• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should I ban wobbling at my own tournament?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I really don't know what to do about wobbling. I am hosting a major MW regional (it will be my 3rd hosting), and there will probably be very few if any people wobbling. The question is should I ban it or not.

I personally don't think it is fun to watch at all, but of course it does not break the character. Is it detrimental to the general welfare of IC's players to ban it? Would people be dissapointed?

PS: You should all come to my tournament. You can play Trail and I. And you can play Darkrain if that floats your boat.

POE3:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271094

cjugs

Smash Ace
Yes wobbling is broken and boring to watch people come to play melee when you are being wobbled you are not playing the actual game you may as well just jump give them a stock when they get a wobble going. people shouldn't get excited for that.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Yes wobbling is broken and boring to watch people come to play melee when you are being wobbled you are not playing the actual game you may as well just jump give them a stock when they get a wobble going. people shouldn't get excited for that.
lol

YOU MAIN LINK STFU!!!
Is drillshine unfair then?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
it's gay(I don't believe wobbleing I don't believe the easy chain throws), however it isn't broken or skillless and if it's being banned for being boring ban the following things: projectile camping that lasts over 30 secs, puff, most low/bottom tiers, sheik, PS(waveshineing), and non comboing falcons.

ICs need that extra help in some match ups like vs luigi,puff,samus,peach.

Also the most legit reason to ban it is because you can't also wobble another ice climber player, really how many ice climbers **** tournments?

cjugs

Smash Ace
lol

YOU MAIN LINK STFU!!!
Is drillshine unfair then?
i was unaware that there was no way out of drill shines, and could be done at 40% and above and you could be killed out of one i thought you could DI it too. i main link? is link the only character you can wobble? i was unaware of that too.

Turazrok

Smash Master
i was unaware that there was no way out of drill shines, and could be done at 40% and above and you could be killed out of one i thought you could DI it too. i main link? is link the only character you can wobble? i was unaware of that too.
Lemme see.

Link is a terrible character. Grow up and main Jiggs/Falco/Broken Top tier of you choice( apparently in your case, wobbling)

Ice climbers can just dthrow dsmash link anyways to the ledge-> handoff-> stock.

***** plz.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
CJ, I will get you infracted if you make spammy troll posts.

This was a question to ICs players about the good of the ICs future. Not about how sad GETTING wobbled makes you.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I looked up ice climbers future and I found Ice Climber Guy. But I think it gay but I wouldn't john or say it's broken you need to ice climbers together at a decent percent. Also compare it to other banned stuff. hyrule, inf. stalls, unplugging the other players controller, non time limit matches. They are all very broken. No question about it. Ice climbers need more anto peach tools.

cjugs

Smash Ace
Lemme see.

Link is a terrible character. Grow up and main Jiggs/Falco/Broken Top tier of you choice( apparently in your case, wobbling)

Ice climbers can just dthrow dsmash link anyways to the ledge-> handoff-> stock.

***** plz.
Who i main or the characters potential has nothing to do with this thread. Any character can be wobbled including Jiggs/Falco and what Ics can do to link also isn't what this thread is talking about. I understand that a character who has the ability to get a grab and a kill is not completely broken but for me it is still not fun to watch at all nor is it fun to play against not because they can do that but because you aren't doing anything you may as well not be playing melee which is what you are paying/ traveling to do. And fyi link isn't the only
character that can be grabbed and dt da till the ledge and catch a hand off.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
OHHH i misunderstood mk delete my posts then peef
LOL I can't do that myself.

chaos juggler said:
I understand that a character who has the ability to get a grab and a kill is not completely broken but for me it is still not fun to watch at all nor is it fun to play against not because they can do that but because you aren't doing anything you may as well not be playing melee which is what you are paying/ traveling to do.
This post was fine.

However, I feel just as helpless in a Falco pillar.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Is it detrimental to the general welfare of IC's players to ban it? Would people be dissapointed?
The first thing I want to say is that I don't think either of these should be factors in determining whether something should be banned, but I'll give my thoughts anyways.

I don't see how this would be detrimental to the welfare of ICs players. I can see how it could affect how some people perceive ICs and possibly some ICs players as well, but I don't see any substantial harm coming from it.

People who dislike wobbling will be disappointed and people who want it to be legal won't be.

Although you don't explicitly state anything about the stigma associated with wobbling, I suspect that you're concerned about that. This is a kind of touchy subject. I personally would like to see this stigma vanish or at least become less common since there is no good reason for it to exist, but getting rid something like that can be difficult. However, ignoring the problem won't make it go away, and even if legalizing wobbling upsets some people, I think tournaments that allow wobbling need to exist in order to help get rid of the stigma. Of course, this is only a concern of mine, and should you not care much about it, you shouldn't let it affect your decision.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Who i main or the characters potential has nothing to do with this thread. Any character can be wobbled including Jiggs/Falco and what Ics can do to link also isn't what this thread is talking about. I understand that a character who has the ability to get a grab and a kill is not completely broken but for me it is still not fun to watch at all nor is it fun to play against not because they can do that but because you aren't doing anything you may as well not be playing melee which is what you are paying/ traveling to do. And fyi link isn't the only
character that can be grabbed and dt da till the ledge and catch a hand off.
I went to a meleefest last weekend with a bunch of people who were a lot better than myself. Basically all the best people in state. I got consistently shine ***** by Fox/falco, grab ***** by marth, and you know what? I had fun. Because it's part of the game, and I understand it's not completely easy, and they probably worked harder at it than I did.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Of course, this is only a concern of mine, and should you not care much about it, you shouldn't let it affect your decision.
LOL, the whole point of me posting this thread was to get views on what IC mains thought about just this subject to help my decision. I think you are right about the stigma, that is what I was trying to say about the ICs general welfare. I don't think I'll ban it.

Now the question becomes, should I do it?

Turazrok

Smash Master
Hmm. If someone CPed my IC with Luigi and Peach... I would do it whenever they were stupid enough to get grabbed

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm Sheik so I get d-throw CGed to the edge > hand-off even if I do split your ICs, and otherwise I get d-throw CGed in the middle until 60, then d-throw d-smash CGed a bit more until like 80, then blizzard u-smashed off the roof anyway so meh.

TheLake

Smash Master
Im with kirby kaze on this one

the world needs more wobbling

I promote an unban wobbling movment!

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I went to a meleefest last weekend with a bunch of people who were a lot better than myself. Basically all the best people in state. I got consistently shine ***** by Fox/falco, grab ***** by marth, and you know what? I had fun. Because it's part of the game, and I understand it's not completely easy, and they probably worked harder at it than I did.
wow, like, your posts on this topic are super dumb, lololol.

being wobbled isnt fun

playing against ice climbers isnt fun

people who main ice climbers (and use chaingrabs in friendlies) are extremely selfish

all that **** being said, do what you want peef, atleast if your wobbling i can put my controller down and scratch my beard or my face and know i wont miss anything.

edit
that comment about being selfish wasnt aimed @ anyone in particular. It was intended to be a general statement.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
people who main ice climbers (and use chaingrabs in friendlies) are extremely selfish
This statement is backed my no reason or evidence. Falco and Fox death combos require a similar amount of skill and accomplish the same thing. Inescapable death. The funny thing is that IC's chaingrabs are more easily escaped than Falco pillars and fox shine combos. To claim that PEOPLE ARE SELFISH if they use one of the only good things about a character is so looney it might as well be taken as a compliment.

Thank you!

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
hi my name is hard horizontal DI, my hobbies include getting out of spacie comboes and getting ***** by ICs

lol try again peef

PEEF!

Smash Hero
hi my name is hard horizontal DI, my hobbies include getting out of spacie comboes and getting ***** by ICs

lol try again peef
Hard horizontal DI does not get you out of spacie combos haha it makes them harder but now good spacies do them anyway, and it puts you at the edge of the stage. If you want I can quote scar saying the same thing.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
it makes things exponentially harder. and it gets you out too.

its so much more likely that the IC player will **** up than good DI getting you out of CG, like not even close.
and if it is close, then you're CGing wrong.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
You know nothing about IC chaingrabs.

IC chaingrabs aren't hard to get out of once you understand how. The people wobbles plays with basically will not get dthrow daired cgd ever because they are so good at getting out.

It isn't based on "cging wrong" there is basically one way to do any one CG. It isn;t like shield pressure that can be "done wrong" but still work sometimes. If you dont do the CG work, it never works.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
wobbles also said that people quit playing in his crew cause they got tired of getting CG'ed. just be happy im not going to quit.

ice climbers are gay

IC mains are selfish, but im sure you guys are still cool to hang out with.

cjugs

Smash Ace
wobbles also said that people quit playing in his crew cause they got tired of getting CG'ed. just be happy im not going to quit.

ice climbers are gay

IC mains are selfish, but im sure you guys are still cool to hang out with.
Selfish? may be a bit of a stretch i know so much where u are coming from though, IC grabs zero to deaths don't impress me because it looks like it can be done on 1player mode it was cool at first but now i don't feel like the game is broken in their favor but it doesn't feel like melee anymore which most bothers me. I don't feel like im playing and that is not a shot towards IC mains they do whatever they can to win but they just aren't fun to play against or lack of playing against does't quite mean they are selfish though they just like to win who doesn't right? Although and i just thought about this today if IC are taken more seriously and we don't think oh great they're gonna get a grab i guess ill go eat lunch they might help my spacing and my overall gaming on the bright side?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Hey unlike anyone rsle in the game the ice climbers have 2 chances to mess up their chain throws(not talking about wobbleing) you can SDI out unlike any other chain throws.

They have to have a good understanding of when to use dair or whatever. sheik grab down-throw use huge grab reach. one single ice climber chain throw doesn't work on that many people that good.

I argee chain throws are gay when you are winning but they aren't broken or to be raged about unless they do it 99% of the time and try only to get grabs.

This isn't like your playing as freakin pichu vs sheik. their grab doesn't outrange every single option you have and if you understand them it's pretty easy to see an incomeing grab. I just spam down-smash that's all i do but you shouldn't whin about this because we are no where near that sheik level. ice climbers lose when forced into the air, when spilt up, when forced to close to the edge.

They are simple enough to beat.

Turazrok

Smash Master
wow, like, your posts on this topic are super dumb, lololol.

being wobbled isnt fun

playing against ice climbers isnt fun

all that **** being said, do what you want peef, atleast if your wobbling i can put my controller down and scratch my beard or my face and know i wont miss anything.

edit
that comment about being selfish wasnt aimed @ anyone in particular. It was intended to be a general statement.
Playing against ice climbers is fun if you're peach/luigi. Falcon only has one mu like that. And even then he can combo sheik. Wtf do you know?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Lol, dumb replies.

Peef, there's still no clear consensus as to whether people should ban wobbling or not. I think a lot of people started banning it after a few majors did it, but it's always been up to the TO. Whatever you do, make sure you have a solid reason for doing it. In other words, don't just do whatever some people in the ICs forum tell you to do.

cjugs

Smash Ace
I think Peef has already decided. Turazrok's quite on his profile. is amaaaaaazing though i can't recall it exactually but everyone should go look at it. Then again you may have all seen it i'm just a number one scrub so i never have.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
If wobbling is broken, everyone would play IC's and wobble their way to victory. Haters are haters. /Thread

cjugs

Smash Ace
If wobbling is broken, everyone would play IC's and wobble their way to victory. Haters are haters. /Thread
Maybe wobbling isn't competely broken only because if you take away the stuff they can do out o grabs ICs would be almost nothing. So for them it isn't completely broken only because they are IC and that's thier game. But it still doesn't seem like melee anymore idk if anyone knows what i mean. As far as if it was everyone would do it well idk if IC mains are growing but i dissagree they're still people like me who think that its not fun to do and wouldn't main IC

Top Bottom