• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Retire

Armada

Smash Lord
If Armada hadn't won Apex 2013 he would not be retiring right now.

He wants out so he can end up like Ken.

Now, when Mango comes to SR, and they play in tournament, if Armada loses, he won't even have to say anything, everyone else will say it for him. "well it's not legit because he is way out of practice, he's retired you know."

This is pretty gay of Armada to do. If he had just beaten Mango at Apex 2013, I would be like fine, now is the time to get out.

But they didn't even play. There was no Mango/Armada face-off. SR is literally the only time they could've done it with no bracket interference, and realizing this, Armada pulls this ****.

**** this thread and that swede *****
**** you know me better then I do!
Thanks for telling me tons of stuff, about myself, that I didn't know =)

Is it my fault that me and Mango didn't played in tournament at Apex 2013?
That's like I would blame someone for not reaching GF during Pound 4. I wasn't good enough to reach GF that time and Mango wasn't good enough this time.

You will probably not understand what Im talking about anyway ;)

Vts

Smash Champion
**** you know me better then I do!
Thanks for telling me tons of stuff, about myself, that I didn't know =)

Is it my fault that me and Mango didn't played in tournament at Apex 2013?
That's like I would blame someone for not reaching GF during Pound 4. I wasn't good enough to reach GF that time and Mango wasn't good enough this time.

You will probably not understand what Im talking about anyway ;)
he was playing sluggish, though I really wanted to see you play m2k more so than mango, he was playing so good at apex.

how long has it been since you guys have played each other? 1-2 years at least.

I don't want you to quit melee, your fun to watch and you give that whole "perfect punish" with your character which is really needed in the community to see. Lots of people get away with mess ups to often and good players are the ones who punish those mess ups the hardest, you being the best at it.

as much as i don't like hungrybox he has the same thing but lower level, mew2king is almost to that point and that's why i still play thing game. Seeing you grow bored with the game make me just want to try new stuff and show you that this game is still fun winning or losing, but as i tell my friends don't play if your not having fun or drink more until it's fun :)

Vegard

Smash Lord

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
See how this thread is moving on? That shows how quickly the community will be over armada.

:phone:

Tekk

Smash Lord
^YES
Just let him go now, he doesn't owe anyone anything here.

This is life, not some crappy shonen, he doesn't have to wait to lose or to give you ungrateful morons an "epic enough" win to quit.
Everyone wanted to be the guy to beat Armada and thus become someone special, sadly it'll never happen, TOO BAD.
Armada was, if not the best champion we had ('cause mangoriders will obv disagree), the most respectable one. Has anyone ever had to complain about Armada's attitude or personality in any way in the past 4 years ?

Just leave britney alone, damn.

HarnessedSea

Smash Rookie
I had so much fun watching those sets at APEX 2013 with PP and Armada... We'll never forget you Armada.

Now time for me to go bawww my eyes out ;(

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
I agree mango was probably more dominant and better. He ran trains through everyone with any character he wanted falcon falco mario straight dominating. That said tourney time is put up or shut up and holding onto that claim now reminds me of when ken johned after oc3 saying he was still the best he just doesnt have time to practice. Its not armadas fault he plays spacies, the better player has to step it up and win. :/ ily though mango. #mangonation

:phone:

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
If you love something, let it go. It'll be back ;)

edit: Haggar, I'm guessing that was directed at canismash so I'll add ^^^

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
This announcement isn't a surprise to me. It's better to know your limits and walk away undefeated and unprecedented than to stick around until you're off your game.

Get Low

Smash Ace
Now, when Mango comes to SR, and they play in tournament, if Armada loses, he won't even have to say anything, everyone else will say it for him. "well it's not legit because he is way out of practice, he's retired you know."

This is pretty gay of Armada to do. If he had just beaten Mango at Apex 2013, I would be like fine, now is the time to get out.

But they didn't even play. There was no Mango/Armada face-off. SR is literally the only time they could've done it with no bracket interference, and realizing this, Armada pulls this ****.
People thinking that Mango is still top two in the world, loooool.

AppleAppleAZ

Smash Journeyman
You really shouldn't take a lot from his 4th place finish.

He still ran the #mangotrain through the US this year, and him and PP are 3-3 right now.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Uh...in terms of sets they've played, they're technically 5-5 (PP won 2 at WGF, 1 at Impulse, 2 at KoC; Mango won 2 at RoM4, 2 at Impulse, 1 at KoC).

If you don't count WGF for whatever reason (Mango was mostly Falcon), then Mango is up in sets 5-3. Not sure where 3-3 comes from.

It's possible I'm making a huge error and forgetting about a big tourney they had in recent years, though.

Armada

Smash Lord
AppleAppleAZ said THIS year (I assume he means 2012) so then ROM is excluded cause that was in November 2011

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah of course armada's got the right to go, it is sad though. He gotta do what he feels is right for him. Definitely retiring on top, no one serious will ever question that.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
ROFLLL

won like every tourney i went to this year

cept 2

won more tourneys then armada did

in america

leffen

Smash Champion
yeah...

except for me everyone has just given up against armada, its pathetic really

kind of watching cali vs mango, they don't even look like they're trying.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
yeah...

except for me everyone has just given up against armada, its pathetic really

kind of watching cali vs mango, they don't even look like they're trying.
You say that simply because you have the opportunity to beat him x1000 more often than anyone else and he probably became a close companion of yours so of course there's no reason to give up when he's so close.

I dont think anyone gave up, he's just way too good.

leffen

Smash Champion
1000 times more often? i went to one tournament every 4 months that had armada come on.

and i was talking about the competition IN SWEDEN, so your argument is worthless.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
how does this make you feel (taken from Javi vs Leffen on yt l0l)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
1000 times more often? i went to one tournament every 4 months that had armada come on.

and i was talking about the competition IN SWEDEN, so your argument is worthless.
Well not my fault they have no sense of pride or have any will to become the best, etc.

Top Bottom