• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robin Community AMA Thread.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The Robin Player Interview Thread

(if anyone has a better idea for a title please say so)

Welcome, everyone to the Robin Interview Thread!

What's that?

Here, we will host interviews in the style of an AMA(Ask Me Anything) for one user. In this interview period, the user may be asked questions about subjects such as Robin play, Smash or other miscellaneous questions. You are encouraged to ask questions of all types(subject to the guidelines below).

How is this user decided?

Before each interview, there will be a voting process to determine the next interviewee. Users may vote for one person at a time. Voting for oneself is heavily discouraged.

How long will these last?

The idea is to have these last either a week long or five days, in order to give users time to submit questions and for the interviewee to be able to answer them(people have lives too, you know).

Anything I should be wary of?

A few simple guidelines:

-Do not ask questions that would make someone uncomfortable
-Keep questions PG.
-Keep in mind to not overwhelm the interviewee with questions unless the questions are of relative simplicity. However, exceptions can be made if the interviewee is explicitly fine with a large amount of questions.
-Interviewees reserve their right to not answer a question if they want to.
-Be patient.

Understood? Let's get started!

Current interviewee:

@Kotor

Previously interviewed users(click to go to the beginning of that user's interview period):

Raziek

False Sense

Sonic Storm

LIQUID12A

The_Cardinal

Elezir

Chapter Serf

AustarusIV

XenoBrawler610

Gamegenie222

Kotor

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
*reserved for future use*

In the meantime, begin voting. This voting period ends at 9 PM Central tomorrow.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
This seems like fun. Looking forward to seeing the interviews. :bee:

Vote: Raziek

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Raziek.

I swear I'm not a conformist.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I doubt that anyone other than Raziek will be first. So he has my vote. I also really liked his tournament play the other day.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I honestly doubt that general opinion will change between now and tomorrow, so...

INTERVIEW PERIOD #1: @ Raziek Raziek - Moddin' Robin

Feel free to ask Raziek questions about any specific subject. This interview period will end on June 15th as per Raziek's ability to make his mega post of answering questions by then.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Oh Oohh Ooh I've got a question even though it's probably been asked of him at one point anyway;

So @ Raziek Raziek what made you want to main Robin and why did you stick with them?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You play on other consoles besides the Wii U/3DS, Raziek?

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
What is your competitive Smash origin story?
What were your initial impressions and wishes for Smash 4 when it was officially announced at E3 2013?
What would you consider your greatest achievement in Smash, and with Robin?
You talk about Yomi from time to time. Are there other competitive avenues that you partake in?

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Where did you graduate from? What's your degree exactly?
Any favorite games you'd like to mention?
Have you ever had a pet before? If so, which?
Can you fly if you want to?

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
What's the funniest thing that's ever happened to you at a tourney?

Edit* Hey @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A , do you think perhaps there should be a limit to how many questions can be asked in a single post? I feel it might get a bit overwhelming if everyone's asking 3+ questions.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
What's the funniest thing that's ever happened to you at a tourney?

Edit* Hey @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A , do you think perhaps there should be a limit to how many questions can be asked in a single post? I feel it might get a bit overwhelming if everyone's asking 3+ questions.
If it feels overwhelming for interviewees, we can limit it later to three questions.

For now, let's consider this first round a test. See what needs to be changed or refined. I do feel that most people have enough common sense to not overdo it with questions anyway(though if the question is simple, like @ Pacack Pacack 's last two, then there could reasonably be more of those), but we'll see.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
It is the year 20:4dk::4dk:. Everyone now spams Kong Cyclone with frame-perfect accuracy, to the point that it is now the only viable strategy for winning tournaments, and the rock-paper-scissors metagame has expanded greatly, as it is now the only factor used to decide the winner of matches.

Do you continue to main Robin anyway, or opt for the method most likely to expand your bank balance?

(disclaimer: I don't think Kong Cyclone is that broken, it was just the first complained-about thing I could think of)

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
What was the hardest roadblock you overcame during your competitive Smash career and how did you overcome it?

What do you hope to do with your computer science degree?

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Okay, here are y questions for @ Raziek Raziek

1. Do you think Robin deserves more buffs and if so, what?

2. Which character do you want most to be DLC for Smash Bros?

3. How did you start your Smash career?

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
If it feels overwhelming for interviewees, we can limit it later to three questions.

For now, let's consider this first round a test. See what needs to be changed or refined. I do feel that most people have enough common sense to not overdo it with questions anyway(though if the question is simple, like @ Pacack Pacack 's last two, then there could reasonably be more of those), but we'll see.
Sounds like a plan. Just wanted to make sure we don't overwhelm the interviewee. :cool:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Just for the record I am 100% ok with basically any questions you guys want to ask me in the interview thread, just so long as they are PG. That covers basically any topics you can think of. Robin, Politics, Relationships, Religion, what have you. No subject is really taboo unless we're literally not allowed to talk about it without getting infracted.

If you want examples of the sort of things I'm willing to answer, here's the interview I did in Decisive Games in November 2012. Feel free to ask questions I was asked then, the answers might have changed.

http://smashboards.com/threads/dg-interview-thread-walrus-toasted.295686/page-68#post-15059397

Additionally, I have done monster-sized interviews before, so feel free to ask me AS MANY questions as you want, just try to keep the joke/time-waster questions to a relative minimum.

Edit: Also, if it wasn't clear, I plan to do a bulk-answering period at the end. I'm just going to do it all in one fell swoop.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
@ Raziek Raziek

What do you say to the people who say Robin is campy and keeps the meta from evolving in tournament play? There are also those who say that Robin has no other relative strategies other than baiting and camping. What is your opinion on that?

Last edited:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Oh, an interview thread. Reminds me of the old brawl days, heh.

Anyway,

What is your favourite MU as Robin?

Where do you see Robin in the future tier list?

Do you watch Anime? If yes, what are your favorites?

What is the most important thing you have to keep in mind as a Robin player?

What sport activities do you do?

If you could live in a fictional world which would it be?

Anything to criticise about your country?

And finally, what do you think of the Ike/Robin MU?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
-Favorite/least favorite Nintendo franchise?

-Pick five asking users and describe them in a sentence. Not in your own words, of course.(borrowed from that interview)

Just for the record I am 100% ok with basically any questions you guys want to ask me in the interview thread, just so long as they are PG. That covers basically any topics you can think of. Robin, Politics, Relationships, Religion, what have you. No subject is really taboo unless we're literally not allowed to talk about it without getting infracted.

If you want examples of the sort of things I'm willing to answer, here's the interview I did in Decisive Games in November 2012. Feel free to ask questions I was asked then, the answers might have changed.

http://smashboards.com/threads/dg-interview-thread-walrus-toasted.295686/page-68#post-15059397

Additionally, I have done monster-sized interviews before, so feel free to ask me AS MANY questions as you want, just try to keep the joke/time-waster questions to a relative minimum.

Edit: Also, if it wasn't clear, I plan to do a bulk-answering period at the end. I'm just going to do it all in one fell swoop.
Ridley blushes at the size of this interview.

Anyway, you plan on doing this mega post on the 12th or the 15th?

D

Deleted member

3 quick questions:
1. What do you like to play besides Smash and Fire Emblem?
2. Who is your favorite video game character? If it's Robin, then who is your second favorite?
3. Who do you want to see as DLC?

Last edited by a moderator:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
-Favorite/least favorite Nintendo franchise?

-Pick five asking users and describe them in a sentence. Not in your own words, of course.(borrowed from that interview)

Ridley blushes at the size of this interview.

Anyway, you plan on doing this mega post on the 12th or the 15th?
The15th. I work the 12th, and the 15th (Monday) is usually the day of the week I have off.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Since we can ask a ton of questions:

Smash:

Characters such as Robin and Duck Hunt are typically seen as campy characters, and are also thought to be relatively low on the tier list. However, we also have characters such as R.O.B. and Villager who are campy and interpreted to be major competitive threats. Do you think that there's something specific that the perceived lower tier characters lack that the higher ones have, or do you think that people are underestimating the former, or do you think that there's some combination of the above going on?

I've heard people say that Robin is the second most technical character game, second only to Pac-Man. Unlike Pac-Man, however, there isn't someone really pushing Robin's limits from a tech standpoint like Abadango or Kool-Aid. Do you think that there's anyone out there who could potentially pioneer some of Robin's more advanced tech? For that matter, do you even agree that Robin is such a technical character?

Who do you think are the best Robin players in the world? Do you know anything of Japanese Robin players, specifically?

ZeRo has been the dominant player in Smash 4, and he hasn't dropped a set in months. Who do you think is most likely to take him out?

Who do you think is the most entertaining character to watch? Who's your favorite player in each Smash game?

How much experience do you have playing 64 and Melee?

Do you think that people harm themselves by playing too many characters? ie: Having 3 "mains"?

General Video Games:

What's your favorite game? If it's Smash, tell us which one, then tell us what your favorite non-smash game is.

If you've played Animal Crossing, who's your favorite Animal Crossing villager? Who's your favorite non-villager NPC?

Is there anything in particular that you're looking forward to at E3 this year?

You were hyping yourself up for this game forever, but when you bought it, you were disappointed. What game did I just describe for you?

If you could live/had to live in any:

Pokemon Region
Peaceful video game universe (discounting the above)
Non-peaceful video game universe
What would they be and why?

Who are your favorite video game characters that fit the following criteria?

All-Time
Female
Non-Humanoid
Nintendo
Silent
Antagonistic
I might ask personal questions too, but I mainly want to ask video game stuff.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Is there any MU you will consider having a secondary for as Robin?

Most slept on and characters with underdeveloped metas to you in smash 4?

What characters do you think needs buffs and nerfs?

You ever think about putting serious time into Marcina or Ike in smash 4? Also FE Roy as DLC yay or nay?

PM smash 4 edition yay, no or meh to you?

What you think of the meta right now and Zero hosting everyone?

Favorite players looking up to starting out?

Favorite FG outside of smash that you would go hard in?

Favorite comic book series if you have one?

Favorite food?

Hobbies?

Locations you would love to go to in the world?

Favorite animal?

Time travel or enternal youth?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
You know, this seems less like an interview thread and more like an AMA. :p

So, if I could ask a question...

What was July 14th, 2014 like for you?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You know, this seems less like an interview thread and more like an AMA. :p
From the other forums I saw this idea on it was more of an AMA than a formal interview anyway. That was the entire point. If we had one user doing this in private with the other it would be pretty boring. Questions from everyone in real time allow it to be more open, varied, and quicker depending on the person. Raz chooses to make a mega post, but surely another interviewee will answer as the questions come in.

That's the beauty of it.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Ok, lesse, I think I can think of some good questions... without having too many repeats that where already asked!

Smash:
Do you still play this game casually with friends?
What Stages would you like to see return from 64/Melee/Brawl/3DS?
Are there any far-out (either due to chance or obscurity) characters you would like to see in Smash?
Any game mode you'd like to see added via DLC?
Scenario: Sakurai has decided to rework most of the cast, focusing on making the clones more unique first and later on tweaking other characters a bit, too. Nothing is out of the question, anything can change!
(As long as it is character related).
Is there anything you'd like to see happen? (I.E.: Toon Link with an original moveset, Wario closer to Wario Land games, Nairplane hitbox quadroupled etc.)

Fire Emblem:
Thoughts on the gameplay changes in FE: If? Not talking 'bout the facerubbing, but the removal of Weapon Durability and the expansion of the barracks into MyCastle and the like.
Hoshido or Nohr?
When you play a new Fire Emblem, do you try to immerse yourself within or do you try to break it asap?
If you had to choose: Chrom, Soren or Lyndis?

Other:
Again, Gratulations to your degree! Hope your applications are going well. Do you already have a job in particular you're aiming for or are you still looking at a broader spectrum of possibilities?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'll keep it simple.

Other than Robin, who do you think you play the most as?

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I remember you saying a while back that you didn't think Robin was higher than mid tier. And yet, you've solo mained Robin ever since Smash 4 came out.

There seems to be a bit of a contrast there. Could you explain why you've invested so much time in a character that you aren't sure is competitively viable?

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Raziek, you seem to be the best Robin at the moment, and a dedicated solo main at that. That's inspirational. I've always been struggling to find a main, and Robin was the guy I was most hype for from day 1. I liked him, but then got frustrated with his problems, and then came back to him, but was easily discouraged when playing against the top tier rushdown characters. It's been a while, but I may be coming back to Robin with a new mindset.

Jumping off of that rambling bit; my questions to you:

What sold you on Robin, despite knowing his limitations? Judging by your sig, you played high tier characters in the other Smash games. Is character loyalty worth the struggle?

How do you approach bad matchups against characters like Falcon and Sheik? Are you looking for particular options you can punish? Or do you rely on learning your opponent's habits and exploiting them?

Anything Robin players should lab and practice? Spacing, stage setplay, techniques?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I need to get better at coming up with awesome questions, but I have the following to start:

What is your short list of things you wish everyone who plays Smash knew about playing Smash? Keep it to five or less items.

If you could see one feature return from a previous Smash game to either the Wii U or 3DS version (or both), what would you choose and why?

What's your favorite place to go out to eat? What do you typically order there?

What's your thoughts on the current state of Splatoon, and what do you think it needs to maintain (or gain) momentum?

And lastly, one I'd like to cop unabashedly from Ryker in the prior interview. It's a Fire Emblem related social. You knew this day would come.

Congrats, you and I just finished working on Fire Emblem 15: The Robin Social. Who is the Lord? Now fill out the classes for as many characters as you want. Who is the Jeigan, the most busted unit, and which unit fails miserably.

[EDIT]: You know, I know I'm both copping and reusing this from elsewhere, but I'm just too curious not to ask.

Imagine if you will a desert, far as your eyes can see. Within this desert is a cube. Please describe this cube. What does it look like? How large is the cube? What’s it made of? And where in the desert is it?

I also bolded all the questions to separate them from the commentary flowing from my ever-running mouth.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
About to attend a graduation soon so this question just popped into my head:

Now that you have graduated and are embarking on a new, crucial phase in your life, how are you feeling? Excited? Scared? Anxious? etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom