• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Lol...oh wells.

By the way, anyone play smash 64 online?
A LOT of people do. On Kaillera or whatever. I tried setting it up, but it's too difficult, plus I don't wanna play on the keyboard. You have to have a rewired USB N64 controller to be able to play that way. Too much trouble for me, though I would love to. *patiently waits for brawl*

As I anticipate Brawl in my Wii, I also dread it and hope dev takes their time making the game good, because I fear my sudden interest and hard practice in Melee will all be wasted when Melee falls under the shadow of Brawl. I know that there are others that feel similarly. I've noticed some of the best players too, don't want to think about Brawl, because they don't want to lose their skill, place, and recognition in the current melee community. It's as if you could divide the entire community between two parties: New World Smashers, and Fundamentalists. I'm torn.

Amon Amarth

Smash Journeyman
A LOT of people do. On Kaillera or whatever. I tried setting it up, but it's too difficult, plus I don't wanna play on the keyboard. You have to have a rewired USB N64 controller to be able to play that way. Too much trouble for me, though I would love to. *patiently waits for brawl*
Not that hard to set up. You just download project64k, get the rom, and have a decent controller.

But yeah unless you have a good controller, not worth playing.

WayChuDat

Smash Apprentice
so i saw boogaloo mark or w/e the hell his name is at the san marcos theatre yesterday with his girl. why was he not smashing. wtf is wrong with him. smash bros before hoes.

.PNOY.

Smash Apprentice
so i saw boogaloo mark or w/e the hell his name is at the san marcos theatre yesterday with his girl. why was he not smashing. wtf is wrong with him. smash bros before hoes.
LMAO yea that's my brother. he was like, "Guess who i saw at the movies today, freakin WAYCHU!" i was all laughing and stuff. hoes>smash bros IMO.

Lit

Smash Ace
Hey everyone i am from rancho cucamonga/alta loma area/fontana area and i am coming down to San Diego this whole week. I was just wonderin if i could play anymore that lives down there or have a little smash fest or sumthin like that. The part of san diego i am going to is Encinitas/Carls Bad/and Oceanside. I have only been playin this game for a year and i want to raise my experince to the next level. So if u are intrested in having a couple of games pm me or just repsond on this thread.
Thanks!

SA3Tony

Smash Journeyman
Part of the bet with Chris was to post at least once a week, so this is one of my required posts. -_-

Summer School ends Wednesday........

Um yea....thats all.

Micheal

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone i am from rancho cucamonga/alta loma area/fontana area and i am coming down to San Diego this whole week. I was just wonderin if i could play anymore that lives down there or have a little smash fest or sumthin like that. The part of san diego i am going to is Encinitas/Carls Bad/and Oceanside. I have only been playin this game for a year and i want to raise my experince to the next level. So if u are intrested in having a couple of games pm me or just repsond on this thread.
Thanks!
Theres this guy who goes by the name of Boss that lives in that area. He's really talented I hear, he split with Foward's sheik. If you want to get to the next level, I recommend you play with him. Along with Deth & Maple. All highly advanced players live in that area so dont bother going any other areas in San Diego.. especially further south. No competition there really.

.PNOY.

Smash Apprentice
Theres this guy who goes by the name of Boss that lives in that area. He's really talented I hear, he split with Foward's sheik. If you want to get to the next level, I recommend you play with him. Along with Deth & Maple. All highly advanced players live in that area so dont bother going any other areas in San Diego.. especially further south. No competition there really.
EXCEPT San Marcos :grin: i especially hear they have THEE SEXIEST MARTH PLAYER EVER.

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
I heard there was this bad-****ing-*** guy who plays the most bad-****ing-*** character in the entire game. The character is Ganondorf.

The man is a Saint.

And there's this guy named Bone who really, really sucks bigtime.

What?

EDIT:
Don't forget Lep. Azn_Lep lives in Esco too.
LOL sorry, I had to add that this post made me laugh really, really hard.

Lit

Smash Ace
o ok i did here about bone, edress, saint patrick and boss before. I remebering them from everybody talking about how come they didnt get in the socal power rankings. But yeah it all sounds cool but the thing is more than likely im not going to have a computer down there so the only way i could reach u guys is on my phone. And by the way it is going i could play some people but i dont know where they live, what day we should smash and etc. So is there a way i could reach them so i can try to get somthin going this week. Bec if i dont smash wit u guys i am stuck wit the cpu and my 10 year old brother. And that is just a no way situtaion. But yeah i am leaving monday night so the best time for me to know wat is going on is for u guys to tell me if people wants smash this week with me. I am also trying to get ready for Super Champ Combo as well. But if there is one character i need help against it is a peach.

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
o ok i did here about bone, edress, saint patrick and boss before. I remebering them from everybody talking about how come they didnt get in the socal power rankings. But yeah it all sounds cool but the thing is more than likely im not going to have a computer down there so the only way i could reach u guys is on my phone. And by the way it is going i could play some people but i dont know where they live, what day we should smash and etc. So is there a way i could reach them so i can try to get somthin going this week. Bec if i dont smash wit u guys i am stuck wit the cpu and my 10 year old brother. And that is just a no way situtaion. But yeah i am leaving monday night so the best time for me to know wat is going on is for u guys to tell me if people wants smash this week with me. I am also trying to get ready for Super Champ Combo as well. But if there is one character i need help against it is a peach.
Well, you've come to the right place for Peach practice =D My Ganon is a peach slayer because of how many Peaches we have in SD. And they're amazing Peaches too. I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to smash this week, but if you need to reach me my number is 858-735-7995, and I'm sure more people will post their numbers in this thread. Tuesday might be a good day for me, but as I said, I'm not sure.

WayChuDat

Smash Apprentice
Well, you've come to the right place for Peach practice =D My Ganon is a peach slayer because of how many Peaches we have in SD. And they're amazing Peaches too. I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to smash this week, but if you need to reach me my number is 858-735-7995, and I'm sure more people will post their numbers in this thread. Tuesday might be a good day for me, but as I said, I'm not sure.

oh pat, i wish i were as modest as you.

Lit

Smash Ace
o ok thanks pat for the number. And waychudat i used to be kind of like u about being so secure about giving people my number and stuff. But i realized that everyone on the boards is here for one reason. And that is to smash and have a good time.

But anyways thanks, I just hope more people will post thier number so i can get as much work in as i can before super champ combo comes up.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
awww why is everyone laughing at me :sad: at any rate, just check up this thread once or twice a week and you're bound to see upcoming tournaments and smashfests

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
If you check this thread once or twice a week, you'll miss half the events. Many smashfests and tournaments are completely spontaneous and scheduled the same or next day on the first mention. People are always complaining that they saw too late. How often do I see, "smashfest at my place tonight" or something along those lines? Too often here. :p

WayChuDat

Smash Apprentice
o ok thanks pat for the number. And waychudat i used to be kind of like u about being so secure about giving people my number and stuff. But i realized that everyone on the boards is here for one reason. And that is to smash and have a good time.

But anyways thanks, I just hope more people will post thier number so i can get as much work in as i can before super champ combo comes up.

what? my post had nothing to do with him offering his number. i said he was modest...

Rickety

Peace and Love
If you check this thread once or twice a week, you'll miss half the events. Many smashfests and tournaments are completely spontaneous and scheduled the same or next day on the first mention. People are always complaining that they saw too late. How often do I see, "smashfest at my place tonight" or something along those lines? Too often here. :p

Heee <3 I have no idea what you're talking about :-P

---

Wayland is too good! :]

<3
rickety

Lit

Smash Ace
o ok my bad
i thought u were reffereing to his number being giving out
My bad

jwnz

Smash Cadet
hmm... 2 days of smash in San Bern for SCC... but san bern is like hour and a half drive away... not to mention possible traffic. but room and board eh?

tempting tempting...

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
heh there shouldn't even be any question about SCC, 1.5 hours is nothing for possibly the best tournament on the WC this year. Not to mention NorCal vs SoCal II.

jwnz

Smash Cadet
I've never been to SCC, not to mention that EVO was the first REAL tournament (if you don't count AX's **** tourney) i got a chance to go to (but not participate in).

Although NorCal vs. SoCal sounds pretty cool...

Can anyone tell me what SCC is like?

Micheal

Smash Apprentice
Drive down the 5 south Wayland.

Oh, by the way Headache.. theres supposed to be this really good Ganon player in San Diego, if not the best. His name is Giza, you should look him up and maybe ask to play with him. He's supposed to be one of the best if not the best Sonic the Fighter players in the world. Am I right guys? The videos are on youtube to prove it.

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
oh pat, i wish i were as modest as you.
Asshat, let me have my glory as a Peach slayer. It's all Ganon is good for. He sucks at everthing else.

Oh, by the way Headache.. theres supposed to be this really good Ganon player in San Diego, if not the best. His name is Giza, you should look him up and maybe ask to play with him. He's supposed to be one of the best if not the best Sonic the Fighter players in the world. Am I right guys? The videos are on youtube to prove it.
LAWL

LAAAAAWWWWWWL. I can't believe you forgot to mention that he's possibly one of the best smashers in the world. That makes me laugh so hard. How could you forget?

<3

WayChuDat

Smash Apprentice

just kidding. i know i am the lesser smasher so i will go to you. what time you free? or you can come up here and play with me rick and pat?

hmm... Wayland Chu?

you didn't happen to go to RB high did you?
yes i did. what kind of stalker are you. you probably know me cuz of tennis don't you.

Asshat, let me have my glory as a Peach slayer. It's all Ganon is good for. He sucks at everthing else.
ok whiner. and when the hell are we gonna play again. i need some serious trainin before i go back to kick berkeley *** since i know i'm no good down here.

Top Bottom