• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
I've been exploring using downB in matches, sometimes sheik is good for racking up damage then I switch at 70%. it won me a dumb match where I was way behind on kongo jungle.

soap

Smash Hero
jigss crouch at low percent realllllly limits you.

say she sh bairs misses, floats away, lands in a crouch. If u were chasing her landing and you can't get dash attack/grab her out the air it is very hard to do anything once she lands.

dash attack = get crouch cancel rested, or shield rested

grab attempt = getting rested

downsmash = cc fsmashed. I've actually been rested out of this too

tilts = cc fsmash

shffl fair = usually best option I think, but gives them ample time to escape.

rising SH full needle charge = my favorite way to punish predicted crouches at low percents. follow it up with a shffl fair to be safe

once dsmash knocks over, it becomes ten times easier to apply pressure

Low percents are much rougher than getting kills at kill percents imo

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
once dsmash knocks over, it becomes ten times easier to apply pressure

Low percents are much rougher than getting kills at kill percents imo
sounds like fox. and we all know fox a bitc*

so cosmo i have a question for you (cuz u play that other thing we can be). so its sort of an enigma of what to do to a sleeping puff. usually along the lines of get a full set of needles>dthrow>something. another idea is if the puff has highish damage downb>fair. how do u feel about fairing sleeping puff? can anything gay like smash di'd rest happen?

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
good post soap

zelda-fair is totally safe from being screwed by CC

charged zelda-fsmash is actually better for knockback, but you must space it so it only tips or they can ruin it with CC and even rest you out of it.

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
ah i already know what that is, ive seen it before. but now i can favorite it :D

edit: thats like the rudest thing to ever happen in melee =(

also... whats the time frame on charging the smash, is it realistic to try to get a full one or do u just do it as they wake up?

soap

Smash Hero
sounds like fox. and we all know fox a bitc*

so cosmo i have a question for you (cuz u play that other thing we can be). so its sort of an enigma of what to do to a sleeping puff. usually along the lines of get a full set of needles>dthrow>something. another idea is if the puff has highish damage downb>fair. how do u feel about fairing sleeping puff? can anything gay like smash di'd rest happen?
sort of like fox.

but you can grab fox when he lands and potentially take his stock from it, so that helps.

never try to needle grab puff. Even when she is sleeping....

Charge your needles so you have them. Then just dthrow aerial. Most practical imo

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
lol i just wanted to call fox out. no one ever does its always; peaches dmsash is broken, sheiks gay, marth wears a tiara (ok that ones true). i like fox and all and hes legit, but no one ever calls him out on being too good.
id rather take a kill if possible tho. zeldas attacks are in fact more lethat, and also easier to land because you only need 1 hit. one day ill get the first kill on puff and evade like a son-of-a.... and not feel guilty at all. id do it to samus but she has too many projectiles T_T

soap

Smash Hero
this is true. Smash Missile head shots are good. But if they are shooting them high like that they are very vulnerable as you can run underneath them.

But if you are playing "needles only" vs. "missiles and blast only" which we used to do for fun, You can destroy those and hit samus with a rising full charge thru the missile and try to land on a platform to reduce lag

soap

Smash Hero
I'm going to a tourney next weekend for the first time in about six months.

I'm gonna style all over these young michigan kids.

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
i suppose pajama parties are code for gheysecs. if i put a little work into my fox he could probly be at the same level as my sheik. but i just feel that i have more of a sheik mentality when i play smash

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Thanks, Soap! I definitely need to work on tech chasing. I'm not good at reacting to tech in place, so I usually just try to get a feel for when I think they'll do that versus tech roll. I also need to work on boost grabbing the tech away at lower percents ...

dudutsai

Smash Lord
I'm confused on how Sheik dittos work out, with and without the chaingrabbing. Could someone explain/link a good match of Sheik dittos?

soap

Smash Hero
I used to watch amsah and CJ sheik dittoes years ago. It inspired a combo video. I learned so much looking thru that footage.

Reptar

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Im a new 401 gamer starting out, Id like to learn how to play Sheik. I know all of the basics such as wavelanding and dashing and a little bit of needle canceling. I was just wondering what should be my first order of business to learn how to roll a decent Sheik. Any help would be much appreciated.

Top Bottom