• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
Alright, no need to get your panties in a bunch. Here is my response.

I can't really support your roster or even award points, but I can give suggestions

Removals

Hades - Medusa would make more sense, but we probably won't get anybody besides Palutena.
Slippy - As deserving as Slippy is, we don't need a 4th Fox Semi-Clone or any other Star Fox Characters. Besides 4 Star Fox Characters is too many.
Black Shadow - Unless he has moves different enough from Ganondorf
Zoroark - There's really no reason to have him over Mewtwo unless your goal is to have a Pokemon that hasn't been a veteran. It's just Lucario is more popular and people like him way better.
Dark Link - It's already a costume, make Toon Link DLC, or better: Replace Vaati with Toon Link I'll concede this point.
Dark Pit - It's already a costume, there's no reason to have someone if they can be a costume. Bullcrap on this, Dark Pit isn't just another color variation of Pit - he's an entirely separate character within different movesets and characteristics. Go read Dark Pit's discussion guide.
Dark Samus - It can easily be a costume, probably should town down on the Dark characters. Same as Dark Pit, although I feel Metroid could use, at most, 3 representatives. Besides, it's not my official roster prediction, just DLC, which may not even happen.
Lloyd - You have 2 Namco reps, you can't have 2 Third-Parties from the same company. Also Sakurai has stated Namco characters aren't getting any special treatment for working on the game. So I think Pac-Man is kind of unlikely too. He's more iconic as an arcade classic than he is in his modern titles. I just don't see Pac-Man in a SSB title.
Dillon - Dillon should be an assist trophy or a sticker. I know his games sold well on the eShop, I don't think he warrants a playable spot. You can represent characters without them having to be playable. SmashChu has an interesting read about Dillon's inclusion.
Impa - Really no reason she should get in over Sheik, it makes more sense to have Zelda transform into Sheik because Sheik IS Zelda. Were does Zelda go when she transforms into Sheik. I don't think Impa served a major role in the series, she's Zelda's servant, Zelda should have the major characters of the series. Link: The protagonist, Zelda: The princess in the title, Ganondorf: The main villian of the series, and Toon Link: The younger version of the hero that also represents the beloved Toon titles. So instead of allowing Zelda to evolve into something of her own with Impa, a more recent character with the potential of uniqueness and desirability, we should just keep an overrated and outdated ****** disguise of Sheik, whose prime has passed significantly a long time ago. :urg: I understand that Sheik may have a chance with the recent OoT reboot on the 3DS, and stay relevant, but to keep the Zelda series from advancing to its next stage (Skyward Sword) and keep ourselves stuck in the past (OoT), is wrong on many levels.

I understand old-schoolness has its place in within other series, like Ice Climbers or Game and Watch, but Zelda the character (and series) isn't going to remain an outdated character for the rest of eternity just because of ONE other transformation. It's unfair. It's like forcing Link to remain the OoT version forever, instead of SS. Besides, Impa appeared in far more games as a character than Sheik. Impa has a worthy presence, and can mesh better with Zelda as a character who can play alongside her, not have Sheik take all the glory.

We need to move on, because it's going to happen eventually. Truth hurts. :dizzy:

Shadow Mario - I just don't think that's gonna happen. And Bowser Jr is fine on his own.
Toad - You need to pick between Bowser Jr, Paper Mario, and Toad. You have too many Mario characters. For all we know, Sakurai can choose 2 out of the three. For my money's worth, I'd say Toad is most deserving.
4th Third Party - 4 (well 5 because you have Lloyd) third parties is too many, Nintendo characters need to be prioritized. You can't remove Ness, Lucas, and Ike for frikin Pac-Man.
Geno - That's never gonna happen and he has no reason to be in Smash (kind of ironic considering you like to remove characters because you think they're "irrelevant") Again, it's DLC, and again, it's unlikely. But Geno has a huge fanbase that wants to play as him, regardless of relevancy. You can't say the same for Ness or Lucas.

Additions:

Ike - add him back because there is no way Chrom is gonna get in over him. Ike is the second most popular lord of all time and has 2 installments unlike the rest (with the exception of Marth & Leif) You can keep Chrom just bring back Ike. Nobody wants him to leavea and there aren't any reasons for him to leave. And Chrom being in the latest title isn't a reason to replace someone. I like Ike, but so far a pattern suggests Fire Emblem gets both Marth and another character who had a game recently. If Sakurai said he was possibly going to have cuts, then obviously a transitional character like Ike will get the cut. I'd rather have Roy than Ike, however, if it were to happen. :ohwell: Honestly, I don't care either way to gets in.

JigglyPuff - having 5 Pokemon reps this time is very likely. Maybe add her, Lucario, or Kalos Trainer. 2 Pokemon trainers is too much, although it'd be cool.

Little Mac - He shouldn't be DLC Alright, I admit, I should have considered him roster worthy. But then I would love to have King Hippo as well, even if unlikely it is to happen.

Issac/Matthew - You need to pick one, you can't have both :urg: If Fire Emblem can debut out of nowhere with TWO new characters, so can Golden Sun, but besides that, Matthew's only DLC, not an official roster prediction. What sort of rules make it illegal to only have one Golden Sun character.

Ness and/or Lucas - I don't know why the discontinuation of the Mother series leads you to believe Sakurai would remove one of Nintendo's best and most popular franchises. Mother wasn't erased from existence and neither is the impact it had on us gamers, people love EarthBound and there is no way in hell they'd be removed. Mother is never going to be irrelevant, heck they even released it on the Wii U eShop. What on earth are you talking about??? You declared it as "The truth of the matter" in which case you may need a reality check, NOBODY is going to get over it and NOBODY wants Dillon, Lloyd, or frikin Pac-Man over the EarthBound reps.

Mii - Not gonna single customization to one character. Mii has plenty of his own moves from Wii Sports, Wii Party, and StreetPass Quest. The Mii is an obvious choice to join the roster, whether you like it or not. Sakurai talks about customization, so might as well have the mother of all customization in the Mii. It's the mascot of Nintendo. Honestly, and I'm speaking the truth here, if the Miis showed up much earlier than Brawl, they would've showed up already. What a waste for Nintendo to include Mario as a mascot, and not the Miis. :ohwell:

You need to learn that can't just remove characters because you think they're outdated and irrelevant, that's not how it works. Also there was never a TP version of Sheik so who says there can't be a SS one. Also it's unlikely we will get SS Zelda because they version of Link we currently have in SSB4 isn't entirely SS and there is no SS Ganondorf. And if SS Zelda means you have to remove Sheik than it's not worth it. Yes it is, like it or not. Ganondorf can stay as himself because OoT 3DS is fairly recent, giving him relevance. Zelda, on the other hand, has had more character development and transformation. TP Zelda is very template like, and therefor can copy-and-paste Sheik there. But SS Zelda is different! She has more personality and involvement in the storyline, so to **** over Impa in favor of the outdated ****** Sheik makes NO SENSE. SS version of Zelda with SS version of Sheik is illogical, because Impa is already there to provide the role. No need for Sheik anymore. Sorry. ;)

and STOP calling series "irrelevant" you even called Fire Emblem irrelevant, did you forget about the game that came out a couple months ago? You do know what irrelevant means. Comparing Fire Emblem's impact to Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, Icarus, etc. is RIDICULOUS. Irrelevant series with little to no impact, compared to Xenoblade or Project X. Therefor, irrelevant.

and the current pattern isn't just Marth and the new coming lord, Roy is in the coding of Brawl, and there is plenty of room for a third Fire Emblem rep. You just removed the second most popular one of all time. Also Marth Ike and Roy being awesome is not why Fire Emblem is playable in SSB. :lol: LOL, says the guy who says removing Ike is stupid because he's popular. They were only in the game in the first place to promote a recent WTF Japanese title. Now they've stayed because of their popularity in Smash (which does not mean popularity outside of it).

I suggest you stop posting "OMG" and "LOL" and all of your thoughts as facts as almost none of them are true at all. And you don't have the authority to declare a character useless, irrelevant, undesired, or even remove them. Neither do you, by that logic. :) We all have a say in this regard. otherwise, Pichu would still be here as a joke character.

Not to be mean, but I hate it. I'm only saying that because you asked us if we did. Hope you don't take anything I said as rude, it's kind of hard for me to tell what people take as rude especially when it's in text. Whatever, I don't mind.

I like it, just not so much the addition of Giriham.

What's so funny bout Bumbermon?

He's one of the most popular Third-Parties ever, with the most affiliation with Nintendo. Not to mention he was recently acquired by Konami, which should heighten his chances assuming Third-Parties from Brawl don't return. It makes more sense than Snake who mostly got in because of a friend request. For all you know Sakurai probably WANTS Bomberman in SSB, it wouldn't surprise me. I wouldn't be so quick to shun him just because he's owned Konami (which should make him more popular than ever before.)

Like I said, most games that have guest characters don't have them return. If any game does that it should be smash due to a limited roster and the priority of Nintendo Characters. So you have no reason to shun Bomberman other than the assumption that the 2 Third-Parties will return.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Oh wow, is this another Olivia fan besides myself that I see? o.o
I did pick her to be my wife. :p You pair up with her and you're practically getting a critical every other turn at higher levels thanks to that luck boost.

Ah Olivia... damnit why did I let her die again? *Sigh*
Probably because you were unaware of how useful she is? Kind of how I accidentally killed Tharja? :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As unlikely as she is, Olivia would be interesting to see in Smash. Being of the Dancer class, and everything. Graceful dancing moves combined with some sword attacks could be cool. And her grab could be grabbing people with her scarf. :awesome:

And the fact that she gets Lethality is just hilarious. :laugh:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
As unlikely as she is, Olivia would be interesting to see in Smash. Being of the Dancer class, and everything. Graceful dancing moves combined with some sword attacks could be cool. And her grab could be grabbing people with her scarf. :awesome:

And the fact that she gets Lethality is just hilarious. :laugh:
It would be interesting, but having her as an assist trophy would be interesting, boosting your attack speed but not your overall movement speed. But personally, I'd prefer to see Nowi as an assist trophy, that'd be something interesting to see.

How dare y- Oh wait I'm being a hypocrite CARRY ON THEN!
Hey, it's not like I didn't go back to get her, I just didn't know Chrom had to be the one to talk to her. :p But seriously, she's an amazing companion, pair her up with the arc spells and the special spells you get from bosses and she's practically unstoppable, especially with the Vengeance Skill. No wonder she's the next most popular character from Awakening next to Chrom and Lucina.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I did pick her to be my wife. :p You pair up with her and you're practically getting a critical every other turn at higher levels thanks to that luck boost.
That's the only reason? If you want a wife just for gameplay wise she isn't bad but there are better picks for Avatar. Personally I think Aversa is the best mother for Morgan cause of her passing the skill to allow Morgan to use dark magic as a dark peggy, and insane damage if you make Avatar +mag/-Def. But of all the femal characters in the game, and perhaps all female characters in general, she is my fave. This probably largely due to the fact that of all video game characters in the world I have the most in common with her personality wise (shy, think low of myself/think I'm not good at anything, and all that jazz). lol

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Hey, it's not like I didn't go back to get her, I just didn't know Chrom had to be the one to talk to her. :p But seriously, she's an amazing companion, pair her up with the arc spells and the special spells you get from bosses and she's practically unstoppable, especially with the Vengeance Skill. No wonder she's the next most popular character from Awakening next to Chrom and Lucina.
Meanwhile I lost Olivia like 2 chapters after I got her XD

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
That's the only reason? If you want a wife just for gameplay wise she isn't bad but there are better picks for Avatar. Personally I think Aversa is the best mother for Morgan cause of her passing the skill to allow Morgan to use dark magic as a dark peggy, and insane damage if you make Avatar +mag/-Def. But of all the femal characters in the game, and perhaps all female characters in general, she is my fave. This probably largely due to the fact that of all video game characters in the world I have the most in common with her personality wise (shy, think low of myself/think I'm not good at anything, and all that jazz). lol
Oh, no way that's the only reason I chose her, that was just a bonus! XD I like her design, her character is very interesting, and my favorite videogame character is also a skilled dancer and singer like Olivia is, so I felt a connection to said character. Not to mention said shy personality and pink hair reminded me of Fluttershy (Yes, I'm a brony, don't judge me. :p).

Meanwhile I lost Olivia like 2 chapters after I got her XD
You should always keep her paired up with someone, because the CPUs have the dickish habit of going after assist characters first. The best to do is to pair her up with powerful characters like Kellam. I also pair up Nowi and Panne alot, metamorph tag-team!

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Oh, no way that's the only reason I chose her, that was just a bonus! XD I like her design, her character is very interesting, and my favorite videogame character is also a skilled dancer and singer like Olivia is, so I felt a connection to said character. Not to mention said shy personality and pink hair reminded me of Fluttershy (Yes, I'm a brony, don't judge me. :p).
Oh ok. As for the brony thing. I actually don't care/give a hoot as long as you aren't one of those ones that try to force the show down other people's throats and try to pass it off as a religion. I've met one to many of them and it is because of them I hate the show with a passion.

TheDivineDeity

... You're kidding right?
While I'm not saying Geno has the greatest chances, or is even deserving of it in place of others... Geno still has a HUGE cult following even to this day. Since Brawl to today, there is a sizable portion of fans to want Geno, because of several reasons (badassery, awesome moveset potential, the MUSIC he would bring, representing the Mario RPG's). With the Earthbound series, all you have is a kid with a baseball cap and bat who can do magic tricks. The point of video games is to feel EMPOWERED, to feel like you're something you're not. Characters like Geno do that. Ness and Lucas doesn't. Who WANTS to play as a child with yo-yos and snakes when you could play as an extraterrestial alien with superpowers. That's what video games do. EMPOWER you.

Besides, who was asking for Earthbound in the original game, anyways? :ohwell:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Oh ok. As for the brony thing. I actually don't care/give a hoot as long as you aren't one of those ones that try to force the show down other people's throats and try to pass it off as a religion. I've met one to many of them and it is because of them I hate the show with a passion.
I'm not gonna force anything, what do I look like, Noah? Anyways, you shouldn't judge a show based on the fans of the show, it's like not liking Sonic games because the fanbase is so bad, I just ignore them and enjoy it on my own. But if you watched it and don't like it, that's fine too, it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm not gonna force anything, what do I look like, Noah? Anyways, you shouldn't judge a show based on the fans of the show, it's like not liking Sonic games because the fanbase is so bad, I just ignore them and enjoy it on my own. But if you watched it and don't like it, that's fine too, it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea.
The difference between the Sonic and Brony fanbase for me is that I have never ran into the Sonic fanbase, and I'm sure if they are just as bad as some of the Bronies I have met and I meet jsut as many of them I would start to detest the Sonic series to. It's one thing to like a show. It is a different thing entirely to meet someone who follows X thing with a passion so much they try to force every single person they meet to follow and if you don't you are a bad person and even go so far as to treat it like a religion or call it a religion, and 10 times over when you don't really care for the thing to begin with but are pretty much neutral to it. And if you end up meeting enough of them... Well they can make you hate anything they follow. Yea, I've had bad luck with the bronies I have met in the pass. :/

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
The difference between the Sonic and Brony fanbase for me is that I have never ran into the Sonic fanbase, and I'm sure if they are just as bad as some of the Bronies I have met and I meet jsut as many of them I would start to detest the Sonic series to. It's one thing to like a show. It is a different thing entirely to meet someone who follows X thing with a passion so much they try to force every single person they meet to follow and if you don't you are a bad person and even go so far as to treat it like a religion or call it a religion, and 10 times over when you don't really care for the thing to begin with but are pretty much neutral to it. And if you end up meeting enough of them... Well they can make you hate anything they follow. Yea, I've had bad luck with the bronies I have met in the pass. :/
Well then, it seems like you've had some problems with them, I think I'll just back off before I start coming across the same way...:p

Reznor

work in progress
the only problem I have with bronies is they try to make a mediocre show something amazing this one guy pissed me off saying Samurai Jack and MegasXLR are bad shows because MLP has better characters
the show is on the same level as Dora the Explore its made for 3 year olds

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
While I'm not saying Geno has the greatest chances, or is even deserving of it in place of others... Geno still has a HUGE cult following even to this day. Since Brawl to today, there is a sizable portion of fans to want Geno, because of several reasons (badassery, awesome moveset potential, the MUSIC he would bring, representing the Mario RPG's). With the Earthbound series, all you have is a kid with a baseball cap and bat who can do magic tricks. The point of video games is to feel EMPOWERED, to feel like you're something you're not. Characters like Geno do that. Ness and Lucas doesn't. Who WANTS to play as a child with yo-yos and snakes when you could play as an extraterrestial alien with superpowers. That's what video games do. EMPOWER you.

It took me a while to take this in. *sighs* I suggest you invest in the re-release on Wii U VC cause its seems like you aren't very familiar with the series. If you did, you'd know that everything you said Geno could do, Mother already does, but better. Geno uses magic. You'd know Ness and Lucas use PSI. They're psychic. You'd know the overwhelming satisfaction of surviving an encounter with a territorial oak. How powerful you actually come in this excellent RPG series. Ignorance is really the thing blocking you here. Unfamiliarity. I really had to tone down this post because what you just said sounded like average Youtube comment. Honestly you should go out of your to way to experience the multiple franchises in Smash before you write off their inclusion. That is all.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
the only problem I have with bronies is they try to make a mediocre show something amazing this one guy pissed me off saying Samurai Jack and MegasXLR are bad shows because MLP has better characters
the show is on the same level as Dora the Explore its made for 3 year olds
Eh I wouldn't go that far. People like what they like. Something being mediocre is subjective. Same thing with characters being bad or not. I know I wouldn't get pissed off if someone said a show I like was bad because another show has better characters. The things that ticks me off, as I have stated before, is the cult following of it. And when I say cult I mean a true cult. They literally try to pass it off MLP as a religion and try to force it down your throat and if you don't watch it you are a bad bad person who shouldn't exist in the world. That is what I mean by the cult following, and unfourtantly I have met one to many of them.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I leave for most of the day and come back to discussion of Fire Emblem hair and Brony vs Sonic fanbases... Yup, sounds like the day was pretty average.

Who WANTS to play as a child with yo-yos and snakes when you could play as an extraterrestial alien with superpowers. That's what video games do. EMPOWER you.

Kids with yo-yos, snakes, and psychedelic powers. The fact that it's easier to relate yourself to a kid makes it all the more empowering, in my opinion. And the Mother fanbase was huge in Japan at the time. As hard as it is to believe, it was right up there with Pokemon and Dragon Quest for a while in terms of being the most popular RPGs.
Brony rant
I'm not a brony myself, but I myself am fine with the show and the concept of a brony. It's the type of brony, which can be any fanbase really, that decides to be a Jehovah's Witness and shove it down others throats wherever they go. I have a few friends that are bronies and they can be pretty cool. They let their fandom be a passive thing, which is good. It's just the ones that are very verbal and in-your-face about it that make the rest of the bronies look bad, really. Same goes for all other fandoms, furry or not.

Reznor

work in progress
Eh I wouldn't go that far. People like what they like. Something being mediocre is subjective. Same thing with characters being bad or not. I know I wouldn't get pissed off if someone said a show I like was bad because another show has better characters. The things that ticks me off, as I have stated before, is the cult following of it. And when I say cult I mean a true cult. They literally try to pass it off MLP as a religion and try to force it down your throat and if you don't watch it you are a bad bad person who shouldn't exist in the world. That is what I mean by the cult following, and unfourtantly I have met one to many of them.
well the guy also stole some money from me like 10 min after so that was probable the major reason I was pissed :facepalm:

and ya people trying to make the show a cult like you say is dumb (didn't know they were doing that)

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
I leave for most of the day and come back to discussion of Fire Emblem hair and Brony vs Sonic fanbases... Yup, sounds like the day was pretty average.
I really don't understand that logic. The worst part of the Sonic fans base is the younger audience, whereas the worst of MLP are grown men. Two entirely different mediums if you ask me, not to mention one is overly hated and frowned upon.

well the guy also stole some money from me like 10 min after so that was probable the major reason I was pissed :facepalm:

and ya people trying to make the show a cult like you say is dumb (didn't know they were doing that)
I laughed at this for far too long. I'm sorry

Reznor

work in progress
Okay, I may have no problem with people hating the show, but that kind of answer makes you sound like you have some masculinity issues to work out. :p
dude I play Kirby and read shoujo manga I am comfortable with my masculinity
I was saying the target audience is toddlers

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
dude I play Kirby and read shoujo manga I am comfortable with my masculinity
I was saying the target audience is toddlers
Actually, the target audience is all ages, but that's not that big a deal. :p

I really don't understand that logic. The worst part of the Sonic fans base is the younger audience, whereas the worst of MLP are grown men. Two entirely different mediums if you ask me, not to mention one is overly hated and frowned upon.
You mean the Sonic fanbase...right? :p

TheDivineDeity

Seriously, are we REALLY arguing about Sonic vs. MLP fanbases?! SERIOUSLY?! This is ridiculous. Let's talk about, oh, I don't know, something RELEVANT to the discussion. LIKE ROSTER PREDICTIONS.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Oy, we really are having a slow news drought if we've resorted to arguing about fanbases...

How did this all start, exactly? Something related to Sonic's stance on being cut or not, I hope? Please tell me this stemmed from something relevant to the thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom