• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
if I actually used facebook, I would. :p in the mean time, KoN, care to get on my friend list and witness the recovery potential that is pac-man?

EDIT: Espy, checked my NID. it's CCCM89, so you can add that to the front page when you get the chance.
Sorry don't have a 3ds. waiting for the wiiu version. Btw that reminds me I gotta buy a wiiu lol.

CCCM89

Smash Ace
sure, I can set up a match after I get some stuff from the store. should be 10:30 or so before I'll set things up, so be ready for some seriously ****ed up recovery with pac-man. I am VERY pleased that I found this.

oh, I should say, no moving/scrolling stages this time. those just get annoying.

EDIT: nevermind, I'll run errands later. I'll start up the match in a minute.

Last edited:

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Agreed on stages, I might of accidentally done random a couple times thinking I was picking battlefield.

I'll be ready.

Incendiary

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sh0rtfuse
I went ahead and added everyone on the list. Let me know if you guys wanna play

CCCM89

Smash Ace
Good games CCM89! I gotta get to bed. I like your PAC play!
thanks, I really need to work on my air game, though. that and use glalaxion a lot more. oh, and I found i can stun you with the bell by knocking you into it when it lands behind you. this makes it very confusing for people and makes me laugh.

that aside, I feel I can only get better once the wiiU version is out. the addition of the stick may help my pivot smashes

SilentManny

Smash Cadet
Hey espy could you add me to the list? 2165-6464-8629 I'm currently going to main mii fighter but idk if he'll even be legal :'(

CCCM89

Smash Ace
they won't be, thanks to the custom movesets. most are just going to ban customs, so since the miis all use nothing but custom moves, they'll not be allowed in tournament play.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
mii fighters aren't all custom moves, they have a default moveset. Other regions are testing out custom moves and there will be events in texas that use them too so never know whats gonna happen

mimgrim

Smash Hero
they won't be, thanks to the custom movesets. most are just going to ban customs, so since the miis all use nothing but custom moves, they'll not be allowed in tournament play.
From what I have been seeing in the competitive section of Smash 3DS on this site, most people seem to be for Custom Special Moves.

Miis problem is the height/weight things. But that an easy solve if the guest Miis already found on the game are enforced as the standard for Miis.

Jesse Martinez

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2337-3415-9810
New to Smash Boards (and never bothered to make it out to my own fgc scene) in general, but I'm gonna attempt to be more than a mediocre online warrior. FC is 2337-3415-9810, I have classes from 8 to about 1 but I should be free any time past that barring weekends where I could be doing anything.

CH4LK

Smash Rookie
From what I have been seeing in the competitive section of Smash 3DS on this site, most people seem to be for Custom Special Moves.

Miis problem is the height/weight things. But that an easy solve if the guest Miis already found on the game are enforced as the standard for Miis.
I mean aside from the fact that some custom moves are straight bullsheeeeeeeet. Like a campy link with freaking meteor smashing bombs.

Zhea

Smash Ace
Speaking of Custom moves. Which would you prefer as a second event at Carpal Tunnel: Custom Move Singles or Teams.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'd rather customs be allowed for the main even with the second even being doubles while also allowing custom moves for it.

But that might just be me. :L

CH4LK

Smash Rookie
Yuuuuck, that looks no fun. Melee dashdancing is instinctual, smash 4 dashdancing looks like death

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's fine. Most of those methods were in Brawl too, and sans tripping, they definitely had competitive merit.
If you main a slow character, or one that doesn't slide well, this probably won't be a tech you need to worry about.

It gives Sonic and Mac mains something to practice, though. :applejack:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Houston's first major Smash 3ds event, The Road to TGC, is going down in 22 days (November 1st)! Official rules and games (Mario Kart 8, Pokemon X+Y and Smash 3ds) are locked in as well as a few free perks like no venue fee and free food if you decide to go.

This new generation of Houston tournaments will forge the way for TX to become one of the absolute best states to be smashing in but it can only happen if you support us like you did during the Brawl ages with HOBO and WHOBO. So please come on out to The Road to TGC, make friends, have fun, get better, earn some PR points and maybe make a little money too. I hope to see you guys soon.

PS: ill money match any Lucina/Marth with my Lucina.

The Road to TGC Smashboards page
http://smashboards.com/threads/nov-...ouston-texas-free-venue-and-free-food.366489/
The Road to TGC Facebook event page
https://www.facebook.com/events/1464546770489796

edit: if any OOC player from SA reaches top 3 in smash 4 singles, they can get into all events for free at the next TGC event.

Top Bottom