down air is plenty boring (and also is mostly not guaranteed)

if your concern is only that it's boring and that it's not gamebreaking (since it's not), why not instead have a rule that if you get wobbled for, say, 20%, you have to go kill yourself after the ICs let you go to save time?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
down throw down air is plenty boring (and also is mostly not guaranteed)

if your concern is only that it's boring and that it's not gamebreaking (since it's not), why not instead have a rule that if you get wobbled for, say, 20%, you have to go kill yourself after the ICs let you go to save time?
PockyD aka master of LOLs

That would be a pro agreement.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I wobbled for the first time today.

Omgawd. Peach, Luigi, Doc, Marth hollaaa

pockyD

Smash Legend
that's what i do when getting wobbled in friendlies

but really, policing 'boring' in tournament matches? i think you should ban jigglypuff before you ban wobbling

Binx

Smash Master
that's what i do when getting wobbled in friendlies

but really, policing 'boring' in tournament matches? i think you should ban jigglypuff before you ban wobbling
Legit.

Yeah I don't ban wobbling, but I don't use it during tournaments either, also people hardly ever get grabbed vs ICs anymore, everyone is really good, and when they do Nana is rarely synched.

Top Bottom