• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Savvy Stylist - Sets the Trend, Style Savvy 3 coming to Europe

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That remix is ****ing heavenly.

Of all the potential Nintendo characters that could use clothing as weapons. She'd be the go to for me.

Gracie from Animal Crossing isn't likable at all, and in fact feels like the antagonistic view of fashion.

Mona, from WarioWare, while cool, doesn't seem popular enough to get playable status.

Style Savvy sells and would be the best middle ground, plus it'd totally feel like the sequel to Wii Fit Trainer.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Of all the potential Nintendo characters that could use clothing as weapons. She'd be the go to for me.

Gracie from Animal Crossing isn't likable at all, and in fact feels like the antagonistic view of fashion.

Mona, from WarioWare, while cool, doesn't seem popular enough to get playable status.

Style Savvy sells and would be the best middle ground, plus it'd totally feel like the sequel to Wii Fit Trainer.
I totally agree! Still, I kind of want Mona to be playable in Smash. As a matter of fact, I personally think she is definitely next in line to be playable as the next Wario rep. So here's hoping it happens for Mona! That girl deserves it!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Just imagine the many delicious tears GIF's that can be made out of her reveal trailer, complete with her winking at her potential haters.

"Savvy Stylist steps onto the catwalk!"

Game And Guy

Smash Cadet
This actually sounds like a Wii Fit Trainer-esque character Sakurai would pull off for the next installment.
Right alongside the Urban Champion as the next retro character.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
But what would the Kirby hat be?
Depends on what hairstyle and hair accessories that the default Stylist would wear. I can see Sakurai taking influence from the boxart like how things went for Villager. So it will be either the short orange haired one from the first game or the long brown haired one from Trendsetters.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
You know, I can really picture the Savvy Stylist acting as the next Wii Fit Trainer for Smash 4 DLC. (or more likely, Smash 5.) Especially with all this talk about her in the past week and a half or so.

Quillion

Smash Hero
How popular is Style Savvy anyway? I never discovered this game until that song was in Smash U.

At least we know that Wii Fit is used in actual gyms. :4wiifit: has that going for her/him at least.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
How popular is Style Savvy anyway? I never discovered this game until that song was in Smash U.

At least we know that Wii Fit is used in actual gyms. :4wiifit: has that going for her/him at least.
Style Savvy is popular with plenty of female gamers (some of them being casual), but like Wii Fit the core male audience hates it to the point of calling it shovelware. The games actually managed to sell well, even more than the average Platinum Games titles.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Also, it's actually quite well known in France. Not necessarily praised (duh, casual), but known.
Reminds me of how Tomodachi Life was considered a best seller there. They do love their fashion and luxurious lifestyles after all.

@ Quillion Quillion Lastly, the scores for both games were rather decent. IGN's community (not the actual reviewers) gave both games an 8.8. Trendsetters had a 4/5 from Metacritic and 9.9/10 from Gamestop while it's predecessor (Style Savvy) had a modest 3/5 and 9.6 from both sites respectively.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Thought of a reveal trailer for her! Count me in for supporters, I love obscurity!!

Princess Peach and Zelda are shown walking through a mall. The two princesses chat it up when all of a sudden Peach puts her hand by her mouth in awe and points towards forward. Zelda looks and the camera pans and zooms into this lovely, light green dress that is on display, shining in the light. The camera goes back to the two princesses, both with hearts in their eyes. They run up to the glass display and awe at the dress. Suddenly, a hand swipes the dress off of display. The two gasp, and rush into the store, seeing that Miss Fit was handing it to Mona (this is how I view it, think of it as a Smash 5 trailer xD). Peach puts her hand up in disagreement, and pulls out a sack of coins, as Miss Fit walks towards Peach, Mona pulls out a bigger sack of coins, that double Peach's, and directly after Zelda shows 5 gold rupees. Mona and Peach's jaws drop in awe and Miss Fit gladly walks up to her. Before she is able to hand her the dress, Mona and Peach jump on the two and the four engage in a Looney Toons style brawl (the giant ball of dust). The dress travels through the air and falls to the ground, when a pair of fashionable heels are shown walking up to the dress. The person reach's for the dress and takes it to the cashier, swipes her card, and walks past the four ladies fighting. The four come to realization that the dress was taken, cease their fight and point to the mysterious buyer. The camera then shows the buyer's back and her brunette hair. When she turns she moves some hair from her face, smirks and "hmphs":

Savvy Shopper
glamorizes the competition

Answer me this, in the game are you only playing as a female or do you choose between a man and a woman? If thats the case the whole purse-based moveset might have I guess. All the other different gender swaps aren't exactly doing anything that breaks the norms of what society thinks of each gender, but this might have to be an exception since bringing both genders of said characters seem to be happening as of Smash 4

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Thought of a reveal trailer for her! Count me in for supporters, I love obscurity!!

Princess Peach and Zelda are shown walking through a mall. The two princesses chat it up when all of a sudden Peach puts her hand by her mouth in awe and points towards forward. Zelda looks and the camera pans and zooms into this lovely, light green dress that is on display, shining in the light. The camera goes back to the two princesses, both with hearts in their eyes. They run up to the glass display and awe at the dress. Suddenly, a hand swipes the dress off of display. The two gasp, and rush into the store, seeing that Miss Fit was handing it to Mona (this is how I view it, think of it as a Smash 5 trailer xD). Peach puts her hand up in disagreement, and pulls out a sack of coins, as Miss Fit walks towards Peach, Mona pulls out a bigger sack of coins, that double Peach's, and directly after Zelda shows 5 gold rupees. Mona and Peach's jaws drop in awe and Miss Fit gladly walks up to her. Before she is able to hand her the dress, Mona and Peach jump on the two and the four engage in a Looney Toons style brawl (the giant ball of dust). The dress travels through the air and falls to the ground, when a pair of fashionable heels are shown walking up to the dress. The person reach's for the dress and takes it to the cashier, swipes her card, and walks past the four ladies fighting. The four come to realization that the dress was taken, cease their fight and point to the mysterious buyer. The camera then shows the buyer's back and her brunette hair. When she turns she moves some hair from her face, smirks and "hmphs":

Savvy Shopper

Answer me this, in the game are you only playing as a female or do you choose between a man and a woman? If thats the case the whole purse-based moveset might have I guess. All the other different gender swaps aren't exactly doing anything that breaks the norms of what society thinks of each gender, but this might have to be an exception since bringing both genders of said characters seem to be happening as of Smash 4
Say, judging from your trailer (and being quite a fan of Mona) I just have two questions. 1) Is this the same Mona from WarioWare you're talking about in the trailer? and 2) Is your trailer confirming Mona AND Savvy Stylist at the same time, or is she simply there for "good measure"? (I hope it's the first choice! I really want to see Mona in Smash, and aside from Ashley, due to her big fanbase and all, I feel that Mona is next in line to be the next Wario rep in Smash. Again, if Ashley doesn't get it first, due to her fanbase and all.)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Savvy Shopper

Nope, the characters you design and control are all female. Though in Trendsetters' update release (Which is through a patch in the Western versions), you do have the option of having a boyfriend.

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
@ Nintendotard Nintendotard That is the best f**king trailer idea I've ever heard of! Add me to the support list folks! I loved the character idea so much that I added her to my roster for Super Smash Bros. Universe on Fantendo! I wanted to say that I got a huge ****storm on there for adding her! XD

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
@ Nintendotard Nintendotard That is the best f**king trailer idea I've ever heard of! Add me to the support list folks! I loved the character idea so much that I added her to my roster for Super Smash Bros. Universe on Fantendo! I wanted to say that I got a huge ****storm on there for adding her! XD
You may want to tag @ DustyPumpkin DustyPumpkin . if you want to be on the list.

Speaking of DP, I wonder where the hell he is.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Thanks guys!!! :D
Say, judging from your trailer (and being quite a fan of Mona) I just have two questions. 1) Is this the same Mona from WarioWare you're talking about in the trailer? and 2) Is your trailer confirming Mona AND Savvy Stylist at the same time, or is she simply there for "good measure"? (I hope it's the first choice! I really want to see Mona in Smash, and aside from Ashley, due to her big fanbase and all, I feel that Mona is next in line to be the next Wario rep in Smash. Again, if Ashley doesn't get it first, due to her fanbase and all.)
I just added Mona cuz I felt Lucina was unfitting to the trailer. So I considered this as a Smash 5 trailer :p.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You mean people liked it or they hated it?
More like they fall in the category of the "Sakurai shouldn't have more casual **** in Smash!" type of fans. So it's highly likely that they hated the idea. :p

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Thanks guys!!! :D

I just added Mona cuz I felt Lucina was unfitting to the trailer. So I considered this as a Smash 5 trailer :p.
Aww...So she wouldn't have been confirmed?:crying:

More like they fall in the category of the "Sakurai shouldn't have more casual **** in Smash!" type of fans. So it's highly likely that they hated the idea. :p
Yikes....Still can't believe people think like that....

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Blue I blame you for not telling me about this Thread :p Anyway I REALLY Want Savvy Stylist to be in the Next Smash or if we're lucky DLC This Smash though I find it unlikely as for stages Cat Walk could be a Good one with The Other Stylists Walking down With Camera's Flashing which could stun the Opponent. I could Easily see some Great Music Pieces Coming from this Stage including some non Savvy Style Music like........ Some thing from Nintendo Presents New Style Boutique.

EDIT : I just Realized Savvy Style Trendsetters and Nintendo Presents: New Style Boutique are the same game......

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Actually, Lucina quite enjoys shopping.

Lucina: Mother, guess what? I found a wonderful dress in the town market.
Lucina: It was gorgeous! I thought it'd be just perfect for you, so I bought it. I was thinking you could try a different style for once.
Avatar: Why, Lucina! What a lovely surprise! Now let me get a look at this gorgeous... Er...dress? Oh dear. I've never seen so many...unusual colors and shapes in one piece of clothing.
Lucina: I know! It's very modern. See all the giant pink polka dots? If you look carefully, you'll see that each one is a portrait of Emmeryn herself! I wager when Father sees you in this, he'll just scream with delight!
Avatar: (I bet he'll scream, all right...)
Lucina: Pardon, Mother? I didn't catch that.
Avatar: I'm sorry, Lucina. It's just that... Well, this isn't exactly my...style. I'm very grateful for the thought, but...I don't think I can wear it.
Lucina: Oh? I was sure you would like it... Well, perhaps next time I go to market, you could come and pick something yourself. I know it seems frivolous in times like these. But in the blighted future I come from, I often fantasized of such simple pleasures.
Avatar: Why, Lucina. What a considerate daughter you've grown up to be. I'd be delighted to go with you. ...Delighted and honored.
Lucina: Wonderful! And when we go, I'll wear the new dress!
Lucina: Pardon, Mother?
Her taste in clothing is a bit...odd...however.
  • Lucina: Everyone in this town is so stylish. I wager we'll find the perfect dress here.
  • Avatar: Er, yes. Just so long as it's not TOO stylish. Frankly, dear, you have much more...flamboyant taste in clothes than I do.
  • Lucina: I favor the tasteful and understated. For example, what about this one?
  • Avatar: G-gracious! I don't think I've ever seen such a...shimmery magenta.
  • Lucina: Hmm. I suppose it IS a little bright. Well, what about this one?
  • Avatar: Oh, my... That's very lacy. ...In fact, it's nothing BUT lace. Lucina, I can see right through it!
  • Lucina: Oh, all right. Well...how about this one, then?
  • Avatar: Well, it's a nice color, I grant you. But I'm not sure about the whole octopus motif...
  • Lucina: Oh. I thought you liked octopi. ...This is not going well, is it? Why don't I come back another day and pick out something nice for you?
  • Avatar: Er, well, I'm not sure if that's a good idea, but...all right. Let's try it.
  • Lucina: Wonderful! Then I shall not rest until I find you the PERFECT dress. Something that you will truly, truly adore!
  • Avatar: Oh, yes, I'm sure you... Hmm? Oh, look at this...
  • Lucina: Which one? ...The baby garment?
  • Avatar: Oh, isn't it just adorable? Look at the tiny little bow, too! ...Well, enough shopping for one day. We should really be getting back to camp.
  • Lucina: ......
  • (Avatar leaves)
  • Lucina: ...Hmm...

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Actually, Lucina quite enjoys shopping.

Lucina: Mother, guess what? I found a wonderful dress in the town market.
Lucina: It was gorgeous! I thought it'd be just perfect for you, so I bought it. I was thinking you could try a different style for once.
Avatar: Why, Lucina! What a lovely surprise! Now let me get a look at this gorgeous... Er...dress? Oh dear. I've never seen so many...unusual colors and shapes in one piece of clothing.
Lucina: I know! It's very modern. See all the giant pink polka dots? If you look carefully, you'll see that each one is a portrait of Emmeryn herself! I wager when Father sees you in this, he'll just scream with delight!
Avatar: (I bet he'll scream, all right...)
Lucina: Pardon, Mother? I didn't catch that.
Avatar: I'm sorry, Lucina. It's just that... Well, this isn't exactly my...style. I'm very grateful for the thought, but...I don't think I can wear it.
Lucina: Oh? I was sure you would like it... Well, perhaps next time I go to market, you could come and pick something yourself. I know it seems frivolous in times like these. But in the blighted future I come from, I often fantasized of such simple pleasures.
Avatar: Why, Lucina. What a considerate daughter you've grown up to be. I'd be delighted to go with you. ...Delighted and honored.
Lucina: Wonderful! And when we go, I'll wear the new dress!
Lucina: Pardon, Mother?
Her taste in clothing is a bit...odd...however.
  • Lucina: Everyone in this town is so stylish. I wager we'll find the perfect dress here.
  • Avatar: Er, yes. Just so long as it's not TOO stylish. Frankly, dear, you have much more...flamboyant taste in clothes than I do.
  • Lucina: I favor the tasteful and understated. For example, what about this one?
  • Avatar: G-gracious! I don't think I've ever seen such a...shimmery magenta.
  • Lucina: Hmm. I suppose it IS a little bright. Well, what about this one?
  • Avatar: Oh, my... That's very lacy. ...In fact, it's nothing BUT lace. Lucina, I can see right through it!
  • Lucina: Oh, all right. Well...how about this one, then?
  • Avatar: Well, it's a nice color, I grant you. But I'm not sure about the whole octopus motif...
  • Lucina: Oh. I thought you liked octopi. ...This is not going well, is it? Why don't I come back another day and pick out something nice for you?
  • Avatar: Er, well, I'm not sure if that's a good idea, but...all right. Let's try it.
  • Lucina: Wonderful! Then I shall not rest until I find you the PERFECT dress. Something that you will truly, truly adore!
  • Avatar: Oh, yes, I'm sure you... Hmm? Oh, look at this...
  • Lucina: Which one? ...The baby garment?
  • Avatar: Oh, isn't it just adorable? Look at the tiny little bow, too! ...Well, enough shopping for one day. We should really be getting back to camp.
  • Lucina: ......
  • (Avatar leaves)
  • Lucina: ...Hmm...
Then that settles it, Lucina x Savvy Stylist will be my new OTP. Just hearing about her sense of style and how innocent she is makes me think about how much these two have in common. <3

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Because obviously, one of the best imported song in Smash HAVE to be from Style Savvy!

Warning: this is EXTREMELY catchy. Listen with caution.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I'm completely behind this, I like the general idea, as well as the fact its a obscure modern game series. So sign me up.

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
holey shet plz nu

not every game on Nintendo consoles need to be in the game

Sorry. I know this has support, but come on. I think you just saw a game exclusive to 3DS and took the chance to make the thread.

And honestly, even though it sold a lot, it's just a girl who owns a fashion store. I guess it would appeal to some people, but it's weird in Smash bros. I guess the same argument could be used for Wii Fit Trainer.

But anyways, it's not classic. It's just weird to me. I would not like this character included. Sorry.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
holey shet plz nu

Sorry. I know this has support, but come on. I think you just saw a game exclusive to 3DS and took the chance to make the thread.

And honestly, even though it sold a lot, it's just a girl who owns a fashion store. I guess it would appeal to some people, but it's weird in Smash bros. I guess the same argument could be used for Wii Fit Trainer.

But anyways, it's not classic. It's just weird to me. I would not like this character included. Sorry.
It was on the DS first.

:awesome:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Because obviously, one of the best imported song in Smash HAVE to be from Style Savvy!

Wow! This song really is catchy! First, the Style Savvy Medley song, and now this? They're both so great to hear! Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that I'm just barely/moderately aware of Style Savvy, I would have thought this song was something from something like, say, Wave Race. Don't get me wrong though, I love Wave Race, (and to an extent, its snowboarding counterpart, 1080°) I'm simply saying it sounds like something you would find in a game like Wave Race. (And maybe 1080°, if this song had a bit more "heavy metal" to it.)

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The more casual **** in Smash, the better.
With Sakurai possibly leaving Smash for good, I'd say the chances of her getting into a Smash had been slightly dissipated since the new director might only pay attention to relevant characters and avoid ones that can't fight (Which means that guys like Duck Hunt and Miss Fit should be the ones that we have to worry about when it comes to cuts).

If Sakurai actually stays to supervise Smash 5 with the new director or if we managed to have a 3rd Style Savvy game (The latter being pretty likely), then the Savvy Stylist might not be ignored at all. I think the game being mildly popular and selling more than million copies should at least convince the new guy that she would be a good "shock character" to reveal in the next generation of Smash.

Ironically, this is my favorite song to fight to on Wuhu Island due to how festibve it is. An all girls fight was one of the many themes I've done to coincide with this song recently (Peach vs. Rosalina vs. Wendy O' Koopa vs. Miss Fit vs. Fem!Robin vs. Zamus vs. Fem!Villager, vs. Lucina).

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
holey shet plz nu

I can understand style savvy not being 'classic' but I still find it odd how little credit Wii Fit (And the other Wii-series games) for changing the gaming industry. They built the casual market so of course it's going to get some representation in Smash Bros. It really is a shame so many people want that side of Nintendo hidden.

Anyways the game series is owned by Nintendo and has music in Smash Bros so it isn't just some random platform-exclusive title. I do think it is too early to consider a Style Savvy character/stage/assist making it in to smash, but its been a consistently growing series so I wouldn't be too surprised if it did end up happening down the line in some form. I get where you are coming from as this is a much more lighthearted thread than most, but at the same time not everything has to be Classic- Those classics used to be new games at one point. Anyways, don't worry too much about this character- it's definitely too strange to be considered anytime soon.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I can understand style savvy not being 'classic' but I still find it odd how little credit Wii Fit (And the other Wii-series games) for changing the gaming industry. They built the casual market so of course it's going to get some representation in Smash Bros. It really is a shame so many people want that side of Nintendo hidden.

Anyways the game series is owned by Nintendo and has music in Smash Bros so it isn't just some random platform-exclusive title. I do think it is too early to consider a Style Savvy character/stage/assist making it in to smash, but its been a consistently growing series so I wouldn't be too surprised if it did end up happening down the line in some form. I get where you are coming from as this is a much more lighthearted thread than most, but at the same time not everything has to be Classic- Those classics used to be new games at one point. Anyways, don't worry too much about this character- it's definitely too strange to be considered anytime soon.
This, just ****ing this! The day when Wii Fit Trainer was reveled was when the fans cried fowl because of how unwanted she was. Yet they failed to realized that Wii Fit and any other Wii series games helped push the sales of the Wii U to begin with. The fanbase need to realize that there's more to Nintendo than just your average platformer and RPG video game; and I'd argue that Style Savvy was revolutionary for being Nintendo's first fashion title to a attract a large female following. It was quite a risky move for Nintendo to focus on one side of the Nintendo fandom (girls), though it turned out to be very successful to the amount of customizable depth it had (Not to mention it does have that "Nintendo charm" to it. My mom was happy with Wii Fit Trainer's inclusion, though I'd like my sister to be happy if she can play as her own Stylist in a future Smash title.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I guess then it makes sense.
Ehh I can still see not wanting her (Some of these threads have some really obscure characters), but there's always the 50+ other roster characters to play as. Smash is truly remarkable.

This, just ****ing this! The day when Wii Fit Trainer was reveled was when the fans cried fowl because of how unwanted she was. Yet they failed to realized that Wii Fit and any other Wii series games helped push the sales of the Wii U to begin with. The fanbase need to realize that there's more to Nintendo than just your average platformer and RPG video game; and I'd argue that Style Savvy was revolutionary for being Nintendo's first fashion title to a attract a large female following. It was quite a risky move for Nintendo to focus on one side of the Nintendo fandom (girls), though it turned out to be very successful to the amount of customizable depth it had (Not to mention it does have that "Nintendo charm" to it. My mom was happy with Wii Fit Trainer's inclusion, though I'd like my sister to be happy if she can play as her own Stylist in a future Smash title.
I think the balance in smash is pretty good between oddball characters VS. "all-star" characters. I wouldn't put style savvy in the super revolutionary zone, but it did show that games marketed to a female audience can sell.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I was listening to the Smash Bros. song on Youtube, and I saw that someone linked this thread in the comment section lol. It never gets old seeing remarks like "Who's that?" or "What's Style Savvy?" because someone usually provides a response. And that piques peoples curiosity. And suddenly they're on board. And whether it's because they find the idea hilarious and/or legitimately unique and necessary, they are now interested in an awesome yet underrated character (and franchise). Which is great. Seriously. The more support, the better! I'm just... so glad Style Savvy has music in Smash Bros. That action in and of itself is introducing the series to a broader demographic on scale I initially didn't grasp until now.

Anyway, I can imagine Savvy Stylist being playable some day. If/when that happens, the replies in this thread (or some other Smash 5 related topic) will skyrocket. And it will be glorious. Mark my words!

Last edited:
Top Bottom