• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

When ur descending on someone from the air like Sephiroth and charging Flare Blade and get just enough charge to kill

When you get just a bit of charge on fsmash while baiting/reading a landing and it has that perfectly crisp level of charge

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
If you want you could always copy the posts and put them in your thread for later.
why did you quote me?
if you aren't careful I'll crack out the knoll x ephraim fan art that made me cringe
When ur descending on someone from the air like Sephiroth and charging Flare Blade and get just enough charge to kill

When you get just a bit of charge on fsmash while baiting/reading a landing and it has that perfectly crisp level of charge

what even.png

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
Yo guys. whats been going on with everyone here? I officially quit comp smash but still play friendlies and casually. also kinda forgot smashboards existed after i reformatted my pc for a bit

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Yo guys. whats been going on with everyone here? I officially quit comp smash but still play friendlies and casually. also kinda forgot smashboards existed after i reformatted my pc for a bit
Eh, we're doing fine. After slowly working my way through the roster, I currently am learning myself pikatchu. Have to know how everyone works to beat them after all.
Roy is still close in my heart.

And too bad you dropped out of compeditive. What was the reason?

Last edited:
Yooooooooo. Do you still go to venues or stick to to netplay/online?

Do you think that if you ever moved to a different area, you'd pick it back up again? I do remember that you were upset with how toxic your local scene was and how they treated you. I'm kind of the same but I have some good friends and don't get enough exposure to get sick of it, I only go to something every 1-2 months and rarely use the Facebook group.

I'll keep the torch going in Melee/PM/4 for you competitively.

So, any thoughts on the Shiek MU?
It's definitely uphill. I find pivot grabs, using perfect shield to get good punishes, good poking tools, forcing trades that are in my favor, moving around with full hops here and there to avoid needles and footsies more, and lots of patience being what nets me the W.

It can really shift in your favor if you get one dsmash/usmash/fsmash/blazer punish or relatively-affordable or safe read to get a stock lead, then do nothing but poke away at her for extra credit safely. I've gotten a lot of 2 or 3 stock wins versus Sheik just because I would not give her anything. If she gets a stock lead on me, it really hurts and I feel like I'm gonna lose.

I feel like:
-It starts 60/40 in her favor
-It goes to 70/30 her favor if she gets a stock lead
-It jumps to 60/40 your favor if you get a stock lead

I know people have historically kept matchups as some static number, but I feel like it does make a big difference on the matchup's favor with stock leads or equal stock count, enough to warrant the above.

To win the MU, you have to keep poking away at her safely and using your range and trades to bring her to kill percent, get a kill on her without fishing or over-extending too hard, then keep the stock lead. I don't think it's bad once that point hits, you just have to work that busy morning restaurant shift for it. Don't fall for usmash or vanish, be wary of how predictable you are when she throws you at percents where she can kill with a up air or vanish. If you do get hit, DI them well.

Be very wary of fair or grabs at combo-friendly percents, which is a huge percent range for Sheik. She can get a lot off of them, don't let her. Keep poking and spacing safely, make any hit you get counts because she sure as hell will do that more than you.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
So, any thoughts on the Shiek MU?
yay another character that can't deal with needle camping wooooooooo
sheik is dumb

Sheik has some trouble getting in on Roy, but if she gets the lead it doesn't matter and fair is such a good approach tool. I really don't see it going in Roy's favor unless sheik is impatient or forced to approach. Roy's recovery is also rather exploitable for sheik making % leads seem smaller then they could be at points if sheik is punishing Roy's recovery like she should

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Ayy what's up?

Mobile still sucks. For some reason I cannot access the quick menu, but everything else works... But yeah I'm out of town today until late Friday. Anyway, there's a new place near me that stared up weeklies, so I'm hoping to go this Saturday... if I could get my sister to tag along, that is (someone please convince her to come. I think she's more nervous than me lol).

Last edited:
I need help from you guys on this as fellow Royboys.

I'm tired of seeing hateful comments or comments that trash Roy being voted to the top of YouTube videos and becoming more influential than they should.

I want to bring some light on Roy's character and expose a lot of the hate. Unfortunately, I don't know how to score top comments or earn respect from most people, so I need help here.

I would like you guys to read what I have to say if you don't mind a big post. If you agree with it, or just want to help Roy in general, please upvote it and help me get it to the top.

This should link you to the specific comment in the comments section.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X504v3v3iqQ&lc=z131ujsrcrz5z5h0o22vudgj5w3vuhqbb04

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

I'm tired of seeing hateful comments or comments that trash Roy being voted to the top of YouTube videos and becoming more influential than they should.

I want to bring some light on Roy's character and expose a lot of the hate. Unfortunately, I don't know how to score top comments or earn respect from most people, so I need help here.

I would like you guys to read what I have to say if you don't mind a big post. If you agree with it, or just want to help Roy in general, please upvote it and help me get it to the top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X504v3v3iqQ&lc=z131ujsrcrz5z5h0o22vudgj5w3vuhqbb04
ya youtube comments are like the pit of little demons you shouldn't look at
good luck and it aint worth the effort

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master

Done!

Roy won his chance to be a Smash Character for some good luck and a cool looking design, the time makes him a more important figure in Fire Emblem. The Smash Bros fans that love both Marth and Roy, the Fire Emblem's localization, etc...

Otherwise I remember something a little bit funny that my friend and me think about Roy when we watch people complain against him...

A Roy's hater in almost all the cases (unless he/she just doesn't care) would also be a Micaiah's hater :p... In fact... for similiar reasons (yeah... I saw people calling Roy "Gary Stu", but isn't a lot less likeable see this than with Micaiah, the most common similar complains are "bad lord", "boring character", etc.).

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
Yooooooooo. Do you still go to venues or stick to to netplay/online?

Do you think that if you ever moved to a different area, you'd pick it back up again? I do remember that you were upset with how toxic your local scene was and how they treated you. I'm kind of the same but I have some good friends and don't get enough exposure to get sick of it, I only go to something every 1-2 months and rarely use the Facebook group.

I'll keep the torch going in Melee/PM/4 for you competitively.

It's definitely uphill. I find pivot grabs, using perfect shield to get good punishes, good poking tools, forcing trades that are in my favor, moving around with full hops here and there to avoid needles and footsies more, and lots of patience being what nets me the W.

It can really shift in your favor if you get one dsmash/usmash/fsmash/blazer punish or relatively-affordable or safe read to get a stock lead, then do nothing but poke away at her for extra credit safely. I've gotten a lot of 2 or 3 stock wins versus Sheik just because I would not give her anything. If she gets a stock lead on me, it really hurts and I feel like I'm gonna lose.

I feel like:
-It starts 60/40 in her favor
-It goes to 70/30 her favor if she gets a stock lead
-It jumps to 60/40 your favor if you get a stock lead

I know people have historically kept matchups as some static number, but I feel like it does make a big difference on the matchup's favor with stock leads or equal stock count, enough to warrant the above.

To win the MU, you have to keep poking away at her safely and using your range and trades to bring her to kill percent, get a kill on her without fishing or over-extending too hard, then keep the stock lead. I don't think it's bad once that point hits, you just have to work that busy morning restaurant shift for it. Don't fall for usmash or vanish, be wary of how predictable you are when she throws you at percents where she can kill with a up air or vanish. If you do get hit, DI them well.

Be very wary of fair or grabs at combo-friendly percents, which is a huge percent range for Sheik. She can get a lot off of them, don't let her. Keep poking and spacing safely, make any hit you get counts because she sure as hell will do that more than you.
Well i may pick it back up. I do still play netplay just i do not ever go on anthers ladder anymore. And the reason i left smash was more of I was turning into a **** wad and the group i was in was treating me like **** and the entire community was just turning my life which is already pretty hectic into a giant hellhole. And it just made me despise a game i loved a lot. if any of you have netplay feel free to add me on skype chris.skorniak or just add me to talk i always enjoy new people. also missed all of you guys. Croph Croph dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 you two people have been around for while. you guys can add me if you want im normally always on. Also not relevant i want to start streaming again so thats a thing.

Well i may pick it back up. I do still play netplay just i do not ever go on anthers ladder anymore. And the reason i left smash was more of I was turning into a **** wad and the group i was in was treating me like **** and the entire community was just turning my life which is already pretty hectic into a giant hellhole. And it just made me despise a game i loved a lot. if any of you have netplay feel free to add me on skype chris.skorniak or just add me to talk i always enjoy new people. also missed all of you guys. Croph Croph dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 you two people have been around for while. you guys can add me if you want im normally always on. Also not relevant i want to start streaming again so thats a thing.
I wish I could do netplay soooooo bad. I'm still stuck with 4's online.

I know what it's like. I struggle hard with my flaws and sometimes just don't care how I come off to anyone, or I just get stupid, so I've been working on it a lot lately.

My number still works, let me know when you're gonna stream. I work and travel more than ever, so it'll be a 50/50, but I'll keep aiming till it gets to the right 50. I can't text like I want to but I can still reply every now and then briefly at work.

Last edited:

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
Hey guys, I'm a Roy main. Looking for a Roy Social Skype group :o

Hit me up boyz

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
Anyone up for some friendlies? I've got time to burn and I want to use it to get critique from some people who are better than me. and I'm STILL terrified of using Anther's Ladder ugh

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
What it do, Roy Boyz, Rosalina main here! Roy isn't really one of my mains but he is one of those characters I use every once in a while. I am looking to continue using him whenever I get the chance.

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
I wish I could do netplay soooooo bad. I'm still stuck with 4's online.

I know what it's like. I struggle hard with my flaws and sometimes just don't care how I come off to anyone, or I just get stupid, so I've been working on it a lot lately.

My number still works, let me know when you're gonna stream. I work and travel more than ever, so it'll be a 50/50, but I'll keep aiming till it gets to the right 50. I can't text like I want to but I can still reply every now and then briefly at work.
Alrighty man and if you really want i could always do smash 4 on 3ds or wii u i dont really care. just know that i lost a lot of my skill. i havent really played smash in general for almost a couple weeks.
Edit- Do any of you guys play Rivals of Aether? that game is so fun

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
What it do, Roy Boyz, Rosalina main here! Roy isn't really one of my mains but he is one of those characters I use every once in a while. I am looking to continue using him whenever I get the chance.
so who is your main then? Is it marth?
kappa.jpg

Anyone up for some friendlies? I've got time to burn and I want to use it to get critique from some people who are better than me. and I'm STILL terrified of using Anther's Ladder ugh
honestly never used salt ladder, I hate online as it is
by the way Zelda social almost always has someone who is willing to play

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
View attachment 75089

Salt ladder is too nice for anthers. everyone on there thinks they are amazing and then when you call them out and beat them they get super mad. this one fox was like i can never lose to a Roy in melee. i challenged him did Dtilt Uair Uair Fsmash and killed his first stock and he rage quit. and PM scene is even worse sometimes. they are more chill than melee but they can be bad. smash 4 is just cancer in every place. main reason i left most smash communities is because you cant really say much without starting an argument or having an opinion or whatever. This roy group is the only smash affiliation i have currently besides my close friends who play smash with me

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Salt ladder is too nice for anthers. everyone on there thinks they are amazing and then when you call them out and beat them they get super mad. this one fox was like i can never lose to a Roy in melee. i challenged him did Dtilt Uair Uair Fsmash and killed his first stock and he rage quit. and PM scene is even worse sometimes. they are more chill than melee but they can be bad. smash 4 is just cancer in every place. main reason i left most smash communities is because you cant really say much without starting an argument or having an opinion or whatever. This roy group is the only smash affiliation i have currently besides my close friends who play smash with me
you know the best way to solve most problems in smash is just everyone admit they are bad, I have no idea why that is so hard to do

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
kid you can throw a rock and find someone like that, not really worth writing home about
I was just coming here just to have a friendly greeting until you decided to take it the wrong way for no reason. I mean what did I ever do to you?

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 75089

so i was right in not using smash ladder yay

i might try out the zelda social too, i just don't want to hop in there randomly and be like "hey anyone want to play me in a match"

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I was just coming here just to have a friendly greeting until you decided to take it the wrong way for no reason. I mean what did I ever do to you?
wrong way? Kid, I've been cynical and sarcastic my whole life. It's nothing you ever did made me that way
50177897_p0_master1200.jpg

i might try out the zelda social too, i just don't want to hop in there randomly and be like "hey anyone want to play me in a match"
people ask for matches all the time, it's nothing new there

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't have time for this. I got far more important **** to worry about.

By the way, I'm 25 years old.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I don't have time for this. I got far more important **** to worry about.

By the way, I'm 25 years old.
have a good one
and a good way to act 25 is to stop acting so important on the internet

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828

I would be down to play with you. i just like to talk while i play and thats why i like online so i can skype my friends and play at the same time. i may not be as good as i used to but i still like to think i am pretty good. and yeah stay away from the ladder unless you want me to make a Roy group chat to add you in but i barely go on there anyways

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or being a complete idiot.
You were the first one to call someone idiot... It was a simple joke, and it turned into "this".

Both of you... can't you stop this please? It always takes two.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
You were the first one to call someone idiot... It was a simple joke, and it turned into "this".

Both of you... can't you stop this please? It always takes two.
stop being passive aggressive? well that's no fun
Tino has a bit of a reputation though, it really makes it all the sweeter to rustle him

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
I would be down to play with you. i just like to talk while i play and thats why i like online so i can skype my friends and play at the same time. i may not be as good as i used to but i still like to think i am pretty good. and yeah stay away from the ladder unless you want me to make a Roy group chat to add you in but i barely go on there anyways
I can definitely get on Skype or something later, but not at the moment

Tonight if it's not too late

Alrighty man and if you really want i could always do smash 4 on 3ds or wii u i dont really care. just know that i lost a lot of my skill. i havent really played smash in general for almost a couple weeks.
Edit- Do any of you guys play Rivals of Aether? that game is so fun
I kind of do. Strong attacks don't work for me online, and I can't move my character select cursor there after someone's picked. I don't have these bugs at all in local play. I end up hitting someone to 150-200 every stock without being able to add strong attacks to strings which isn't fun for me and takes a lot away from the experience. Imagine playing Melee Roy without any smash attacks, DED, fair, or ftilt at all, that's what I feel like. If they ever fix this, I'll play more.

I have really good experiences for 4 in general on there. I might be lucky. Evenings and past midnight, I always meet chill mofos. I even tagged a few in the thread a while back. My buddies have terrible experience in Melee on there, though, and I'm always sad to hear about it. A solid core of training partners might be what you need most rather than any random matchmaking in general if you want to 98.2% avoid salt/rage/toxicity.

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828

I kind of do. Strong attacks don't work for me online, and I can't move my character select cursor there after someone's picked. I don't have these bugs at all in local play. I end up hitting someone to 150-200 every stock without being able to add strong attacks to strings which isn't fun for me and takes a lot away from the experience. Imagine playing Melee Roy without any smash attacks, DED, fair, or ftilt at all, that's what I feel like. If they ever fix this, I'll play more.

I have really good experiences for 4 in general on there. I might be lucky. Evenings and past midnight, I always meet chill mofos. I even tagged a few in the thread a while back. My buddies have terrible experience in Melee on there, though, and I'm always sad to hear about it. A solid core of training partners might be what you need most rather than any random matchmaking in general if you want to 98.2% avoid salt/rage/toxicity.
I dont know whats wrong with your game but i have no issues with online in RoA. I use xbox controller because im lazy to use my gc one. and imagine Melee Roy with no smashes and dtilt. what is he sandbag? Guineapig126 Guineapig126 yeah sure man just add me or pm me here to let me know whats up. That goes for all of you guys i guess i dont mind playing with you just i cant play all the time. this weekend though im free like all day saturday sunday tonight even.
Edit- How do you reply/quote multiple people?

Last edited:

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
I dont know whats wrong with your game but i have no issues with online in RoA. I use xbox controller because im lazy to use my gc one. and imagine Melee Roy with no smashes and dtilt. what is he sandbag? Guineapig126 Guineapig126 yeah sure man just add me or pm me here to let me know whats up. That goes for all of you guys i guess i dont mind playing with you just i cant play all the time. this weekend though im free like all day saturday sunday tonight even.
Edit- How do you reply/quote multiple people?
Yeah sure, adding you now. Guess we can PM? Or you can hit me up on skype, same name as on here and you reply to multiple people by quoting multiple times per post I think? if it works for me now then I'm right lol

Guess I'm hitting up two people tonight/this weekend? aight lets go adding so many people

EDIT: and I forgot to comment on the smash ladder thing ugh

So I HAVE been on there before, but it was just this D3 player I got reked by and he was just like "yeah stops rolling" overall first experience wasn't as amazing as I expected it to be

Last edited:
Top Bottom