• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Savvy Stylist - Sets the Trend, Style Savvy 3 coming to Europe

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
After watching some Girl Mode 3 Let's Plays, I though what if instead of the Stylist, you played as the Model or Doll, with the Stylist being off screen like the Duck Hunt's Zapper-User?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
After watching some Girl Mode 3 Let's Plays, I though what if instead of the Stylist, you played as the Model or Doll, with the Stylist being off screen like the Duck Hunt's Zapper-User?
Seems fair enough to me, I can see Sakurai wanting to get more creative with the character like how Duck Hunt worked. It would also make the explanation for the character magically changing clothes mid-battle less weird.

How can we all forget the most important part of the game? Dressing up your model and prepping them for the fashion show (or in this case, the battlefield). :awesome:

Last edited:

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Seems fair enough to me, I can see Sakurai wanting to get more creative with the character like how Duck Hunt worked. It would also make the explanation for the character magically changing clothes mid-battle less weird.

How can well all forget the most important part of the game? Dressing up your model and prepping them for the fashion show (or in this case, the battlefield). :awesome:
I think Nono, the girl from the Girl Mode 3 trailer and your in-game assistant, would be a good candidate. She has an iconic look and is from the current game. We could call the pair (model and stylist) Style Savvy or Trendsetters or just have it be Nono and Stylist.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I think Nono, the girl from the Girl Mode 3 trailer and your in-game assistant, would be a good candidate. She has an iconic look and is from the current game. We could call the pair (model and stylist) Style Savvy or Trendsetters or just have it be Nono and Stylist.
Oh, she's called Nono? Not Nicky?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
She's adorable. It would be pretty sweet to see her as one of the alts or the dafault design. c:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
She's adorable. It would be pretty sweet to see her as one of the alts or the dafault design. c:
Same here, but we all know what happened with the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer's designs in Smash. Unless her being a DLC fighter means that Sakurai won't be lazy and stick to the most current design of the Style Savvy Duo for Smash instead of going for the older ones.

Last edited:

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
you know what... i support.

the very idea of this being a thing makes me laugh, and i love it. and if it actually happened i would probably attempt to main her (or is it them now? just saw the doll and stylist suggestion.)

personally i haven't bothered with the games seeing as I'm not it's target demographic. (I'm a guy. :p) but the idea of a "outfit based" fighting style intrigues me.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
you know what... i support.

the very idea of this being a thing makes me laugh, and i love it. and if it actually happened i would probably attempt to main her (or is it them now? just saw the doll and stylist suggestion.)

personally i haven't bothered with the games seeing as I'm not it's target demographic. (I'm a guy. :p) but the idea of a "outfit based" fighting style intrigues me.
Go try the demos that are on the 3DS's Eshop, you might like them. The Fashion Contest Demo is very interesting, as you stretch your creative muscles and design eye to strategize an outfit for a fashion show. I liked it enough to go and order a copy online. >w>

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so I finally bought Trendsetters and it's very addictive. >w>
Anyway, I think IF we stick with the Outfit Changing mechanic, the outfits should be Basic, Girly or Feminine, Princess, and Bold. Most of the games clothing fall into one of those styles (there are way more styles but they all kind of overlap in places).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Okay, so I finally bought Trendsetters and it's very addictive. >w>
Anyway, I think IF we stick with the Outfit Changing mechanic, the outfits should be Basic, Girly or Feminine, Princess, and Bold. Most of the games clothing fall into one of those styles (there are way more styles but they all kind of overlap in places).
No love for edgy clothing? It would be so cool to dress like something that you would wear when you're fighting punks like Bowser and Ganondorf. :(

But those styles don't seem to bad if we stick with the original clothes changing gimmick. Princess would work well for being a more aerial fighter like Peach while Basic would be the obvious default balanced style that the Trendsetter should have from the start.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
No love for edgy clothing? It would be so cool to dress like something that you would wear when you're fighting punks like Bowser and Ganondorf. :(

But those styles don't seem to bad if we stick with the original clothes changing gimmick. Princess would work well for being a more aerial fighter like Peach while Basic would be the obvious default balanced style that the Trendsetter should have from the start.
From what I've seen, a lot of the Edgy clothing doubles as Bold clothing.
I actually thought of Princess being specials-based but improving aerial combat might be better.

Here is an idea I have for a moveset:
Special Mechanics
Happiness Meter

As the Stylist/Model attacks, uses specials, KOs enemies, and taunts, she will gain Happiness in a meter above her damage percentage. Happiness boosts the Stylist/Model's attack strength and is used in some of her specials. Additionally, for the next 5 seconds after the player changes their clothing, they will gain additional happiness for their actions. Happiness resets when the player is KOed.

Starting in a specific outfit
The Stylist/Model's alt. costumes will each start off with a different outfit. The first and fifth costume start out as Basic, the second and sixth as Girly or Feminine, the third and seventh as Princess, and the fourth and eighth as Bold.

Specials
Neutral
Just My Taste: The Stylist/Model will strike a pose. The effect varies based on what outfit the player currently has on.
Basic: The Stylist/Model will spin any enemy that is around her and reflect projectiles. At the cost of happiness, the player can hit the button repetitively.
Girly or Feminine: Sends music notes forward that damage any enemy they hit. Can be held for increased damage at the cost of Happiness.
Princess: Roses spring up around the Stylist/Model, launching enemies and items upward into the air. The player can hit the button a second time at just the right moment to do additional damage to enemies in the air (this second hit will cost happiness).
Bold: Damages all enemies around her with a blast of boldness. Can be held for increased ranged at the cost of Happiness.

Side
Catwalk: The Stylist/Model will strut forward, gaining super armor and damage enemies that are in her way. Can be used up to 3 times, with the first being cost free and the second and third costing Happiness.

Up
Moon-Rise: The Stylist/Model will spin and strike a pose, then be lifted into the air in a torrent of sparkles. The player can hold the button to continue floating at the cost of Happiness. The first 3 seconds of floating are cost free.

Down
My Closet: The Stylist/Model does a spin and magically changes their clothing. What clothing they are wearing will effect various aspects of her performance. Any Happiness the Player had before changing will be converted to heat a small amount of Damage. The order the Clothing switches is Basic > Girly or Feminine > Princess > Bold > Basic.
Basic: Increases movement, attack, and smash speed.
Girly or Feminine: Gives the player's smash attacks more range. Moon-Rise will send the player higher.
Princess: Makes the player lighter and strengthens aerial attacks. Catwalk will go farther in the air.
Bold: Makes the player heavier and strengthens ground attacks. Catwalk will go farther on the ground.

Final Smash
Photoshoot: A burst of flash-photography appear around the Stylist/Model as she strikes a pose. Then all enemies on the stage are stuck preforming taunts (even when in the air) for 10 seconds.

Ground Attacks

Jab: The Stylist/Model will do up to five poses with broad arm movements. The hands have sweet spots.
Forward Tilt: The Stylist/Model takes a picture with her phone. There will be a sparkle in front of the Stylist/Model that will act as a sweet spot.
Forward Smash: The Stylist/Model will swing with her purse forward and its contents spill out. The purse does more damage.
Up Tilt: The Stylist/Model will jump into the air and stretch her arm up, damaging any enemy she hits. Enemies are launched higher when hit by her arm.
Up Smash: The Stylist/Model will cheer and pump her fist in the air three times. The first hit does the most damage and the third launches them up higher.
Down Tilt: The Stylist/Model will lay on the ground and do a post, damaging enemies on both sides of her. The closer to her head, the more damage is done.
Down Smash: The Stylist/Model will slam to the ground, with a coach appearing below her, damaging enemies on both sides of her and sending them backwards.
Dash Attack: The Stylist/Model will skip forward, damaging enemies hit by her legs up to three times.

Aerial Attacks
Neutral: The Stylist/Model will do a pirouette in the air, kicking any enemy that comes in contact. The closer to her outstretched foot, the more damage done.
Forward: The Stylist/Model spills a cup of tea in front of her, sending out a wave of tea. The cup acts as an additional projectile.
Backward: The Stylist/Model will swipe first with a comb and then with a pair of scissors. The comb has no knockback and the scissors do more damage.
Upward: The Stylist/Model cheers and stretches both of her arms upward. The closer to her hands, the more damage done.
Downward: The Stylist/Model accidentally drops one of her contest trophies downward, acting as a meter smash. Can't be used if a trophy is already out.

Grabs
Forward: The Stylist/Model will throw them upward and hit them with a rainbow. Any enemy that comes in contact with the rainbow will be damaged.
Backward: The Stylist/Model will throw them behind them then swing their purse at them.
Upward: The Stylist/Model will bear hug the enemy and jump up and down three times, damaging the enemy each time.
Downward: The Stylist/Model will throw the enemy downward and strut on them.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I actually thought of Princess being specials-based but improving aerial combat might be better.

Special Mechanics
Happiness Meter

As the Stylist/Model attacks, uses specials, KOs enemies, and taunts, she will gain Happiness in a meter above her damage percentage. Happiness boosts the Stylist/Model's attack strength and is used in some of her specials. Additionally, for the next 5 seconds after the player changes their clothing, they will gain additional happiness for their actions. Happiness resets when the player is KOed.

The Stylist/Model's alt. costumes will each start off with a different outfit. The first and fifth costume start out as Basic, the second and sixth as Girly or Feminine, the third and seventh as Princess, and the fourth and eighth as Bold.

Specials
Neutral
Just My Taste: The Stylist/Model will strike a pose. The effect varies based on what outfit the player currently has on.
Basic: The Stylist/Model will spin any enemy that is around her and reflect projectiles. At the cost of happiness, the player can hit the button repetitively.
Girly or Feminine: Sends music notes forward that damage any enemy they hit. Can be held for increased damage at the cost of Happiness.
Princess: Roses spring up around the Stylist/Model, launching enemies and items upward into the air. The player can hit the button a second time at just the right moment to do additional damage to enemies in the air (this second hit will cost happiness).
Bold: Damages all enemies around her with a blast of boldness. Can be held for increased ranged at the cost of Happiness.

Side
Catwalk: The Stylist/Model will strut forward, gaining super armor and damage enemies that are in her way. Can be used up to 3 times, with the first being cost free and the second and third costing Happiness.

Up
Moon-Rise: The Stylist/Model will spin and strike a pose, then be lifted into the air in a torrent of sparkles. The player can hold the button to continue floating at the cost of Happiness. The first 3 seconds of floating are cost free.

Down
My Closet: The Stylist/Model does a spin and magically changes their clothing. What clothing they are wearing will effect various aspects of her performance. Any Happiness the Player had before changing will be converted to heat a small amount of Damage. The order the Clothing switches is Basic > Girly or Feminine > Princess > Bold > Basic.
Girly or Feminine: Gives the player's smash attacks more range. Moon-Rise will send the player higher.
Princess: Makes the player lighter and strengthens aerial attacks. Catwalk will go farther in the air.
Bold: Makes the player heavier and strengthens ground attacks. Catwalk will go farther on the ground.

Final Smash
Photoshoot: A burst of flash-photography appear around the Stylist/Model as she strikes a pose. Then all enemies on the stage are stuck preforming taunts (even when in the air) for 10 seconds.
Ground Attacks
Jab: The Stylist/Model will do up to five poses with broad arm movements. The hands have sweet spots.
Forward Tilt: The Stylist/Model takes a picture with her phone. There will be a sparkle in front of the Stylist/Model that will act as a sweet spot.
Forward Smash: The Stylist/Model will swing with her purse forward and its contents spill out. The purse does more damage.
Up Tilt: The Stylist/Model will jump into the air and stretch her arm up, damaging any enemy she hits. Enemies are launched higher when hit by her arm.
Up Smash: The Stylist/Model will cheer and pump her fist in the air three times. The first hit does the most damage and the third launches them up higher.
Down Tilt: The Stylist/Model will lay on the ground and do a post, damaging enemies on both sides of her. The closer to her head, the more damage is done.
Down Smash: The Stylist/Model will slam to the ground, with a coach appearing below her, damaging enemies on both sides of her and sending them backwards.
Dash Attack: The Stylist/Model will skip forward, damaging enemies hit by her legs up to three times.

Aerial Attacks
Neutral: The Stylist/Model will do a pirouette in the air, kicking any enemy that comes in contact. The closer to her outstretched foot, the more damage done.
Forward: The Stylist/Model spills a cup of tea in front of her, sending out a wave of tea. The cup acts as an additional projectile.
Backward: The Stylist/Model will swipe first with a comb and then with a pair of scissors. The comb has no knockback and the scissors do more damage.
Upward: The Stylist/Model cheers and stretches both of her arms upward. The closer to her hands, the more damage done.
Downward: The Stylist/Model accidentally drops one of her contest trophies downward, acting as a meter smash. Can't be used if a trophy is already out.

Grabs
Forward: The Stylist/Model will throw them upward and hit them with a rainbow. Any enemy that comes in contact with the rainbow will be damaged.
Backward: The Stylist/Model will throw them behind them then swing their purse at them.
Upward: The Stylist/Model will bear hug the enemy and jump up and down three times, damaging the enemy each time.
Cutest moveset in history and you've managed to give her an exellent playstyle with the happiness meter idea since it's an integral part of the game. That Catwalk special though, I can tell that many Style Savvy mains would have a field day with that move.

The best part: Her aerials seem like perfect anti-air and edge guarding material since they are "accidental" things like Villager, but more visually quirky. Now more people would be on board with the character if they were to look at this. :)

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Special Mechanics
Happiness Meter

Specials
Neutral

Side

Up

Down

Final Smash
Ground Attacks

Aerial Attacks

Grabs
Wow...Most fabulous moveset I've ever seen for Savvy Stylist! It really does seem cute!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just to let you fashionable Smashers know, I'm planning on making a Vote for Trendsetter image soon since it's summer and we are months away from losing this ballot race. We've got to gain more supporters somehow and what's the best way possible than to show Tumblr what this sweet girl is capable of. :awesome:

In the meantime, anyone can feel free to give me ideas on what quotes to use for her or even a hashtag akin to the K. Rool fan's "#KroctheVote". Images would most likely have to involve trendsetters since the the third game isn;t really out yet and not many people (even the fans themselves) would really recognize her if I've used any art from that game. This will be my next project for Tuesday since I'm planning on doing things like these once every 4 days to give me some time for more high quality material.
If you want a visual example of what I can do, look no further than this.

Note: I've used a generic background for Takamaru since there weren't many good background options that required having to reedit any "unwanted onlookers" from scratch.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sorry for the double post, but I am finally finished with the new support image. Now that I look back at it, the image doesn't look half bad with the fabulous text or Trendsetter design. You do not want to know how troublesome having to use the Magic Wand tool on her detailed dress was. Kudos for me being clever with the word "Smashion" instead of "fashion" since it had a nice ring to it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oooooh is that the newest trophy art, looks amazing. :O
Indeed, I knew I've made the right choice for choosing his recent rendition of the Trendsetter since that dress is amazing. Goes to show why Gonzares is one of my few favorite Pixiv artists.

Definitely going to show this off to the fans on Tumblr since they would be overjoyed with "the sass". :awesome:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If it's alright, I made a Support Banner too. >w>()
Really? Can we take a peek at it? I hope it's something full of sparkles and fabulousness.

Edit: Nevermind, I can see it on my phone. Looks fantastic!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I posted it on tumblr with reasons as to why people should consider voting for a Style Savvy/Girls Mode/ Style Boutique character:
http://preedreve.tumblr.com/post/119741258632/click-here-to-vote-why-you-should-consider-voting

Good, let's hypnotize the masses with the best idea in Smash history.

Still a fantastic post for those who are skeptical or didn't pay any attention to the "importance" of the games. If only more people were more on board with the idea instead going "Smash shouldn't have more casual bull**** since Miis and WFT were bad enough". :troll:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Of course Style Savvy is srs business. You need to be on top of the latest fashion in order to make your customers happy, otherwise you will go out of business and be thrown into the streets. Sounds pretty srs to me. :troll:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Sorry for the double post, but I am finally finished with the new support image. Now that I look back at it, the image doesn't look half bad with the fabulous text or Trendsetter design. You do not want to know how troublesome having to use the Magic Wand tool on her detailed dress was. Kudos for me being clever with the word "Smashion" instead of "fashion" since it had a nice ring to it.

Really cute! Is it me, or does she look a bit younger? It mean it makes her looks all the more adorable, believe you me, but I just hope someone can confirm that. Also, where is the link to the artist who did this? I know who you're talking about, I just can't find the site to his account.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Really cute! Is it me, or does she look a bit younger? It mean it makes her looks all the more adorable, believe you me, but I just hope someone can confirm that. Also, where is the link to the artist who did this? I know who you're talking about, I just can't find the site to his account.
His Pixiv account is right her and you can see his many other colorful works here.

http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=182307

Even after the release of Smash, he's still working on new material due to the possibility of DLC in the future. Not like anyone wants him to stop since we can't get enough of his fantastic work.

In other news, Girls Mode 3 is considered one of the more widely accessible titles in the franchise since it feels that it can appeal to younger girls as opposed to their usual target audience. The source can be seen here if you want to believe it.

http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/147600/girls-mode-3-is-welcoming-to-players-of-all-ages/

smashkirby

Smash Hero
His Pixiv account is right her and you can see his many other colorful works here.

http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=182307

Even after the release of Smash, he's still working on new material due to the possibility of DLC in the future. Not like anyone wants him to stop since we can't get enough of his fantastic work.

In other news, Girls Mode 3 is considered one of the more widely accessible titles in the franchise since it feels that it can appeal to younger girls as opposed to their usual target audience. The source can be seen here if you want to believe it.

http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/147600/girls-mode-3-is-welcoming-to-players-of-all-ages/
Oh yeah! I know about him! I always wondered if there was some way I could ask him to do Lark from Pilot Wings and a couple of NES classic characters.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh yeah! I know about him! I always wondered if there was some way I could ask him to do Lark from Pilot Wings and a couple of NES classic characters.
He also had a Twitter account if you really want to request him to work on something. It would be much easier that way instead of having to create a Pixiv account since most speakers there are predominantly Japanese. If you are planning on tweeting him or PM-ing him on Pixiv, then I suggest using a GOOD translator since I doubt he understands English.

https://twitter.com/gonzarez1938

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Is the yellow dress official art from the 3rd game in the series?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The art I used on my banner is, the one from @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan 's is fan art.
Eeeeeyup, what you used is official as opposed to what I did. They both still look rather nice either way, especially if we compare it to the official art/desigsn from the previous two games. Sorry, but we all know that most female newcomers got to have that desired long hair in order to be a viable fighter (Making Wendy O' Koopa and Jiggs the only exceptions). :awesome:

Last edited:

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Eeeeeyup, what you used is official as opposed to what I did. They both still look rather nice either way, especially if we compare it to the official art/desigsn from the previous two games. Sorry, but we all know that most female newcomers got to have that desired long hair in order to be a viable fighter (Making Wendy O' Koopa and Jiggs the only exceptions). :awesome:
There was another picture I was going to use but decided on the official art instead.

It's from a Japanese website that makes Smash Bros. art for characters (kind of like Smashify).
http://ikusaba.client.jp/character/index.htm

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
There was another picture I was going to use but decided on the official art instead.

It's from a Japanese website that makes Smash Bros. art for characters (kind of like Smashify).
That is Gonzales's fan website since he sort of knows that he might as well be one of Sakurai's secret character artists. He was rather excellent since the Brawl days and predicted certain characters before they were even revealed (Especially the likes of Wii Fit Trainer and Villager). :laugh:

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
That is Gonzales's fan website since he sort of knows that he might as well be one of Sakurai's secret character artists. He was rather excellent since the Brawl days and predicted certain characters before they were even revealed (Especially the likes of Wii Fit Trainer and Villager). :laugh:
Well, looking at his list, he's listed almost every Nintendo character under the sun. >w>

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

This is really interesting. Although there is a lot of characters (and some of them are just "fillers": Mario, Zelda characters for example), seeing the japanese point of view is fascinating.

Only they can put not one, not two, but FOUR Zangeki no Reginleiv characters!

Top Bottom