• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Apparently there was another patch this morning...?

just bugfixes apparantly

Last edited:

Nike.

Smash Hero
The total pot for Los Finals will be $1,218.

The figure I put up last week was inaccurate due to Nike having an NISD education.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
I was sluggish as was sloppy for Weekly 15. Anyways, thunderstorm power outages and hailstorm power outages aside, gotten to staring to upload 14 videos from LoS1 Weekly 15. 'Ey @ SnorlaxPie500 SnorlaxPie500 and @Jopan1026, may I get the updated LoS logo? I wanna try a different layout to the Youtube thumbnails. We definitely got a lot of Mario and Luigi play recorded. Itsa sign.

Nike.

Smash Hero
$1218 Total Pot

1st. 40% = 487
2nd. 20% = 244
3rd. 10% = 122
4th. 8% = 97
5th. 5.5% = 67
6th. 4.5% = 55
7th. 4% = 48
8th. 3.5% = 43
9th. 2.5% = 30
10th. 2% = 25

(cent's rounded)

• 70% of the overall pot goes towards top3
  • .5% difference between 9th and 10th
  • .5% difference between 7th and 8th
  • 1% difference 5th and 6th

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
@ Sinister Slush Sinister Slush would it be too much trouble for you to update the excel charts you had with the top 10s record against other top 10? I want to put stat cards before gameplay when I upload to YouTube.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The excel cards were made by Nike. I just made tables from smashboards, otherwise I never actually wrote down the stats I randomly did in a txt file or anything.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I dunno how windows 8 works still, no idea if it has windows excel.
There's a lot of **** windows 8 is weird with, it says it has skype for example but if I search it trying to open it up it's nowhere in my laptop lol

In terms of just making a simple table on here, it's hard to do cause 2nd post hasn't been updated in like 4 weeks.

Last edited:

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Bums. Well it doesn't have to be excel, I just figured it was.

I just want to upload simple stats on an image before the match like the persons record against opponent, their fav matchup, fav stage, least fav matchup. Stuff like that.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
I can't even go cause of my work schedule, we're going to have to tie balloons to Prime at this point :/

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Season 1 Los Finals Results

1: Megafox :4fox:
2: Espy :4sonic::4littlemac:
3: K Prime :4pikachu:
4: Slush :4yoshi:
5: SnorlaxPie500 :4diddy:
6: Paw :4zss:
7: Jopan :rosalina:
8: Incendiary :4mario:
9: Sylveon :4sheik:
10: Castro :4iggy:

Bracket URL: http://i.imgur.com/luKcbUo.png

Thanks to everyone who came out or watched!

I love the top 10 having 10 different characters. Shout outs to everyone I played for really good games. Especially to @ Leaf. Leaf. for the friendlies when you came to spectate. I had a lot of fun and major props to Otaku again for the amazing set up.

Nike.

Smash Hero
This post is going to have a lot of announcements.

1. There will be no Los Weekly this Thursday (April 30th). They will start up again the week after (May 7th) and will be the start of League of Shadows Season 2.

2. WINGS 4, SA's next monthly, will be on May 9th. I may have told players in the past couple weeks that it was on the 16th, but things changed recently. I will have the facebook event up very soon. This also means that Los 2-1 and WINGS4 are only 2 days apart, so keep that in mind.

3. Throughout this week, I will be polling the San Antonio scene on what changes they'd like to make on the current ruleset. These changes will be for every WINGS monthly and every Los weekly for season 2 (may-august). There's been a unanimous decision already for a few changes. The timer will go from 7 minutes to 8 minutes and that there will be 2 stage bans instead of 1. Expect daily posts from myself polling the scene on the ruleset, especially the stage list.

4. Austin is having a 2 Day Regional Event on May 30-31. I have not been to an Austin Smash4 tourney yet, but those that have attended one have given nothing but praise for their events. Some have even said that they are the best tournaments they've ever been to. The event is 2 stock, 6 minute timer, customs on. I think this is the perfect tourney for San Antonio to invade Austin and get 3-4 carpools. event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1572446876346999/

5. I am one of the Lead Volunteers for the gameroom at San Japan this year. For those currently unaware, San Japan in on july31-august 2nd and will be San Antonio's Regional Smash4 tournament each year (at least what I'm hosting). I am trying to make it a 2 day event because of the sheer amount of players that will enter and will let everyone know asap when/if it happens. Either way, every player in San Antonio will want to attend. I expect over 100+ entrants.

On another note, I apologize for the tourney running so long last night. It was my call to have every match streamed/recorded and that obviously added another 2 hours to the tourney.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Just as a heads up, ELO rankings won't be available until 2-2 this season because of the way Zac's system works. :applejack:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
So PR by LoS results or debate? Honorable Mentions? Either way, claim your Punch Out!! boxers if that's still the consensus.
:phone:

Top Bottom