• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarlR

Smash Cadet
I MIGHT be able to make it. But that's a very shaky "might".

I don't know what the situation is for other Uni students (like the Mikes, Sean, Karl, etc...).
I may have to sean choke you for this blasphemous mistake :mad088:

possibly thursday and friday there may be brawl / brawl minus @ seanz

KarlR

Smash Cadet
yea its pretty **** good song

EDIT: I am thinking of picking up an SD card for wii, any recommendations on brand/type?

JAPAN FOX

Smash Cadet
LOL it is funny i picked that one, basically just grabbed the first fox one i saw cuz i was tired of that part of my posts being empty lol.

EDIT: And apparently im addicted to that song, it was already one of my favorites without lyrics, now with the singing its even more awesome. I just played it like 10 times in a row XD. AND KARL WILL COMPLAIN IF THERE ARE NOT GRATUITOUS CAPS IN HERE SOMEWHERE.

JAPAN FOX

Smash Cadet
OMG JAPAN EVERYWHAR.
HEY GUYZ IM FAYMUS ON DE INTERNETZ.
THAT AND ITS FUN TO YELL "(possible SURPRISE) JAPAN -insert anything here"

Gerbality

Smash Journeyman
sorry, I haven't been able to make it to any of these lately, school has been pretty demanding. After this semester I should be able to make it regularly ^_^

does anyone know if there are any regular melee tourneys?

T-block

B2B TST
It's cool Ryan... We understand ;D

Regular melee tournaments are atm... not happening. There is hope that something starts up soon though. I'm sure you'll hear about it if we ever get something started.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
i should replace mike as white man host
hahahahahahaha... no.
Happy Birthday btw Jamie!

Also mike and I were just talking about crews next month and we're wondering would you guys rather have 2 big crews, or 4 smaller crews?

Based on past turnout 2 big crews would have 8-13 people and 4 smaller crews would have 4-6 or 7 people each.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
4 smaller crews, as long as I don't get ****ed over and get ****ty crew mates.

Diminisht

Smash Journeyman
Guys for crews, I think we should make like groups of 3. Like we were discussing a couple months ago. 3 man crews, and have a tournament like that. I think that would be sick.

T-block

B2B TST
It sounds interesting, but there are a few issues with it?

How would we decide the teams? If we let people choose their own teams it would be stupidly imbalanced, and I can't think of an easy way to assign teams that would make everyone happy.

As for 2 crews vs. 4 crews, keep in mind that with 2 crews there's a lot more hype. With 4 crews each person gets to play more, but with less hype.

KarlR

Smash Cadet
How would we decide the teams? If we let people choose their own teams it would be stupidly imbalanced, and I can't think of an easy way to assign teams that would make everyone happy.
pretty much this, my vote is for crews with more than 4 people in each, closer to 5 or more or something. i can't see 3 man working out

Limeee

Smash Champion
you would pick your own team for 3 man crews, but luke dan jack and mark all have to be on different teams

and saying its imbalanced is like saying dan and jack teaming in doubles makes it unbalanced (even though it pretty much is)

Diminisht

Smash Journeyman
Lime said exactly what I wanted to say.. but then smashboards failed and i couldnt post it. Heres what I wanted to say,

The thing is, in doubles, we all pick our own partners, thats the way it is, and it's technically imbalanced because for ex, Dan and Jack team. 3 man crews would be very fun, and the same as doubles, just count it as triples. everyone picks their own team and you have a tourny like that. I don't think dan jack luke and mark should be on different teams, i disagree. I think, it should be exactly like doubles, pick your team, double elim, go. It would be a blast.

T-block

B2B TST
Eh...I just can't see it being as hype, since hype will only happen when it's an even match. I know doubles is already imba like that, but do we really want another event like that?

brningpyre

Smash Lord
Well, if you want to balance it out, you could have power-ranked players (who show up) be team captains, and choose their teams (first choice decided by RPS, of course).

Of course, I think most people will be fine with simply choosing their own teams (the twins and Dim, for example).

Of course, the possibility of a Super Hensel Bros. team seems unlikely, no matter how we set things up. :(

Diminisht

Smash Journeyman
Well, I guess a team captain aproach wouldnt be bad.. if we have for example, 24 people show up, the top 8 in the power ranking will be captains, and they will select their team mates. But I think theyre would be less hype around that. I guess I'm biased, mainly because I actually have a team in place, but putting my bias aside, I think 3 man crews would be so fun. Can we maybe try it for one tourny? see how it plays out.

Limeee

Smash Champion
using power ranked players would be unlegit, mainly because the top 3 players still dominate the rest of us, and the fact that we haven't updated since last tourney

T-block

B2B TST
team captains wouldn't balance it at all... 8th/9th/10th would still lose pretty hard to dan's team =P

i'm fine with it though, if everyone wants to do it. i think we'd go with choosing your own teams though.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Maybe if Lethbridge can come this time (possibly), Boom, Alphicans and Kill can face me, Age and Mystic. =)

Frio

Smash Champion
Dear Peoplez:

I wrote a long *** paragraogh of my opinion about crews. Gowever, crashboards decided to be an *******.

TL;DR I think we should do just 2 crews

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
Im assuming this is going to be after doubles and singles ends.
So the teams should be based on the bracket and how well people did.

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
Two massive crews is the way to go I think. 3 man crews is just doubles v2, no hype, kinda boring, will end up on a custom stage for grand finals.... The last time we did crews it was awesome AND its easier for people to leave if they are getting picked up because there is not bracket to mess up.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
Two massive crews is the way to go I think. 3 man crews is just doubles v2, no hype, kinda boring, will end up on a custom stage for grand finals.... The last time we did crews it was awesome AND its easier for people to leave if they are getting picked up because there is not bracket to mess up.
This is one of the reasons we were thinking of doing 2 (or 4) crews in the first place, it would definately have more hype, however, it seems that 3 man crews is just as popular, if not more, than that idea. We'll see how many people would like to do a 3man crews next monthly or would rather do 2/4 crews in total. We'll see which method is more popular and likely go down that route. We know already which method you would like to do if you've already posted in here, but, if you change your mind later or haven't let us know yet then tell us which way of doing crews you prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom