• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

SanAntonioSmasher

Smash Apprentice
For the heromystic situation, I think you gotta look at what is the intent of the no top ten tournament. Is it to have a tournament that excludes the "best" ten players giving everyone a chance to win, or is it a tournament aimed at letting anyone play who isn't competing in the finals? To me it would be the first scenario.

Plus, he's a nice guy I say let him play. But easy for me to say I won't be there. I think let him play unless someone has an objection. And if you make the argument he shouldn't be able to compete because he is in the finals, then I would argue incendiary should be allowed into the weekly since he isn't playing in the finals.

Last edited:

Coolaid_Mix

Smash Cadet
NNID
Coolaid_Mix
3DS FC
5241-1940-9069
Ok so I feel like i am ready to go to these tournaments, but I don't know where they are. Sorry I am new to this and still confused. Also are there any notifications about events in San Antonio?

Last edited:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
For the heromystic situation, I think you gotta look at what is the intent of the no top ten tournament. Is it to have a tournament that excludes the "best" ten players giving everyone a chance to win, or is it a tournament aimed at letting anyone play who isn't competing in the finals? To me it would be the first scenario.

Plus, he's a nice guy I say let him play. But easy for me to say I won't be there. I think let him play unless someone has an objection. And if you make the argument he shouldn't be able to compete because he is in the finals, then I would argue incendiary should be allowed into the weekly since he isn't playing in the finals.
Because because runner ups have a chance to fill in when certain Top 10 players are unable to attend, it's the latter scenario. However now that does bring up a point, if a Top 10 is unable to make the Finals, but is that player able to attend the last weekly?

Ok so I feel like i am ready to go to these tournaments, but I don't know where they are. Sorry I am new to this and still confused. Also are there any notifications about events in San Antonio?
Read the first post in this thread. It provides a good idea who we are and where we operate. Our TO, Nike is in charge of our Thursday Weeklies and Saturday Monthlies and does make a post here and in the Facebook Group a day before each tourney. This one is at at Otaku Cafe (5525 Blanco Road.) There's also a Sunday Weekly hosted by another person in the Facebook Group at Ultra Arcade (5946 Blanco Rd) and he posts a reminder in the Facebook Group.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Think a more specific term should be "top 10 that qualify for finals"
Valdens is 12th but hasn't been to 7 weeklies so he can attend, but then that opens up Jband able to attend too despite being top 10 but doesn't qualify for the finals lol

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TGC, the largest tournament series in Tx, is having its 2nd event and it is only 7 days away! With Mewtwo being released and a Diddy nerfing patch available, this TGC will definitely be fresh and exciting!

The link for TGC online pre-reg can be found here: www.smashboards.com/threads/apr-25-2015-the-official-tgc-event-2-houston-tx-see-post-26-for-mewtwo-duckhunt-challenge.394551/ Make sure you buy 1vs1 pass and the venue. Online pre-registration ends in 6 days (24th) so If you haven't pre-registered online, now is the time. If you purchase your venue and 1vs1 pass online, you will be seeded into pools higher than those who have not. Offline/at the door registration is still available like normal and you will
Not be turned away.

As with all TGC events, I severely need full setups (WiiU/TV/SSB4) in order to finish this event in a timely matter. Discounts on your venue fee will be given as well as other incentives so please help speed the event up by bringing a full setup.

Finally, please read the rules on the front page of the TGC thread I posted above. Many things have changed and you will be expected to know the rules when you sit down to play.

If you have any questions/comments, please contact me on FB or Twitter (@ Xyro77 Xyro77 ) or by email at was7x@hotmail.com (title the email (TGC 2).

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Guys, if you are playing in the season finale... Please send me two or three strings you want in a hype video. I'm going to try to throw something together real quick for shenanigans. I want to get it done by Tuesday night,

Valdens

Smash Ace
Smash and free beer/liquor at my place at 7:30. 9411 Fall Pass Street, San Antonio TX, 78251.

I desperately need practice, so come help me level back up!

Rhd16

Smash Rookie
Is this weeks weekly on thursday a regular tournament or is it the season finals?

Rhd16

Smash Rookie
And anyone can enter the weekly correct? Even if they have never entered before?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Yes you can.
Currently going through most of my vids, have 4 so far that I like. Will be more so I'll just drop em in this post or another one later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whaMl_yxwi0#t=5m52s ends 6:00 Rosalina Jopan Spike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UXSpVJqPuI#t=18s ends 27 seconds Paw ZSS Spike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWqLu6ntK6o#t=11m40s ends 11:47 Espy Sanic DownB kill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcudIDx1Ink#t=7m19s ends 7:26 KJ Marth Double Egg Kill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UWEz_Av6ko#t=12m24s ends 12:33 Valdens Luigi Egg Spike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UWEz_Av6ko#t=13m31s ends 13:38 Valdens Luigi Bair Spike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IkC2wCZd4U#t=2m22s ends 2:30 Megafox 60%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETJdM8GDHfY#t=11m32s ends on 11:38 Castro Jr. Spike

Here's some decent ones. There's some good combos I did in my match against you, Santi. So choose whatever from there if you wanna I guess.
Might be some more stuff I did against Megafox last weekly if you upload them in the next couple of days.

Last edited:

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Alright, so. A lot of people already know this, but I live in San Antonio now.

Which means, as long as work permits, I can drive OoC to tournaments. TGC2 is coming up this weekend, and I'm already registered for it. I'm not sure when I'm going to be called back for work at any place, and I'm sure I can schedule interviews around this weekend, so I should be good to go for it. I'm not sure what my options as far as housing are (I really don't like doing single-day trips, I'd rather leave on Friday and come back Saturday night) but something can be figured out. I'm going to get potential housing pieced together right now, and I can post with more information then. But until then, who is interested?

Metal Slug

Smash Rookie
NNID
MegiLuka
So, I'm pretty late to asking and I think I know the answer. But was the top 10 Tourny this week or next?

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
You mean this upcoming Sunday, right? I always had trouble between next meaning upcoming or next week's.
:phone:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Whoever is in the middle makes more
Megafox gets chore money, 20 or so bucks for 1st, 2nd-4th and 8th-10th a bit more, 5th-7th basically grand prize.

Dunno still, full pot going to winner for los 15 or half to finals still and possibly going up to 1.3k now?

Last edited:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
I'd say List. LoS Top 10 is a good start, but are there any we considered honorable mentions that didn't go to at least half the weeklies?

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Videos are up on www.YouTube.com/c/210smash
Sorry it took a while. It has been a hectic week, but yay for custom URL. I only had 3/10 players give clips for the Los final video so I was not able to get it done.

And I made a reddit acct but it keeps blocking my post bc it thinks I'm a spam bot. I messaged the mods so I can post megafoxs gahlike techs. www.streamable.com/rtmv

Last edited:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Too soon for hyperlinking I assume. And I've been lazying about these past two weeks, haven't signed onto 210Smash in forev's. Lol forgot to mention that we finally broke 100subs for that custom url. Good on ya to jump on it.

I wish I could go and see all the cool matches today but I may work late / owe my gf a Thursday night.
Also Mario kart dlc.
someone text me with live updates ;).

Last edited:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Am I driving solo for once? Just me and my club music cranked to 25. Call an Asian store if I don't make it. Better yet, a famiry doctor.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
I can't blame phone autocorrect, but I will blame Maan and Tofer over the course of 10 years.
And I will blame my life and everything enjoyable about it.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Los 1-15 Results
36 Entrants
4/23/15

1: Jbandrew :4luigi:
2: HeroMystic :4mario:
3: Iam :4mario::4luigi::4dk:
4: Enigma :4rob:
5: Babybwake :4peach:
5: Leaf :4pikachu::4shulk:
7: Swarly :4luigi: