• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Rumor] Possible Rayman Leak? UPDATE: Video Uncovered!

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
There's like a 1% chance this is fake. I had a feeling Rayman would be DLC. Wish Lucas was DLC though... :( Also, Mewtwo looks weird.

StarLuigi★

Smash Rookie
You guys do know this is fake right...I'm not buying this because there no video footage Don't buy the b8 guys

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
He/she should have selected the character so we can hear the announcer voice. Unless this guy/gal gets another chance to videotape, opportunity wasted.
Gotta love how "leakers" always leave out crucial minor details.

Melonfrog

Smash Apprentice
It is past midnight in the UK, HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SLEEP WITH ALL THIS GOING ON?
Also, maybe I'm overthinking it. But why add a shop icon just for two characters? Maybe, just maybe this game is going to get a lot of future support yet!

Onyxsbayne

Smash Cadet
Video makes this look really legit. If it's fake, then I need to see someone do it again with someone who'd never be in Smash Bros, (Goku, Master Chief, etc.)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
This could very easily be true, especially given the result of the last major roster leak.

I don't know what else to make of it at the moment. For now I'll just take it with a grain of salt and wait to see what happens. I'd love it to be true.

Last edited:

Aqualink97

Smash Rookie
Now, if when the mewtwo image is real when it comes out, I think we can safely say that the Rayman is as well. Also, if this is true and Sakurai/Nintendo lied about Mewtwo being the knly dlc character, then there potential for more, just look at the 3ds bottom screen, there is room for two more characters

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Is the Rayman trophy a western exclusive by any chance? It'd be kinda neat to get a western exclusive character and Japan could get Sukapon. Either that or they could be alt costumes.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
*Says that with the possibility it could be fake*

This wouldn've started development before ubisoft gave up

Also Rayman Legends is still exclusive in Japan so yeah
Rayman has trophies in smash 4 so he was hinting at it and this just gives me hope for more dlc characters namely Wolf

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Even with the amount of characters that Rayman's name has, the font of the R in the image is still different from the other characters, so I'm not sure if this is to be trusted.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
I remember proudly snubbing the leak that revealed Wario, Game & Watch, Shulk (I was even in the "his face is a copypaste of little mac" camp), etc. and being more wrong than Paul Krugman was about the internet. Not making that error again.

Mewtwo's and Rayman's renders look extremely smooth, in contrast to several other fake character select screens where they look like they were placed in haphazardly.

Kingkool

Smash Apprentice
some people are gonna believe this and some people won't just like the leak last summer but I think there's only 3 ways that this gets 100% proven. 1. We see more details about Mewtwo in the near future and see that his picture is the same as in this leak. 2. Gameplay footage. and 3. The video showing him hover over Rayman on the css getting taken down by Nintendo. If one of those things happen then this is a done deal.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I wouldn't even be mad. I'm way past really giving a **** about leaks though, especially since we already know Mewtwo is legit.

Dan

Smash Lord
And Sakurai was upset when people posted the SSE cutscenes online after Brawl came out... I'd hate to see his reaction to all these leaks.

Dan

Smash Lord
This is the right way to leak something: slowly tease, and then pour it all on, just like the DHD leak.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
The real question is if Rayman is the Diddy slayer?

Last edited:

xRozas

Smash Rookie
NNID
xDarksleep
3DS FC
0645-6960-9196
MY D**K !!!

Last edited:

Wyattkins

Smash Rookie
NNID
Wyattkins
3DS FC
2707-1796-0102
"In a post created on the 4chan board /v/ today,"

Yeah, I stopped there. Going to ****ing 4chan for credibility lmao
This irks me. So you're saying the summer leak was fake?
"Hahah, Rayman in mewtwo. SOOO fake. What's next, doctor mario? You can't trust 4chan because they are evil hackers."

Yeah, 4chan has it's fair share of fake leaks, but it also has some good ones.

Top Bottom