• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown (October 12-13, 2013) - Feedback please! Next major Santasmash!

KJ64 allows in the Melee Doubles ruleset?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hughie

Smash Lad
We don't know yet, but the only player i hope comes down is Hungrybox

DEKAR REMEMBER WHEN YOU ASKED ME ABOUT WHO I WANTED TO COME DOWN WELL I HAVE A ANSWER
HUNGRYBOX

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i have no power over any aspect of smash @ shadowloo showdown, but always good to know what people want!

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
Mango has already been, but it would be fun to have him back... Hungrybox is a pretty cool guy, but it's puff... Who needs that?
Hey S.D. Nice performance at EVO. Bad luck in losers bracket. I thought you would have versed Android but things happen. Hope you make up for it at Shadowloo Showdown.

S.D

Smash Master
Hey S.D. Nice performance at EVO. Bad luck in losers bracket. I thought you would have versed Android but things happen. Hope you make up for it at Shadowloo Showdown.
Thanks dude. I expected to at least make losers final of my pool but what can you do. Had I beaten the average sheik I lost to I would have played C!Z who is actually a very solid marth, so that would have been interesting. I was super sick with a really bad flu at evo which really curtailed my performance, hoping to go back next year for Evo or Apex to make amends.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
s.d vs dekar fox vs dk fd best ever

actually we should totally have a redact vs dekar falcon match will be best match ever top plays strong men

S.D

Smash Master
Melee Ruleset

4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Master Hand is banned.
* Wobbling is legal.
* Stalling with Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned.
* Glitches such as Ice Climbers's Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are banned.
* Dave's Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
*Sets will be best of 3 except for: winner's semi, winner's final, loser's semi, loser's final and grand final, which will be best of 5.
*Neutral starting positions may be requested
*Timic Clause: Any stage may be played on if both parties agree

Stage Strike from Neutrals for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.

Stagelist:

Neutral (Singles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick (Singles)
Pokemon Stadium

Neutral (Doubles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick (Doubles)
Kongo Jungle 64

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban (except in best-of-5 sets)
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

S.D

Smash Master
Yes.

Otherwise people are free to select him. It's a common sense rule, but if not specified it can be abused.

One addition to the ruleset
*Players may request neutral starting positions.

Another addition
*Timic clause: Any stage may be played on if agreed to by both parties

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
probably best to get this ball rolling sooner rather than later.

would be easier if the OP was transferred to myself/SD. Mods?

S.D

Smash Master
For the sake of consistency could you add these to the melee rules please attila.

Any acts of forfeiting, match fixing, pot splitting and/or bracket manipulation are subject to punishment from the TO.
  • Any coaching during the match (but not in between matches) is prohibited. Players who violate this rule will receive a warning (BOTH the player AND the person coaching the player) on the first attempt. Players who violate this rule after a warning will be disqualified from the event and a possible ejection from the venue.
  • Players are to attend their matches at the designated times they are called. If you are late to a match, the following rules will be applied based on the amount of time:
    • If you are 5 minutes late: Results in a match loss
    • If you are 10 minutes late: Results in a set loss
    • These times will be strictly enforced to make sure that each player will enjoy the full event on a timely manner
Modified Doubles Rules
  • Team Attack set to “On”
  • Life stealing is allowed - If the game is paused accidentally while attempting to steal a life, the opposing team may deem that life forfeit. Wait until the announcer has finished saying defeated before pressing start, or turn pause off prior to beginning the match.
Also add

BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER
In the event of an equipment malfunction, the match will be restart from the last known position or from any point in the match that is agreed upon by the players. Please look for an official and do not start such a rematch on your own.

In a set, character selection for the first round may be a double blind pick

In case of a controller port dispute, players may elect to Contest Port Priority

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
for melee, is port ever an issue? if you have the option of starting from a neutral position, the idea seems kinda useless.

S.D

Smash Master
for melee, is port ever an issue? if you have the option of starting from a neutral position, the idea seems kinda useless.
Port priority still exists in melee, it's just less pronounced. So for some ports is still an issue.

@Zac: No bans in b05 will be enforced.

EDIT: Attila can you make a poll. KJ64 for doubles yes or no? I'm in favour of having at least ONE counterpick stage available and it seems the best candidate. Unless people really want 5 neutrals as their only options in doubles?

Top Bottom