• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
hey guys

check out some friendlies

Vs niko (he almost beat scar, hes too good vs falcon, scar watch them)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT6WP86VncU 2 vs marth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF7Um786d0c 2 vs marth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFHYtRyuW0E 1 vs marth, 1 vs fox

vs OTG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK9xAUrLZHE 1 vs doc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNdTH1S3cXY 1 vs falco, 1 vs sheik
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORAAVmaXB_4 1 vs fox, 1 vs mario

im quitting smash for a while, i just need a break. peace guys merry christmas, happy new year
I played niko at princeton alot, he's good. i also watched scar crush him in crews despite said too good against falcon description, lol.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Peach Help

Ok guys, I usually don't ask for specific character help, but my friend's peach just got ridiculous... to the point where I don't know what to do.

His peach's downsmash and turnip control is 2 much and once i get off the stage,, he float cancels and waits and aerials till I die and chain grabs lol. Any help guys. How shoud I approach a Peach like this? Scar how do you fight peaches?

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Jona, almost beating someone doesn't mean anything in smash. Just FYI.
I'm gonna have to call bull**** on this one. There's no way that, for example, taking Zhu down to his last stock at 100% doesn't mean that you're hella good.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
GJ Scar for beating SS in dittoes, although SS was nice that one time by suiciding a stock when you did. The set was mad entertaining.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
lol can I get any help in the help thread lolz?

Peach Help
Ok guys, I usually don't ask for specific character help, but my friend's peach just got ridiculous... to the point where I don't know what to do.

His peach's downsmash and turnip control is 2 much and once i get off the stage,, he float cancels and waits and aerials till I die and chain grabs lol. Any help guys. How shoud I approach a Peach like this? Scar how do you fight peaches?

Lovage

Smash Hero
I'm gonna have to call bull**** on this one. There's no way that, for example, taking Zhu down to his last stock at 100% doesn't mean that you're hella good.
yeah there is

and using zhu as an example is probably the worst person you could have chosen

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Lol, leviathan. Sounds like he's just playing the matchup correctly. Try to make him approach, but remember there isn't much you can punish except for the dsmash. Peaches' approaches are weak. If you need to approach, go for a nair. Punish Dsmash w/dair. If you get a grab, capitalize.

Watch this man play against me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8v7SNdWPHQ

I think I'm alright at the matchup, but I was sort of screwing around in the 1st 2 matches. None the less, watch what he does with his grabs.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
almost beating really great people doesnt mean nearly as much as beating pretty good people

playing against peach means dash dancing close to them to see if they spot dodge or roll, uairing them if they go too high, nairing if youre backed into a corner and theyre in the air, trying to predict dash attacks and shield grabbing them, etc.

you should be able to dodge turnips easily enough with your speed, so just do that for a little while and the peach will usually stop pulling up turnips as frequently

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
bigD, I'm sad you didn't come to the Michigan tourney today. You missed Kels beasting (getting lucky) against Tec0. And some delicious Tink and Vidjo ****.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
almost beating really great people doesnt mean nearly as much as beating pretty good people

playing against peach means dash dancing close to them to see if they spot dodge or roll, uairing them if they go too high, nairing if youre backed into a corner and theyre in the air, trying to predict dash attacks and shield grabbing them, etc.

you should be able to dodge turnips easily enough with your speed, so just do that for a little while and the peach will usually stop pulling up turnips as frequently

Ok thanks but when i do grab him and start up a combo he di's down and away as to break my combos and I must say it si pretty dam good at breaking combos. What do I do then... because killing peach without combos is extremeley hard..

Zephyr

Smash Lord
I won't argue with that. I'm just saying that almost beating really great people means something as opposed to nothing. I was somewhat delirious in my last post and got sidetracked from what I meant to say.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
juggle i unfortunately had to drive from chicago to ohio yesterday, couldnt really squeeze it in

and zephyr, it really doesnt mean nearly as much as people like to think it does. i've taken chu down to his last stock on the third match of the set, but i've also lost to plenty of people you've probably never heard of and probably wouldnt be considered "hella good"

Zephyr

Smash Lord
What I do against Peach is wait for her to approach, then punish her for approaching. That's pretty much the extent of my Falcon game against Peach. I mostly go Fox against Peach because of the easy combos and upward KO's.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Ok thanks but when i do grab him and start up a combo he di's down and away as to break my combos and I must say it si pretty dam good at breaking combos. What do I do then... because killing peach without combos is extremeley hard..
Breaking out of combo's as in: he likes to nair out of them? If so, just wait for the nair then **** afterwards.

I dunno how to play Falcon, but it's all just bait and punish.

Just don't sit in your shield and crap, cause that gives Peach a free grab.

Niko45

Smash Master
I agree.

But, I don't want to seem like I'm taking this personally or anything, in general I'd say for a player like me who is not an established pro and has yet to really do any travelling it certainly means something. I mean, that's like a top 3 (at least) CF main right there. Lets be real.

T-Cash

Smash Apprentice
moonwalking? how do i do it someone help
and does it really have uses to your game i heard its perfect for mind games to put in your game

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Hey Falcon board, does hitting with a weak knee stale the damage for a strong knee?
Also (not specifically Falcon related, but might as well ask) does a phantom hit do half the % that the move would have done, or half the % that the move would do if it weren't stale'd at all?

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I'm really just guessing until magus clears it up for all of us, but my understanding is that a weak knee stales a strong knee and that phantom hits do half the % the move would have done, taking into account staleness.
Yeah, both of those I'd always assumed to be true, but I'm trying to figure out exactly what happened here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1uk2OOpNLU#t=4m00s
Some combination of a phantom strong knee and a regular weak knee hit, and it did 13%, immediately after two weak knees. lol wut?

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i saw your comment on the vid and i can confirm from experience that you can definitely get hit by a phantom hit on a move then actually hit by the same move

doesnt happen too often though

Magus420

Smash Master
Attack..Damage . Total
------------------------
B-air . 14.00 .. 14.00
D-air . 16.00 .. 30.00
D-air . 14.56 .. 44.56
B-air . 13.02 .. 57.58
D-air . 13.60 .. 71.18
N-air[2] 7.00 .. 78.18
----Darkrain KOed-----
F-air[W] 6.00 .. 84.18
F-air[W] 5.46 .. 89.64
F-air 7.88 .. 97.52 . Phantom Hit (15.77x0.50=7.88)
F-air[W] 4.56 . 102.08

Yeah, it was a phantom sweetspot then normal hit weak knee. It looks like phantom hits allow the move to hit the same target again if they get out of hitlag from the phantom while the hitbox is still out and within range of hitting them. Since phantom hits only cause the person being hit to go into hitlag and the attacker keeps going, it's pretty uncommon to see on a phantom hit, and phantoms themselves are somewhat rare.

The sweetspot knee phantomed, then he kept going and the knee had switched to a weak one by the time the hitlag from the phantom ended (6-7 frames it looks like), and you were still in range so the knee hit you again.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
So in theory it is possible to phantom strong to strong? meaning 24 damage knee? =P

Thanks for clearing that up Mangus.

Top Bottom