• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scav's Obsolete Happy Fun Release Date Experiment Scavenger Hunt

Caael

Smash Lord
3 Words

Hooray for Europe

But that's just IGN, might not be official

ONM said:
Nintendo Reveal 2007 Wii Line-Up For Japan
[01/05/2007 10:15]
Smash Bros, Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 all set for release this year
Nintendo is bringing out all the big guns for 2007. In an official financial document it has been revealed that the likes of Super Smash Bros Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption will all be released this year in Japan.

Unfortunately there are no concrete dates and these games haven't been officially announced for the UK but it's still exciting news. Yet it's not just the big names that have been announced for Wii. Disaster: Day Of Crisis and Project H.A.M.M.E.R, two games that haven't been seen since May last year, are also set for release this year.

Here is the list in full:-

Donkey Kong Taru Jet Race
Wii Health Pack
Disaster: Day Of Crisis
Mario Party 8
Project H.A.M.M.E.R
Wii Music
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Battalion wars 2
Forever Blue
Mario Strikers Charged
Metroid 3 Prime: Corruption
Mario And Sonic At The Olympic Games

Of these, only Mario Strikers Charged Football has an official UK release date (25 May) while Mario Party 8 and DK Jet will follow in the summer. Mario And Sonic At The Olympics is also set for release before the end of the year.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, games are usually done awhile before they're released, so overshooting Christmas is somewhat stupid. Also, when sites list December 31st as the release date, it's because the game was announced to come out this year and they list the last possible date to be safe.

What I think would be cool is for them to release the game in every country that has a Wii on (close to) the same day. Just start localizing for everywhere, build up all the servers and test everything, and just get it out everywhere within a couple weeks of each other. With all this concious of foreign market talks everyone has, I just wanna see some game pull it off...and I think SSBB should be that game. I can just picture the E3 trailer..."Coming out...WORLDWIDE...which includes countries besides Japan and those in NA...[And then the date.]"

Me and my pipe dreams. :/

Also...I wanna play in French. :3

Press22

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I want to play in english and ***, you kno they should really release a demo/beta on the wii shop channel.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
But that's just IGN, might not be official
IGN may not be official, but it IS a good sorce fo info. I mean they can get in contact with Nintendo, so they must know something.

Also concedering that Pokemon Revolution is supposed to be there opening online game, it could come out just weeks afterword.

A little saying I always throw around in a time like this: "Hope for the best, Expect the worst."

That way you'll never be down hearted, IF something bad happens :chuckle:

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I called a tech guy for fixing the wifi settings for my DS. Out of curiosity, I asked about a couple release dates, one of them being brawl. The man said they couldn't give a confirmed release date, but he said October 20-something was a good time...

Kamaji

Smash Ace
My guess is that on June 1st they'll release smash bros 64 for the virtual console and announce the release date as Dec. 1st-ish.

EDIT: Err I'm pissed. Half the reason I bought a wii is for online play, especially for brawl, so I certainly hope they DO have it online.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
We know, that was said near the top of this page. And it's not a real date, it's total bull.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
And at the end of Starcraft Ghosts trailer it said 2004. Well?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nintendo announced recently that Brawl is slated for a 2007 release.
I saw that and the US Nintendo President (I think it was him, or some other really high Nintendo person) said that Brawl will most likely come out 3rd or 4th quarter 2007. Still....Q2 2007 isn't out of the question...Ocarnina of Time and Twilight Princess still pop up in my mind, with many other delayed games.

Still, Brawl will either come out Q3 2007 (I don't see this happening, but watever), Q4 2007, or Q2 2008. Q1 2008 is out of the question IMO because few GOOD games have come out then. But Q2 2008 isn't, and Brawl will most likely come out Q4 07 or Q2 08'. :)

5@/\/\U5

Smash Apprentice
At this point, Brawl is the best choice Nintendo has for an app that can hold its own against Halo 3 and GTA IV among the hardcore crowd. I see it coming out right around the time that those two come out.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well according to PSM magazine it had the list Wii games that will be coming out and had Super Smash Bros. Brawl on there for Fall 2007 so I'm thinking that it will come out sometime during late september or october IMO

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
GTA IV comes out in Novemeber I think. Honestly, Nintendo has to worry more about GTA IV than Halo 3, look at the sales records for GTA San Andreas, just the PS2 version. 19 million units, more than double Halo 2's, and more than Halo 1 and 2 combined. GTA IV gives the Xbox 360 and PS3 a lot more to work with, so I see a good solid release date of November 2007, or April 2008 if Brawl isn't finished.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
actually, halo 3's prerelease sales have already beaten halo 2's actual sales
Inthe longrun Halo 3 is the bigger threat to Brawl and Nintendo, but in terms of sales GTA IV could make more than Halo 3 and Brawl, considering it is one the PS3 and Xbox 360, I wouldn't underestimate it, and I don't think Nintnedo will either. ;)

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
It all depends on how you define 'threat'. Sure, one game may far outsell another, but look at MLG. For the longest time, they hosted an XBox game (Halo 2) and a Gamecube game (SSBM). Sure, there was the occasional PS2 game tournament, but nothing was consistent. It happened that way despite PS2 having a huge game library and totally trouncing the other two as far as sales go.

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
March 29, 2007. My birthday. I hope best buy are right...
kewl, my birthday is on march 29 also :laugh:
as for a link, i aint got one, but i do have this rumor, which i found at a chat room on www.deviantart.com , here it is:
"i heard from some nintendo rep guy walking around that the release date is some where near/around october, so would we be expecting a halloween release man? i hope so!"

sorry, i cant direct link it, because the chat room would've refreshed, so if it would come out october, does that mean we would have a halloween theme going on in the game?that'd be kewl.:laugh:

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
^^Well, I made a new topic regarding that, but my point was first, to quiet the people thinking it will launch this summer, and second, because it is now officially scheduled for Q4. No more speculation. I don't really thing this fits in this topic, as we're supposed to be collecting ridiculous unofficial website dates, and not official Nintendo announcements, but whatever, McFox wanted it posted here I guess... here goes.

Release date hint (IGN sourced)

All apologies if this isn't exactly what the mods want, I know they're a little on edge right now, and for good reason, but I'm honestly just providing some info. After searching a bit, I didn't see this posted yet so...

Well, we now know when the release date for Brawl ISN'T. IGN just recently reported Nintendo's official summer lineup, and expectedly, Brawl wasn't mentioned. This includes the months July-September, so we're looking at October at the very earliest. I don't think this comes as a shock to anyone, but it's now been confirmed as far as I'm concerned.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/790/790231p1.html

NOTE: It's possible the Dojo (when updated later on tonight) could miraculously add Brawl to the Q3 (July-September) lineup, but don't count on it.

(link to the original thread)
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=104128&highlight=release

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
Put your minds at ease! It was stated on multiple occasions(Not just at the website.) That it WILL be a 2007 realsese. If anything many think it will be Galaxy to be delayed. Thats an IF, as in that might not even be.

By the way welcome to Smash Boards!

Also at Burining lava, That doesent say its not a summer realses. They didn't give the FULL LIST. They said thats all we know for shure.

SuppaRoy

Smash Cadet
November i saw november cause halo 3 comes out in late september and that game is gonna break records so nintendo should give that game a month and a half for it to die down a little than release brawl

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
i got a horrible feeling it'll be delayed and we'll have to wait till 2008...
Hey man, I too have some consolation for you. (And some chicken noodle soup for extra warmth :embarrass.)

One point of interest is that only the U.S. and Japanese Dojo sites give a 2007 release date. The other languages do not list a date. This is most likely because they are pretty sure these other territories won't be getting Brawl this year, but the fact that they are still listing 2007 for America and Japan... well it probably means they are trying with everything they've got to put this game out "on time." Well, I mean they probably would start trying to let people forget about the whole "2007 launch" thing if they thought it might be delayed. Just the fact that they bothered to remind us of the date on the Dojo means they are sticking with it. So unless something drastic happens I think we could end up seeing it as early as mid November. (Don't even hope for anything before Nov 17-19... just assume it will come out about two weeks before Christmas, and hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised.)

And I shall welcome you too. Welcome!

minwoo6360

Smash Rookie
Hmm... you need more then that!

Learn Japanese first,,,

it will be hard for couple years..

but you can get more info in the japanese site about the game:laugh:

Tera253

Smash Ace
Metroid... Mario... Smash Bros...

something about one being in August, another in October, and the other in December seems to ring a bell. since Metroid is August, let's eliminate those. we now have:
Mario, Smash Bros. <--> October, December. take your pick.

as for Tera, she hopes it's October, not just because she wants smash out sooner, but also she doesn't give a crap about that Mario game, because she sucks real hard at every Mario game she plays.
Then again, Smash Bros. Murder comes out October 4, 2012. maybe they'll have a purposeful 5-year gap. meh...
prediction: December 19, 2007.
why the 19th? that gives another month up to rise: November. it is fully posible that Tera's prediction of the three months could be awry, and that November 19, 2007, would be even better, since it'd be the year anniversary of the Wii.
as far as DEcember goes again, it might be on the 2nd, since that's when the **** got the Wii. or, maybe *hopeful* they'll split realease dates like they did with the Wii.
the final verdict: it'll be one of the following:
September 19
October 19
November 19
December 19
why all these 19ths? well...

[1stperson]
1. 19 is cool. your 'cool' number is not. (unless it's 7 or 253)
2. December 19 is right before the holidays
3. November 19 was the Wii release date.
4. October 19 was... well, I can't recall. give me some time to think.
5. September 19? where did that one come from? the only thing I remember happeneing then was the birthday of the fictional character Hermione Grangetr. heh. at least I can dream about Smash being realeased that early. shut up if you think otherwise.
6. wow. that was quite the rant. oh well, since I'm on a roll right now, I'm going to continue. eliminating December 19, and September 19 would give us the much more likely of the remaining two: November 19. why?
7. November 19th is later than October 19. we all know Nintendo for that. gah, too much google news search: smash bros brawl. it would also be another 6-month marker for info, since this is the 3rd one.
8. the first two were E3 and Nintendo World.
[/1stperson]

wow. that was quite the rant, and it kinda turned to spam at the end.
ANYWAYS...
the REAL verdict: November 19, 2007 and/or December 2, 2007
then again, it could be delayed back to July 15, 2042.

~Tera253~

Top Bottom