• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scav's Obsolete Happy Fun Release Date Experiment Scavenger Hunt

icymatt

Smash Lord
Okay, so we've established that the game is coming out in the fourth quarter.

To add...

GI: It seems like the core gamer is being left in the dust for this new gamer.

Kaplan: Reggie would tell you that we’re fully committed to the core gamer. You know it’s interesting. We have these arguments internally. Do we have too much expanded audience and not enough core? Do we have too much core and not enough expanded? Everybody on any given day has one opinion, and they can change their minds the next day. We’re figuring out what that balance is. By December I’d love to know if you still feel this way.

GI: By December I’d expect to have Smash Bros. Mario and Metroid out the door.

Kaplan: Tell me by November then.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
I am seriously going to just sit down and sigh desolately if Brawl doesn't reach Europe in 2007 just because Jerry sucks at english and the French are too complacent and traditional to bother with it... We here in Scandinavia own at English and shouldn't have to wait that long!

Then again, Nintendo is always more savvy than one thinks, and are probably just as aware as the next guy how indescribably foolish it would be to miss Christmas.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
They should release online and virtual console games in Europe first and the rest in America first then at least we would get something!

Link/Samus

Smash Cadet
On the Wii and Ds newsletter email i got from gamespot at the bottom it shows a list of the top ten searched games for both of them. Brawl was abviously on it and beside it it said Release Date 9/01/07. A mistake by gamespot or a slip-up?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Thats date seems to close so i would say it is most probably a fake.

(But with E3 so close that line between fake and real is getting thinner)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I think that we might get a clue or if not, an actual release date at E3 maybe perhaps they will possibly include a playable demo

Legolastom

Smash Hero
They should release a beta over wi-fi but seeing as this is Nintendo that will never happen.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
They should release a beta over wi-fi but seeing as this is Nintendo that will never happen.
^^^^ They should. Anyways, my guess is...Novemeber 27th. This is the week or so after Thanksgiving, and happens around the shopping craze for Christmas. Hopefully it's released worldwide on the same date, because I don't want to be p***** at Sakurai about giving Japan the best game ever two days before us! If that happens again, those two days will be like 2 million years....TOO LONG! :mad: Please don't be stupid Sakurai, be the genius you usual are! ;)

Estehban

Smash Rookie
I've always been pessemistic and thought that it would end up being released in 2008. If anyone would know when the game would be released, it's Sakurai. He's put up 2007. The holiday season would be the safest bet.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I hope it doesn't come out in Europe to long after everywhere else (Twilight princess was partially ruined for me because i could wait to play it and made use of you tube and wikipedia -.-)

lex.aut

Smash Apprentice
I hope it doesn't come out in Europe to long after everywhere else (Twilight princess was partially ruined for me because i could wait to play it and made use of you tube and wikipedia -.-)
don't get your hopes up - it usually takes 6-10 months to release a game like ssbb in europe (ssb and ssbm also took 6 and 8 months), and since there's not even a sentence that states "planned 2007" on the european part of the official website, i think we can expect an april 2008 release, probably may/june.
the worst thing about that is, that europeans won't stand a chance in online games (at least in the first months), since americans and japanese people already got several months to practice..

but then again, whining about it won't make the game come faster~

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Um... but seeing as the control scheme is most likely going to be a game cube pad i could just go online as link and still have as much skill.
And 6-8 months? that was the old days it shouldn't take that long this time.

I

i8waffles612

Its like at E3, they will be talking about Brawl, then they will be like-

"Now the release date. I know you all can't wait this long for this game, but it is the best we can do.....*sighs*.... The came will come out..........TOMORROW!!!!"

Iwould laugh =)

lex.aut

Smash Apprentice
Um... but seeing as the control scheme is most likely going to be a game cube pad i could just go online as link and still have as much skill.
And 6-8 months? that was the old days it shouldn't take that long this time.

well, i guess it's best to just stay optimistic ^^

KYAG

Smash Rookie
some guy on another board (whos been known to lie) said that its coming out sept. 1st and that hes already reserved a copy......LOL!!!!

KYAG

Smash Rookie
nintendo keeps saying that they'll have it out by the new year...but you never know...

psyt

Smash Journeyman
well that fake summit news abt the controler scheme looks surprisingly accurate, maybe the release date will be too?

and haha KYAG, 2 of ur 3 post are double post :lick:

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
some guy on another board (whos been known to lie) said that its coming out sept. 1st and that hes already reserved a copy......LOL!!!!
Well idk about the release date being Sept. 1 but it is possible to reserve a copy...I already have mine reserved

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
Well idk about the release date being Sept. 1 but it is possible to reserve a copy...I already have mine reserved
I dunno about release date, but I work at a game store, and I've had mine reserved since before the Wii came out.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I work at Best Buy. I will protect one copy that comes into the warehouse just for me. ^_^

puff..jigglypuff

Smash Apprentice
personally i think it wont be long before its out now.
he has started posting a daily weeekday blog about it. if he keeps posting up at this rate then if it were to come out in november say then he would have ran out of stuff to say by then.

i remember hearing that ssbb and metroid prime 3 were comming out near the same time somewhere though i cant remember. over hear in the uk the release date for metroid prime 3 in the 28th august.

so if i were to put in an educaded guess at what date it might be released on then my guess is about 10th august.
seems like a good point for running out of things to post a blog on and its close to the other date.

oddgloat

Smash Cadet
I just had a problem with my Brawl Pre-order from Bestbuy. They told me I'd be receiving my game (via 2-day shipping) on January 2 2008. According to her, the release date is December 31, 2007. Now I know Bestbuy isn't reliable seeing as they had their original release date as March 15, 2007, but strangely it was still painful to hear this. Anyone else who works at a retail store hear anything about this? Say it ain't so!

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't trust the stores about release dates just yet. As far as I know they sometimes just slap on their 'best guess' so that they can begin pre-orders and the customer actually has a date that they wait for. Since everyone knows it's out in 2007, the retailer then chooses the latest possible date. This way, people have a date to wait for. I've personally had that situation before where the retailer sort of changes release dates, but trust me, they don't know for sure until it's officially announced.

imo it's out around the beginning of fall. I can't see it coming out any later. They have been working on this for so long, delay after delay, Kojima stated 'it looks ready', and they site is updateing every weekday, with only so much to put on before they run out of things to post.

The game will come out before the site is filled with all it's info. To me, that's just logical, I mean, think about it. If they finished the site and added every single update possible (including secret chars/levels/ etc.) and the game wasn't out... wtf m8?? It's like saying "Yeah here's everything in the game. Now why aren't we releasing it if we HAVE everything??"

richie137

Smash Cadet
This is what I think of this, I think it will come on November or December (basically around the holiday season), also its better off around that time, because if it comes out around the time slot (Q3) of HALO 3, Grand Theft Auto IV and maybe even Metal Gear Solid 4, it will be utter chaos, and bidding wars for the top spot, between all those games.

Plus Mario Strikers Charged and Pokemon Battle Revolution are the first ones, to come online and they come out this year. SSBB is coming out this year, but I think for the holiday season (and I agree with other people in this thread) a safer bet.

Here is the release date of all games (from Wikipedia)

HALO 3: September 25 (US), September 26 (EU) (Europe)
Grand Theft Auto IV: October 16 (US) (NA), October 19 (EU) (Europe), October 23 (Australia)
Metal Gear Solid 4: TBA 2007
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: TBA 2007

Oathblivion

Smash Apprentice
http://egm.1up.com/

The July 2007 edition of EGM (Wal-Mart didn't have it wrapped up, so I looked for SSBB stuff) says that it will be here in the States Fall '07. Also, it mentioned that it was already mostly completed and technically it could be released now. Not sure how new or reliable the info is, but interesting none the less.

Kirby Superstar

Smash Apprentice
I hope so dearly that its coming by september....... And i don't see why he doesn't release now. And if he has time to post updates online, its probably ready, and hes stalling to put final layers, etc on. plus with Halo 3 suprisingly being released september 25 instead of november 27, he better finish brawl before everyones wrapped up into halo 3 and before it even comes out.

Zabutur

Smash Apprentice
I still don't see what's so good about Halo. I hated that game. (both) yes. you heard me right.
I---h-a-t-e-d---t-h-a-t---g-a-m-e.
then again, any FPS game I pick up gets those same words from me. I must say it may have been one of the more mild "I hate it"'s I've given.

there are very few games I like, because there are very few games I'm good at. the ones I AM good at thoyugh, I'm really good at, such as Smash BRos.

on topic: spite time: Brawl will be released September 24.

Onifrio

Smash Journeyman
Regardless of when it releases i have a friend that works in an electronic boutique and a friend at a target. Ill reserver a copy at both places just in case and if i happen to get 2 well...ebay?

copper90

Smash Apprentice
BestBuy says! :
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Nintendo Wii
Release date not announced by publisher

Other Release Date: 12/31/2007

I hate life. :(

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Lol first of all Europe will most probably get it 2008 so thats nothing and second thats just a random place holder thing.

Top Bottom