• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow Games Mafia Over: Dgames Doomed

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
That's Maven + Gheb to be clear. But I can only vote for one and it's too damn late already.

If this is it, then goddamn and good riddance, I tried.

Maven89

Smash Master
Lol what, can you give a single reason I'm scum Kary?

Like goddamn, you come into this game being a horrible ***** to everyone, and now you turn around and throw the game because you got bored and don't want to think anymore? And you have the backbone to sit there and complain about how Dgames is dead?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Maven's comments about Kary ring true, but being toxic to the game isn't scummy and has no bearing on whether or not he's scum.

Vote: Maven

The claim hyperstinks, the opportunistic play towards my slot stinks, speaking against flavor criticism when every townflip has fit the flavor perfectly, a scumbag was caught at least partially based on being a clear fakeclaim, and he criticized kary for shutting down flavor discussion and asked kantrip for the flavor of his BP as a consistency check. His sudden disinterest in flavor when it' mylo, the time when checking claim consistency is one of the most important elements.

gheb/maven being scum together is a possibility, I think it's less likely then being independent scum, but mavenscum throws a fair amount of my assumptions for a loop so it's possibly the most likely based on PoE, I'll consider potential scenarios as soon as I have my head screwed on straight enough to do it.

I most likely won't be around before deadline or at least not coherent. Social thread will explain why.

Maven89

Smash Master
The claim hyperstinks, the opportunistic play towards my slot stinks,
I posted my flavor day 2, no one cared at all. Suddenly my slot is up for a possible lynch and now my claim is bad? And you sit there and say I was opportunist for your slot? For pushing FML?

[quote="adumbrodeus, post: 19457857, member: 70774speaking against flavor criticism when every townflip has fit the flavor perfectly, a scumbag was caught at least partially based on being a clear fakeclaim, and he criticized kary for shutting down flavor discussion and asked kantrip for the flavor of his BP as a consistency check. His sudden disinterest in flavor when it' mylo, the time when checking claim consistency is one of the most important elements.[/quote]

Nah if you're in mylo and you're lynching someone because the flavor doesn't line up 100% you're an idiot, it's mylo, the game has gone on, this is when you lynch people based on their actions and connections. I specifically asked Kantrip for his ability names. None of those lined up with being bulletproof. None of it felt accurate.

Like, for real, the only problem anyone has ever had with the flavor was when Gheb claimed Charlie the Unicorn, but instead people want to push that on me.

Maven89

Smash Master
So please stop and think about this for one second. I clearly did not make up my ability, yes? We have direct proof of that. So my ability is correct. And we have a serial killer who caused the apocalypse (Jex's character), and he's town. I made major mention about this

So why is it that I would then lie about my flavor as scum? The role is real, there's no denying that. Why then lie about the flavor? How could that possibly doom me?

Maven89

Smash Master
So please stop and think about this for one second. I clearly did not make up my ability, yes? We have direct proof of that. So my ability is correct. And we have a serial killer who caused the apocalypse (Jex's character), and he's town. I made major mention about this

So why is it that I would then lie about my flavor as scum? The role is real, there's no denying that. Why then lie about the flavor? How could that possibly doom me?
Since I have pretty direct proof some town members need things spelled out to them like they're ********

1. I have proven that my ability results in me gathering people into a neighborhood, as both FML and Kary have confirmed
2. Gheb and both claim to have a separate neighborhood. Gheb and I being able to talk to each other is not something I've seen anyone try to deny, and we've been 100% consistent in what we've said was in it. Largely confirmed.
3. So clearly, I have a role that relates to neighborhoods.

So clearly I'm not making up my role

So why then would I hide the flavor of that role? The only reason would be the flavor was something scummy, but consider this. We've had Jex flip , and he flipped as probably the most villainous character in Filmcow. But he's town. So right there, we have direct evidence that villanious flavors can be town. So someone having an evil person is not guranteed to be scum.

So why would I lie about it, and pick another flavor that could possibly get counter claimed? Was it just pure blind luck that I picked a flavor that just happened to fit everything I said? Two people getting selected if I don't chose anyone? The guy in the flavor is punished for not doing his job so 2 wizards pop out of a portal?

Btw, FML and Kary, what was our neighborhood called? Oh, right. "Wizards and ****"

Yeah I'm clearly lying about being a wizard character

Maven89

Smash Master
Thought you meant you were waiting for rake to come on to hammer

Either way my plans fell apart so I actually will be here for the rest of the night, so I'll get to see if gheb is scum or ryu fails or katy comes back

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
I posted my flavor day 2, no one cared at all. Suddenly my slot is up for a possible lynch and now my claim is bad? And you sit there and say I was opportunist for your slot? For pushing FML?

[quote="adumbrodeus, post: 19457857, member: 70774speaking against flavor criticism when every townflip has fit the flavor perfectly, a scumbag was caught at least partially based on being a clear fakeclaim, and he criticized kary for shutting down flavor discussion and asked kantrip for the flavor of his BP as a consistency check. His sudden disinterest in flavor when it' mylo, the time when checking claim consistency is one of the most important elements.
Nah if you're in mylo and you're lynching someone because the flavor doesn't line up 100% you're an idiot, it's mylo, the game has gone on, this is when you lynch people based on their actions and connections. I specifically asked Kantrip for his ability names. None of those lined up with being bulletproof. None of it felt accurate.

Like, for real, the only problem anyone has ever had with the flavor was when Gheb claimed Charlie the Unicorn, but instead people want to push that on me.[/quote]
so now you have a problem with gheb lol ?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch

1. Maven [2] - Kary, Adumbrodeus
2. Full Metal Lynch
3. Adumbrodeus
4. Kary
5. Red Roycoon
6. Gheb

Not Voting: Maven, Ryu, Gheb, FML

No Lynch Was Reached.

Everyone rests easy... for now.

Deadline for night actions is Saturday the 20th Midnight CST.

Night 4 Begins!

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
*CRASH!*
You're all awoken in the deep of the morning by the ear shattering sound of breaking glass, followed by a soft thud. Rushing to the upstairs of the mysterious mansion, you all quickly find the source of the noise. Lying in a pool of his own blood:

Kary: Zulway God of Mercy, Town Vigilante has been killed.

But that's not all, it's quite apparent there was a struggle here. A broken window to the gloom outside reveals the partially exploded corpse of:

Gheb: The Spirit of Real Lives Present (Mafia), dead on a small strip of ground below.

It seems in an act of... mercy? You've all been spared a horrible fate just a little longer. But you can't help but notice something even more disturbing as you glace to the outside.

"Oh my god.."

There isn't an earth anymore.

Where you would normally expect to see the manicured lawn of the manor you now only see a thin precipice of rocky earth encircling the foundation of the house. Beyond it is a sheer drop-off into a bottomless expanse of dark purple haze, spiraling into an indeterminable abyss below.

The twists just keep getting ****tier.

You all gaze out into the expanse for a few stunned moments before the confused chatter begins again. What does this all mean? Who are these beings who have summoned you, and just what kind of dark malice is at work here? What is this shadowy space, and to what possible end has it appeared?

You're no closer to reaching conclusions when you're interrupted by Red Roycoon suddenly lurching into the room and stumbling before catching himself. You hadn't even noticed that not all of you made it up to the second story when you first heard the crash. It seems he's having some kind of difficulty standing, and is overall not well, though he seems okay in other respects. He doesn't look like he'll be as helpful as he could be today.

Red Roycoon has been voteblocked.

You feel you're closer than ever to solving this mystery, but even as you near victory so too do you near ever increasing levels of impossible danger.

With 4 alive it takes 3 to lynch
1. Maven
2. Full Metal Lynch
3. Adumbrodeus
4. Red Roycoon
Deadline is Midnight CST Friday the 26th!

Day 5 Begins!

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well looks like I called that wrong.

Now I gotta reread all of those interactions again and gotta apologize to Joey in post game.

FullMetalLynch

So itd literally impossible to win today if ryu is town unless we get mafia to vote itself
Adum who you lookin at more here?

Maven89

Smash Master
I'm very confused. I saw Ryu online last night around the time of deadline, he could have hammered with FML so I'm reading him as town, unless he didn't see what was going on or believed FML wasn't on? I'm not sure right now at all

Also also maven i was wrong about you, and i apologize
Where did this come from?

FullMetalLynch

I'm very confused. I saw Ryu online last night around the time of deadline, he could have hammered with FML so I'm reading him as town, unless he didn't see what was going on or believed FML wasn't on? I'm not sure right now at all

The flips and us rethinking the game

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

I'm being honest, I didn't view this game at that time.

Maven89

Smash Master
I think scum lies within you or Adumb, though Ryu could possibly be getting the pass.

Really though, how did Gheb turning up scum make my slot better? I'm confused about that, it seems the obvious thought would be that it made my slot worse.

Maven89

Smash Master
Really I'm going to have to re-read because I should have seen Gheb being scum, but I was reading him as town or null the entire game and probably missed a lot.

FullMetalLynch

I think scum lies within you or Adumb, though Ryu could possibly be getting the pass.

Really though, how did Gheb turning up scum make my slot better? I'm confused about that, it seems the obvious thought would be that it made my slot worse.
Long and convuluted thought process involving that vote block, whether or not you have the balls to go with a neighbor fwke claim the rntjre game and rake rethinking on adumb

FullMetalLynch

FullMetalLynch

discussing with orbo about claims, adumbs actions surrounding kantrip and gheb and kantrip's interactions with adumb late when he plomped him and gheb into a nice little pile

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
OKAY. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think I've been accidentally yanking everyone's chain.

... With a 3 person majority and someone voteblocked there ain't going to be no town win today unless mafia wants to lynch themselves. For some reason I mentally ignored the voteblock as a slot for the purposes of game ending. Math is hard. I blame johns.

I'm extremely sorry this happened because it's a bit lame now... but:

As you continue to discuss, it becomes clear that Red Roycoon is just in no position to help overpower the evil at work here today. Soon, he collapses on the floor, out of breath.

Suddenly, one of you begins to chuckle. A slow, dry laugh, that sounds more akin to the echo of a crypt than a human voice. A realization?

"Heh... HEheheheh."

"One... Two..." It begins to count, starting with those who are still standing before reaching Red Roycoon's lifeless form "...Dead!"

"HAHAHAAAAHAHAAAA"

Rasping torrents of darkness sweep in through the open window, engulfing the manor and everyone in the room.

The last thing you ever hear is "I knew if I just waited long enough... I'd have the last laugh."

"THIS IS THE END, DGAMES!"

Adumbrodeus: The Spirit of Queues Past (Mafia) is victorious!

Maven: Wizard of the West, Town Apathetic Wizard has been endgamed.

Red Roycoon: Depressed Whale, Town Popcap Vig has been endgamed.

Full Metal Lynch: Detective Heart of America, Town Popcap Vig has been endgamed.

The Spirit Three of DGames win Shadow Games Mafia!

"And that my friend. Is the full and true tale of how the three evil spirits of Dgames; Past, Present, and Future, successfully plotted to send a mafia game to the the Shadow Realm. Beating the mafia players at their own game to destroy them once and for all."

"... The Shadow Realm."

"Yeah!"

"... You mean like in Yugioh?"

"Uh huh! Pretty cooo-ool right?"

"...That's so stupid I can't... Where do you even come up with this horse ****."

"Well duh Charlie... we're unicorns."

"I hate you so much... all of you."

The end

Top Bottom