• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Like Bluepikmin mentioned, since he was a clone Dr. Mario didn't really have anything from Dr. Mario in his moveset aside from the pills. Now I understand that characters aren't always completely based off of their games, but more than just the pills would be nice.
To be fair, there are three different Mario RPG franchises that all accommodate into making them be the second best selling Nintendo RPG series.

Meanwhile Dr. Mario is alone, still being number one with Nintendo's Puzzle franchises (again, assuming Brain Age isn't considered a Puzzle franchise).
I'd accept Dr.Mario as a 6th character, but having both Paper, regular and Doctor Mario...? Really pushing it. So if I had to make the choice, I still choose Paper Mario. Then again, ideally my 6 character Mario roster would be with Toad and Paper Mario. Now that's impossible, Paper Mario then Bowser Jr. would be my first choices. Next up I guess it's between the Doc and Waluigi, but then probably chose Dr.Mario. So dunno man...

Even if they make him a semi-clone, there's still Luigi. Don't see the 3 of them being as unique to all get in togheter. Fox, Falco and Wolf for example all have drastic different styles. Luigi is different enough from Mario due to his unique movements. Dr.Mario would be a step back and clone Mario far more directly. Size, weight, movements and attacks would all be mostly based on Mario's.

Just don't see the need to him when we already have a cast this big and he's not needed as a simple roster addition.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Low expectations are a good thing. I won't be disappointed in the final result if I have low expectations. So, nope. Unless if the pills will set my expectations lower.
That's like saying "be miserable now so I'm not butthurt later." Just try to enjoy your expectations and except them if they were wrong. I don't believe you should sulk about it.

Now if you will excuse me, i have a pacman sculpture to worship and a lloyd effigy to burn. :troll:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
About the Direct:

Diddy Kong, y u no check my Impa moveset in the thread? I made it 'special for u!

But, I'm expecting a casual "hey, Zelda's in the game" if anything. No Palutena, no newcomer-icus, just a veteran. Maybe Dedede. Maybe Yoshi. Maybe Ness. Nobody knows. Sakurai is an enigma. We may get nothing at all.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Who's doing all those KI character roleplay accounts? I've seen Hades, Pyrrhon, the Dog and Amazon Pandora so far...

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Oh look, Saturn is here. Time to get my head screamed off.
Or maybe just sarcastically commented off.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Am I the only one that finds it hilarious that lonekonWOLF likes all the dog's posts, as if he can understand what he is saying?

And is this dog guy going to respond in random dog jestures to everything? If so, I might as well go make a dog support thread. He's the second most recency dog after Nintendog who is deconfirmed.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I have a subject. Recently there was a "debate" about clone characters. One thing that really grinds my gears is when someone tries to defend someone who is clearly clone material by giving them the most desperate and half assed move set. Just because someone can have a move set that's unique does not mean they will. Smash has had several characters that had plenty of source material like Ganondorf, Toon Link, Lucas, and Roy. But, these characters became clones/semi-clones for a reason. They share physical similarities, characteristics, significant abilities, and usually should pay tribute to that. And yet for some reason people try to defend that there is no reason Chrom, Impa, or Dixie Kong would share moves with their respective counterparts when. Why? People are like "Oh, Impa had a Deku Nut." Yeah, well Falco had a bazooka and Toon Link had a freaking Skull Hammer. Why do people assume Chrom would not be based off of Marth or that Dixie would not be based off of Diddy when they specifically fit that criteria?

Gune

Smash Lord
Am I the only one that finds it hilarious that lonekonWOLF likes all the dog's posts, as if he can understand what he is saying?

And is this dog guy going to respond in random dog jestures to everything? If so, I might as well go make a dog support thread. He's the second most recency dog after Nintendog who is deconfirmed.
Well pretty sure Lone understands him its not all that hard really.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

well of course don't you know?
wolfs and dogs are in the same family, we can understand each other . . .
though if you take a look at the rate their chance thread, we're not on good terms . . .

Kid Icarus Dog

Smash Rookie
???

Wait a minute?
Are you actually Pit inside of that dog?

I'm not gonna troll you, because if I do, PETA will probably come after me for "abusing animals."
*nips*
though if you take a look at the rate their chance thread, we're not on good terms . . .
*pant pant*

On the subject of dogs, would I be get in trouble with moderators if I posted Smile.JPEG?

*nips*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom