• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rolla Monthly II ft. Dart, Darkatma, Jace, etc. & $100 pot bonus for Brawl

Saffy

Smash Ace
I mean, will it go 80/20, 60/30/10, 50/30/20. And is it for singles or doubles both?

I think I'll do 60/30/10 if that's fine with Adam. Unless 50/30/20 is what others want.

There will be $70 Pot for singles, and $30 pot for Doubles

And a Free entry $30 pot + Prizes (probably Pokemon , Nintendo stuff or video games) Random doubles or singles since I'm feeling generous unless people want entry fee's for that.

Or I could add that $30 to the others making it $80 for singles and $50 for doubles or $90 and $40 and then just do the random for the prizes.

Oh and please know the $100 will only happen if Kansas goes.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Just curious: how many brawl events are there going to be? It seems like there will be normal singles/dubs AND random singles/dubs. Will there be time for those 4 tournaments, the 2 Melee tournaments and to play friendlies?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Current gossip says:

okay quote and pyro can you meet mjg and I in olathe? We'll give you guys a specific time saturday morning soon
MJG and Quote play brawl so I guess that counts as Kansas. Also, Cook is from Missouri and is a really good player so it looks like it will be worth your money.

Nebraska is really up in the air, we aren't even sure if we have a car atm.

Last I heard fino didn't want to come because MK isn't banned, so that would impact Lux's ability to travel, but I don't know how far of a journey it is for those two.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Just curious: how many brawl events are there going to be? It seems like there will be normal singles/dubs AND random singles/dubs. Will there be time for those 4 tournaments, the 2 Melee tournaments and to play friendlies?
that really depends on the amount of setups

brawl and melee run separately for the most part anyways

Saffy

Smash Ace
No idea how many and if maybe some of the people at the college will join in.
I thought the Melee and Brawl tournaments will be running together meaning at the same time but separately. I'll see if I can get my laptop working to run TIO so it will be easier. I've been having problems with it though :/.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
uh yeah they'll be run concurrently. wth? i got this covered guys. Don't worry about itttt

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Maybe. MJG owes me $18 due to accounting error from my last tourney, so if I get that money from him I COULD go.

But then I'd have to wonder why I would ride 4 hours in a car to go to a tourney to lose to him when I can do that locally lol

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
There will realistically not be time for brawl/melee singles/doubles and brawl random ____

Maybe with 10 setups and good management, but that's pretty idealistic.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
That's usually the case if you don't win. If he wants to get better, that's a mentality he should have.

Saffy

Smash Ace
There will realistically not be time for brawl/melee singles/doubles and brawl random ____

Maybe with 10 setups and good management, but that's pretty idealistic.
But we don't know how many people will show up. I'm ONLY Doing random if there is enough time. I'm pretty sure if people play their matches when they are supposed to it will be just fine.
The only problem is when Melee players enter brawl or vice versa obviously and hold back matches.

I will for sure be bringing 1 full brawl set-up (And will need help carrying the tv ;=; ).
Also lux you should go it's about having fun not winning :D .

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lol im pretty sure only like 5 scrubs from the college will show up
you'll be fine

but you should do real tourney before the random stuff

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Unless Adam dq's people who are late, you won't have time after 4 events.

Winning = money = not wasting a spitload of money driving 4 hours to go to a tourney.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Unless Adam dq's people who are late, you won't have time after 4 events.

Winning = money = not wasting a spitload of money driving 4 hours to go to a tourney.
YET YOU WANTED ME TO COME TO SPRINGFIELD TO WASTE MONEY?
HYPOCRITE MAN.

The events are running together though, but whatever happens... happens?

I'll be back later I'm making brownies.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
YET YOU WANTED ME TO COME TO SPRINGFIELD TO WASTE MONEY?
HYPOCRITE MAN.

The events are running together though, but whatever happens... happens?

I'll be back later I'm making brownies.
You don't have a competitive mindset. What I said doesn't apply to you.

Terry

Smash Ace
I heard he was going to be in the area a while ago so I believe it.

Personally, I'm just glad I'll get to play darkatma, dart! and Jace.

AND OMG BROWNIES OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Saffy

Smash Ace
I think I will be there at around 10:50'ish tomorrow. I have to stop by the bank and stuff.
Hope to see you all tomorrow <3
And any matches saved on my wii will be uploaded onto Youtube ;3

DeLux

Well, since Nebraska isn't going, I'm not going apparently

DeLux

Brawl Singles

1. MJG
2. Strong bad
3. Quote

This will be both Quote and Strong Bad's breakout Brawl tournament.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Well, since Nebraska isn't going, I'm not going apparently
Yeah, I tried so hard to come guys, I asked like everyone I know, including people from Kansas and missiouri to car pool. I wish I could get that free 2nd place money but, ya know.

Brawl Singles

1. MJG
2. Strong bad
3. Quote

This will be both Quote and Strong Bad's breakout Brawl tournament.
Thank you, wanted to make a similar post.

Sorry guys but I'm taking 2nd.
Results

1. MJG
2. Saffy
3. Quote

Seriously, how has this tournament not gotten more hype for 100 dollars, I'm pissed that I'm not coming now that I know Lux/Fino/Cook aren't coming.

edit: yeah, I know, that 2nd place money when I took down Lux because I would have ended up carpooling (get @ me next weekend in Omaha :p It's pretty IC favored.)

Also I want to see Dart! and Darkcatma in action, they are both goood.

DeLux

Rob, why would you use beating me as a way to advertise your tournament.

Losing makes me NOT want to come :\

Saffy

Smash Ace
Ya guys are passing up on free money. Shame, Just give it all to Averil ;) I'm sure he appreciates your guys decisions.
Atleast I can earn my money back now >:]

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
If you haven't been reading everything, it's teh qwest for 2nd, no one is gonna beat MJG unless Lux grabs him 18 times and gets 18 stocks. MK being legal makes it even more difficult.

I would like to come but everyone is lame, or bailed, or super bailed after we got 4 people. I need snake practice for my own tournament next weekend (shameless
) and MJG could just beat me with his probably in tournament, 6 matches in a row if we met in winners and grands.

Also I'm an aspiring sheik and I heard there's a rumor going around there is a good one, maybe even a really good marth/sheik team...

Saffy

Smash Ace
I'll beat MJG... I heard he sucks <3

Is it that you don't have enough money to get there? or no ride/car?

DeLux

I would say that I have a 1-10% chance of beating his TL and 40-60% chance of beating his MK. His MK is sort of a crap shoot for the most part when we play, but his TL I think I can count on both hands how many games I've taken off of it in friendly settings compared to the probably 50+ we've played.

Top Bottom