• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's at the same spot as last year, and getting another room at the hotel shouldn't be too hard. Plus, we still have until late April to get everything planned out.
We will need someone who can book the room though. :applejack:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
So... anyone wanna go to WHOBO?
I wanna go. Might not enter much, but I wanna.

How much did everything cost last time Beros? As far as the hotel went, I mean. :applejack:
May 3~4... damn if I still have my job by then, then nope.
I searched back my old posts and came up with Southwest Inn at $55.00 a night, and we stayed 2 nights.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
So I looked into all of the pricing costs at WHOBO.

Thread's here (http://smashboards.com/threads/may-...ition-brawl-melee-pm-64-200-pot-bonus.348315/) but for anyone who's interested without having to go through it all:

Venue: 30 pre, 40 at the door.
64/Melee/Brawl/PM Singles and Dubs. Singles are all 10 each, doubles are all 20 each.
Brawl Low Tier singles and Low+Mid tier doubles are 5 and 10/team respectively.

I'm definitely overestimating here, but I'm assuming the overall hotel fee will be about 150. If Valdens can fit 6 people in his car, it'll be 25 per person for hotel, 30 for 5. Gas'll end up around 10-15$ each I imagine, and you bring everything else, including food money or whatever you have on hand.

Assuming you enter everything (no one here will), it all totals out to about 160-170 per person, which is actually pretty damn good.

Otherwise, just assuming worse case scenario (40 Venue, 30 Hotel, 15 gas), that's $85 you spend, then the rest is all on what events you want and what food you buy. Still a good deal.

Let's get something going as soon as possible. The event's on May 3rd-4th, so we legitimately only have 4 weeks to plan this, and I'd rather get it down sooner rather than later.

Valdens is good to go, and I'm almost completely willing to go myself. I'm requesting both days off of work the next time I go in. As long as those get okay'd, I'm good as well. Anyone else who has any interest, let me know as soon as possible so I can get things going.

Valdens, gonna need to know when you're available too. I might need to refresh myself with Brawl. :applejack:

Valdens

Smash Ace
I'll confirm my work based eligibility to go by Saturday and start a carpool post.

Espy, I'm good to play more or less every weeknight past 6 and whenever Saturday through Monday.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Makoto theme is pretty good too.
Alexandrite had this nice, constant beat that really gets you grooving. Feels like it has iron in it.
Alexandrite II isn't BAD, it just feels more like a generic fast rock song by comparison. Lacks the "power" of the original, but it'll get your heart pumping a bit.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
You're super wrong, we had this discussion week or so ago. Alexandrite II is the only better song on the entire soundtrack.

Not revisiting this again. lmao

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Basic rundown for Smash direct.

Greninja newcomer when people thought it was Mewtwo
Samus/Zelda can't change to ZSS/Sheik anymore (btw they're characters now)
Charizard his own character
3ds released in summer with Smash run which is basically collecting items like City Trial in Kirby Air Ride.
Wii U version released around Winter
Yoshi revealed finally
Final Smashes shown for megaman and villager
Can make custom movesets for online only, dunno much since they said they'd reveal more on a later date
Mega Charizard and Lucario, most likely final Smashes.

Dunno what else to note outside of them showing more on stages and the fighters moves.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
Basic rundown for Smash direct.

Greninja newcomer when people thought it was Mewtwo
Samus/Zelda can't change to ZSS/Sheik anymore (btw they're characters now)
Charizard his own character
3ds released in summer with Smash run which is basically collecting items like City Trial in Kirby Air Ride.
Wii U version released around Winter
Yoshi revealed finally
Final Smashes shown for megaman and villager
Can make custom movesets for online only, dunno much since they said they'd reveal more on a later date
Mega Charizard and Lucario, most likely final Smashes.

Dunno what else to note outside of them showing more on stages and the fighters moves.

thank you. just got home and watched it pretty cool. i dont have a 3DS so will have to wait till winter. also dont have a wiiu lol.

found this on FB its for this friday. mario kart tournament for a free 3 day passed to Alamo City Comicon

https://www.facebook.com/events/826776314003160/?ref=5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom