• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Can I just take this out of nowhere moment to comment on how much I appreciate that Sonic and Mega Man are different shades of blue? I was worried they'd be the same, but Mega Man has a faint green tint that separates from Sonic.

Am I alone? Probably? Yes?

Okay, carry on :)
It's mainly done to ensure every character has their own colors scheme going for them, basically a color coding system in a sense. Case in point, we have 7 characters that emphasis green, but each one has a different shade of green.

Reznor

work in progress
Chrom easily never was attached or interested in Roy, plus chrom still has the chance to be a unique fighter.
if people think Dixie will be a clone then shouldn't Roy also end up being a clone

Bajef8

Smash Ace
I told myself that I wouldn't get involved in this impending FE discussion. But **** it. ROY"S MUH BOY! DAT FIRE SWORD DOE! HE"S BEEN IN TEH SMASH ALREADY!

Also what's to stop Sakurai from keeping Roy and just making him unique from Marth?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
if people think Dixie will be a clone then shouldn't Roy also end up being a clone
Why would one think otherwise???

I told myself that I wouldn't get involved in this impending FE discussion. But **** it. ROY"S MUH BOY! DAT FIRE SWORD DOE! HE"S BEEN IN TEH SMASH ALREADY!

Also what's to stop Sakurai from keeping Roy and just making him unique from Marth?
They both got recency, so I don't really know. And Roy had that prequel.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Chrom? XD

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'd prefer Lyndis over both (maybe). Especially with her new design and dual sword. And how could you say no to those legs?

Reznor

work in progress
I don't count people as clones untill I see them in game, and I assume you meant chrom instead of Roy?
people were saying they don't want Dixie because she has a chance of being a clone while saying they want Roy who was already a clone :glare:

Gune

Smash Lord
people were saying they don't want Dixie because she has a chance of being a clone while saying they want Roy who was already a clone :glare:
Well I don't exactly think shes going to be a clone but if she is no skin off my bones I don't particularly care for her or even Chrom for that matter, I just don't like when people automatically make generalization of a character being a clone even when they do have there own abilities. It severely limits a persons view on that characters potential.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The corn hate be unfair...
He's simply not brimming with diversity, which is not exactly a great thing. He can be included, but don't expect anything revolutionary or interesting. At least in my eyes, that's not an compelling character.

Reznor

work in progress
Well I don't exactly think shes going to be a clone but if she is no skin off my bones I don't particularly care for her or even Chrom for that matter, I just don't like when people automatically make generalization of a character being a clone even when they do have there own abilities. It severely limits a persons view on that characters potential.
people were making a ton generalizations earlier it was annoying :glare:

Gune

Smash Lord
He's simply not brimming with diversity, which is not exactly a great thing. He can be included, but don't expect anything revolutionary or interesting. At least in my eyes, that's not an compelling character.
And there's nothing wrong with that I don't personally expect anything super diverse or revolutionary either to be honest, just something that makes people notice him and sets him apart from the others at least more so than Roy did but not as much as Ike.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I have a question, in the newer game of Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei, who will be the protagonist in that game from Fire Emblem?
.n_n.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I have a question, in the newer game of Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei, who will be the protagonist in that game from Fire Emblem?
.n_n.
There's not enough info to make an assumption, we just know that the characters seen in the trailer will probably be in the game.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Not to change the subject but I had an interesting conversation with the 4th graders during lunch just now. They were talking about their favorite Mario characters. I told them mine is Luigi. One kids was Mario, another Toad, another Peach, etc. I then asked if they knew Smash bros. due to my horrendous Japanese pronunciation, they couldn't quite get what game I was saying so I explained its where Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, and other Nintendo characters fight. They had no idea.

So I decided to pull out my phone and showed them the Japanese website. Couple of kids were confused but a few were like "ohhhhhhh!!! I played the Wii one with my brother."

They were floored that there's a new one and that it'll be on the 3DS. Every kid in the class had a 3DS or will get the 2DS. They were excited about it. So we sat down and looked at the screenshots and videos. They were going nuts. Absolutely nuts. Laughing at Pikachu, Luigi, and Bowser. I then asked what Nintendo character they want to play as. It took them a while to catch on to what I was asking. They just never thought of this before.

They said the following characters:

Toad
Waluigi
Bowser Jr.
Daisy
Dixie Kong
Mewtwo
Blaziken
Tingle
Chrom

They had no idea who Mega Man, Roy, Samus, Fox, MGW, or Toon Link is. They didn't know King K. Rool, Palutena, Ridley, Little Mac, Shulk, Isaac, Krystal, Takamaru, etc is. Then again they are only 4th graders. However, I'm willing to bet, based on my past interactions with students up to 9th grade; the average student does not know who we are talking about unless it concerns the Mario, Pokemon, or Kirby franchises. I've talked to students from 8 schools about Smash and prospective candidates. None of them even considered thinking about new characters not did they know of any new characters to add.

That being said, I know some people go after Sakurai for including characters that appeal to casuals.I don't think that's true now. Many of the characters chosen reflect a large part of the Smash and Nintendo community and what we would like to see rather than the larger casual crowd.

Espio264

Smash Ace
How is it an oxymoron? Just curious.

Also, what would clone Communists be like?
Would they push for equality for the clones?

----
He uses the reference to Nazis as a general term for negative people who are against something, in this instance, the inclusion of clones in the game.

The actual Nazis were/are in favor of a master race of similar individuals, thus their persecution/ execution of Jews, gays, people of color, etc. The Nazis theoretically would be in favor of clones because they lack diversity.

D

Deleted member

-Divine vs. Noah
-FE Corn Ryu Super Happy Fun Time Yeah!
-Onions

**** it, I'm back on the vodka soda.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
you want the truth, I'll tell you the truth whether you like it or not.... this roster sucks. it just sucks. :facepalm: No offense, i'm just saying. Don't get me wrong there's some good choices, but some pretty bad ones as well.

Dr. Kawashima and Nintendowhatever-the-**** (WHO is this?!) as playable characters?! Diddy and Dixie Kong TOGETHER (imagine the rage from Diddy mains having to CHANGE their strategies)?!?! Anna over ROY?!?!?!?! Seriously, no offense but your roster needs A LOT of work. Remove Kawashima/Nintendosomething, separate Diddy and Dixie from each other, and replace Anna with Roy. I mean seriously, why are your rosters always like this? Why? :ohwell:

Bonus points to adding Pacman, though. :)

While BluePikmin11's own preferential roster is far and away from perfect, or even satisfactory... it looks like a divinely-inspired prophecy compared to that previous roster of yours. Also take cautionary heed: your subjective opinion is not "the truth" to be obeyed as "fact". It is what it is - subjective opinion.
Whether you like it or not.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Not to change the subject but I had an interesting conversation with the 4th graders during lunch just now. They were talking about their favorite Mario characters. I told them mine is Luigi. One kids was Mario, another Toad, another Peach, etc. I then asked if they knew Smash bros. due to my horrendous Japanese pronunciation, they couldn't quite get what game I was saying so I explained its where Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, and other Nintendo characters fight. They had no idea.

So I decided to pull out my phone and showed them the Japanese website. Couple of kids were confused but a few were like "ohhhhhhh!!! I played the Wii one with my brother."

They were floored that there's a new one and that it'll be on the 3DS. Every kid in the class had a 3DS or will get the 2DS. They were excited about it. So we sat down and looked at the screenshots and videos. They were going nuts. Absolutely nuts. Laughing at Pikachu, Luigi, and Bowser. I then asked what Nintendo character they want to play as. It took them a while to catch on to what I was asking. They just never thought of this before.

They said the following characters:

Toad
Waluigi
Bowser Jr.
Daisy
Dixie Kong
Mewtwo
Blaziken
Tingle
Chrom

They had no idea who Mega Man, Roy, Samus, Fox, MGW, or Toon Link is. They didn't know King K. Rool, Palutena, Ridley, Little Mac, Shulk, Isaac, Krystal, Takamaru, etc is. Then again they are only 4th graders. However, I'm willing to bet, based on my past interactions with students up to 9th grade; the average student does not know who we are talking about unless it concerns the Mario, Pokemon, or Kirby franchises. I've talked to students from 8 schools about Smash and prospective candidates. None of them even considered thinking about new characters not did they know of any new characters to add.

That being said, I know some people go after Sakurai for including characters that appeal to casuals.I don't think that's true now. Many of the characters chosen reflect a large part of the Smash and Nintendo community and what we would like to see rather than the larger casual crowd.
They want Tingle?

Hmm...

Maybe he's more popular over there than I thought.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Perhaps. I certainly wouldn't be SURPRISED to see it delayed, but maybe that will be less of an issue without SSE. I have no evidence to back that up, but it is one less (large) thing they have to worry about.
Well we got 2 games. That's hard to balance the workload for.
But yeah, after Pokemon X&Y, I feel a lot more confident about international releases.
I hope that's what happens with Smash... or at least we abolish this region-locking crap. It's an abomination that needs to die forever, like consoles without internet capabilities.
Pokemon DLC is free events.
The Brawl fan made/taken stages, videos, and pictures were all technically DLC.

I would, however, love to see DLC implemented if a character doesn't make the cut due to time restraints or issues in development. That would be mad dope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom