• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Thank you guys very much :D

At what points can sheik get hit out of her Up B? While playing my best friends marth, he was able to hit me just before I appeared (a trick he's gotten quite good at mind you), and Light also did something similar. As well are you open for attack just before you vanish?

EDIT:

Another question for you guys involving Sheik in teams. She seems better as a support vs an aggressor. Thoughts on this? And do you have any good links for Sheik/Jiggs teams that I can study haha?

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
He hit you before you appeared or before you vanished? Hitting you before you vanish is easy, right before sheik turns upside down she is vulnerable. He shouldnt be hitting you before you appear though unless you mean before your character sprite turns back on >_>

Is he throwing meaty attacks over you when you appear? Cause seriously its like one frame sheik is vulnerable after she appears again before her sprite shows up.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
That's probably assuming true CC.

Untrue CC is significantly lower on Peach. Like 40s, maybe.
yeah the asdi down cc is wayyy lower on like everything. I think that's why it's surprising sometimes to see how high true cc goes.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I think you mean the difference between true CC and ASDI down. The latter is useful because it allows you to get knocked down while in a non-crouching stance rather than go flying from a hit, opening up instant teching opportunities.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
you guys would really be surprised how many people(good people your included too) have problems edgeguarding sheik.

hitting sheik after (before someetimes) during her up b is easy. people seem to have troubles when i save my jump or if a ride the stage with up b. my vanish flames hit them there like wtf lol.

its so cool :)

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Yeah its nice. Then i get used to that **** working and play good people and it doesnt and i get sad :(
:(

ya its harder on better people. You might get away with it still once in a while. I doubt my luck is as good as yours so hopefuly you'll see better results than me:)

also puff mains never seem to **** up vs sheik(regardless of skill level) they know that rest is as good as done if i up b on stage!

edit lol that reminds me back in the day i use to train with a falco and always sheild grabed his d air thinking it was safe cuz he wasnt all that technical. Played chops with that mentality and boy did i get ***** <.<. PLaying good people makes you so mich better lol

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
sbfhtrfw;hrpwwhrp

you're dumb

true cc is holding down so you're in crouch AND THEN YOU GET HIT

untrue cc OR ASDI DOWN is holding down when you're in an animation so you're not crouching

either way you're holding down prior to getting hit.

what's you're suggesting is NEITHER and it's SDI down which i'm not familiar with so i'm not going to comment on it. the only thing i know about it is that it's useful for ground teching.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
yeah of course you can get hit now and then, i just thought it was funny, since sheik can avoid missiles so well via platform movement and needles ;)

Yeah it is, at first it's a bit tricky, but if you pay attention it's perfectly doable.
That's why shielding is really good against Samus

soap

Smash Hero
yeah of course you can get hit now and then, i just thought it was funny, since sheik can avoid missiles so well via platform movement and needles ;)

Yeah it is, at first it's a bit tricky, but if you pay attention it's perfectly doable.
That's why shielding is really good against Samus
that missile grab works sometimes if timed really good. Although since I started buffering, i usually get away

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
so i have a question (disclaimer: sheik answers only or gtfo)
where do sheik players feel their character should be on the tier list

personally, i feel she is 2nd best. (mango said at apex she was no. 1 lol)

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
bleh marth sux.
even with fox
even with falco
loses to sheik bad
loses to falcon
loses to puff (i think?)
beats peach

thats not top tier matchup ability imo, only one commonly played advantage >.>

edit: i think sheik edges out falco for no. 2 (im assuming that we all still believe fox to be #1) just because she has more beneficial matchups. for example: marth, samus, and anything thats low tier

DJRome

Smash Hero
i think marth beats falco and is not that much of a disadvantage to sheik. like 55-45 but u have to play ur cards right sort of how puff plays just camp for holes

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
mango is just a troll lmao

i cant believe anyone ever took his list serious

i dont have anything else to say

but i've always wanted to do a post like this

-MaNg0

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
maybe... but i know he believes marth is verrry good, and he gave explanations for sheik. oh well, not like i entirely agree. there is something to be said for his capabilities vs everyone elses tho.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
about the jiggs matchup

which do you find more difficult
- giving jiggs damage without taking damage yourself
- getting the KO at a not-stupid percent

what is the hardest part of the jiggs matchup?
what is the easiest part of the jiggs matchup?

lately ive been hearing numbers like 30-70 used to describe this matchup, people bring up amsah vs hbox, etc.

what makes this matchup hard?

mcem222

Smash Rookie
hey guys, I have a question

Is there any advantage to using the C-stick for aerials? I started using the C-stick for dairs so I could fast fall with them. Some characters like C falcon seem to benefit in maneuverability, since using the c stick theoretically lets you have more control over analog DI.

Anyway, it is a good habit to use the C-stick for fairs and bairs, or is it totally unnecessary for sheik?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
its good if you want to do late fastfalled fair/bair. i dont think itd be very easy to do them with control stick, at all

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
about the jiggs matchup

which do you find more difficult
- giving jiggs damage without taking damage yourself
-getting the KO at a not-stupid percent

you have to actually get close for a kill, which is much more dangerous

what is the hardest part of the jiggs matchup?
learning that trying to grab will usually kill you, recovering (a good puff will just rest you if u have to upb onto the stage, and just avoiding rest situations in general
what is the easiest part of the jiggs matchup?
you have projectiles and she doesn't so you can make her come to you. also her air speed is slow, which gives room for good counterpick theorycrafting (eg. needle camping on kongo jungle). also know that they might just have less of a soul than you do ^.^

lately ive been hearing numbers like 30-70 used to describe this matchup, people bring up amsah vs hbox, etc.

what makes this matchup hard?
its more like 40-60, its not bad enough to warrant 30-70. sheik just needs to play smart, uses only a few moves (needlesssssss, dtilt, bair, uair, fair, and a few situational moves). the hardest part playing her as sheik is just mentally changing your playstyle so you dont get rested like a b****.

i think within a year the matchup will be down to 45-55 or maybe 50-50, once the smaller sheik population adapts to the matchup like the bigger character populations are

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Killing her is hard.

She beats all of Sheik's usual KO methods. Either by ducking or aerial mobility. The mix makes it generally difficult to hit a strong aerial.

The other hard part is just usually avoiding her punishment. Sheik's easy to Rest, combo, edgeguard, and Rest combo.

I dunno what numbers even mean anymore but I think 70-30 is just too high for Puff. Sheik doesn't roll over and automatically die against her or something.

Sheik is actually good vs the Bairs and aerial suite I think, overall. It's just a pain to avoid the numerous things that can kill her very easily.

Easiest part of the matchup is that most Puff players are bad. For a real answer, I'd guess it's not too hard to space vs her aerials if you're careful and you have good mobility vs her Bairs because Sheik can sort of pretend to be Fox and waveshield a lot. She's also alright at getting Puff above her because of platform camping and projectiles, and when Puff's above you can put pressure on her much better than usual.

DJRome

Smash Hero
i agree with the part about puffs being bad. they usually favor heavy resting trix or heavy bair/fair/nair pressure. rest trix are easy to bait into punishes that will add up, and the bair fair pressure is not that good if there is minimal risk of getting rested. i still think it's sheik's worst matchup and the worst among the top 5, but meh

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
agreed that her worst matchup (for now....)
how many truly good puffs are there 3 or 4? cosmo i bet your zelda would give a lot of other puffs a hard time. i dont think theyll like finding out that your bair/fair beat hers, in addition to not being rest food.
this is the worst top 5 matchup tho http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHPiv90eQDc
and among the top characters id say that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xICWpYaQeFE#t=2m36s
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAtQvX5hGhQ
cut it pretty close.

Top Bottom