• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Waluigi TIME! I am starting to want him in. What kind of mechanic or flavor would Waluigi bring? Unwanted touching?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Waluigi's final smash should be to turn everyone else into Waluigi

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Waluigi TIME! I am starting to want him in. What kind of mechanic or flavor would Waluigi bring? Unwanted touching?
Sport's stuff. And dance moves, obviously.

But yeah, I can't believe I'm saying it, but he's KIND OF warming up to me. He's about 2/100 of the way there.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
True. But Chrom has the potential to be just as exciting as anyone else.

The argument that Chrom is too bland to make it in is absolutely ridiculous. Even if there was some sort of universal opinion that said chrom was boring (which there is not), the devs should be insulted that people didn't think they could make him exciting. Hell, if chrom is doomed what chance does little mac have?
Yes, Chrom does have the potential to be unique. And just because X character is bland (game/moveset wise), does not mean X will have no chance at getting in (or atleast souldn't be the deciding factor, but this is Sakurai we're talking about). The thing is, Sakurai could make anyone a clone, as easily as anyone could come up with a unique moveset for said clone *cough*Ganon*cough* (I mean coming up with movesets isn't too hard, even if it's just for fun). Both Roy and Chrom could become totally unique or a semi-clone (or like Lucas/Wolf) or something else even. Unfortunately, I don't work for Sakurai (or do I? mwhahaha) so I have no proof. Aaand of course this argument of "X character could be unique" and "no he can't, you have no proof" and "well you have no proof that he can't be unique" goes in circles...If I'm making any sense. =P

Well, at least this current Waluigi talk is uh not FE...I'm getting creeped out now...I may have to leave for a bit... :S

You just like dat red hair, admit it. :smirk:
Yes. And that headband. (*¬*)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Waluigi has grown on me. I would have refused him pre-brawl, but now I'd think I'd enjoy him. He's not my most wanted Mario Newcomer, but I wouldn't complain if he got in.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yeah...the thing about the Mario reps is that I am content with what we have now. Of course I'd love to see my most wanted ones (Toad or Bowser Jr.) however, I wouldn't complain if we don't get them. Others, however, might not like the idea of Waluigi getting in over a more deserving Mario rep (but I don't see this likely anyway). So I think that's where some of the problems are.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

<3

If Waluigi had a moveset of creepy, epic attacks like this Weegee instead of random sports equipment, I'd support him in a heartbeat.

Hickory

Smash Cadet
So not to totally necromance the Chrom conversation, but as badass as Chrom is I don't think we really need another sword wielder clone from Fire Emblem - particularly one who looks and fights almost exactly like Marth. If we want a representative from Awakening I think Robin (a.k.a. the Avatar) would be a better choice. Magic is a huge part the series, one that hasn't really been show cased in the Smash series thus far. He could even summon the Fell Dragon as his Final Smash.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So not to totally necromance the Chrom conversation, but as badass as Chrom is I don't think we really need another sword wielder clone from Fire Emblem - particularly one who looks and fights almost exactly like Marth. If we want a representative from Awakening I think Robin (a.k.a. the Avatar) would be a better choice. Magic is a huge part the series, one that hasn't really been show cased in the Smash series thus far. He could even become the Fell Dragon as his Final Smash.
Chrom is more similar to Ike.

AND NOW I KNOW THE ENDING THANKS!!!!!!!!

:(

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
<3

If Waluigi had a moveset of creepy, epic attacks like this Weegee instead of random sports equipment, I'd support him in a heartbeat.
So if Waluigi has a moveset which includes him ejecting a lightsaber from his crotch, turning into Giygas, turning into Fortran from Dian Shi Ma Li, etc...yep, I'd support him in a heartbeat too.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So not to totally necromance the Chrom conversation, but as badass as Chrom is I don't think we really need another sword wielder clone from Fire Emblem
Because all sword wielders fight the same right?

- particularly one who looks and fights almost exactly like Marth.

If we want a representative from Awakening I think Robin (a.k.a. the Avatar) would be a better choice. Magic is a huge part the series, one that hasn't really been show cased in the Smash series thus far.
Can't argue with this myself. If I had to pick someone from FE13, I'd pick Robin.

He could even become the Fell Dragon as his Final Smash.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGSiTXyBzk&t=0m6s

(goddamn, I'm gonna miss that show)

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So if Waluigi has a moveset which includes him ejecting a lightsaber from his crotch, turning into Giygas, turning into Mario from Dian Shi Ma Li, etc...yep, I'd support him in a heartbeat too.
Didn't watch the video before.

Now I have to!

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
So not to totally necromance the Chrom conversation, but as badass as Chrom is I don't think we really need another sword wielder clone from Fire Emblem - particularly one who looks and fights almost exactly like Marth. If we want a representative from Awakening I think Robin (a.k.a. the Avatar) would be a better choice. Magic is a huge part the series, one that hasn't really been show cased in the Smash series thus far. He could even become the Fell Dragon as his Final Smash.
I was about to ragequit as soon as you said "Another sword wielder" and "Exactly like Marth". Could have sworn you'd start hyping Micaiah.

BUT, I kind of agree with you. I feel Chrom and or Lucina would better represent Fire Emblem Awakening, but Robin is important too. But, Robin also wields swords. Sakurai could easily make him another swordsman.
I like the concept, though. Magic projectiles. Swords for close combat. Maybe even support units (Ex. Ricken, Kellam, Panne, etc.)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Mario was in Dian Shi Ma Li? I thought it was the completely original character Fortran. He pushes start to rich like a professional.

Hickory

Smash Cadet
I guess if Chrom replaced Ike I'd be down with it. I think I just want a little more variety from the Fire Emblem roster.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I guess if Chrom replaced Ike I'd be down with it. I think I just want a little more variety from the Fire Emblem roster.
No replacing Ike. People are already bitter that Mewtwo and Roy were cut. We don't need one of FE's most popular characters cut.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Most of us do. However, realistically most of the more potentially interesting Lords are just not all that likely.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
No replacing Ike. People are already bitter that Mewtwo and Roy were cut. We don't need one of FE's most popular characters cut.
I told you before, but karma is going to slaughter your hide if you keep up this charade up. It's better to just zip the lip and just take whatever happens for granted.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Mario was in Dian Shi Ma Li? I thought it was the completely original character Fortran. He pushes start to rich like a professional.
Damn I forgot...it is Fortran...Fortran, Somari...these totally original characters look awfully a lot like a certain Italian plumber from a series that those people who developed those bootleg games didn't totally rip-off the character from.

Btw, tomorrow I'm finally going to get...the...Vii U!

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If you do anything to Ike, maybe change his Down B and B move. His forward B is useful, but maybe would be better as a dash special with options. A press of A would cause a swipe and a jump out of the dash would carry horizontal momentum into the air.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hey Swampy, long time no see! :p

If Smash 4 releases in 2015, it will be WAA's 15th anniversary. A fitting tribute to him. :p

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey Swampy, long time no see! :p

If Smash 4 releases in 2015, it will be WAA's 15th anniversary. A fitting tribute to him. :p
I was gone for a day. XD But thank you nonetheless :p

Year of Waluigi?

D

Deleted member

Figures that people start to warm up to Waluigi around the time I'm ready to give up hope on him ever being expanded upon in the Mario (or Wario) series (not in Dark Moon, doesn't seem to be in Game & Wario)....
It may be coincidence, but it kind of feels like throwing salt on open wounds...
Who knows, maybe he'll be part of Dream Team, haunting Luigi's dreams. That's pretty much my last hope unless something else gets announced.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I really think someone at Nintendo has something against Waluigi showing up in anything except sports/party/kart spin-offs, or basically anywhere where a Mario roster needs filling out. It's a shame too, he could fit quite well in a Wario or Luigi game.

Not expecting it to happen though. Really him getting in Smash might be the only way to open more doors for him, but even then I'd say it'd be doubtful. :ohwell:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Figures that people start to warm up to Waluigi around the time I'm ready to give up hope on him ever being expanded upon in the Mario (or Wario) series (not in Dark Moon, doesn't seem to be in Game & Wario)....
It may be coincidence, but it kind of feels like throwing salt on open wounds...
Who knows, maybe he'll be part of Dream Team, haunting Luigi's dreams. That's pretty much my last hope unless something else gets announced.
He could be in Mario Golf 3D. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom