• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Cruz/UCSC/831 Smash: The Chillest Villains

joeplicate

Smash Master
oh sjit!!

its on biznitches
and i just realized that since tomorrow is strike day there's basically no class
so come WHENEVER MILES/KURTIS :colorful:

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
no tourney -_-

i dont think anybody else'd be willing to put down money just to play people theyre already getting a chance to play

joeplicate

Smash Master
i think a tourney would be tight

also, miles/kurtis!
i'm gonna go to brandon's dorms tonight, so i'll probably be able to meet up with you guys in san jose tomorrow and then ride back to santa cruz

just call my CELL PHONE

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman
i think a tourney would be tight

also, miles/kurtis!
i'm gonna go to brandon's dorms tonight, so i'll probably be able to meet up with you guys in san jose tomorrow and then ride back to santa cruz

just call my CELL PHONE

haha well we can do a tourney with no money just for bragging rights.

hmmm my girl wants to see me in the evening soo I might leave earlier than expected. But ima try to meet up with u Joe in downtown.. this gonna b fun ^^

Crowing

Smash Cadet
So what is going on today? Is the library even open. I got an email from my racquetball "coach" which indicated that "the campus has advised that all offices and programs be shut down today". Opers is closed, so the library might be as well.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
i strongly suggest my apartment + apartment community lounge

2 tv's + 1 giant laggy one, and mb sheridan could bring one? 3 tv's sounds good to me

i believe the strike ends at 5, so cars should be able to get up by then....

anyway, imma check if the librarys open

anyone have any ideas? suggestions?

Arashikage

Smash Rookie
Yo yo, (it's Dan) did we confirm a location? I can bring a Cube and disk/memory card if we need more. Also if anyone needs a ride, I'm in Santa Cruz (west side) I can shuttle 3 ppl.

Pwrfulfish

Smash Rookie
YO YO YO

all yalls. We AH playin in the CROWN MERRILL APARTMENTS COMMUNITY LOUNGE

COME AS EARLY AS 4PM

if you need more info, call joe, his number is on the first post or truman : 626 246 4401

(i take pictures of little children)

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I'm probably not going to make it. I have to write this presentation on my research to present to the collaboration next week and I'm probably not gonna be able to do much this weekend so I gotta get started now.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
hey this is joe

me and miles are on the bus right now, i'm posting from his laptop
miles has a melee copy and a memory card, and i can get my TV plus gamecube and haul it up the hill maybe

so apparently the library is mad closed right now cause of the strike
we're gonna be playing at the Crown/Merrill apartments community lounge! it's a really nice spacious room, truman's bringing 2 TVs and i'll bring a setup, plus there's a laggy big one there already (brawL???)!

anyways, it's up the hill by the fire station, if you know where that is. basically it's PAST the crown/merrill dining hall, the apartments are up in the hills there. you can take the road that goes up by the fire station and into upper campus, where there are all the trail heads. so going up from the bookstore, just make like you're going to college 9/10, but turn right and head upwards right after you pass the crown/merrill bus stop. that road will lead you all the way up and then you turn right to get into the apartments.

call me if you need any more directions

also, about getting on campus:
we can check if the people blocking the entrances have left (it's an exciting time, i know) and if that's the case then we'll just drive up normally.

if they're still there, then i know of a SECRET PASSAGE that we can use to access campus, so we'll park somewhere (maybe on high street) and then walk up a ways to bypass the strikers, or we can take the buses up as far as they'll go (i'm not sure how far yet) and then use aforementioned passage.

also we're gonna go EAT
so dan and anyone else who's coming from off campus (sheridan, i'm disappointed in you >=| ) feel free to meet us then we'll head up after that

SEE YOU SOON

Crowing

Smash Cadet
I will be showing up shortly I guess. I need to work on a final project my group real fast and turn it in then I will go there.

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman
Smashers are flakey.

Already 1 down, kurtis is not coming.

I'm not flakey. I talked to my boss to switch shifts so I can have today off. My gf told me earlier this week that she was busy and couldn't hang so I knew if I could get today off, I would be able to go. She told me last night that she wants to see me tonight if she can. Normally I would tell my gf I have made plans already but given that in the last 2 and a half months we had only spent about 10 hours together because she now has 3 jobs and 3 classes..

It would have been great to spend a whole day with you guys but she was free today so I felt obligated and did want to chill with her. I was still thinking about coming down there for at least 3 + hours especially since Joe posted about not having class and for Miles and I to come early. I was up to head out of downtown SJ shortly after noon and get back to my house around 10PM(when she's off work) but she texted me saying she was going to ask to leave work 3 hours early and thats when I knew it was either smash or her.

It also isn't about spending X amount of hours with my gf but being there for her. And I still plan on visiting Joe sooner than later..

Sorry I wrote a lot and rambled about my own personal **** but I'm not ****ing flakey if you get to know me a little better.

Arashikage

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the smash play, I had alot of fun again tonight, good times guys! -Lets try and set up a friendly tourney next week.

(So about pokemon)-Miles- I was wrong... About nine other pokemon learn Guard Swap, not just Umbreon.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
@kurtis - dont fret ^^, we aint hatin on you.

@vorpal - Sorry if you missed us last night. We did actually end up playing in the crownmerrill apartment community room, but the maintanence guy was giving us grief (I had the room unlocked and he locked it again and i had to negotiate with him to get it opened again) Next time you should give me (im truman) or Joe (replicate/JOEplicate) a call. Were pretty nice and'll go out of our way to get you playin. (btw have we met you?)

@ EVeryone else - really nice meeting you all. it was a pretty epic night. Thanks for coming miles. Lets Effin play next thursday w/o any library trouble. I finally got to play everyone that i missed the week before

Santa Cruz smash scene is LEGIT

joeplicate

Smash Master
yeah the library seems like a really central location

that **** is deluxe

last night was fun as hell
ended up going to bed at like 4 or 4:30 in the morning
the late night santa cruz diner was delicious
death by brownie, what's really good

see you all soon again! ;)
there's a 'high street' on campus?

ha ha ha
if this was a youtube comment i would give it a quick thumbs down

joeplicate

Smash Master
so apparently, sheridan (and whoever else wants to ride in his car) will not be leaving until tomorrow morning for the CGC tournament.

does anybody want to play tonight as well?
post here :)

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
This was really fun.

Three set ups for 6-7 people was really awesome.

Kevin Truman Eric other people whos names I am forgeting it was nice meeting all of you.

Dan pokemon shop talk was raaape.

Lets step it up next week and everyone try to bring 1 new person, we are for sure doing some sort of tourney action.

Lastly thank you Joe for the sightseeing and good food around town. And for your endless patience and advice/tutoring.

OH AND DINNER BREAKFAST WAS EPIC.

Death By Brownie.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Downtown at 10 AM is perfect, I will see you then. I don't remember if I told you but I'm going to Novato after, though I plan on staying at hub house on Sat night.

Top Bottom