• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown (October 12-13, 2013) - Feedback please! Next major Santasmash!

KJ64 allows in the Melee Doubles ruleset?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
He's also got the benefit of being very accessible and easy to ask. :)

A few players are good but hard to contact (a good example i'm thinking of right now would be FOW)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Do you ever think anything but ness or lucas? -.-
No but the examples I think of are almost always Ness and Lucas.

It sucks I know - i've kind of been waiting for someone to point that out. >_>

Okay okay, a good non-lucas/ness player who can't be contacted easily..... Illmatic, maybe?

No but he's pretty much retired so I dunno if I can use him.

Got it, Nairo! He's more on AiB than here iirc eh?

Yeahhhh!

... took me like 10 full min. :(

Hughie

Smash Lad
If we got homemadewaffles to come down and commentate on stream, then that would be so good.

And what about DEHF for Brawl? He's a good Falco.

S.D

Smash Master
I'm not sure why people are so interested in bringing commentators over.. we can commentate our own matches and give a voice to our own community. What we do want is players who will bring the tournament up to the next level and generate international interest.

In terms of commentary for this event, I would like to increase our professionalism to a degree and look like a real member of the FGC. We should have maybe 4-5 people designated for commentary who are articulate/knowledgable/interesting. Not keen for open mic like normal.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
A commentary/streaming team of a few people will most definitely be organized.

If we're gonna put on a show for the masses, we're gonna need to get our **** together.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
speaking of sponsored players
since shadowloo showdown is p big
we should just ask the shadowloo to contact the smash players' sponsors (clash gaming, vgbc etc) directly and get them to send their players over

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
we will have access to some sort of livestream setup, although i'd be surprised if anything more than top 8 was streamed.

the weekend is going to be super hectic; we wont be hogging the spotlight this time.

S.D

Smash Master
Even top 8 might be too long, especially for Brawl and doubly if players are not on hand and ready to go (smash tradition).
Top 4 is probably more realistic, but if we are efficient then top 8 could happen.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
A top 8 stream could work if the games are run on separate days. That's assuming we'll have our own stream separate to the traditional fighters, but that's usually how things are run, right?

Splice

Smash Hero
When I saw Attila mention Zero at the top of the page I thought of Andrew from NSW...

Can we sponsor Andy? He is the #1 person in the world.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Batmans was a really good commentator in my opinion, very professional, very informative, a lot like someone i'd expect to hear commentating. I'd love to see him on the mic again if he comes this time. ^_^

I didn't hear Attila commentate because we often switched but I assume he's good too.

And I don't know many people's real names... Joey is...? :o

S.D

Smash Master
It's hard to find the right balance with commentary. Based on past experience Attila is generally solid behind the mic and Batmans seemed pretty good from the limited grabs that I heard. Probably the best thing would be to take expressions of interest and decide from the pool that we have, then lay some guidelines for them to try and follow. Good rule of thumb is to have a good colour commentator (like Joey no racist connotation) with someone like cao, good speaker, knowledge and informative.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I personally think Australia is at its best when it's commentating badly. Bring Ryan/Kas/Syke (aka QLD) to the microphone anyday. Having said that, SD wins at speaking. His eloquence... *swoon*

S.D

Smash Master
Cao has a point about our 'bad' commentary, but with those guys there is a distinct personality. Yes its super crass, but its also super funny, as opposed to just bad and boring.

Top Bottom