• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
The thread, yeah. What Hotfeet and I were talking about was competitive Pokemon, though. Frankly, the change in subject was refreshing. I'd rather talk objectively rather than subjectively, and Pokemon/Fire Emblem is sheer subjectivity all around.
B-BUT

MUH CORN

MUH INEVITABILITY

MUH RELEVANCE

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Now THAT'S Fire Emblem discussion.
Sakurai cuts Ike and Marth, doesn't bring back Roy, and doesn't bring any new FE characters either. Why? Because god hates you =P (In my honest opinion FE is a good series but they have got to be one of the most boring characters to me playstyle wise and such.)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Sakurai cuts Ike and Marth, doesn't bring back Roy, and doesn't bring any new FE characters either. Why? Because god hates you =P (In my honest opinion FE is a good series but they have got to be one of the most boring characters to me playstyle wise and such.)
I don't know, Marth's quick sword style in Melee was very refreshing compared to what we've seen in the franchise, seeing as sword users, namely Link, were lumbering and slow and not built on finesse and combos but rather just pure strength. Not to mention that, looking back at the games that Marth originated from, it's pretty impressive to see how Sakurai turned him into such a versatile character.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I don't know, Marth's quick sword style in Melee was very refreshing compared to what we've seen in the franchise, seeing as sword users, namely Link, were lumbering and slow and not built on finesse and combos but rather just pure strength.
I actually use Marth occasionally and his speed is satisfying but they just bring out the most uninteresting aspects of a sword user... The fact that they only use swords. Link gets a pass because bombs are fun to use XD

CalumG

Smash Lord
>Nintendog
>Dr. Kawashima

C'mon man, you're just doing it on purpose now. It's been explained in great and extensive detail already why Nintendog and Ryuta Kawashima cannot and will not be playable characters. Make no mistake, they're not just unlikely or unpopular - their chances are literally comparable to the chances of playable Naruto or a playable version of the moon from Majora's Mask.

It may be over-used but this is literally you, every time you post a roster:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I actually use Marth occasionally and his speed is satisfying but they just bring out the most uninteresting aspects of a sword user... The fact that they only use swords. Link gets a pass because bombs are fun to use XD
Well that's because of his franchise and the options he has at his disposal. Marth only really ever had the Falchion to work with. I didn't even obtain the DLC of Awakening, so I'm not sure if Marth was able to use different weapons by changing classes.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Well that's because of his franchise and the options he has at his disposal. Marth only really ever had the Falchion to work with. I didn't even obtain the DLC of Awakening, so I'm not sure if Marth was able to use different weapons by changing classes.
I understand why he's that way but I respect him for what he is and I'm glad he can gather such a large audience in smash etc. etc. but yeah I stand by my opinion on him (and Ike... And Roy... But I don't care about Roy...) the fact that my brawl main is Mr. Game and Watch should give you a perspective of how much move variety I like XD

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
C'mon man, you're just doing it on purpose now. It's been explained in great and extensive detail already why Wii Fit Trainer cannot and will not be a playable character. Make no mistake, she's not just unlikely or unpopular (her game is popular, though) - her chances are literally comparable to the chances of playable Naruto or a playable version of the moon from Majora's Mask.

It may be over-used but this is literally you, every time you post a roster:

CalumG

Smash Lord
Isn't Dr. Kawashima's design based on the real life professor, doesn't that count as Nintendo character design?
It's not based on a real-life professor, it is a real-life professor, with a lower-poly count. Ryuta Kawashima is as much a Nintendo property as Mike Tyson is.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I understand why he's that way but I respect him for what he is and I'm glad he can gather such a large audience in smash etc. etc. but yeah I stand by my opinion on him (and Ike... And Roy... But I don't care about Roy...) the fact that my brawl main is Mr. Game and Watch should give you a perspective of how much move variety I like XD
All I can say is this...after playing Melee again after a long time...I almost forgot how BAD Game & Watch used to be before becoming amazing in Brawl.

CalumG

Smash Lord
There's no one else that could fit the casual Nintendo series characters as well Kawashima or Nintendog though.
Then don't add anybody else. Dr. Kawashima is a real-life person. Once you stop adding game characters and start adding whoever the f*ck you like from the real world, everything is fair game. Hellfire will rain from the sky, plague will spread across the land and our lord and saviour Gaben will strike us down for committing such blasphemy.

But no seriously, if Dr. Kawashima is fair game for Smash Bros., then so is Mike Tyson. And for that matter, so is anybody. You can't just go throwing non-game characters into Smash Bros.

CalumG

Smash Lord
so what your saying is.. we should add Mike Tyson?
yes

Mike Tyson, Shigesato Itoi and Ryuta Kawashima

the holy trinity of smash characters who are real life people

it'll make such a unique and special snowflake roster 10/10 would bang sakurai

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
There's no one else that could fit the casual Nintendo series characters as well Kawashima or Nintendog though.
Which is why your casual reps end up being Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Nintendog (assuming you keep it too), and the Mii (which is already more than enough).

It leaves up a space for say, Shulk a character people actually want to play as Shulk.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The closest we'd ever probably get to a guy from real life in Smash Bros. would be Reggie Fils-Aime, and even he doesn't stand much of a chance. The overall concept of adding people from real life into Smash sounds rather bizarre to me. The game is about characters from various Nintendo franchises meeting up and duking it out. (along with a few 3rd party characters) If anything, non-game characters could be in the backround of stages or as stickers.

CalumG

Smash Lord
I prefer Robopup over Nintendog myself. But then again, I don't see a Nintendog making it in Smash anytime soon.
Yup. Nintendogs chances in Smash Bros. would be incredibly slim, even if Sakurai got past the fact that it's not a Nintendo character (merely a dog), and even if they somehow got around the legal loopholes in that Nintendo would never allow the release of a game where you can Flame Choke a realistic puppy. There are dozens of reasons why Nintendog is not just unlikely, but impossible - and even if all of these reasons just suddenly ceased to exist, it still wouldn't be a compelling character in any way, shape or form.

Plus Nintendog is already in the background of a stage, which as we all know is 100% legit A+ solid reasoning :troll:

CalumG

Smash Lord
Nintendog is a compelling character, just being a dog that could beat up Ganon's back would be very entertaining you know.
Yes, but Nintendo would never allow it. Nintendo of America almost didn't release Smash Bros. in the US in the first place out of fear it'd be too violent - and you think they'd allow you to beat the crap out of a photo-realistic dog?

Try stringing together any incoherent mess of words that you like but there is no reality where Nintendo would allow that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom