• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Sep 14, 2014] Smash Weekend @ Gamers Room: Project M & Melee (Concord, NC)

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
UPDATE:

Hey guys so the Gamers Room venue was having trouble with scheduling conflicts on Saturdays. For example there was a birthday party scheduled on the 13th and for us to still have the tournament that day I would have to push the time up to 4PM and you all would not be able to come in early. This of course would mean the event would more then likely end very late, setups would be leaving early as their owners do, and I just don't think that's fair to you all.

So to fix this issue I have pushed the tournament to the following day (Sunday the 14th) From now on we will also be doing our tournaments on Sundays since the venue owner has given me his word that he won't schedule anything on those days from now on. He has also opened up the opportunity for me to host it bi-monthly as well on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month, but for this month at least I'll stick to one.

I'm very sorry if this is any inconvenience to you. However, I think last time we had our event on a Sunday it went pretty well and that was with us at 1/2 efficiency. If you cannot make it on Sunday I know of another event in Chapel Hill (UNC Fall Smashfest) that I may be going to. Again sorry if this is any inconvenience but hopefully with the new day no more scheduling conflicts will happen. Thanks!
When does this start?

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Foo- Indeed, you are correct. I posted impulsively on an off tilt based off of previous life experience. I was mistaken. Thank you for presenting your logic to me, and I apologize for the callout.

Boss- Again, I do apologize. You caught a usually nice guy on a bad day and I wasn't thinking clearly. I hope you can forgive me, I hold no ill will against you and realize I made a mistake.

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
we will not be attending

the sunday deal is too troublesome without available transportation
I wish you all luck

White Wolf

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts-
Smith, for being godlike
Pluto, for liking Where The Wild Things Are
Sword, for being himself
Karma, for hype matches
Me, for getting bodied
Thanks for an awesome time, all of you.

Foo

Smash Lord
No shoutouts to me for getting fourth place? AGAIN. AGAIN.

I swear, even if I get to be the fifth best player in the world the top 3 in the world will show up so that I get 4th. You guys should make a fourth place medal for me. Out of construction paper and crayon. With a nickel attached to the back as my prize money. Nobody bother even coming to the next one if you want fourth. I GOT THAT ON LOCK. Also, I assume sonic will be banned from the next one correct?

Seriously, though, was a fun event as usual. Good games to everyone I played against. I'm a little bit sad I never got the chance to play against smith, vorosh and mintyfreshness, though. Soul, can you confirm 100% that the next tourney will be on the 28th?

Last edited:

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
No shoutouts to me for getting fourth place? AGAIN. AGAIN.

I swear, even if I get to be the fifth best player in the world the top 3 in the world will show up so that I get 4th. You guys should make a fourth place medal for me. Out of construction paper and crayon. With a nickel attached to the back as my prize money. Nobody bother even coming to the next one if you want fourth. I GOT THAT ON LOCK. Also, I assume sonic will be banned from the next one correct?

Seriously, though, was a fun event as usual. Good games to everyone I played against. I'm a little bit sad I never got the chance to play against smith, vorosh and mintyfreshness, though. Soul, can you confirm 100% that the next tourney will be on the 28th?
I liked your Salt at our second match :p For real do I feel ya I used to do a race and I always got 3rd. I literally have like 5 trophies that are all 3rd :( never got above third. Can't wait to beat you next time and make you get 4th again ;)

Chrome Bowser

Smash Rookie
Geez i missed a really good tournament. I heard there were upsets (Congrats to Karma for taking down Foo & Luckywind) and another top player showed up. I have to start scheduling so that I can come to more of these things

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
Traz your Rob just counters me man :sadeyes: Everytime I just lose to it XD Think if I have to go against again Ima go Mewtwo. Or maybe even 20XX.

T-Raz

Smash Rookie
NNID
ZartraZ
3DS FC
2062-9197-4895
lol. I'll be happy to play friendlies to.=) Everyone I use include Sheik/Zelda, Peach, ROB, Dedede, some Toon Link, pretty much all I use.

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
lol. I'll be happy to play friendlies to.=) Everyone I use include Sheik/Zelda, Peach, ROB, Dedede, some Toon Link, pretty much all I use.
Well in Melee I use Marf, Sheik, Pichu, Fox, Mewtwo, Falco, and CF in that order. PM I pretty much just use Marf and Mewtwo XD maybe I will learn Roy in PM, prob. not though.

T-Raz

Smash Rookie
NNID
ZartraZ
3DS FC
2062-9197-4895
I haven't played in Melee for a LONG time. lol. Way out of practice.XD I actually moved to Brawl from Melee upon its release.

pluto

Smash Cadet
Sword, i will literally refuse to play you if you use both marth AND roy lol. T-Raz that was an amazing match man, i really enjoyed it. i never mind losing as long as it's a really great match, and that 3rd round was CLOSE. i was super nervous haha. hope to see you at next month's event so we can re-match.

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
Sword, i will literally refuse to play you if you use both marth AND roy lol. T-Raz that was an amazing match man, i really enjoyed it. i never mind losing as long as it's a really great match, and that 3rd round was CLOSE. i was super nervous haha. hope to see you at next month's event so we can re-match.
#automatic forfeit (Kappa)

T-Raz

Smash Rookie
NNID
ZartraZ
3DS FC
2062-9197-4895
@ pluto pluto : Unless something comes up, I will most definently be at the next tournament, had a great time playing against ya.=) Yeah I'd like to have a rematch.

Top Bottom