• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
@Pikabunz Yeah I live in San Antonio, didn't enter the smash scene until I went to UH though. I recently transferred to UT and will be going there mid January and I plan on being active in the SA and Austin smash communities. Traveling between them will be easier since they're only about an hour apart and gas prices have lowered lol.

@Valdens Yep, and I still go there every now and then to lurk and comment on some blogs. I'm not a fan of the new name, and there's too much Rosalina in the banner. But I'll be doing the Wii U ladder whenever that's available.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
for the 5 billionth time, JV decided on the name and owns the site, and they wanted the site to be more than just smash because they wanted it for all nintendo games, even tho everyone just goes there for smash basically but w/e, the site name doesn't even matter because everyone still calls it AiB lol

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
for the 5 billionth time, JV decided on the name and owns the site, and they wanted the site to be more than just smash because they wanted it for all nintendo games, even tho everyone just goes there for smash basically but w/e, the site name doesn't even matter because everyone still calls it AiB lol
AiB **** sucker.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
random question if only to get some more conversation going, who does everybody prefer/think if better, link, ness, or rosalina?
That's a tough one because they're all really good characters. Link and Ness are much more viable in Smash 4 thanks to the new ledge mechanics. Overall though I think Ness is the best, with Rosalina second and Link third.

Ness is first because he has amazing options in every sphere. Close combat, in the air/off-stage, projectiles; you name it, Ness can deliver. He also has a ton of KO power and an excellent recovery.

Rosalina is second because she has a unique projectile: Luma, who acts sort of like a turret. He's a floating hurtbox that can hit really hard on Rosalina's command, and when he's next to Rosalina, her damage output goes up. Rosal also can KO fairly well with her quick smash attacks, which can be difficult to punish. She's really light though and without Luma she can struggle against the likes of Little Mac and Captain Falcon.

Link is third because he's got awesome projectiles, endurance, damage output, and KO power, as well as a much better recovery than before. However, he doesn't get rewarded from executing any of his throws like Ness and Rosalina do, which means he's not as effective at punishing shields as most of the cast (I think only Zelda has worse throws). Link's aerials, while solid, also aren't as good as Ness's or Rosalina's. It's really close though, because Link has a ton of range and his new dash attack lets him hop over projectiles and stop most forms of camping (as well as KO quite well). Link's bombs are easily some of the best projectiles in the game and gale boomerang lets you negate committing to an approach a lot of times, which compliments his smash attacks.

Based on my experience.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
They decieved me.
Though honestly I went by last monday asking if they had any soon and the guy told me friday but not allowed to sell them till Monday.

So I called Sunday if they had any and I was told there was none in any stores at all. I was kinda annoyed to be given false information by one of the workers. My bad on forgetting to tell you bout that though.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Already told you to use those Wal Mart cards. At this point it's just laziness stopping you. :applejack:

Last edited:

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
I managed to get one from gamestop when they were up for preorder online last week, should be here tomorrow. I also had preordered one when i preordered smash 4, so if i get that one before you manage to get one, i can sell it to you

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
That'd be cool.

I honestly haven't been lazy about this though, I been watching the sites like a hawk whenever I'm able to preorder or if they somehow someway were instock where I could just buy it for 20 bucks but it never happened. There was a link in the SA group where there was some up for grabs by preorder but I was asleep when it happened so missed it, though other people were on it like vultures in an instant and couldn't anymore before an hour passed.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
weren't they coming out with new gamecube controllers just for smash that plug right into the wiimote? why spend a hundred buck on an adapter made for a Wii?
Because they aren't as well made, though they were funded by Nintendo they weren't made by them. Plus wireless.

That said I'm probably gonna have to deal with the Gamecube Fight Pad, at least when at home practicing by myself, when I get the game at Christmas until the adapter gets easier to find, if it ever does.

Denti

Smash Master
Man I hate to be that guy
Kinda
Not really lol

But Denti needs to learn to talk lower, Valdens commentary was much better than Denti's too.
Yeah my commentary has flaws, I just try to be hype because idk what else to do lmfao. I was pretty much pleaded to commentate since nobody else could/would. I normally avoid it if possible.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Could somebody add my info to the chart on page 1? And what's going on on Friday?

Confirmed that I'm off the next two Fridays (do I ever work lol) so I want to play offline. I will get up pretty early for breakfast / gym so if anyone wants to make a day out of it I'm ready to go hard. Maybe play Thursday night then too. Either way I wanna start early and put in some hours.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm free Thursday and Friday, but I might not have my car available at the time. I'd go wherever if I can get a ride, or if my car is ready by then. :applejack:

What's Castro's full address? Apartment number and whatnot?

Last edited:
Top Bottom