• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown (October 12-13, 2013) - Feedback please! Next major Santasmash!

KJ64 allows in the Melee Doubles ruleset?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Vectorman you idiots! Let's watch a yoshi beat everyone. I'm sure as hell not going to do be the one to do it.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
of course the TO in me would love armada vs pp at an australian tournament for the exposure for the scene, just speaking personally before
as for who i'd want idk. i want the hype i guess, plays that make everyone in the room get wood, so any top player rly w/e (but not floaty mains)
really i just hope for attendance from top australian dual-game players like zxv and earl, and some returning vets (unny! koops!)
i'm much better at just pissing on other ideas yo, keep em coming!
What about Ken Hoang a.k.a SepirothKen, Isai, Mango or CaptainJack.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Ken, Mango and Captain Jack have all been here already. Isai doesn't play Melee anymore and just focuses on being baller as **** at Smash 64.

Plus, there's so many Melee players these days that are just on a completely different level compared to the old school smashers.

YoshiAustralia

Smash Apprentice

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
tbh i'd rather a player that i can learn from, rather than just get bodied by. i thought that m3w2king business taught us something.

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
tbh i'd rather a player that i can learn from, rather than just get bodied by. i thought that m3w2king business taught us something.
That's one of the reasons I said zero. It's evident from his coaching videos that he likes helping people get better.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Let's get commentators, like Keitaro or Gunblade or Pierce.

Keitaro sounds so happy all the time.

And they'd know a lot.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Psh you all suck.
M2K, Mekos, or ESAM.
When do we start selling chocolates/ how is this going to happen?

tibs7

Smash Champion
if any commentator should come its keitaro. he could actually bring people down
esam or salem would be amazing. i dont mind. will body anyone right now..
#inform

S.D

Smash Master
We should have a stream at SS.

Attila - yeah I agree, M2K was the worst possible person to try and learn from, he was here for himself. That's why I suggested Armada, aside from obvious reasons, but there are others who fit into that category also. Wobbles has great knowledge and is a good teacher. Hugs, falls into that category also. Dr Peepee is very active in analysing and teaching, and has several characters he is familiar with. We need to be careful in selecting people who will actively bring the level of our community up, rather than people who know the game intuitively and can't articulate anything. Ken is famously one such person. Brawl I wouldn't have a clue lol.

Attila do you know when this funding project will be confirmed/denied and if so is there anything we need to do to contribute?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Should be meeting up with the SL guys either this weekend or next, to hopefully clarify these things further.

In regards to who people want, I don't think that will be decided anytime soon, but constructive input from the community is much appreciated.

I suppose one thing that might be a pretty influential factor is getting players that would put on a show. SS started by getting two very dominant players from different continents to play each other over livestream. This was something that tens of thousands of people tuned in for. While we wouldn't be expecting those sort of numbers, i think a pretty large chunk of the community would view our stream if we had the right people.

thoughts?

smopup

Smash Journeyman
What about Scar for Melee? Surprised to see no one has mentioned him yet.
Scar's a great voice for the community, but there are more knowledgeable players out there. Not to mention Hax and S2J are just way better with Captain Falcon.

I suppose one thing that might be a pretty influential factor is getting players that would put on a show. SS started by getting two very dominant players from different continents to play each other over livestream. This was something that tens of thousands of people tuned in for. While we wouldn't be expecting those sort of numbers, i think a pretty large chunk of the community would view our stream if we had the right people.

thoughts?
For Melee, Peepee and Armada fit that criteria perfectly. They've got a solid rivalry to the point where they've already played in two different continents before. To see them play in a third would be surreal and should get a lot of attention. Plus, they seem like nice dudes who are willing to share a lot about the game. Check out this hour long interview of Peepee dropping consecutive knowledge bombs. Armada has proven himself by sticking around post-retirement to help the community, and like Peepee, is one of the most analytical players ever. It's hard to think of two other people I'd like to get feedback from, personally.

It's a bit more tricky for Brawl, considering the best players out of the US are in Japan. Spectator wise that isn't a problem, but it is if we want to get feedback from the players. Zero's a great choice for a non-US player, but other than that I don't have a clue.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Picking people who dabble in both games to a degree would be good.
Peepee is actually a pretty high level brawl Marth player, would be adding a lot to both games if he came :D

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
pls not wobbles or hugo, they baller ppl and wobbles the bomb at commentating, but god damn do i hate ics. also i heard hugo plays pretty lame too LOL

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Redact, Professional Nice Guy: "i heard hugo plays pretty lame too LOL"

<3

YoshiAustralia

Smash Apprentice
In terms of bringing smash knowledge and wisdom as well as hype (not including Japanese players assuming english speakers a re preferred, even though I speak fluent Japanese and can translate), I would have to nominate ESAM, Ally, and possilby Zero (pretty sure ally knows what he's doing).

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
For brawl, Zero would be great. Not only does he love teaching but he attracts a lot of attention and is extremely passionate about the game. Passion and enthusiasm are kinda contagious. He also has crazy amounts of knowledge about the game and all characters and matchups, not just MK.
I'm interested in Mr.R, he would be good for hype and non-MK rep. Brawl scene in Europe is pretty decent too, not just America and Japan. But there are a lot of good candidates me thinks. I like ESAM too.

I'm not up with the Melee scene so I have no idea what players can contribute a lot to both games.

DD_

Smash Journeyman
Chris G for Melee (17th place at CEO in 2011!), Yipes for brawl (Spectated the brawl finals at APEX!).

Ya'll think I'm trollin but if the funding is with the shadowloo guys my speculation is defs the most accurate :cool:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
best nice guy forever here

how are we getting players over?

as in like, community funded? sponsorship? (aka novaship) whats the deal here? I am happy to help make it actually happen rather than speculate about players but never get anyone.

What's your plan cao?

Splice

Smash Hero
Mr. R and Salem are playmakers and heroes to the people
I don't know how much they can teach though
Salem doesn't seem very teaching/talkative and some of things Mr.R does are too next level. They don't make sense he's just up in his opponents head.
I don't know whether the statement "we can probably get 2 for each game" is still standing but I think ONE of them and someone like... I don't actually know I can just assume. I think Tyrant would be a great teacher and provide us with heaps of different heroes to play against... he'd be able to display the most different characters to us at a very high level...

All my votes for Tyrant.

In melee Dr.Peepee would be super great in my books but
I have nothing against Mango coming back down here <3 :)

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
What about Scar for Melee? Surprised to see no one has mentioned him yet.
Can we not? The guy gasps waaaayy too much when you put him on stream commentary. He'll probably do the same off stream.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Redact: I can't confirm until we know what options are available to us. For the moment, we can tap into possible SS Sponsorship and/or a donation drive from Smash players. I am more than happy to start the donation drive, but we need to clarify what SS can offer us first.

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
Really? I've actually never heard him commentate and that seems really annoying.
I've watched a stream with his commentary on. Trust me on this. I wasn't the only one whose ears were bleeding.

Hughie

Smash Lad
I've watched a stream with his commentary on. Trust me on this. I wasn't the only one whose ears were bleeding.
I mean, he was messing around with the mic and the equipment and stuff when he was LIVE. I do not want to hear him commentate ever.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oooh, Keitaro would be fun. :o

I wouldn't mind learning from someone like ESAM or Mekos or Zero or Ally or Mr. R or... (etc)

Top Bottom