• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robin Community AMA Thread.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Have any hobbies outside of gaming?

What game would you say has your favorite soundtrack to it?

What is your favorite Pokemon region?

If you could change anything about your characters you play in Smash, what would you change?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Care to list some of your favorite dragons from movies, videogames, etc?
I like most of the Dragon-type Pokemon such as Dragonite, Salamance, Altaria, Flygon, and the Latios/Latias duo. In the Fire Emblem series, Nasir is probably my favorite Dragon Laguz/Manakete out of all of them (as I'm not too fond of the typical 'dragon loli' that seems to be a staple of the series). As for other games, I like Paarthunax from Skyrim, Bahamut from Final Fantasy, and Ridley from Metroid. Toothless is only dragon that comes to mind that I really like when it comes to movies.

@ AustarusIV AustarusIV , what is your philosophy of life?
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." - George Bernard Shaw

Have any hobbies outside of gaming?
I like drawing, whether it's of making fanart for my favorite characters, or drawing out certain things for my current project at the moment. I've also developed a fascination with working in Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop, and am hoping to continue working in digital media after I'm finished with my GE classes. Years ago I liked playing the piano, but then I stopped playing it because of school.

What game would you say has your favorite soundtrack to it?
Final Fantasy VI, most definitely. Earthbound is another top-candidate, though.

What is your favorite Pokemon region?
Hoenn, which is strange for me to say considering that I wasn't really a fan of Generation III myself. It might be because I thought the attention to detail brought into the design of that world was really done nicely considering the hardware it was developed on. Also, some of my favorite Pokemon hail from that particular region, so...

If you could change anything about your characters you play in Smash, what would you change?
I would change Charizard's Side-B "Flare Blitz" into a custom move, and make "Dragon Rush" into his default. Other than that, I would make him more like his Project M incarnation, with a single neutral jab that works as an effective combo starter, a better airgame that doesn't make him feel so clunky (seriously, he's part flying-type!), his Fair having a fire effect, a higher initial jump, and overall less ending lag when he lands on the ground.

For Robin, I would just make them run a little faster. I'm perfectly content with how Yoshi and Captain Falcon are done in SSB4,

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So sorry for the late update.

INTERVIEW PERIOD #8: @ AustarusIV AustarusIV - Robizard shipper. As it was a tie, this was decided via random picker online. Sorry Gamegenie.

Ask questions to Austarus. This interview period shall end Wednesday, August 12th.
Don't worry about it lol. I ask my usual questions in a few hours.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Let's see...

Favorite game?
Favorite movie?
Favorite show?
Pet peeves?
Why did you become a Robin supporter?
Where does your username come from?
What do you do when life gives you lemons?

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Assuming you're excited for Pokken Tournament, which Pokémon are you most hoping to see get added to the roster?
If you won the lottery tomorrow, what would you do with the prize money?
What are your favorite book series?
If you could take one Japan exclusive game and bring it to the West, what game would it be?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Here's a few...

Favorite poet?
Least favorite musical genre?
What in the world was 'ArmlessPuppeteer' all about?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Who do you like fighting and hate fighting in smash 4?

You pay attention to the competitive scene at all and if you do whose your favorite players to watch?

How is your local smash scene in your area if you have one at all?

Any buffs and nerfs you would give to characters?

What attracted you to play Robin or any other character you play in this game?

PM smash 4 yay, nah or meh?

What is your favorite FE game?

Your favorite classes in FE?

Favorite weapon in FE (Version of a weapon like FE7 Brave Sword for example can use used)?

Favorite characters in the FE universe?

Favorite movie?

Favorite comic series if you have any/ read comics?

Immortality or Time Travel ?

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Let's see...

Favorite game?
It’s a three-way tie between Final Fantasy IX, Super Mario World, and Super Metroid. I thought hard about this last night, and I’ve come to the conclusion that I think FFIX is the greatest RPG of all time, and that Super Mario World and Super Metroid are the best designed platformers ever made.

Favorite movie?
Big Fish. When you watch it at first in the beginning, it seems like a decent enough movie, with its funny characters, quirky settings and storyline, and the estranged relationship between a son and his father…but when you get to the ending, you realize you’ve just seen one of the greatest movies of all time. I damn near cried like a baby when I first saw it, considering my own relationship with my dad.

Favorite show?
Tie between Avatar: The Last Airbender and Gargoyles, when it comes to animated TV shows. In live-action, however, it’s the new Daredevil series on Netflix, no contest.

Pet peeves?
I really dislike it when people talk loud in public for no discernible reason, especially when you’re trying to get some peace and quiet. I also despise people who express willful ignorance on certain subjects, especially when it comes to political matters such as environmentalism.

Why did you become a Robin supporter?
Long story short…one day, I got on a Japanese fansite that listed its predicted scores for potential newcomers, and I noticed that Robin wasn’t there at all among the listed fighters, s/he was instead listed among the potential NPCs and other minor characters. I was confused as to why they were there in the first place, and then I came to realize that they would make a great playable character because of their vast, untapped potential that hasn’t been seen yet in the franchise’s Fire Emblem representation.

Where does your username come from?
My name comes from an old worldbuilding project that I worked on during my high school years. Or more specifically, it was the surname of the protagonist family that my story mostly centered on. The word “Austarus” is entirely made up by myself. I merely took a few words and jumbled them together, trying to see if they sounded right to say or to hear, and decided if they would work in the project’s setting.

Assuming you're excited for Pokken Tournament, which Pokémon are you most hoping to see get added to the roster?
Heracross, or any other Bug-type Pokemon really. I’m surprised we haven’t seen one yet.

If you won the lottery tomorrow, what would you do with the prize money?
Pay off my college tuitions (because I’m dirt poor), and then I would save the rest of that money in my bank account.

What are your favorite book series?
I was a big fan of A Series of Unfortunate Events when I was young, but nowadays it’s hard for me to get back into it. Nowadays, I like reading A Song of Ice and Fire and, if you count graphic novels, Bone.

If you could take one Japan exclusive game and bring it to the West, what game would it be?
Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem. *sob*

What do you do when life gives you lemons?
Burn a house down with your combustible lemons?

Here's a few...

Favorite poet?
I don't really keep track of the poets that I happen to like, but I do remember having some fond memories of reading Percy Shelley's poems back in high school.

Least favorite musical genre?
I really don't like country.

What in the world was 'ArmlessPuppeteer' all about?
It's supposed to sound like something nonsensical. I tried thinking of what would be the most inexplicable thing imaginable for a username, and that's what I got back then. Yeah, in hindsight, I shouldn't have considered it.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Who do you like fighting and hate fighting in smash 4?
My blood boils every time I have to fight a really good Link or Samus player. I actually like fighting against other Yoshi, Charizard, and Robin players, especially when its during a mirror match.

You pay attention to the competitive scene at all and if you do whose your favorite players to watch?
Yeah, but it's not like I've attended any local tournaments yet. Mango and Abadango are two of my favorite players to watch in both Melee and Sm4sh, respectively.

How is your local smash scene in your area if you have one at all?
Well, considering that I live in SoCal, it's pretty strong. I still have yet to go try one out, though.

Any buffs and nerfs you would give to characters?
I already went over this, but I would like to make SSB4's Charizard more like his Project M incarnation so that he can be easier to use in 1vs1s.

What attracted you to play Robin or any other character you play in this game?
Even though I'm not a big fan of Awakening, Robin is nonetheless one of my favorite characters in the series and Fire Emblem is one of my favorite video game franchises, so when I finally got to see them in action after having supported them for so long during speculation, I wanted to add them to my list of mains for this game. As for Charizard and Yoshi, they're both some of my favorite characters from childhood, and they were already my mains in past Smash games in the series (Yoshi for SSB64, Charizard for PM). Captain Falcon is a longtime favorite of mine because of his quick reflexes and amazing combo potential.

PM smash yay, nah or meh?
Yay, even though I'm by definition a casual by their standards. Unlike Sm4sh, I haven't even considered the notion of going to a local PM tourney because I know I'll get wrecked.

What is your favorite FE game?
Fire Emblem 7, with Path of Radiance close behind it.

Your favorite classes in FE?
Wyvern Riders. So many absurdly powerful units in that class, along with some of my favorite characters in the series.

Favorite weapon in FE (Version of a weapon like FE7 Brave Sword for example can use used)?
Sol Katti. In Awakening, enemy units are often wrecked because of its absurdedly high critical hit ratio. In FE7, enemy units are often wrecked by...the not-quite-as high critical hit ratio, but is still absurd thanks to Lyn's high skill growth.

Favorite characters in the FE universe?
Lyn, Canas, Nino, Cormag, Ike, Jill, Robin (now that I realize it), and Mustafa.

Favorite movie?
Big Fish. :drflip:

Favorite comic series if you have any/ read comics?
I love Bone.

Immortality or Time Travel ?
Time Travel. I consider immortality to be a curse.

Last edited:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
What's your favourite weather condition?
What type of art style do you enjoy the most?
Seeing as you see the superiority in time travel or immortality, would you rather have to power to reverse time or stop time?

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
What is your favorite season of the year?
If you could be any superhero (or just have their powers), who would you choose?
What is your favorite music genre, and what are your favorite bands?

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
If you had the chance to play any game over for the first time, spoiler free with no knowledge about it, what game would you pick?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
What's your favourite weather condition?
I really like cool, cloudy days, when the sun isn't shining too brightly and the temperature isn't hot.

What type of art style do you enjoy the most?
I'm a big fan of art styles that push toward the animesque/Disneyesque approach, with bright, vibrant colors of varying temperatures to help create a powerful composition. Examples include the Wind Waker, Wakfu, most Studio Ghibli films, Avatar: TLA, the Firebird Suite from Fantasia 2000, etc. Most digital animation released this day and age also qualify as well. I'm not too big a fan of modern games striving to make their games "realistically brown".

Seeing as you see the superiority in time travel or immortality, would you rather have to power to reverse time or stop time?
Stop time, obviously. I could accomplish a lot of things in less than a millisecond if I could actually stop the progression of time itself temporarily.

What is your favorite season of the year?
Springtime. Best temperatures of the year, the time in which rain is somewhat common (apart from Winter), and it's also when I seem to have a good grasp on things regarding my schedule at college.

If you could be any superhero (or just have their powers), who would you choose?
Beast Boy. I mean, who wouldn't want the ability to transform into any animal of their choosing?

What is your favorite music genre, and what are your favorite bands?
I...don't really follow bands, sorry. But does video game music count? If so, then the Black Mages are my favorite band.

If you had the chance to play any game over for the first time, spoiler free with no knowledge about it, what game would you pick?
Skyrim. Or pretty much any open-world sandbox RPG for that matter. It's hard for me to get back into them when I know everything about the entire world like the back of my hand.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
If you were forced to become an animal of your choosing, and had twelve hours to convince ANYONE that you were in fact, not an animal and originally a human being, what animal would you choose to be and why?

Is there a video game character you would want to slap because they were making obviously poor decisions?

Would you ever want to have a moderator position on this site?

A group of people hold a contest, and gather 100 random people. You are one of those people. They hand each other you a slip of paper with two boxes. If you check the first box, you will receive (I'm unaware of your location, so this is US currency should you not know, or live in the US) 1000$. If you check the second box, you will only receive 10$. However, If more than 25 people check the first box, no one gets any money. No one but the contest organizers will know of your decision.. Which box do you check?

#Asking the real questions

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
If you were forced to become an animal of your choosing, and had twelve hours to convince ANYONE that you were in fact, not an animal and originally a human being, what animal would you choose to be and why?
This is a difficult question to answer. If you’re suggesting that if I were transformed into an animal at the spot where I’m at right now, or if I were suddenly transported into that animal’s native habitat and had to convince the locals there that I was originally human, than in either case I would choose a species that’s both intelligent and protected by conservation law. I might go for the gorilla because it’s extremely human-like in terms of appearances and behavior, and I could also use sign language to translate my own thoughts to others. Besides, there’s been cases done with orangutans and gorillas using tablet computers given to them at zoos, so if sign language isn't enough, I could show skeptics my knowledge of using human technology when compared to other non-human primates.

Is there a video game character you would want to slap because they were making obviously poor decisions?
Almost every damn main character trying to sacrifice themselves to save the rest of the party in Final Fantasy IV. Palom and Porom’s sacrifice is a disgustingly egregious example. After defeating Cagnazzo and reuniting with Cid in Baron, the party becomes trapped in the corridor as the walls close in on them, but there are two wooden doors that can easily be destroyed by black magic. So considering this party has two sorcerers capable of using black magic, do they try to use the spell “fire” on these doors so that they can escape? No, because all they cared about was the fact that the doors were “locked”. Hell, they even have two sorcerers who know white magic, so maybe they could have teleported themselves out of the castle instead, so that’s another option they could have considered. But no, Palom and Porom had to play hero and petrify themselves to stop the enclosing walls. I still love Final Fantasy IV regardless of these decisions, as it was my first Final Fantasy, but I cannot help but shake my head at what the writers were doing with that idiot ball.

Would you ever want to have a moderator position on this site?
Oh gods, no. I have enough things to fill on my plate in real life, I’d prefer not to add more. Though I suppose if I had more free time, I could try out being a group moderator. I mean, I already am one technically speaking, of the inactive Star Wars social group.

A group of people hold a contest, and gather 100 random people. You are one of those people. They hand each other you a slip of paper with two boxes. If you check the first box, you will receive (I'm unaware of your location, so this is US currency should you not know, or live in the US) 1000$. If you check the second box, you will only receive 10$. However, If more than 25 people check the first box, no one gets any money. No one but the contest organizers will know of your decision.. Which box do you check?
$10 is pocket change for me. I’ll take the risk and go for checking the first box, even if the chances of me getting that amount of money from the contest are iffy. There’s a good chance that a lot of people feel the same way.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
@ AustarusIV AustarusIV

What are some other Nintendo games (either individual titles or series) that you favor?
What are some non-Nintendo (not necessarily console either, it can be PC) games (again, individual titles or series) you favor?
A Song of Ice and Fire, Game of Thrones, both or neither?
If the answer to the above question is not neither, who do you think and hope (can be two separate people) will end up on the Iron Throne when all is said and done?
If the answer to the question above the previous question is not neither, R+L=J. True or False? (In your opinion)
If you had the power to add one character to Super Smash Bros who would it be and why?
If you had the power to add one Nintendo character to Super Smash Bros who would it be and why?
If you were given the option to live in any fictional universe, and be able to choose how you lived in that universe, where would you end up? (For Example: being an adventurer in your favorite MMO, or being the Dovahkiin in Skyrim) (Doesn't have to be video games)
What is your favorite color?
What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Do you like Warhammer 40,000? If so, what are some of your thoughts and opinions on it?
Callie or Marie?
Bread or Rice?
Cats or Dogs?
Pop or Rock?
Roller Coasters or Water Slides?
Marshmallows or Hot Dogs?
If you were to go out on a date with one video game character of your choice who would it be and why?
What are your general thoughts on Splatoon (if you have any)?
If you were to wake up as a video game character, who would you want to wake up as?
If you were to wake up as a video game character of the opposite gender, who would you want to wake up as?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
What are some other Nintendo games (either individual titles or series) that you favor?
Well, let’s see…

My favorite Zelda title is A Link to the Past, although A Link Between Worlds is catching up to it in terms of how amazing it is to play it.

My favorite Kirby game is Kirby Super Star, as it always has been since childhood.

Star Fox 64 is another one of my earliest childhood memories.

Of the Donkey Kong Country games, Donkey Kong Country 2 is my obvious favorite.

I also happen to really like Golden Sun 1 and 2.

What are some non-Nintendo (not necessarily console either, it can be PC) games (again, individual titles or series) you favor?
Skryim, Tales of Symphonia, Gargoyle’s Quest, Knights of the Old Republic, and Rayman.

A Song of Ice and Fire, Game of Thrones, both or neither?
Most definitely A Song of Ice and Fire. Years ago, I would have said the opposite, but in light of the latest season I’ve changed my mind and I now consider the books to be superior.

If the answer to the above question is not neither, who do you think and hope (can be two separate people) will end up on the Iron Throne when all is said and done?
I’m banking on Ser Pounce to win it all./joking

But in all seriousness, I’m hoping in vain that Tyrion makes it on there somehow. As for who I think will sit on the Iron Throne in the end, I think nobody. It’s more likely that the Iron Throne (and possibly by extension King’s Landing) will be destroyed by the end of the series.

If the answer to the question above the previous question is not neither, R+L=J. True or False? (In your opinion)
True.

If you had the power to add one character to Super Smash Bros who would it be and why?
Black Mage, for no other reason except for the fact that I love Final Fantasy and that I want a pure-mage in the series.

If you had the power to add one Nintendo character to Super Smash Bros who would it be and why?
Ridley. To hell with the haters, this character is one of my favorite Nintendo villains.

If you were given the option to live in any fictional universe, and be able to choose how you lived in that universe, where would you end up? (For Example: being an adventurer in your favorite MMO, or being the Dovahkiin in Skyrim) (Doesn't have to be video games)
I would like to be a dragon tamer, perhaps somewhere in the Fire Emblem universe. I’m generally fearless with handling reptiles, and dragons have long been a favorite of mine in mythology. I also wouldn’t mind riding one into battle if I were a playable unit.

What is your favorite color?
Green, the color of nature.

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
What do you mean? An African or European swallow?

Do you like Warhammer 40,000? If so, what are some of your thoughts and opinions on it?
I don’t know anything about Warhammer 40,000, sorry.

Callie or Marie?
Who?

Bread or Rice?
Bread.

Cats or Dogs?
Cats, even though my family has a dog.

Pop or Rock?
Rock.

Roller Coasters or Water Slides?
Water Slides.

Marshmallows or Hot Dogs?
Hot Dogs.

If you were to go out on a date with one video game character of your choice who would it be and why?
Jill, from FE9 and 10. Not only for being an awesome Wyvern Rider, but because I think she’s a nice girl with good morals once she gets some character development. There’s also :4robinf:.

What are your general thoughts on Splatoon (if you have any)?
I still haven’t played it yet, but I don’t consider myself to be in a hurry to go get it.

If you were to wake up as a video game character, who would you want to wake up as?
Charizard.

Nah, I suppose I would want to wake up as either :4robinm: or Bartz from FFV. Bartz is a pretty goofy character with a giant bird as his best friend, and I wouldn’t mind travelling through the world he lives in.

If you were to wake up as a video game character of the opposite gender, who would you want to wake up as?
Interestingly enough, :4robinf:. :laugh: If I’m going to wake up as a video game character of the opposite gender, she has to be attractive.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
@ AustarusIV AustarusIV
Who is that in your avatar right now?

Also,
Imperials or Stormcloaks?
Join the Dark Brotherhood or Destroy them?
Spare Mario Paarthurnax or no?
How did you build your character(s)?
Any mods (if on PC)?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
@ AustarusIV AustarusIV
Who is that in your avatar right now?
That's Jill, from the Fire Emblem Tellius games.

Imperials or Stormcloaks?
Imperials. Ulfric Stormcloak is a racist ******* and doesn't deserve to rule over Skyrim for his treatment against the non-human races in Windhelm. And considering that his actions may possibly end up helping the Thalmor in the long run...

Join the Dark Brotherhood or Destroy them?
Destroy them. When I first encountered them, I decided to join their organization out of curiosity, but then I grew sick of doing their missions and went back on an earlier save so that I could undo my previous choice.

Spare Mario Paarthurnax or no?
Spare him, duh. Why would I want to kill one of my favorite childhood icons? :p

How did you build your character(s)?
I usually just go through the randomization process in creating the appearance of my avatar, and then I start changing his/her characteristics I reach an appearance that I happen to like.

Any mods (if on PC)?
Well, I'm a big (casual) fan of Project M and its features. Other than that, I used to play Fallout 3 like crazy once I got hold of the nexusmods.com and started downloading all sorts of mods from that site. I feel that mods can enhance the experience of the player and breathe new life into games that would otherwise be made dated by the latest product of the week.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Imperials. Ulfric Stormcloak is a racist ******* and doesn't deserve to rule over Skyrim for his treatment against the non-human races in Windhelm. And considering that his actions may possibly end up helping the Thalmor in the long run...

Destroy them. When I first encountered them, I decided to join their organization out of curiosity, but then I grew sick of doing their missions and went back on an earlier save so that I could undo my previous choice.

Spare him, duh. Why would I want to kill one of my favorite childhood icons? :p
Excellent choices.
I wouldn't say the Stormcloaks are racist against non-humans. It's more like they're racist against non-Nords. They're just slightly less racist to other non-Nord humans than they are to non-humans.
I went through the Dark Brotherhood once and it was a painful experience. I've destroyed them with even more vigor every time since.

And to set the record straight, the entire Civil War helps the Thalmor. If it's left unresolved, it helps the Thalmor. If the Stormcloaks win, it helps the Thalmor because it weakens the Empire (the only force on Tamrial capable of actually doing something against them). If the Empire wins, it helps the Thalmor because the ban against the worship of Talos remains in affect. Which the Thalmor want because they're a bunch of crybabies and want everyone to die because they think they'll go back to being with the Gods again. Or something along those lines. I'll admit, I'm a little rusty on all of that. Helping the Empire win helps the Thalmor the least because you can hope that with the aid of a unified Skyrim, the Empire will be able to crush the Thalmor, or at least negotiate a better treaty, when the next war comes.

I usually just go through the randomization process in creating the appearance of my avatar, and then I start changing his/her characteristics I reach an appearance that I happen to like.
Actually, I was referring to play style build. Where you assigned perks and what trees you spec'd into.

Well, I'm a big (casual) fan of Project M and its features. Other than that, I used to play Fallout 3 like crazy once I got hold of the nexusmods.com and started downloading all sorts of mods from that site. I feel that mods can enhance the experience of the player and breathe new life into games that would otherwise be made dated by the latest product of the week.
Damn straight they do.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Actually, I was referring to play style build. Where you assigned perks and what trees you spec'd into.
In that case, in RPGs I prefer to play as ranged characters who fight from a long distance away. In my first playthrough with Skyrim, I assigned all the necessary perks into the trees that made my Argonian into a deadly archer who also happens to be a cunning thief.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
What's your favorite non-FE SRPG?
Revenge of Meta Knight or Great Cave Offensive?
What made you decide to pick up Robin?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
What's your favorite non-FE SRPG?
I admittedly haven't played very many SRPGs that tickle my fancy, for most of them ended up leaving a mediocre impression on me when I first played them (e.g. Disgaea, Final Fantasy Tactics, etc.). But there is one non-FE strategy game that I happen to really, really like when I first played it on Steam: Crusader Kings II.

Revenge of Meta Knight or Great Cave Offensive?
Great Cave Offensive FTW. I actually love playing on that stage more than the Halberd in SSB4.

What made you decide to pick up Robin?
Robin was one of my top picks for SSB4 newcomers during speculation, and a seriously major source of hype for me when s/he was confirmed to be playable. Besides the Wyvern Rider class in Fire Emblem, I've always had a soft spot for classes that utilize both physical weapons and magic in the series because of their versatility in combat, so to finally have the chance to use Fire Emblem magic in Smash was another factor in my decision to play as him/her.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've got some questions.
1. What is the worst game that you've ever played?
2. If you can change one thing about Smash 4, what would it be and why?
3. Have you entered a tournament before? If so, how was it and how were your results?
4. If there was one feature you could add into Fire Emblem, what would it be and why?
5. Who is your favorite video game character?
6. Is there a video game series that you want to get introduced to?
7. Worst movie you've seen?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I've got some questions.

1. What is the worst game that you've ever played?
There was this one time where I got an obscure Mickey Mouse game for the GameCube, which basically revolved around Mickey being trapped in a “mirror world” version of his house by an evil spirit. It was one of the first GameCube games I got as a kid so I didn’t quite know what to expect while playing it, but I loved Disney and puzzle-solving, so it had to be fun, right? Well… my memories playing it back then are now vague, but I do remember absolutely hating the unresponsive controls as I tried directing Mickey around the house, even in spite of the incredibly obvious traps (which, by the way, were just cutscenes that could be viewed again and again) that he would idiotically walk into.

The places that you could visit within Mickey’s house didn’t offer anything substantial and felt like they were just put in there to pad the game’s length. The evil spirit hardly even showed up for that matter! Which, by the way, turned out to be just an innocent and friendly ghost who wanted someone to play with him…or not, if you happen to choose to stay behind, he goes back into being a jerk. So there’s not even a moment of tension where you feel like Mickey’s in danger of being trapped forever. When I was looking up the Wikipedia article of this game, I could not believe my eyes when I saw that Shigeru Miyamoto was one of the producers for this game. He sure has hell must have been sleeping on this game’s development if he really was involved in it.

2. If you can change one thing about Smash 4, what would it be and why?
I would get rid of Trash Tour in the Wii U version, and replace it with a beefed-up Smash Run with more areas to explore along with online playability.

3. Have you entered a tournament before? If so, how was it and how were your results?
No, unfortunately. I would like to, but right now the chances of me joining one at this moment are slim-to-none thanks to my college schedule.

4. If there was one feature you could add into Fire Emblem, what would it be and why?
I don’t really have any ideas on potential gameplay mechanics, but one thing I would like to see is a change in setting from the pseudo-medieval time period that’s prevalent in the series. Now bear with me on this: I don’t want a Fire Emblem game set in modern times, nor do I want one set in the future like those discarded plots for Fire Emblem Awakening’s development. I want there to be a Fire Emblem game set during ancient times, in a setting much like classical antiquity (ex. Ancient Greece) and the ancient Near East (ex. Ancient Persia). There’s a lot of things to explore in using such an underdeveloped setting, like for example: the convoluted politics between rival city-states, the development in all sorts of ancient and forgotten weapons (Greek fire anyone?), aggressive deities and the cities they’re patrons of, and the complex topography of this part of the world that could make for some interesting chapters to play through.

5. Who is your favorite video game character?
Vivi Ornitier. Most badass black mage of all time.

6. Is there a video game series that you want to get introduced to?
At this point, I want to cut down on playing video games because of my pursuit for my dream career…although I am curious in trying out the game Splatoon.

7. Worst movie you've seen?
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and Disney’s Chicken Little are two of my most hated movies of all time. The animated character designs for those movies are just hideous.

dollaBillz

CWRU Smash 4 TO
(I'm new to this forum, sorry if my questions are dumb)
@XenoBrawler610
1. I love Robin, but why do YOU personally think I should switch to maining Robin?

2. What do you think is the most important thing to practice while learning Robin? I've been focusing on d-throw and Arcfire setups.

D

Deleted member

I WON? WHOA!

I will answer your questions over time! Ask me anything!

(I'm new to this forum, sorry if my questions are dumb)
@XenoBrawler610
1. I love Robin, but why do YOU personally think I should switch to maining Robin?

2. What do you think is the most important thing to practice while learning Robin? I've been focusing on d-throw and Arcfire setups.
1. I say you should switch to Robin if you love the character(s) and/or if you love their play style. Admittedly, Robin takes a lot of work to put in, but the rewards are great. In the hands of someone who can proficiently use the Tomes and Levin Sword, Robin is one of the toughest characters to fight against. However, it boils down to if you like the play style, but I say go for it.

2. What do I think is most important... hmm... I have to say knowing when to use your items. I've seen people who purposefully have Nosferatu get to its last use, use Nosferatu, take the book, and then use it later. The books are one of the most scary things about Robin because its KO potential is amazing. Also, create situations or practice with others to know when it would be wise to use Thunder and Arcfire and when you should use the Bronze Sword and Levin Sword. To play Robin, you need to think like a Tactician; create some situations to devise new strategies!

Though, as @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A suggested, you should probably take it to the Gameplay Question thread for a more professional opinion. I just hope that I can help to the best of my ability.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
- Favourite/least favourite Ace Attorney case?
- Favourite/least favourite Ace Attorney character?
- Have you been following the information on the new Ace Attorney game (Dai Gyakuten Saiban)? If so, what are your thoughts on it so far?
- Similar question on FE14: how many spoilers have you allowed yourself to see? None at all, a few sneak peeks, or have you spoiled yourself on everything? What do you think of the game from what you've seen and heard so far?
- What draws you to Luigi, as a character and/or Smash fighter?

dollaBillz

CWRU Smash 4 TO
@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A
Thanks for pointing me over there, I'll have to read and see what I can learn!

@XenoBrawler610
Thanks so much for answering my questions! I really appreciate your insight and was looking for your personal answer rather than the general "go-to" answer, which I got. ^_^ Next time I practice Robin (almost certainly tonight, after I get home from work. the thirst is strong) I'll have to practice planning when my items break and catching/using them to their full potential

Top Bottom