• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
[quote="Rebellious Treecko,

...I still can't believe you genuinely want N64 logo as a character in Smash.

-----[/quote]

BUT THE MOVESET POTENTIAL!!!!
And an antrhomorphic game console logo would be a new type of character for smash.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Sutte Hakkun would be a nice AT, his game is a pretty neat puzzle game.
Though all he does is suck the colors out of blocks. Maybe he steals the opponents special moves, making the opponent unable to use his/her special moves.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good afternoon all, hope you're all doing well. Well, we have our first assist trophy, Skull Kid! Quite a number to start off on, and I must say his model looks gorgeous. Crashing the moon down on people is going to be fun. I wonder though...could a Skull Kid Assist trophy possibly hint to Nintendo's big announcement tomorrow being linked to Zelda and possibly Majora's Mask? I don't know, but I wouldn't mind. Anyways, hoorah for Skull Kid.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Good afternoon all, hope you're all doing well. Well, we have our first assist trophy, Skull Kid! Quite a number to start off on, and I must say his model looks gorgeous. Crashing the moon down on people is going to be fun. I wonder though...could a Skull Kid Assist trophy possibly hint to Nintendo's big announcement tomorrow being linked to Zelda and possibly Majora's Mask? I don't know, but I wouldn't mind. Anyways, hoorah for Skull Kid.
You are right!
Maybe tomorrow Nintendo will reveal Majora's Mask 3D or U :0

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Hm...I didn't think of Majoras Mask being the announcement.

I don't know that I would say it'll be a huge announcement, but it will hopefully be something nice. If it's Cranky in Tropical Freeze, in front of a crowd of hardcore "I get a boner over violence" gamers, then they're officially lost it.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm quite sure that most fellas will be either removed or reprising their roles as ATs, just because Zard got into playable status doesn't mean ATs are in that side that much. I mean, Zard's just part of a moveset after all, and even then what could possibly make Sakurai considering 'em to the roster right before the game's development? Because even then there'd be plenty of leftovers which will be ATs (and I bet we see plenty back from Brawl). In anycase I just think things aren't changing here with a big chance, these guys are gonna be identical to what they were in Brawl in every way, except their models just look better and maybe they have more imaginative ways to attack or interact with the fighters.

Besides I just hate ATs in Brawl, I wish they're more useful and more intuitive instead of being merely ingame death sentences on characters we wanted to play as (for many) while feeling like cheap or really annoying pokemon knockoffs.

You can make me change my avatar to whatever you like if any ATs I wanted to see playable get into that spot.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
What is this big nintendo announcement I am unaware of?
Tomorrow Reggie has promised to give us a new look at an upcoming Wii U game at the Spike Video Game Awards. Could be Smash, could be DKC: TF, could be X, could even be something entirely new.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Tomorrow Reggie has promised to give us a new look at an upcoming Wii U game at the Spike Video Game Awards. Could be Smash, could be DKC: TF, could be X, could even be something entirely new.
seeing skull kid here, it also could be Majora's mask 3d Zelda fans are always crying out load about, . . . it is a possibity mate

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Miyamoto's new IP anyone?
A possibility, but it didn't sound like it was too far ahead in development. Then again, you never know with Miyamoto, one minute he states he wants to make a sequel to A Link to the Past, the next minute it's officially confirmed and shown, so yeah.

seeing skull kid here, it also could be Majora's mask 3d Zelda fans are always crying out load about, . . . it is a possibity mate
Certainly. Though I think it'd be the wrong time to announce it, two remakes in a row before the next new game would be kind of stupid. Not that I wouldn't love it.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
@Bidoof

Reggie is making an announcement at VGX tomorrow. The awards will be on Spike tomorrow evening.

I think AT characters will either reprise their role or be removed. The only real candidate to be playable in my honest opinion is Isaac. Everybody else can stay an Assist Trophy.

EDIT: Times attempted to post: 6

EDIT 2: Totally forgot about Little Mac. He and Isaac are the only two.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Oh boy, the disconfirmations will keep on rolling.

You said that sakurai is "going to crush our dreams" i'm assuming that your implying that he'll add another random character that nobody expected.

I don't think he will, he already had his laughs with the WFT rage.
He could add one more, you know.

I'm basically talking about him adding random characters people will hate on.... like if he adds diskun (sorry saturn) the internet will explode with rage. I certainly didn't expect WFT and she was hated on by alot of people outside these boards and still is sadly.

Attempts: 7
And the worst part is (if he made it in), a lot of Diskun hate wouldn't be based on his actual merits as an character, but because too many whiners (and keep in mind these wouldn't normally have an opinion on him in any other situation but that of him being in Smash 4) are quick to point fingers at him if he makes it in "over" many other more popular characters (and not every popular character will obviously make it in) even though outside of characters dut due to time constraints or characters confirmed in this hypothetical scenario to be left off because they Diskun instead, that argument would have no legitimate ground.

And this is coming from someone that doesn't support Diskun, but merely expect at least one more curveball character, probably in the style of R.O.B.

I only worry because she's really only deserving as a Kid Icarus character and not so much a Nintendo icon. I don't want to lose faith in her, but you have to admit she hasn't done a lot to earn a playable appearance as a Nintendo character over most others.
Honestly speaking, if Sakurai feels she is worthy herself, regardless of who does and who doesn't make it in, he will put her in, period. Personally, I have no problem with her being in.

Morbi

Scavenger
@Bidoof

Reggie is making an announcement at VGX tomorrow. The awards will be on Spike tomorrow evening.

I think AT characters will either reprise their role or be removed. The only real candidate to be playable in my honest opinion is Isaac. Everybody else can stay an Assist Trophy.

I agree with this sentiment. Isaac and Waluigi are the only characters that I personally think can become playable. Mostly Isaac, as I am starting to doubt an additional Mario representative. However, I will always maintain that Waluigi is the best choice after Toad.

Anyways, more on Skull Kid. I honestly wanted him, I wasn't delusional enough to actually proclaim that he had a chance to be playable. However, I did seemingly predict that he would be in the game. So that is enough for me as a Skull Kid fan. I will admit, I didn't think he would be an assist trophy. I have no idea what I thought he would be. It was more intuition than anything, I never really thought about it to much. So this was my favorite update.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
@Bidoof

What about Little Mac?

Morbi

Scavenger
What about Little Mac?
I forgot about Little Mac too, I just associate him as one of the most likely candidates. So I just don't think we should read too much into assist trophy status unless the character has something else going for them. I also forgot about Tingle (although most people think Zelda doesn't need a new representative). However, characters like Little Mac, Tingle, Waluigi, and Isaac actually have other things going for them. I believe that the notion of being an assist trophy is something that lends to your exposure. Characters like Saki or Starfy are more exposed, but they don't have a lot going for them.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It's not so much that they "ignore" the Melee opening as much as they pretend it's invalid for whatever reason.
Most common two being
1) "Differences in perspective to the camera for Samus and Ridley!"
2) "Brawl is more relevant and thus is the only thing that matters!"
3) "Smash canon (f***ing lol) dictates that Ridley's size will never change from his boss size."
4) Shokio *cue Groose's Theme* "That's not even, uh, like, a...a actual GAME model. Right, that's just three seconds of friggin' opening cutscene from Melee, and you guys actually bring that up like's it a valid...BUT I'LL GIVE YOU THAT." *insert overlying snarky text from Hotfeet here*

Morbi

Scavenger
3) "Smash canon (f***ing lol) dictates that Ridley's size will never change from his boss size."
4) Shokio *cue Groose's Theme* "That's not even, uh, like, a...a actual GAME model. Right, that's just three seconds of friggin' opening cutscene from Melee, and you guys actually bring that up like's it a valid...BUT I'LL GIVE YOU THAT." *insert overlying snarky text from Hotfeet here*
Well... to be fair, it isn't a game model, it would have been a valid point had he not immediately discredited the notion. Who knows what Ridley will look like on the 3DS, hopefully not much worse than Donkey Kong.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well... to be fair, it isn't a game model, it would have been a valid point had he not immediately discredited the notion. Who knows what Ridley will look like on the 3DS, hopefully not much worse than Donkey Kong.
Of course it's not a game model, but that's just a silly example of him moving the goalposts with his argument. He starts off his video demanding viewers show him where Ridley has ever been "not big-as-s***," then, bringing up his Melee cutscene appearance, shoots it down because it's not specifically a game model that's "not big-as-s***."

Morbi

Scavenger
Of course it's not a game model, but that's just a silly example of him moving the goalposts with his argument. He starts off his video demanding viewers show him where Ridley has ever been "not big-as-s***," then, bringing up his Melee cutscene appearance, shoots it down because it's not specifically a game model that's "not big-as-s***."
I am sorry, it has been so long since I have seen that video. I don't know what his point was; however, I do think it is important to note that if they do scale down Ridley there are bound to be discrepancies. I personally wouldn't care, but he isn't going to look as immaculate as he did in Melee.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'd really like for players to be able to fend off Assist Trophies. Maybe have a little health bar appear at the top of the screen as if they were SSE Bosses.
That would make them so much cooler to have around.

And pretty much all of the ATs were pretty balanced, none of those 1HKO type characters like a lot of the legendary pokemon have.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'd really like for players to be able to fend off Assist Trophies. Maybe have a little health bar appear at the top of the screen as if they were SSE Bosses.
That would make them so much cooler to have around.

And pretty much all of the ATs were pretty balanced, none of those 1HKO type characters like a lot of the legendary pokemon have.
I hated Andross in FFA, he was easy to dodge, but if someone pressured you into the blast... dear god. I like that idea though, especially for annoying ones like Nintendog.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Ridley has been Samu's size in Melee and the original Metroid. Regardless of reason it shows that Ridley's size isn't really an issue especially in a non canon game like Smash.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
That is honestly one of the stupidest things I've heard about Ridley in smash bros.
No, it's not a game model, but it's a model from FRIGGING SUPER SMASH BROS!!!!

So he is basically saying a model from smash bros that shows him fighting while NOT being huge, does not mean he can fight in a smash bros and without being too big.
So this idiot is saying that just because we say Ridley doing something, does not mean he can do it. THAT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL!!!

Plot Twist: Sakurai knows Ridley would be too big, but h adds him anyway as a HUGE character, twice as tall as Bowser.

Morbi

Scavenger
My Most Successful Prediction:
Toon Link

I was one of the only people refuting that fallacious argument that Spirit Tracks Link arbitrarily de-confirmed Toon Link. Believe it or not, most people at the time didn't realize Toon Link was predominately based on the Wind Waker design despite the Wind Waker taunt and the Wind Waker stage.

I am hoping that I was correct this entire time about the Q2 (2014) release date. That would be another great prediction.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
My Most Successful Prediction:
Toon Link

I was one of the only people refuting that fallacious argument that Spirit Tracks Link arbitrarily de-confirmed Toon Link. Believe it or not, most people at the time didn't realize Toon Link was predominately based on the Wind Waker design despite the Wind Waker taunt and the Wind Waker stage.

I am hoping that I was correct this entire time about the Q2 (2014) release date. That would be another great prediction.
My most successful prediction: Mario as a returning veteran.

But really, I thought the same thing about Toon Link.

And I also think Reggie will be in, and maybe N64 logo is some way, since my dream last night.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
While talking about Ridley character models, I started thinking about something.

Will Sakurai pull a Brawl and make every collectible trophy a model from an already existing game or characters in Brawl, or will he make completely new trophy models like melee.

I obviously hope for the latter.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The only thing worthy of making a big deal over predicting so far is Wii Fit Trainer. And to a lesser extent Villager.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't think I had the most successful prediction yet, but it will be floating ahead eventually. :awesome:
If you are correct on that notion... that would be the best prediction in video-game history, I mean seriously.

While talking about Ridley character models, I started thinking about something.

Will Sakurai pull a Brawl and make every collectible trophy a model from an already existing game or characters in Brawl, or will he make completely new trophy models like melee.

I obviously hope for the latter.
I hope for the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom