• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Sep 14, 2014] Smash Weekend @ Gamers Room: Project M & Melee (Concord, NC)

Foo

Smash Lord
LOOL none of u guys can wreck me....im boss....

i literally screamed MONEY MATCH!!!!!! IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS VENUE....

AND NO ONE WANTED TO FIGHT ME....LOOOL FREEDOM!!!!!

tell u what guys....i'll give u 2 to 4 stock odds.......xD and if u win i'll give u 5 bucks,if i win you only have to give me a dollar....
I'LL MONEY MATCH YOU! ON SUNDAY BRUH! I'M PUTTING UP -$100 DOLLARS. GET READY TO LOSE SOME MONEY.

@ SoulOfSmash SoulOfSmash Yeah, I understand. !@#$ happens and you don't always have control of it. Oh well, it's good news that the tourney will be be semimonthly. At least, it sounds like it will. Twice a month is semi monthly, and once every two months is bimonthly.

Last edited:

MLSword

Smash Journeyman

tell u what guys....i'll give u 2 to 4 stock odds.......xD and if u win i'll give u 5 bucks,if i win you only have to give me a dollar....
Sure Boss ;) Does that include Luckywind, cus he will take that free 5 bucks.... and so will I ;)

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
@ Foo Foo Google's definition of bimonthly :
bi·month·ly
bīˈmənTHlē/
adjective
  1. 1.
    occurring or produced twice a month or every two months.
    "a bimonthly newsletter"
adverb
  1. 1.
    twice a month or every two months.
    "the magazine appears bimonthly"
noun
  1. 1.
    a periodical produced twice a month or every two months.

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
So are
bi·month·ly
bīˈmənTHlē/
adjective
  1. 1.
    "a bimonthly newsletter"
adverb
  1. 1.
noun
  1. 1.
So are the tournaments going to be bimonthly?

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
Hey sword want to have a friendly set against each other? My friend told me your really good and I want it see how I can do.

Last edited:

Foo

Smash Lord
bi·month·ly
bīˈmənTHlē/
adjective
  1. 1.
    "a bimonthly newsletter"
adverb
  1. 1.
noun
  1. 1.

Bimonthly TECHNICALLY can mean twice a month or once every two months. I am pretty sure bimonthly can only mean both because it was misused so often that the official definition changed. So, to be clear, always use semimonthly or "twice a month" for that. Biweekly and bimonthly are very ambiguous.

EDIT: Bi means 2 and monthly means every month, so bi monthly would be every two months. Bi also CAN mean half, but that's proscribed (meaning: Some educators or other authorities recommend against the listed usage.) Semi, on the other hand, means half. So that would be every half month, or twice a month. However, language can change for better or worse, sort of like how "bad" can mean "good" and other silly things. Sorry, but I love english and entymology. The main reason "bimonthly" is used as "twice a month" more than "every two months" is because there is almost nothing that happens every two months.

Someone didn't see the negative sign before the $100 xD I'd like to make it clear, in case Boss or anyone else takes it seriously, that it was a joke. I was saying that if we had a money match for negative 100 dollars, Boss would lose money because he would beat me xD

@ W1m0 W1m0 Next time use the edit function rather than spamming so many posts in a row.

Oh, and BTW, I got things straightened out with work and I will be able to come. I will have to get up super early, though, so I may do something stupid like play falcon till I get knocked out early and just spend the rest of the tourney casting and playing friendlies.

Last edited:

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
Also guys I have bad news, I won't be able to go anymore since my mom doesn't like that they are on Sundays (because church and school night) :urg:

Chrome Bowser

Smash Rookie

I would be making an easy 5 bucks. Especially sense I won't go f-smash fishing next time.

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
You guys are losing to lucky wind...
Luckywind is pretty good. AND, I wish I could go against him, cause I have learned a thing or two about Marth ;) Besides, I would like to see yourself vs Luckywind and see how you fare.

EDIT: And I don't like the disrespect you are directing towards LuckyWind in your post.

Last edited:

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Luckywind is pretty good. AND, I wish I could go against him, cause I have learned a thing or two about Marth ;) Besides, I would like to see yourself vs Luckywind and see how you fare.

EDIT: And I don't like the disrespect you are directing towards LuckyWind in your post.
I couldn't care less

I've been playing smash for longer than you've been conscious

Pretty sure I'd wreck everyone that goes to these events, maybe you should go to events where people actually get ranked for going and find out yourself

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
I couldn't care less

I've been playing smash for longer than you've been conscious

Pretty sure I'd wreck everyone that goes to these events, maybe you should go to events where people actually get ranked for going and find out yourself
lol u suk

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Are you scrubs willing to put up $20? Because I'm pretty sure I can find worse videos of myself too

Pro tip: when finding videos to makes someone look bad, don't use one where they made it to grand finals

Foo

Smash Lord
Ok, dark hart and everyone else baited by him need to calm down. Anyone can talk **** nonstop when they don't have to back it up immediately. Just wait till the tourney, ok?

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
All **** talk aside, I don't usually make it out this far for smash unless Ali asks, but maybe some of us can have a cordial conversation in between at a Greensboro tournament some day

and then I can take everyone's money

Chrome Bowser

Smash Rookie
You want some too? At this rate I'll need to bring $20 and I"ll just stack it up from there

Y'all are gonna make me rich
Look at this low quality bait, I'm sure you've played longer than me but you'd probably lose your money in PM. Also I mostly play for fun, im not maining bowser because he's the best character in the game.

Last edited:

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell

u screamed money match at a venue with no power ranked players from NC, are MDVA players really like this?

Top Bottom