• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

Jaredgcom

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jaredgcom
I'm not sure how graphic card intensive streaming is but Nvidia is about to release the GTX 960 which is a steal at it's price. Might save you some money on your build Snorlax, and its pretty much as good as the 970 & 980.

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Santi I could build you a very good PC for like 500
Hahn so tempting! I should have reached out months ago for this when I first saw your computer. I might just buy one so I can have it by Thursday.
I'm not sure how graphic card intensive streaming is but Nvidia is about to release the GTX 960 which is a steal at it's price. Might save you some money on your build Snorlax, and its pretty much as good as the 970 & 980.
Thanks, will keep this in mind when shopping tonight.

I hope I get unlimited free venue for this :p jkjknotreallyjk

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Streaming is definitely more intensive than recording at least. Just tested streaming tonight and no setting can save my '08 laptop for streaming HDMI input, yet videos came out decently. So I can at least provide a recording set up, but if we ever do streaming, yeah some other computer is going to have to pick up the slack. Though Ooples doesn't have wifi was we all already know, so opportunities are fairly limited to house tourney, UA, and such.

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
We can record and do live commentary and we will just have to upload to YouTube for the time being.

Any ideas for the twitch/YouTube account? I don't want it named Santi but rather something for the scene.

And someone find a venue with wifi for the weeklies!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It'd prolly be better to discuss for a channel name (and definitely get nike a better name for the monthlies lol) in person, so for now this week we can test the stuff out but not upload it until next weekly.

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
We can record and do live commentary and we will just have to upload to YouTube for the time being.

Any ideas for the twitch/YouTube account? I don't want it named Santi but rather something for the scene.

but...what about Streampie500?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Also otaku cafe most likely has wifi, we just need Nike to not nike status us and give us the info on everything.

Does he have his car back?
Ooples this week?
Otaku Cafe?
Will there even be a tournament?

Will tofer ever get his controller back?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
960 is a Level 6 Graphics Card, which is the absolute minimum of what you want. Getting a Level 7 or Level 8 would be better overall.

Streaming is definitely more intensive than recording at least. Just tested streaming tonight and no setting can save my '08 laptop for streaming HDMI input, yet videos came out decently. So I can at least provide a recording set up, but if we ever do streaming, yeah some other computer is going to have to pick up the slack. Though Ooples doesn't have wifi was we all already know, so opportunities are fairly limited to house tourney, UA, and such.
Streaming is dependent on three things mostly.

1. Graphics Card
2. RAM
3. Upload Speed

As a streamer myself, I've ultimately been bottled by my upload speed. Need at least 3 - 5 mbps to get 720p. I wouldn't bother gunning for 1080p.

Last edited:

babybwake

Smash Cadet
NNID
babybwake
Yall still playing online much? I'm sorta rusty and would love to get some matches in! Have a room open up atm under NNID babybwake if anyone's interested!

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos

SalsaSauce210
San Antonio Legendary Smash Association
Stream And Ultimate Commentary Extravaganza
Your 500 has been turned into an area code
Otherwise I'd expect when weeklies are held at Valdens' to be a point of opportunity.
Also otaku cafe most likely has wifi, we just need Nike to not nike status us and give us the info on everything.

Does he have his car back?
Ooples this week?
Otaku Cafe?
Will there even be a tournament?

Will tofer ever get his controller back?
Will Nike ever obtain the replays to send to one of us to record?
Streaming is dependent on three things mostly.

1. Graphics Card
2. RAM
3. Upload Speed

As a streamer myself, I've ultimately been bottled by my upload speed. Need at least 3 - 5 mbps to get 720p. I wouldn't bother gunning for 1080p.
Mine's vise versa. I don't have the appropriate GPU (default mobile-based card) CPU (low end mobile duo core at 2 GHz each), but I got the internets to work with. My best bet would to borrow my brother's ASUS gaming laptop, but he uses that for school work and such.
Yall still playing online much? I'm sorta rusty and would love to get some matches in! Have a room open up atm under NNID babybwake if anyone's interested!
Well damn, I was lingering online for a moment and saw your room open, but thought you were waiting on someone else. Already shut down the console and left the game room.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I can take you to Ooples on Thursday if you need a ride Slush.

I'd go to a Smashfest tomorrow, but I don't get out of work until 10:30pm. :applejack:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I don't trust you guys for Wednesdays now. I'll probs just get there early Thursday (like 2PM) instead with a PM/Brawl/Melee set-up for friendlies shenanigans if I end up going on Thursday.

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
I did some test footage at 1080. I think lol. I think some of you may get a chuckle :143:

It's only 3 minutes but will be done uploading in 30 -_-

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I see 720p HD as an option, just usually defaults to 360 or lower on some vids fer some raisin.
Audio does seem to lag fer like a second along with the quality but fixes itself after another second.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Espy suiciding
Paw being the weakest link
Megafox being the hero SA needs still
And Valdens playing random

This is definitely legit. We're so bad

Mindles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMindless
3DS FC
5026-5818-5094
hey mindless, were you really feeling it that last match? :p

incidentally, I forgot to friend lamp...
As soon as I saw you and lamp going shulk I knew I had to bounce

**you should mm him IRL without the lag js
yolohyfr

Last edited:

CCCM89

Smash Ace
lamp, I'mma friend you., I want to really feel it again with you. :p

also, can I get some comments from you two one my kirby? has it improved? is it good? anything I can do better?

TehLamp

Smash Cadet
NNID
TehLamp
lamp, I'mma friend you., I want to really feel it again with you. :p

also, can I get some comments from you two one my kirby? has it improved? is it good? anything I can do better?
Its good dude just stay patient.
Library, brah.
Dude this was the best thing ive seen in a looooooong time. Way better than Ken's stream with that loud high pitched sound that kills my ears

Nike.

Smash Hero
I'll post after work more in depth, but weekly is this week at ooples. Same everything, only I'll be there this time lol. I'm driving my car so I can get you slush.

I'm gonna head to otaku cafe tonight and see if (a) they wanna host next weeks weekly and (b) if they have wifi. We're quickly outgrowing ooples as far as streaming and need for more than two outlets for everything.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
I found out why my stream was crappy -- I've been streaming at 1080p the whole time and forgot to scale down.
WiiU settings are still at 1080p, but this time on my capture program I set it to scale down to 720x480 at 3.00mbps.
My quality test stream is still running while I mess around with the settings. I only got 4 challenges left and all chars on All-Star Hard is the biggest thing left to do. Recording shouldn't be affected though as in my last post. I'll mess with the webcam later.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm at four challenges left too. I think I only have one head gear left to collect, then it's just the 9.0 without dying, all customs, and All Star mode.
Last night I was mad as ****. I almost beat Classic without dying, but Master Edges killed me even with 150+ defense customs. So much bull. :applejack:

Last edited:

Mindles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMindless
3DS FC
5026-5818-5094
I'm at four challenges left too. I think I only have one head gear left to collect, then it's just the 9.0 without dying, all customs, and All Star mode.
Last night I was mad as ****. I almost beat Classic without dying, but Master Edges killed me even with 150+ defense customs. So much bull. :applejack:
Have you tried putting the healing customs on?

Top Bottom