• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Wisconsin 11/13/10 Appleton/Kimberly, WI

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Wow get hyped. This is awesome.

@ jedi, you should keep an attendance list. It really helps for tourneys. Also if you need any help with running the tourney count me in.

Confirmed
  1. lonejedi
  2. john!
  3. Oro?!
  4. exarch
  5. ORLY
  6. Mundungu
  7. Sveet
  8. sanchaz
  9. 18spikes
  10. Dragmire
  11. Chexr + many from MN
  12. TestPesT
  13. Quaz
  14. Wafles
  15. SuperMatt
  16. Vino
  17. spybloom
  18. misrah
  19. Remy LeBeau
  20. LoOshKiN
  21. Scythe
  22. Misteroo
  23. zack152
  24. Xtra
  25. Yadam
  26. d33k
  27. wes
  28. bil
  29. ethan101
  30. black hayate

Maybe/Interested
  1. BigD
  2. element of fire
  3. michael
  4. earl
  5. Red Ryu
  6. hunger!
  7. Sago

That's from what I can tell. If anyone's in the wrong column let me know.
Thanks for the list Exarch, appreciate it. I also appreciate the offered help, if during pools you can man a pool that would be great!

Also, I'm heavily considering making pay cuts 60/25/10/5. I've always felt 4th place gets royally screwed over for making top 4, and considering all the extra venue money will go into the pot, I was thinking that maybe it would work out. I honestly think we could draw close to 40 for this tourney, so i'm leaving this up to you guys.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
i like how all of MN got lumped together with Chexr cept me :(

edit: and on top of that, my name was spelled incorrectly :(

Tink

Smash Hero
im sure atleast 2 cars from chicago will come too...i know ill be in atleast 1 =).

mms?

Zicore

Smash Champion
looks like chansen and I need to get some party favors...tink im playing you for shots and bring cosmo dammit

alcheato

Smash Ace
lol if Chicago's going I'm just assuming I'm included in there somewhere. Spikes, I want doc dittos!

Scythe

Smash Master
Put me in the maybe since, Sago would be my ride and he's in maybe lol

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Yea I did, it sold for $200. I'll bring the ca$h to this. I don't think those gameskulls are ever going to sell, so idk what you want to do about that.

Chexr

Smash Ace
Someone good from chicago team with me. Preferably as good or better than about viperboy

Culvers

Smash Apprentice
First tourney!!
Planning on riding with exarch because he's picking people up at my dorm anyway. :)
Let me know if I should bring my cube + melee.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Quaz is your car full? I'd like to make a special guest apperance. Especially if I don't have a tournament to run the same day (since I'd rather not split the community in my own state lol).

How do you play Melee again? =/

I may play just for ****s. If anyone wants to MM in other fighting games lemme know. Teeheehee... :D

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
It depends on how you'd like them. I'd rather show u in person. But typing out strats is cool too.

I can tell you right away...you're gonna have to learn how to apply solid pressure with block strings (pokes. ask Oro he hates them :p ) and get real familiar on what normals ("normals" is a basic competitive term for basic punches and kicks/attacks for your character) are jump cancelable.

Also his chain (D) is godly. And can provide hella mixups during block string (especially D~C, 9 times outa 10 it AUTO CROSSOVER). I've never seen a single Hazama player use chain mid block string but me. Chain mixup can also be canceled into any of this normals and/or distortions (Supers).

And finally, YOU MUST GET AS MUCH DAMAGE AS YOU CAN IN HIS COMBOS!!! Hazama suffers from ****ty guard meter and not so great health. But his combo potential is pretty nice, especially if you MAX damage everything he does.

Comboing into Houtenjin (236,236+B) IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST).

Comboing after Houtenjin, IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST TOO. And remember some characters have specific combos after houtenjin...like Tager (LMFAO...sorry Kirk).

If you suck at doing combos...well...hopefully something like this happens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoNERO64Kl4 (ROFLMFAO!!!!)

And dropping/nailing those combos are pretty much watch makes or breaks for rounds and eventually the entire match. When you miss them hakumen, Litchi, Ragna, and Bang...pretty much kill you. :(

I'll go more into detail when I see you soon or on here if you prefer.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
whats hazama's best poke moves? i loooove 3C

ill try to work on some of my combos, thats pretty much by biggest weakness. I can do the bread and butter (3C 214D~C 5C 2C 2D~D 5Cx99 jump 5cx99 214B) fairly consistently but the damage is only like 2500 :(

also, what are his block strings? i usually just do like 5b5c3c then mixup either 214D~C or 214D~A (high/low)

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
I want revenge Webster. I don't care about Hazama's bad block strings anymore. :bee:
lol if you come to my tourney on the 30th. we'll see how much you "don't care" anymore. :)

whats hazama's best poke moves? i loooove 3C
before I start lemme say that....

5B IS THE BEST POKE IN THE GAME!!!

okay...

3C by itself is terribad on block. but if you cover it with 214D~D you'll be fine. if you anticipate them attacking immediately then 214D~B their *** and then follow up with chain combos (4D or 6D).

ill try to work on some of my combos, thats pretty much by biggest weakness. I can do the bread and butter (3C 214D~C 5C 2C 2D~D 5Cx99 jump 5cx99 214B) fairly consistently but the damage is only like 2500 :(
yep without distortion or without your back to the corner, your combos are going to be limited and won't do as much damage.

remember Hazama needs to get max damage in his combos. so after the 3C, when you do 214D~C you have to let it charge for a second before hitting C....timing is critical. then after it hits, you have to dash 5C 2C...to get the max damage out of that part of the combo. That BnB combo could break 3K if done correctly getting max damage with Hazama.

also, what are his block strings? i usually just do like 5b5c3c then mixup either 214D~C or 214D~A (high/low)
what you're already doing is fine. but remember with every block string there's going to be pushback. Hazama, while good at long range and can somewhat do well closing the gap, needs to be in close vs. certain characters like MU and Lambda. so i'd so some block strings like this:

2A 5C

5B 5C

2A 5B 5C

2A 5B 5C 236D (you're pretty much safe after that and can do whatever the hell you want...just pay attention to your spacing)

2A 2B 214D~A/D

5B 2C 214D~A/D

Advance ones:

5C or 2A 5B or 5B 2C...then jump cancel forward j.5B (this will cross them up, but then sometimes it won't but you'll still be in a good position for more pressure) ...then go back to block strings that start with 2A or 5B

2A 5C or 5B 5C...then hyper jump to instant air dash (IAD) forward j.5B (this will cross them up, but then sometimes it won't but you'll still be in a good position for more pressure) ...then go back to block strings that start with 2A or 5B

Even more Advance ones:

5B 2C or 2A 5C or 5B 5C...then 214D~D (this will cancel the stance of Serpent's Benediction. after that you can do whatever you like. considering your spacing you may have to dash in before you can continue your block pressure...but be leary of a counter attack from your opponent)

Webster strats:

Any 5C or 2C (I think 2C can do this lol. and mind you, the following can be done during any block string above that ends in 5C or 2C) can be canceled into D. when D hits on block you are STILL ALLOWED to use his follow ups ^_^ . here's how they work (in terms of using D during block strings):

D~A - cancels the animation and puts you back in nuetral (exactly like canceling the stance of Serpent's Benediction. after that you can do whatever you like. considering your spacing you may have to dash in before you can continue your block pressure...but be leary of a counter attack from your opponent).

D~B - propels Hazama in the air upbackwards and then slings him forward in a down diagonal arch towards the opponent (now this can be a good thing or a bad thing. good thing: you can seriously mind **** your opponent and continue your pressure. it's recommended while coming back in towards your opponent you hit them with j.5B or j.2C. bad thing: well if they can guess right or react fast enough, you'll probably be leaping right into a FATAL COUNTER LOL. may god have mercy on your soul)

D~C - THIS IS MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE OPTION!!! ^_* because...

lol...well it's an auto cross over no matter where your opponent is on screen. AND THIS BECOMES MORE AMAZING THE CLOSER YOU ARE TO YOUR OPPONENT!!! (so not only is it absolutely hard for them to block your j.5B *which is recommended here* but you'll be in a position, AUTOMATICALLY, where you can start ANY block string that starts in 2A or 5B. Imagine the possible block string loops you could do. ^_^ )

D~D - I'm sure you already know what this does. but for those who are reading and are curious: this propels Hazama in any direction that you thrown the chain...AT MAX SPEED. (so I'd only recommend this option, ONLY if you are in need to distance yourself from your opponent and if you are mid stage. so doing this option in the corner is a big NO NO...unless you have 2 chain stocks. then you can do this and go immediately into another chain)

Well lol, now you know some of my secrets of how I play my character and how I think when doing block strings. Hazama has a lot of tricks man. So hopefully this comes of some help. If you have any more questions feel free to ask me.

....LMFAO, I wish I was this smart when playing Smash. :p

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Aiight webster thanks for the tips. I just spent 20 minutes practicing, and thanks to your delay tip on the 214D~C in the B&B i finally completed challenge 6 (couldn't ever get the dash in consistently).

I'm going to start taking advantage of D~C in block strings now. Does j.5B mean i should jump before it or does it just signify aerial 5B?

Do you have XBL?

Is hazama's 2A really that good?

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Aiight webster thanks for the tips. I just spent 20 minutes practicing, and thanks to your delay tip on the 214D~C in the B&B i finally completed challenge 6 (couldn't ever get the dash in consistently).
Cool glad it helped my friend.

I'm going to start taking advantage of D~C in block strings now. Does j.5B mean i should jump before it or does it just signify aerial 5B?
signifies aerial

Do you have XBL?
psn bro. :(

Is hazama's 2A really that good?
lol almost everyone's 2A is godly. but Hazama's 5B is the best poke in the game. you could literally bash 5B and repeat if you wanted.

ALSO DO NOT FORGET TO ABUSE HIS COMMAND GRAB (236C)!!! It's one of the best in the game. And you can go immediately into combo right after (i.e: 236C > 5B > 3C....so on and so forth....).

sanchaz

Smash Lord
ummm, anyways talking about the tournament, I will support this tournament aand bring a setup, however just please enforce the rules and times when things start please.

yea, and sveet, devil, and everyone else not talking about the tournament, can you make a thread for whatever your talking about, and not mix it up in this thread please.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
ALSO DO NOT FORGET TO ABUSE HIS COMMAND GRAB (236C)!!! It's one of the best in the game. And you can go immediately into combo right after (i.e: 236C > 5B > 3C....so on and so forth....).
omfg i never knew that move existed! too bad B&B leading from it does like half damage :( Can you combo into anything other than 5B? Would 236236B work?

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Sveet: it'll work if you are fast enough.

Sorry guys for derailing the thread if I did. But I did at first ask for a ride to this tournament, before I started helping out folks with BB strats. ^_^

Also BBCS should be automatically included at every Smash tournament, everywhere, period. :)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Webster does host tourneys. My last 2 tournaments were supposed to have it, but nobody brought a setup. This tournament is gonna have a BBCS side tournament, from the looks of things.

We are perfectly on topic :)

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Sveet, all of those things are covered in Hazama's missions. ALL of them. Including the combo into 236236B followed by C's.

I like 3C better than 5B because of its range, but 5B has way better speed iirc.

I suck at the game though. Help Me, Professor Webster!!

Who needs long paragraphs of useless mid tier garbage when your top tier character can hit 5A and win in every situation.
Nerd Rage-na.

Top Bottom