• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Palutena or Mii tomorrow people!
Fixed.

I know for sure I'm getting 3D World, I got that ruined for me when she asked me to take in my brother's presents to wrap them. I'm not sure about Galaxy 2, though, I've been too busy to collect all 120 stars in the original, so I'll have to start that up again soon.
The Wii games will stop producing more. So maybe I recommend Galaxy 2 first?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I know for sure I'm getting 3D World, I got that ruined for me when she asked me to take in my brother's presents to wrap them. I'm not sure about Galaxy 2, though, I've been too busy to collect all 120 stars in the original, so I'll have to start that up again soon.
I never bothered getting all 120 stars in the first one, so I never got to play through as Luigi.
Although I did get all 242 stars in the second one.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It's mainly from more of the character then gameplay. I think Lucina is generally the more developed and interesting character, and she's more of an effective unit mainly because she doesn't suffer from Crutch Character Syndrome like Chrom does. This kind of translates into the Fire Emblem fanbase where Lucina is either on par or more popular then Chrom.

I don't care too dearly about Lucina for the same reasons as Chrom, little to provide in terms of diversity. But I would pick still Lucina over Chrom, mainly because she's the character people seem to like better. If there is one thing I always appreciate, is genuine support.
I can appreciate this.

Basically I'm the same except I like Chrom. For me he's just a complete badass and in my opinion, I think Sakurai can find something with him. But hey, that's what's nice about opinions.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
There will be nothing tomorrow. Get it through your heads.
You're pretty negative, you should really be on the hype train. :awesome:

I never bothered getting all 120 stars in the first one, so I never got to play through as Luigi.
Although I did get all 242 stars in the second one.
I only rented Galaxy, man was that a big mistake, I should've bought it. D:
Although I did beat the game pretty early.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well...

This Direct is a bit different. They're showing off games in the Spring, which includes Donkey Kong. So maybe don't necessarily expect it, but don't think it's out of the question that we could see Diddy, a Kirby character, etc...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So...

3D World or Galaxy 2? Which one should I get for christmas?
3D World should be easier to get, I think. Also, this one has multiplayer, so I think it would be more fun playing with someone else. It's Christmas, after all!

Don't really have an opinion, since I haven't played either of them.

Besides, aren't the first words you learn in a language these exact words anyway?
So, you didn't use a translator... Guess I was wrong, then. Still, the phrasing seemed odd to me, that's why I assumed so.

Regarding your question, I guess you could say that. What you wrote literally means "Thank you! [Is] everything okay, my friend?".
The odd part is that we don't always use the "my" word when addressing a friend. So, "Obrigado! Tudo bem, amigo?" would have been better sounding and more natural for a native speaker (like me). Hence, why I made the assumption.

(If you're interested in learning more about the language, you can ask me via PM.)

Tomorrow, this will happen:
[collapse="This grand and majestic newcomer will join the fight..."]
[/collapse]

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Guess Sheik is disconfirmed too.

Diddy Kong, you won: Zelda disconfirmed and newcomers Cranky Kong (he's gonna be a star!) and Impa join the battle.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Swamp took the words right out of my mouth.

VGX is basically for douchey dudebro gamers who are obsessed with games that are based on violence, hence why those are the only types of games that win GOTY. Although I thought Bioshock Infinite should have won over GTA. **** that.

But yea. Nintendo made Nintendo Direct's as a way for them to introduce their information on their own terms. So considering we haven't gotten a character in over a month, Smash needs hype, and characters have been revealed in a Direct before, it's certainly not a bad thing if you're getting hyped.

In my own opinion, Nintendo has overall done a TERRIBLE job of hyping the game. Sure, we've gotten a steady stream of info, but there are just some weeks where we get absolutely nothing. It's getting close to a month and a half since we have gotten a character, so it's coming. It's either tomorrow, this week, or next week.

If you take that into account, it can be a few different characters here. It can be: Diddy Kong for Tropical Freeze info, Dedede or Meta Knight for Kirby information, Yoshi if they cover Yarn Yoshi, or something unexpected if pull something out of their butts.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I no i'm late but...

My reactions to the characters that swampsaur posted, if they make it in(some probably very different than all of yours)

Pac-Man:

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
*sob* I'd like to thank the academy...

Palutena:

Bowser Jr:

Tingle:

Hilarious.

Ridley:

Meh

Mii:

WOOOO! Let the butthurt begin!

K.K.Rool:

Nice. Congrats K.Rool diehards

Waddle Dee:

Cool wit me. I wanted Galacta knight, but he isn't as relevant anyway.

starfy:

Explains it all.

Paper Mario and Waluigi:

Everyone else I either don't care about or haven't played their game.

Additional:

Layton:

Lloyd:

Don't come near brawl you over-hyped trash

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
In before someone bashes S. Jones for claiming this game has been hyped terribly by demanding to know what other game gets screenshots of noses posted pre-release.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
do you know who I want? a certain Doctor that has dedicated himself to making your Brain smarter!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'm not really interested in more veteran reveals. If it's going to put heavy emphasis on veterans, I'll just continue sticking with Project M.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
well nintendo of Australia is saying this direct will cover everything up to august 2014! :eek:

Still wont get my hopes up, but that does seem possible for smash to at least be in there somewhere.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Veterans are most exciting to me not because of who's being revealed, but because it means we're getting the equivalent of two weeks' worth of regular pics. Plus, some of the new renders are pretty cool as well, and some veterans even come with new stages attached.

Italy leaks Cranky Kong on the boxart, Germany says stuff about Smash releasing in the spring, now Australia is commenting on the Nintendo Direct?! What country is going to flap its gums next?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Xenoblaze and BKupa nailed it right on the head.

If you really take a second and think about it, all of the character (save Toon Link), they're all supremely obvious. Every. Single. One. Guess what hypes a game more than a veteran character? A ****ING NEWCOMER!!! JJFGNUOIGHNTUGHIFOAGIA'DHKFH[UGHJFNGKN[TO.

DON'T ASK WHAT THAT LAST PART WAS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom