• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Rumor] Possible Rayman Leak? UPDATE: Video Uncovered!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

UPDATE: Video with Rayman in the Character Select Screen has been uploaded to YouTube! Watch it here.

In a post created on the 4chan board /v/ today, five seperate pictures were posted "allegedly from an industry contact" that would show Rayman as a DLC character in Smash 4. These pictures also include Mewtwo on the character select screen as well as a new "Shop" button on the main CSS which would be presumably used to buy the DLC.

The New Shop Button

This photo of the character select screen has several interesting things to notice. First, when looking at the Mewtwo on the character select screen compared to the render shown in the 50-Fact Extravaganza, you can see that the vein/bone in the neck is the same as well as the eyes being similar. It is also noticeable that R.O.B. has his picture show slightly lower then the others on the character select screen. However, this happens normally in the game as well as seen in this example with Shulk. The previous example also shows how characters can slightly overlap onto the black bar on the CSS as well just as Sonic, Rayman, and Miis do in this picture. Looking again at that picture of the current roster, you can see that Duck Hunt has been moved to be on top of Ness so Captain Falcon would no longer have room next to Ness on the CSS and would have to be moved as well, possibly to the top row where this is room to make the character select screen into a perfect grid.

In this picture it is noticeable that there is now shadow behind Rayman as there are for other characters on the select screen. However the shadow only shows up after a character is actually selected, so there is still a chance that this is the case in this particular photograph.
UPDATE: A picture showing the 3DS Select Screen has also been released, thanks to @ Stevie Jayrep Stevie Jayrep for posting in the comments:

@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A also mentioned this particular video with a quote that was previously dismissed that may be worth mentioning again now:

A huge thank you to reddit user Noiblade for his excellent post analyzing the leak that presented much of the information shown here. Is this leak real or fake? Only time and possibly more study will tell.

SmashCapps is very interested in seeing how this whole leak business pans out. Follow him on Twitter to discuss thoughts related to the leak!

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
It would make a third -Man 3rd party character if true lol

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Remember when we got hyped over this? An accidental comment?

Almost seems like it's coming full circle.

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
ALL ABOARRRRD

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I love how every "but guys, I found this thing that might make it fake" claim has been brutally and instantly disproven so far.

#RaymanSmashesWithTheLegends

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Not this **** again.

Melonfrog

Smash Apprentice
Pttfhh, the images just show an edited Little Mac face attached to a 3D model of Shulk Rayman.

Just joking. But wow... Just wow!

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
I love how it's only been about a few hours and all of the "problems" with it have been disproven and the leak has been almost accepted!! Also, tweet from Ash Paulsen confirms that GameXplain have already recorded a discussion on the topic.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Unlike other leaks, I'll argue in favor of this one.

Aside from the obvious hnnnng
#ALL4MEWTWO (instead of the petty nonbelievers' #NONE4MEWTWO in the past), Rayman seems to have a completely original model here that fits well with his trophy.

Besides, given how Sakurai/Nintendo likes to put out information and try to control hype, it's possible that they revealed this trophy to take our minds off of one thing, and dismiss this as a complete troll, but all along, this trophy was an entire other thing, but we payed it no mind because we assumed it to be a troll given the circumstances in which it was presented.

This leak is almost on the level of the summer-leak, and I refuse to try to disprove it based on my preferences alone. That, and my bro Mewtwo looks pretty sweg in these shots.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Do I really care if the leak is real?
No.
Would it be a problem for me if Rayman was confirmed?
Nope.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Fake until proven real. But ye gods, if this is legit, I will be a very, very happy kitty. :3

Earthbound012

Smash Rookie
In due time we shall see. The fact someone didnt straight out rip the mewtwo pic from 50 facts is something new and is possibly true

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
If this Rayman leak is legit, then that means I'll have to fight him with my main man Sonic to prove that I'm the only fighter who can have fused eyeballs.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
And here I was thinking we were beyond believing things without actual footage to back it up. That was the only reason people finally accepted the initial 3ds ESRB leak after all.

I just don't see this happening. They're good renders and all but... I dunno, I'll need something more substantial. Maybe we will get some Mewtwo previews soon since it's almost march. The second his render comes out we can have a concrete answer.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm leaning towards skepticism here, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. The messing with extra companies' licenses, especially the notorious-as-hell Ubisoft, does seem a little odd without something major like a character.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
It just seems like Rayman's render is very flat.

_gold_

Smash Master
Hopefully this is real. I'm especially hoping the "Shop" icon on the menu in real. In any video game that has a "Shop" type icon, nine times outta ten it's not going to just have one purchasable item in the shop. There's usually multiply. So if this is indeed real, this could lead to even more future DLC.

I'm just spit-balling though.

Top Bottom