• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robin Community AMA Thread.

D

Deleted member

- Favourite/least favourite Ace Attorney case?
- Favourite/least favourite Ace Attorney character?
- Have you been following the information on the new Ace Attorney game (Dai Gyakuten Saiban)? If so, what are your thoughts on it so far?
- Similar question on FE14: how many spoilers have you allowed yourself to see? None at all, a few sneak peeks, or have you spoiled yourself on everything? What do you think of the game from what you've seen and heard so far?
- What draws you to Luigi, as a character and/or Smash fighter?
  • It's hard to say what my favorite Ace Attorney case is. More specifically, I love 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 1-5, 2-2, 2-4, 3-5, and the DLC case in Dual Destinies, so it's hard to choose which. As for my least favorite case... I hate, hate, hate, HATE 2-3, Big Top Turnabout. It made no sense and the whole case annoyed me.
  • My favorite Ace Attorney character is honestly Phoenix Wright. I love how he progresses in every game and how he learns a lesson through each case. At the end of the third game, we see how far he's come since the beginning. To be honest, I would put him within my top 10 favorite video game characters because he is just that good. I also love characters like Maya, Edgeworth, and Gumshoe for example. My least favorite character... I am not a fan of the Tanooki guy in 5-2, I don't like Morgan Fey, and I hate everyone in 2-3. However, my least favorite character by far is Dahila Hawthorne.
  • I haven't followed the news on it because I fear spoilers and I don't know where to look for news. Do you have a spoiler-free link?
  • I have followed some news on Fates and I inevitably saw some spoilers. What I know is...
The Owain, Severa, and Inigo expies are actually them, the Tharja, Gaius, and Cordelia expies are reincarnations of them, every single playable unit, Kamui is a reincarnation of Robin in the bad future, and I think that's it.

I have been trying to avoid spoilers like they are the plague. I want to be surprised in the story. So far, I think the game looks good, I enjoy what I've heard so far in the soundtrack, and it improves what was wrong in Awakening. I am very, very mixed on the stripping and Fire Emblem-Amie stuff.
  • That's a long story! All right. I am the youngest in my family and I am the only one who really plays video games. One day I was playing Mario Golf and I thought Luigi's Bogey animation was pretty funny, so I decided to play as him more in not just that game, but other games as well. Over time when Luigi was gaining character development, I started to relate to him more as a character, going as far as to say that I was the "Resident Luigi" in a group of friends. He was my childhood hero growing up and he is still that to this day. I mostly feel like I am in the shadows like him, I am a bit awkward, and I am very shy like he is (these reasons are also why I dub myself as "The Mysterious Smasher"). I especially loved him in Dream Team, where he shows how much he cares for his brother and his growth as a character. To this day, he still makes me smile with his hilarious antics. Nothing will replace Luigi as my favorite video game character and I will play as him no matter what. And, in Smash, his play style fits like a glove. I love comboing characters and punishing players for their mistakes, something Luigi excels in. He is honestly the perfect character for me and no one can replace him. He's a part of who I am as a person.
@XenoBrawler610
Thanks so much for answering my questions! I really appreciate your insight and was looking for your personal answer rather than the general "go-to" answer, which I got. ^_^ Next time I practice Robin (almost certainly tonight, after I get home from work. the thirst is strong) I'll have to practice planning when my items break and catching/using them to their full potential
Thanks! I am glad that I was able to provide some help! :)

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I haven't followed the news on it because I fear spoilers and I don't know where to look for news. Do you have a spoiler-free link?
Honestly I've been mostly avoiding it myself for much the same reason :p The closest thing I can think of is possibly http://court-records.net, though their forum for the game is pretty quiet (presumably because of the lack of an English release, or even any information on one - people are already talking about another fan translation).

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
When did you first start playing Smash Brothers competitively?

D

Deleted member

When did you first start playing Smash Brothers competitively?
I kinda started during Brawl's lifetime, around 2010 I think? I played on competitive stages with no items with friends. However, I wouldn't count that because I didn't get a Smashboards account, I didn't know much about Brawl's competitive scene (aside from Meta Knight getting banned), and I didn't enter any tournaments.
I would say around when Smash 4 was released, when I started to take competitive Smash a lot more seriously and get involved.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hiya Xeno!

What's your favorite Mii Fighter costume?

If you could travel to the past or the future, which would you choose?

Super strength, or Super smarts?

D

Deleted member

Hiya Xeno!

What's your favorite Mii Fighter costume?

If you could travel to the past or the future, which would you choose?

Super strength, or Super smarts?
1. I don't really have a favorite Mii Fighter costume, but Zero and King K. Rool look amazing.

2. The past. I want to correct some things that I have done wrong.

3. Super smarts definitely! :)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
@XenoBrawler610
If you had 2 fish and you took away one, what's your favorite moment in an Ace Attorney game?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@XenoBrawler610
If you had 2 fish and you took away one, what's your favorite moment in an Ace Attorney game?
Hmm... that's tricky...
I liked the moment when Phoenix used the metal detector on Manfred to convict him of the DL-6 Incident, anything involving the secret weapons in the first Ace Attorney (those moments were hilarious, especially with Missile), when Franz came in to save the day and presented some evidence at the end of 2-4, any breakdown (especially Dahlia's), controlling Edgeworth in 3-5, convicting Godot of the crime in 3-5, convicting Ted Tonate in 5-1, and "The Dissin' of Phoenix Wright" in the DLC case.

If you want my absolute favorite moment, it's when Phoenix cross-examined the parrot in 1-4. I was just hoping it would happen and I was laughing throughout. It was at that moment when I became a fan of this series.

There are a lot of other good moments, but those stood out to me.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Here's my questions that i ask everyone @XenoBrawler610

Who do you like fighting and hate fighting in smash 4?

You pay attention to the competitive scene at all and if you do whose your favorite players to watch?

How is your local smash scene in your area if you have one at all?

Any buffs and nerfs you would give to characters?

What attracted you to play Robin or any other character you play in this game?

Your characters best and worst MU's?

Anything that irk you about what people say about your character?

PM smash 4 edition yay, nah or meh?

What is your favorite FE game?

Your favorite classes in FE?

Favorite weapon in FE (Version of a weapon like FE7 Brave Sword for example can use used)?

Favorite characters in the FE universe?

Favorite movie?

Favorite video game series and developer studios?

Favorite comic series if you have any/ read comics?

Favorite food?

Favorite music?

Immortality or time travel ?

That is all i have to ask ATM.

D

Deleted member

Here's my questions that i ask everyone @XenoBrawler610
All right!

Who do you like fighting and hate fighting in smash 4?
I enjoy fighting other Luigi players. I like to see what they can do with the character. Falcon dittos are also fun to have.
Who I hate? I've grown a hatred for Zero Suit Samus lately and her paralyzer, Sheik and everything about her, and Mega Man is the most annoying character in the game (LEMONS FOR DAYS).

You pay attention to the competitive scene at all and if you do whose your favorite players to watch?
I pay attention to a handful of people, mainly people who main my characters. For Luigi, it's Poke, J. Miller, and Boss. Of course I watch ESAM for his Pikachu, but he's probably my favorite person to watch in Smash 4.
I also watch a bit of competitive Melee, but I have no plans on entering it.

How is your local smash scene in your area if you have one at all?
I have one that is about 30 minutes away and there were 42 people who entered it last time. There is another one tomorrow, but I might not go because I am not in the mood as much. There will be another one a week after where I can prepare myself.

Any buffs and nerfs you would give to characters?
I would just nerf Sheik some more. As a player, she's annoying to fight. As a spectator, she is annoying to see.
As for buffs, I am a fan of keeping the strong the way they are and just buff the weak. I think there can be some potential for characters like Charizard and Zelda if they had the appropriate buffs.

What attracted you to play Robin or any other character you play in this game?
When it comes to any character from any fighting game, I am attracted to them if I like them as a character. I wouldn't main a character because they are the best; no matter the tier, I play as them (admittedly, I had a Meta Knight in Brawl but I didn't know much about Brawl's competitive scene). Some friends mentioned that I should secondary Sheik or Rosalina, but I won't do it because I don't care for those characters in their respective games.
So I find a character I like and see if I like their play style. If I do, I play as them some more and I do well with them, I consider maining them or have them as a secondary or a pocket character.
In terms of Robin, I loved the character in Awakening, his play style attracted me, I did pretty well with him in a couple of matches. As a result, I started to have him around as a secondary main. My favorite part about Robin is that any move you make is critical and you need to be wise with your moves. Having his play style is very refreshing in Smash.
For my other mains, like Luigi and Pikachu, I enjoy their punish and combo games, I do pretty well with them, and I love them as characters.

For other games, like UMvC3 and USF4, I pick characters in the same manor, but add in the fact that their inputs aren't too complex.

Your characters best and worst MU's?
I'm not too sure about Pikachu's match-ups yet, but he does well against a good portion of the cast.
Luigi, too, but he has tricky with characters that can camp him. My least favorite MU is Luigi vs. Mega Man; that matchup is like 70:30 Mega Man since he can prevent Luigi's combo game and a down throw to Cyclone kills at 172% from what I last checked.

Anything that irk you about what people say about your character?
Anything about nerfing Luigi makes me cry because he doesn't need to be nerfed to oblivion like Diddy Kong and Sheik. He's top 10 for sure, but he isn't offensive like those two are. Once you figure out how to prevent his punish game and to gimp him off stage, he isn't much of a problem. I also blame the opponent if he manages to get to 50%-70% because he is a punish character; it's what he does best. The worst I've seen was when people call him braindead... that's honestly very hurtful because it's like my skill is disregarded.
I've also seen some people say Pikachu needs nerfs... even though he doesn't need any.

PM smash 4 edition yay, nah or meh?
No. Smash 4 is fine as it is, we don't need a PM for it.

What is your favorite FE game?
Awakening. I wish I could play Path of Radiance, but the prices are ridiculous.

Your favorite classes in FE?
I have to say the Tactician for how versatile and balanced it is. I value balance a lot when it comes to any game. Other than that, I have to say the Swordmaster and Dark Mage classes are pretty cool.

Favorite weapon in FE (Version of a weapon like FE7 Brave Sword for example can use used)?
I enjoy tomes quite a lot. I like attacking from up close and at a distance with them.

Favorite characters in the FE universe?
Robin is my favorite character in all of Fire Emblem, but Lyn comes in second. I also like characters like female Morgan, Owain, Lon'qu, and Tharja.

Favorite movie?
The Social Network!

Favorite video game series and developer studios?
My favorite video game series is Mario. I've grown with Mario and many of his games are very solid to outright incredible.
My favorite studio is really Nintendo as a whole. I love the company to death. I wouldn't be here nor the person I am today without them. I owe them a lot.

Favorite comic series if you have any/ read comics?
I don't read comics. Sorry!

Favorite food?
Hmm... probably filet mignon.
I also enjoy shrimp and burgers.

Favorite music?
I don't have a favorite genre, but I enjoy video game music. I love songs like the Zelda theme, Bob-Omb Battlefield, You Will Know Our Names, the Smash 4 Theme, Id~Purpose, Pursuit ~ Cornered, and Chemical Plant Zone for example.

Immortality or time travel ?
Time travel. I gain nothing through immortality and I wish I could change a bit of my past.

Favorite Boss Fight of All Time
My favorite boss fight...
Something involving Ganondorf for sure. His fight in Ocarina of Time was incredible and while his Twilight Princess fight was too easy, it was still enjoyable.

D

Deleted member

@XenoBrawler610, what is your philosophy of life?
That's a very, very deep question.

I just say to live life to it's fullest and have some fun while you're at it. Make some relationships, forge some bonds, and keep them close to you. If you have done something wrong in your life, don't let it haunt you; you always have a chance to redeem yourself for your wrongdoings.

I hope that answers your question. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
If Nintendo were to suddenly agree with the popular opinion of Luigi being brain dead (which to clarify I do not think, though I still don't like fighting him) and completely disable/severely nerf his grab, but as a compromise, made his up B kill much earlier and easier to land would you still use him?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Nintendo were to suddenly agree with the popular opinion of Luigi being brain dead (which to clarify I do not think, though I still don't like fighting him) and completely disable/severely nerf his grab, but as a compromise, made his up B kill much earlier and easier to land would you still use him?
I am loyal to Luigi; he is my favorite video game character. I will use him no matter if he gets buffed or nerfed.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
What video game soundtrack do you like most overall?

If you had an option to play over a game for the first time and spoiler free, what game would you play?

Do you have a favorite color?

If you change anything about your characters you play in Smash, would you change anything?

D

Deleted member

What video game soundtrack do you like most overall?
I love the soundtracks to games like Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Smash 4, Kid Icarus: Uprising, among others.
My favorite soundtrack has to be Xenoblade Chronicles. 99% of the soundtrack is amazing and the compositions in the game are incredible.

If you had an option to play over a game for the first time and spoiler free, what game would you play?
Hmm...
Xenoblade Chronicles, because playing it for the first time with it's story and gameplay amazed me. It was less of a game and more of an experience, a fantastic fantasy journey. If I could relive that again, I would.
Second would be the Phoenix Wright Trilogy for those games amazing stories.

Do you have a favorite color?
Yes!
It's green. :4luigi:

If you change anything about your characters you play in Smash, would you change anything?
Luigi: I wish his back throw had it's kill power like in Brawl and I wish that he had some better air speed.
Pikachu: I can't complain. He's perfect as is. Maybe give him more kill power?
Little Mac: I can't say much on him either, maybe improve his recovery.
Robin: That ground speed is pitiful at times. I would give back throw some more knockback as well.
Shulk: Give him less endlag on his attacks. It's absolutely horrendous.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Okay, now that I'm here...

Is there a particular video game or video game series you really want to get into?

What is the worst game you’ve ever played?

What is the worst movie you’ve ever seen?

What got you into becoming a Xenoblade fan?

What is your favorite/most memorable Smash moment?

Favorite Pokémon gen?

Favorite Eeveelution?

Favorite TV show?

Do you have any favorite books?

D

Deleted member

Okay, now that I'm here...

Is there a particular video game or video game series you really want to get into?
As of recent, not really. I've been trying to get into Street Fighter with Ultra Street Fighter IV, but I am terrible at the game.
I might give Metroid another chance, though.

What is the worst game you’ve ever played?

I've played objectively worse games, such as Sonic 06 and Sonic Labyrinth. However, Sticker Star is by far the worst game that I've played because, unlike the other two, I had some expectations... and they weren't met.
The combat is much worse with the stickers, limiting the amount of times you can use the moves. Bosses were difficult, mainly because they required a specific Thing to use (like scissors) and if you get the wrong one, the battle is significantly harder. There are no partners like in the previous Paper Mario games, which added to the strategy and combat of the games. There is no story and not many unique characters, which is bad considering that the Paper Mario games are more story driven (especially Super Paper Mario, which is one of the darkest Mario games ever). My biggest complaint is that the battles could easily be avoided; you don't really get money from battling and there is no EXP, meaning that two major aspects of an RPG are eliminated.
EDIT: And apparently some parts are stupidly cryptic. From what I've heard, you need a bowling ball to beat a level... but you're screwed if you can't find it and there is no indication on where it is. So, you will have to leave the level, find it in another level, then go back to the level all over again and use it to finish it.
What I got was a water-downed version of The Thousand Year Door.
To the game's credit, it at least has a good soundtrack and amazing graphics.

I was honestly so disappointed that I didn't beat the second world and I sold the game and I bought Kid Icarus: Uprising and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D to replace it (which are both fantastic games).

I feared Mario & Luigi would suffer from this fate with Dream Team, but I felt that game was solid overall and it met my expectations.
I told myself that I wouldn't buy the next Paper Mario... but that's Paper Jam, and I'll get it mainly because it's more of a Mario & Luigi game more than a Paper Mario game.

What is the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
I don't watch too many movies. If I had to say the worst that I've seen (excluding so-bad-it's-funny movies like The Room), it would have to be The Hangover: Part 3. Boring as hell and it's not that funny. The Hangover: Part 2 is just as equally as bad because it's basically the first movie, but in a different location.

What got you into becoming a Xenoblade fan?
I bought the game at GameStop in December 2013. I knew how rare it was and I heard nothing but good things about it, so I bought it; I didn't care for the $70 price tag.
After playing it for a bit, my support for Shulk skyrocketed. The game was so amazing with its amazing gameplay, fantastic story, lovable characters, a great sense of exploration (which I LOVE), a godly soundtrack, among other things. It quickly became my favorite game on the Wii and it's my 2nd favorite game of all time, losing only to Super Mario 64.

What is your favorite/most memorable Smash moment?
I have two:
1. Entering my first tournament was a great experience. I didn't talk to many people or did many friendlies, but just experiencing what a tournament is like, and actually winning a set, was incredible. I plan on going back this Sunday with more confidence this time around.
2. I lost to this really good player many times and she was really good; they call her the "Queen of Smash" in her area. I didn't win anything equivalent to a set, but actually winning a match with Kirby against her Shulk surprised me. I literally threw my controller on the ground and screamed "OH MY GOD! KIRBY! KIRBY! OH MY GOD!" I did win another match with Luigi, but that was by accident (she Air Slashed opposite of the ledge).

Favorite Pokémon gen?
Hmm... I say Gen V. It was a breath of fresh air, even when I was playing through every Pokemon game in order. I loved the story and lore to these games and they made a lot of improvements, such as having unlimited TMs. The games also have fantastic soundtracks.
In fact, I was disappointed with X and Y because they barely had any story; they were still fun mind you, but the lack of a good story was disappointing.

Favorite Eeveelution?

If I have an Eevee, 9 times out of 10 I would go for Espeon. I love its move pool and special attack and I do like its design.

Favorite TV show?
I don't watch television too much, but I do like watching Impractical Jokers and John Oliver.

Do you have any favorite books?
I like books like The Catcher in the Rye.
Though, I think my favorite work is Edgar Allan Poe's The Tell-Tale Heart. It's a short story, but it's really, really dark.

Last edited by a moderator:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I vote for @ Wintropy Wintropy .

Been interested to hear some more out of ya for a long time.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I should point out that it's more of a Robin community AMA as opposed to player AMA at this point.

Unless we start repeating users.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Congratulations on ten AMA periods, everyone.

INTERVIEW PERIOD #10: @ Wintropy Wintropy - Windows Nefarious Tropy

You know how it goes. This period will end Saturday, August 29th.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well ****. Didn't expect that.

May as well have fun with it.

ASK ME ANYTHING, FRIENDS AND FRIENDETTES~

I AM AN OPEN BOOK~ :3

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Wintropy won?

YES.

Q: What's your favorite Smash game?

Q: Do you have a favorite SSB4 speculation memory?

Q: Favorite Video Game genre?

Q: What's the origin of your username?

Q: Favorite/Least Favorite movie?

Q: Any pet peeves?

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Everytime I see your name I think of Winry from FM:A, would you happen to know why?

Who is that in your avatar?

How does this voice acting make you feel?

Why Pit over Dark Pit?

Someone offers to make you a DIVINE dinner. It's the greatest meal you've ever tasted, you can't get enough of it. This person will make you this dinner everday for the rest of their life, but only if you do something you slightly dislike everday. Would you do it?

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
@ Gamegenie222 Gamegenie222

1. What is your philosophy of life?

2. When and how did you get into the competitive scene (not necessarily Smash)?

3. If I were to randomly find myself in Omaha, NE, where would be the best place to acquire some pho?

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
What are some of your favorite games to play outside of Smash?

What games hold your favorite soundtrack?

Any other hobbies outside of gaming?

If you had the option to play any game over for the first time, spoiler free, what game would you play?

Top Bottom