• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reznor

work in progress
okay lets make this nintendo related

what is the worse nintendo fanbase :bubblebobble:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Let's get back on the topic this thread was made for then.

Do you think Mewtwo will get in over Lucario, or vice versa? Or do you think they'll both get in?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Something about a waifu discussion from Fire Emblem women (ugh :urg: ) and then some guy mentioned being a Brony, and then all hell broke loose.
Someone obviously doesn't know how Awakening worked, which isn't surprising after how you needlessly bashed the franchise.

Do you think Mewtwo will get in over Lucario, or vice versa? Or do you think they'll both get in?
Can't be sure, but at least we know Mewtwo is already considered.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman

Gotta say either Star fox or pokemon.

I wouldn't mind seeing them both, but Mewtwo replacing Lucario seems more likely.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

This has been a crazy last few pages, but if I may, on that whole Earthbound discussion a page back, I agree with everything Silverjay said. Anyway, worst fanbase as a whole franchise? Easily a threeway tie between Pokemon, StarFox, and Fire Emblem.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I think Mewtwo is more likely to get in, not necessarily as a replacement, but Lucario's chances are a bit lower I think, at least to the point of him being low priority.

As far as I know, Lucario hasn't been that important in the Pokemon series as of late, but Mewtwo's going to be important in the upcoming Pokemon games, and with it's new form and all, I think Mewtwo's chances have considerably raised.

Mewtwo was also missed by many in Brawl.

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
Worst nintendo fanbase? :ohwell: Hmmm... probably Fire Emblem (*dodges rocks being thrown* woah, wait, hear me out!). Mainly because all they ever talk about is either having disturbing otaku discussions about waifus, a gaybase for Marth, Roy, and Ike, and wanting more representation for the series than it is needed (really, Metroid only has ONE :urg: ). Other than that, I'd say Starfox, although mainly because of the furries.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Worst nintendo fanbase? :ohwell: Hmmm... probably Fire Emblem (*dodges rocks being thrown* woah, wait, hear me out!). Mainly because all they ever talk about is either having disturbing otaku discussions about waifus, a gaybase for Marth, Roy, and Ike, and wanting more representation for the series than it is needed (really, Metroid only has ONE :urg: ). Other than that, I'd say Starfox, although mainly because of the furries.
The waifu thing just started with Awakening and the gaybase is actually part of the smash fanbase. Not the FE fanbase.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
if Mewtwo and Lucario get in one of them will need a new move set
... Why? If you think about it pretty much the only similarity is their neutral B, and if that's too similar for you then ummm you're in a bad place XD
Id say the worst fanbase is the pokemon fanbase as they want all the random pokemons in smash..
Oh how DARE we have interest in a pokemon other then the starters, legendaries, pikachu and every other lame ass pokemon that gets marketed! There's like 700 of those ****ers I think I can pick what I want not what gamefreak wants to market. Now if you excuse me I'll go back to supporting Omastar :p

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Maybe just for one or two weeks... I could consider getting myself a Swat Kats avvy as well...

---

Anyway, I do think Mewtwo is getting in, I'm not sure he would replace Lucario. But I do know Lucario would be sort of low-priority, probably lower than Jiggs this time. Where do I come from with this? Nowhere! I call it a feeling.

The Pokemon Company will probably have a list of relevant Pokemon, and Lucario might be sligthly lower.
I'm sure Sakurai will still pass through most of the unworking Pokemon quickly, and end up with Mewtwo very high, and then Lucario beating Zoroark just because the former was playable in SSB before... but is still slightly less popular than Jiggs.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I think all fanbases can be pretty nasty at times.

Nintendo-wise, I wouldn't know the worst one, but I think the Gravity Falls fanbase is much worse than most fanbases.

TheDivineDeity

This has been a crazy last few pages, but if I may, on that whole Earthbound discussion a page back, I agree with everything Silverjay said. Anyway, worst fanbase as a whole franchise? Easily a threeway tie between Pokemon, StarFox, and Fire Emblem.
So, you would rather play as a child with a yo-yo, basball cap and bat, and some gay "PSI" powers, rather than an awesome alien from outer space with the powers of star magic. Okay... your problem then. :ohwell:

Reznor

work in progress
I think all fanbases can be pretty nasty at times.

Nintendo-wise, I wouldn't know the worst one, but I think the Gravity Falls fanbase is much worse than most fanbases.
Gravity falls fanbase is pretty bad but the worse fanbases are probably

Sonic
Kingdom Hearts
Big Bang Theory
almost all FPS
TF2 (it isn't a part of the other FPS...FRPs because they can be worse)
MLP
Pokemon (sadly its true)
Homestuck

those are the only ones I can think of right now

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
So, you would rather play as a child with a yo-yo, basball cap and bat, and some gay "PSI" powers, rather than an awesome alien from outer space with the powers of star magic. Okay... your problem then. :ohwell:
While I respect your opinion, you really don't need to force them on others like that. Unbelievably, the Mother fanbase really strong, and you won't be getting kind responses saying those things.:ohwell:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
By the way, when it comes to how terrible fanbases are in regards to Super Smash Bros., what easily tops that list is Pokemon and Fire Emblem. It's because both have such a division over characters, and that is saying something considering there is A LOT of them. Typically, there are sides divided up and if you're accompanied by one side you were a threat to the other side. Often these types of discussions lead to endless flame wars, and yet in the end nothing felt accomplished and there was no satisfaction regardless on how anything went. Sometimes there was even whole movements based around deceits.

You people should of been around during pre-Brawl, it was a lot worse then it is now.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

Sonic
Kingdom Hearts
Big Bang Theory
almost all FPS
MLP
Pokemon (sadly its true)
Homestuck

The FGC?

I've cut them some slack recently, but I used to be very disgusted by them.
Right now I'm indifferent, though.... Though one hears things, you know? Horrible things.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai HAS said he looks for the "hot" pokemon, but I think it was more of a justification for Lucario's inclusion, and really only applies to his slot.
K, punching a baby seal right now.

......oh ****. It was a baby elephant seal.

I better run now....

CalumG

Smash Lord

Sonic
Kingdom Hearts
Big Bang Theory
almost all FPS
MLP
Pokemon (sadly its true)
Homestuck

Jesus Christ, Big Bang Theory. How does that show even have a fanbase? I can sum up every joke the show have ever made pretty succinctly:

1. Main cast member makes a pop culture reference
2. The punchline is that Penny doesn't get it or Sheldon corrects them with superior pop culture knowledge - part 2 is optional
3. Main cast members make fun of Sheldon for being a grade-A autist - cue canned laughter
4. BAZINGA - part 4 is optional

R.I.P Comedy, we hardly knew ye. )':

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Whoa-whoa-whoa, let's not go calling anything gay here. That's entering the realm of ignorance, my friend. Awesome is subjective, and I don't think it's quite fair for you to dismiss PSI as just bleh when you've likely never played an Earthbound game yourself. I've beaten both Super Mario RPG and Earthbound. Would you care to explain what makes Ness' powers "gay" where Geno's aren't?

Reznor

work in progress
By the way, when it comes to how terrible fanbases are in regards to Super Smash Bros., what easily tops that list is Pokemon and Fire Emblem. It's because both have such a division over characters, and that is saying something considering there is A LOT of them. Typically, there are sides divided up and if you're accompanied by one side you were a threat to the other side. Often these types of discussions lead to endless flame wars, and yet in the end nothing felt accomplished and there was no satisfaction regardless on how anything went. Sometimes there was even whole movements based around deceits.

You people should of been around during pre-Brawl, it was a lot worse then it is now.
it will get worse the

I dare them, then. I don't have a problem with the series, I just don't like having opinions shoved down my throat.
the Earthbound fanbase is really united I wouldn't mess with them and on average Earthbound fans are pretty smart and well mannered

The FGC?

I've cut them some slack recently, but I used to be very disgusted by them.
Right now I'm indifferent, though.... Though one hears things, you know? Horrible things.
ya they can get bad forgot about them

Jesus Christ, Big Bang Theory. How does that show even have a fanbase? I can sum up every joke the show have ever made pretty succinctly:

1. Main cast member makes a pop culture reference
2. The punchline is that Penny doesn't get it or Sheldon corrects them with superior pop culture knowledge - part 2 is optional
3. Main cast members make fun of Sheldon for being a grade-A autist - cue canned laughter
4. BAZINGA - part 4 is optional

R.I.P Comedy, we hardly knew ye. )':
any time I have ever met a fan of that show they don't know **** about Comics or games and then they talk down to me saying they know more
they think Batman can beat both Zooms at the same time :facepalm:

TheDivineDeity

Worst fanbase of all time? Game of Thrones. People treat it like Jesus Himself arose from God's own creation. "Oh, Sean Bean this, dragons that, undeserving ******* winning awards only because of liberal Hollywood schemes this and that. Nothing more than a D-list show with subpar acting, too many characters and plots to follow, boringness in general, good guys always dying and bad guys always winning, etc. etc. etc.

TBBT is overrated. If it wasn't for a homosexual actor playing as the main guy Shelton, nobody would even know the show exists.

****ing ****, I'm a hypocrite. I talk about off-topic stuff, then earlier I complained about it. Hypocrisy aside, I do apologize.

Reznor

work in progress
****ing ****, I'm a hypocrite. I talk about off-topic stuff, then earlier I complained about it. Hypocrisy aside, I do apologize.
every one goes off topic if we don't we run out of stuff to say and argue in circles (what we have been doing for a while)

when new info comes out we will stay on topic for a while depending on what it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom