• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hey whaty about Ike? will he get dropped like Roy from melee?
There's that possibility, as much as I want to deny it.

Both Roy and Ike can return, much like only one or neither of them cannot.

And I really don't want this to become just another Fire Emblem discussion...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I just realized what this means for team matches.

Project M Zelda will be top tier assist with those steins Din's Fires.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
- One thing might be to reduce the size of those hitboxes. IDK for certain, I'd need to see the actual hitboxes myself.
What do you think of wall teching going away in favor of wall bounces. I always did love seeing wall bounces in combos.
Disabling wall teching during a portion of hitstun (first 1/3 to 1/2) would be interesting. You'd have wall combos but if you don't follow up quickly enough, or if you're too far away from a wall then you lose out on extra damage. It would bring an interesting stage control and interaction aspect imo.
Expect hand cramps.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
PM hits the peak of making fun of every fighting game in general.

WETHOUGHTYOULOVEDCOMBOSSOWEPUTCOMBOSTOYOURCOMBOSOYOUCANCOMBOWHILEYOUCOMBO!!!!!!!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The amount of happiness I feel for the next build of P:M right now is off of so many charts. In fact, there are no charts. They sank.

KJSNFIBENijbibdibadIBibIBIZDK! YES!

D

Deleted member

I have to say that the new addition to Project M is rather....

Though I probably wouldn't enjoy playing like that.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
^ Absolutely.

I wonder if PM could corporate something like that. Though I bet it'd be weird to see some characters that don't really "assist" given those sort of moves.

Lyn would be Sacaean Tier.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Waaa-BBLING Time. It's gonna be a nightmare. (-LvL-);;;

Yuui: Yes!!!! It'll be so Turbotastic, I'd get a Sugar Rush!

And since I have Colette Brunel-costume as an Alt. Costume for White Peach, I can say if I trained with her enough, you can witness a true...

Turbo Waitress.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Waaa-BBLING Time. It's gonna be a nightmare. (-LvL-);;;

Yuui: Yes!!!! It'd be beyond Turbotastic, I'd get a Sugar Rush!

And since I have Colette Erunel-costume as an Alt. Costume for White Peach, I can say if I trained with her enough, you can witness a literal...

Turbo Waitress.
This reminds me that I need to put this song on the Mario Kart stage. PLEASE, PLEASE HAVE SMASH TUNES, SAKURAI!

Zorua101

Smash Rookie
Hi, welcome aboard the boards!

As for the bold bit, I think shortie was just saying that people are requesting them just because they're women and nothing else. I support Dixie Kong and Palutena because I think the game does need more female representation, they also have alot of character and potential they can bring from their respective series. Sort of for the same reason people supported Krystal logically pre-Brawl (and still today, but Krystal's support is much, much less these days.)
I wasn't aiming the part you put in bold at Shortiecanbrawl, I was aiming it more at the people who always seem to be looking for an excuse to use the word 'vagina' and similar words.
Daisy has always been one of my favourite Mario characters, just so you know. I'm one of those rare people who thinks she's better than Peach. For one thing, she isn't a Mary-Sue, and she's more independent, since she only got kidnapped once (I think) while Peach gets kidnapped in almost every Mario game. >.> Dixie Kong and Krystal might be a good idea, too. I'm not sure about Palutena, since she's a goddess she might be a character who's so powerful it's unfair. Then again, I haven't played the Kid Icarus games so I wouldn't know, and they did add Mewtwo in Melee.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Well its not hard for characters in the Mario series to be better than Peach. Hell the only character with any sort of backsotry is Rosalina and Miyamoto thinks its too much story for some stupid reason.

On an off note, has anyone played Sticker Star? Does the game have any sort of plot at all?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
To be fair, the only reason Daisy manages to get away with the whole kidnapping thing is because she has yet to show up in another platformer adventure again. If she does you can likely bet she's going to get kidnapped again...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Falchion: As much plot as in recent 2D Mario-games.

No.

Sticker Star's so gameplay-driven, it pretty much feels like New Super Paper Mario: The Action Game. And by that, it pretty much throws everything out of the window that made last Paper Mario (specifically the RPG-titles) so great. Except the humor and the world. But we have more paper jokes? Even if they were just merely an aesthetic and sometimes a gameplay mechanic?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
On an off note, has anyone played Sticker Star? Does the game have any sort of plot at all?
Boring as hell with very little soul in it. The game takes a 2D Platformer approach by breaking things up into levels. The thing that bothered me the most was that you had no reason to fight enemies as you'd lose stickers while fighting. You didn't even get any experience points for fighting.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I was able to make a profit with gold by only using the cheapest stickers and stickers I found laying around

So, like the OTHER latest 3DS Mario, everything is based on getting money

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I figured as much. Hopefully Miyamoto leaves the story of Mario & Luigi 4 alone and lets Alpha Dream to their thing.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
It's even more damn irritating that we were supposed to get a proper sequel which would be based on TTYD. But Miyamoto looked through it and called it a "rehash", and asked the guys to do the whole thing all over again.

Just ****.You, for that. At least he isn't in charge of Fire Emblem or Mario & Luigi.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm not sure about Palutena, since she's a goddess she might be a character who's so powerful it's unfair. Then again, I haven't played the Kid Icarus games so I wouldn't know, and they did add Mewtwo in Melee.
Canon power doesn't matter for Smash. Ask Ganondorf.

Just ****.You, for that. At least he isn't in charge of Fire Emblem or Mario & Luigi.
If Miyamoto wanted something changed in FE or M&L, it would happen. He can ruin any game under the Nintendo banner if he wants to.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I wasn't aiming the part you put in bold at Shortiecanbrawl, I was aiming it more at the people who always seem to be looking for an excuse to use the word 'vagina' and similar words.
Daisy has always been one of my favourite Mario characters, just so you know. I'm one of those rare people who thinks she's better than Peach. For one thing, she isn't a Mary-Sue, and she's more independent, since she only got kidnapped once (I think) while Peach gets kidnapped in almost every Mario game. >.> Dixie Kong and Krystal might be a good idea, too. I'm not sure about Palutena, since she's a goddess she might be a character who's so powerful it's unfair. Then again, I haven't played the Kid Icarus games so I wouldn't know, and they did add Mewtwo in Melee.
Wow, sounds like something a real pudendal cleft would say.

Anyway, Peach and Daisy are both pretty terrible, so.

Actually, I kind of wonder what a roster would look like if you made an effort to add female characters that are not completely terrible.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
N30N: Woah, wait, really? I mean, Miyamoto doesn't own Fire Emblem. And I kinda have hard time believing he can mess with other Nintendo's properties aside from his.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I said I would probably not enjoy playing like that.
You'd still be wrong. Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

It's even more damn irritating that we were supposed to get a proper sequel which would be based on TTYD. But Miyamoto looked through it and called it a "rehash", and asked the guys to do the whole thing all over again.

One reason why Miyamoto's decisions need to be met with opposition. I think the big problem is that the recent Mario games are going for this super linear approach with it being entirely gameplay. I still think the Rosalina story was one of the best things Nintendo ever did - and boy did the music in the scene pull it off. I don't know what Miyamoto's smoking, but it might be time for him to retire.

Have him stay far, far away from story or especially character driven games. That reminds me, Awakening showed me how you can have the story aspect matter with the gameplay significantly thanks to the support system.
If Miyamoto wanted something changed in FE or M&L, it would happen. He can ruin any game under the Nintendo banner if he wants to.
As sad as that is.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I wonder if Miyamoto regrets building a story in LoZ (though I guess others had more of a hand in that).

Not necessarily directed at LoZ, but sometimes story does get in the way of gameplay.

Also GROSS, somehow "Yoshi" looks like "uncut" in the Roster Maker due to the little blue/red borders obscuring the names, lol.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
N30N: Woah, wait, really? I mean, Miyamoto doesn't own Fire Emblem. And I kinda have hard time believing he can mess with other Nintendo's properties aside from his.
At least FE is a first-party Nintendo IP. If he can step in and change one of Rare's then-upcoming IPs to Starfox, screwing with other IPs that Nintendo actually wholly owns should be no problem.

As sad as that is.
I appreciate what Miyamoto did for the industry more than anyone else, but maybe now it's time for him to step back a little more and take his claws out of every damn team at Nintendo.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
N30N: Exactly. His ideas work in the setting he had crafted them for the best and is known well with. But him shoehorning his ideals and directions to games is just... tyrant. Especially if the games had worked just well without him.

Essentially "ain't broke, don't change it to something else".

Zorua101

Smash Rookie
Wow, sounds like something a real pudendal cleft would say.

Anyway, Peach and Daisy are both pretty terrible, so.

Actually, I kind of wonder what a roster would look like if you made an effort to add female characters that are not completely terrible.
It just seems to me that Peach is so overrated. I don't really like her at all (Don't tell my friend I said that. XD).
If there were female characters who aren't completely terrible? And who would that be, in your opinion?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
N30N: Exactly. His ideas work in the setting he had crafted them for the best and is known well with. But him shoehorning his ideals and directions to games is just... tyrant. Especially if the games had worked just well without him.

Which is becoming a problem nowadays. Nobody wants to try and take risks anymore. Say what you will about Super Paper Mario but at least they were trying something different to see if it would work.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Yeah. Unfortunately, he thinks that the only time to create a new IP is if the gameplay/setting/etc. is absolutely nothing like anything that already exists. While that part is... alright, it also means if something slightly resembles an existing Nintendo IP, those characters are going to be shoved into it. Like Adventures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom