• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rolla Monthly II ft. Dart, Darkatma, Jace, etc. & $100 pot bonus for Brawl

Saffy

Smash Ace
2nd place will be like $30-40 I would assume.
You should come if you want to have fun and have nothing to do :D I do realize it's a long drive though ... D:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I have more constructive things I can do with my time. I was only going to go because Rob asked me super nicely by text and I was personally moved. But then I gave him my usual elaborate list of demands and he had to decline.

Oh and Strong Bad is legit as ****, that also was tugging at me

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
7 hours by myself is a bit much and I don't have a ton of money either. I'm not good enough to just walk into the tournament and assume I'm getting 2nd* because that would be silly of me and a discredit to players I've never played. That being said, I've played against some of the best MO brawlers from the KC/IA/MO circuit and I don't recognize most of you so.....

I don't really want to get into the politicking that is Nebraska rides, but once 5 people bailed on being our 4th, I texted like everyone and no one could go, even OOS peeps. we decided we couldn't really afford doing it. Plus there was worry about Yosh, the 3rd person's ability to drive, but I never sleep so it would have been fine. Concerns about legal plates were also involved in our decision, but that would have been a 70 minute detour.

A bit afterward Lux got back to me and said he might be interested in carpooling, however JBM was disinterested due to our scenes lack of interest and I assume made plans with a lady, so he was distracted. It really didn't have anythign to do with Lux's demands because they weren't discussed. Yosh has yet to get back to me since him and JBM said we weren't going when I originally said we weren't coming.

*Even though I will do my damnedest to make it seem like I will!

@Lux, I'm referring to if cook came, his MK is good, though idk if you had mk banned at your tourney and I missed those matchups.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Cook would have beaten me this weekend in losers bracket lol

I dropped game one

Then promptly JV 3 stocked him on my CP and 3 stocked him on RC. I bet he would have won on RC with MK instead of Olimar lol

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Saffy, you are too generous, you don't need to do that, I'm honored but I get the feeling if you keep doing this people are just going to completely take advantage of your kindness and walk all over you, not my style.

That being said if you would have offered earlier we would have totally taken you up on it, lol. Maybe next time, I'll plan on going to the next one unless it's on some day I can't for some odd reason.

Saffy

Smash Ace
It's okay. I'm just sweet like that :). I help people out. If you need help next time don't restrain to Msg me or anything!
though next time I doubt that there will be any pot money.
Sad I can't meet and play you:(.

:phone:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
We'll meet some day, I travel a decent amount to missouri and kansas so I'll see you at some other one or the next one of these. I shaved my head and my mustache off so if there's some balding fat man who plays :wolf: and :sheikmelee: you can just pretend he's me.

We practice melee a decent amount in Nebraska, tbh I'm the most sad that I can't make this because I think JBM and I could get top 2 in melee dubs though I'm kind of a scrub in singles and will get wrecked, results prove that. Despite a non-existant brawl scene in nebraska I'm a pretty good wolf, a tier or two lower than kain/seagull/holmes/semifUr but improving. I'm bad in brawl teams though, I don't play MK ever :p

Damn, I could use pot money, today (as in the 12th) is my like best friends birthday, shermanthetank, party.

Edit:
Megarobman teach me Sheik you beat me at BTEH2
Just throw full hopFF bair so people can't get inside you and platform camp a lot. Needles are cool too. The only reason I win is because of my spacing, once people get inside it's game over for me since I have no AdvTech skill.

You should go with Strong Bad and Jace to my tournament next weekend in Nebraska (don't make me plug it again,
man), that way i can show you!

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Springfield is going to have to cancel. My car isn't starting and my dad won't be able to look at it and fix the issue until next week because he's out of state.

I'm sorry we had to cancel at such short notice and I'm also sorry to the Springfield crew for the disappointment. This would have been an excellent tournament.

darkatma

Smash Hero
yeah i think we rented a car
also one person dropped out, so we have 4 people going instead
i guess no awkward teams situations for us lol

anyways we're leaving real soon, see ya'll there!

Terry

Smash Ace
I can't say hi to you saffy
sadface
This .

I offered to help pay any expenses if Roman wanted to try and fix his car but I guess it'd be too much hassle and we wouldn't be there in time. I had also thought of taking my roommates car but its very crappy and I would only drive it around town. Sorry Springfield. This would have been a pretty sweet tourney. And don't sweat it Roman, not your fault man.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Chris has a car but he's in Bolivar I'd give him a text Terry.
He probably would let you drive it IF you took him with you.
If you need his # text me.

Terry

Smash Ace
Chris has a car but he's in Bolivar I'd give him a text Terry.
He probably would let you drive it IF you took him with you.
If you need his # text me.
Lol why would I not take him with me if I was driving his car?

I'll have a car pretty soon, Dec/Jan/Feb, so we won't have to worry about relying on Roman all the time.

O. Well all yall are gay.

MISSIN OUT ON THIS FREE BRAWL MONEY.
You're gay, ho.

Someone should post updates on melee please?

Terry

Smash Ace
If we get the gym next pathways we can throw the ball around again, lol.

Stfu Chris. Always complaining that you need moneys.

Terry

Smash Ace
Yea, it suuucks. I wanted to beat you. And play Dart, darkatma and Jace. But really I wanted to eat BROWNIES. 8( and now I can't sleep!

Terry

Smash Ace
So Roman just called me and said he got his car to work. He wants to know when singles will start.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
AIGHT just called Roman
Springfield is coming

no dippin' for this tourney

Saffy

Smash Ace
SPRINGFIELD <3333333333
I hope you guys come. Are you sure Roman's car wouldn't start this morning because of the engine being cold? lol

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Maybe.
Not singles. Probably just going to play friendlies if we aren't teaming so I don't have to pay $10.

Top Bottom