• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reno Smash Thread.

PeachyPit

Smash Apprentice
I thought the atlantis one was cancelled, well if its not, then that's a big fat maybe! it depends on the time.

hitori- g'luck on the homeworks, hopefully i'll get to play tonight too! XD

hitori

Smash Journeyman
wow, sonofa*****.

my CS446 teacher just decided to tell us that we're not allowed to use iostream in our shell. >_<
going to have to rewrite everything, so no smash for me this week.

FlipManV3

Smash Cadet
I thought the atlantis one was cancelled, well if its not, then that's a big fat maybe! it depends on the time.

hitori- g'luck on the homeworks, hopefully i'll get to play tonight too! XD
Nope, it's still good, they actually have fliers there now.

And about that DDR forum thigie, I noticed on the bottom that the pot is split 70-20-10.
What the hell?
That's a pretty crappy second place prize, why not just a "standard" 60-30-10.

hitori

Smash Journeyman
=P

first indeed.

MARTIN!

those were good matches and a good set. We are quite equal indeed.

4 of 7 ->(Martin,MikeC,MikeC,Martin,MikeC,Martin,MikeC)

****. we should like team and ****. =P

FlipManV3

Smash Cadet
Lol, well it shouldn't be a problem if you get first right? XD
It still doesn't remove the fact that it's a crappy second place prize.

Not to mention it's a double elimination one game tournament. You heard right, one game tournament. Not matches, game.

PeachyPit

Smash Apprentice
Meh, if it doesn't suit your tournament needs, then just ignore it and don't go, right? XD

I don't think they have all the time in the world for matches, since they havta rent out part of the atlantis (and i'm sure that's plenty expensive) to have it. Plus they are running other tournaments for other games. And it's their choice to do the tournament how they want right?

Anyways, where is the brawls tonight? I'm all alone (roy has work and class) so i'm bored and craving some brawl. Lets me know, kk? <3

edit: Also here is the difference between, all you fabulous smashers in reno and me (except change C. falcon to Pit! XD)

FlipManV3

Smash Cadet
Meh, if it doesn't suit your tournament needs, then just ignore it and don't go, right? XD

I don't think they have all the time in the world for matches, since they havta rent out part of the atlantis (and i'm sure that's plenty expensive) to have it. Plus they are running other tournaments for other games. And it's their choice to do the tournament how they want right?
Well, it's obvious I'm going. Mostly just to be there, see everything, and meet people.

They do have all the time in the world for matches since they are running TWO 32 people tournaments. And the best players from both of those compete later during the night.
They're not renting out part of the Atlantis, they're just using part of the arcade.
Of course they do, I'm just saying..

And here's the info for the tournament for those who are interested:

Atlantis Fun Center
March 15, 2008, Saturday
Registration starts at 9am - 12pm, it's $10.00 to enter
The prize is supposedly 70-20-10 pot split.
There will be two 32 tournament match
IIRC, the first one starts at 12pm - 2pm, then the second one is at 2-4pm(might be off by a little bit)
The finals is at 7pm

There will be other tournaments as well as stated on the other link like Twinkle Star Sprites, IIDX Gold, and Initial D 4.

FlipManV3

Smash Cadet
no...its one 64 man tourney...two 32 man brackets...i tell you this cause im running the tourney
Ah, okay, the rules have changed. Here's a brief update for anyone who's interested:

It's actually a match now, not just a game, still double elimination. First 32 bracket starts 1 and the second starts at 3. Top 8 from each bracket competes for the final round.

hitori

Smash Journeyman
wow, that is an epic picture.

i need to surf more imageboards.

edit ->god****it smashboards! stop being so gay and put some of your freaking ad revenue into a GOOD SERVER and a GOOD WEB HOST!

hitori

Smash Journeyman
haha! thank you glen for being all knowing!

brawl is a GO for EVO!

that means we're all taking at least two trips this summer.

be prepared.

hitori

Smash Journeyman
thanks for the tidbit sir! ^^

so...I'm waay to anxious to wait for tomorrow...

who wants to have a Brawl Tourney tonight? $5, double elimination bracket, 2/3 sets, 3/5 for finals.

anyone in?

PeachyPit

Smash Apprentice
Lol, i'm down! I need hella tournament experience before april. I'm pretty sure roy would be in too! XD

edit: I've been playing the most amazing game ever, here's a screencap (more to come)

PeachyPit

Smash Apprentice
Nothing else happened much, except i got SHOT AND DIED OUTTA NO WHERE! **** you OT2!! oh wells!

Hitori- i texted you, needs to know yer home address XD

hitori

Smash Journeyman
tournament is at 7:00 at my house fellaz! 1213 Gordon Ave, get ur ***** over here and smash! =P

maybe teams after if we have enuf folk

edit:

thanks to all who showed up! here's the results...

full bracket uploaded to allisbrawl, if you're interested.

Reno's Pre-Brawl Brawlfest

1: TANJ (Metaknight)
2: JHNY5 (R.O.B)
3: CockBlockKing (DK)
4: Drago the Dark Knight (Marth)

PeachyPit

Smash Apprentice
Hey hitori, thank you so much for putting on an awesome tournament! (even if i lost hardcore! XD)

Can we do another one, maybe late march, before the big one? That would be awesome. I need the tournament practice, and i don't think you mind winning more monies! XD

hitori

Smash Journeyman
I can definitely try to put together another one of these before Capital Brawl. :) I'll make sure to get the word out a few days before hand, so people have a bit of time to plan/prepare.

i'm glad you had fun. ^^

edit -

UC berkeley is having a tourney tomorrow, there should be quite a few big names (i think most of NorCal pro smash is showing up). if anyone wants to go I might be in...

the tourney starts at 12:00, so we'd need to leave by 8:00 or so tho. >_<

ssjkiego

Smash Rookie
is this reno smash?!?!? well if you are

IM CALLLING YOU ALL OUT!
Especially Greiver And Drago!!!!
( if this is the only way i can get your guy's attention then oh well i've tried everything.)

i'm the leader of the Ragnarok Brawlers (wifi wars)
and i want to fight you reno smash guys?

ssjkiego

Smash Rookie
long story short, ive been looking for this giuld for a long time. i had no idea it was on this site. if i did i would probably be begging one of you guys if i could join.

got bored, made my own, want to take town the my hero who beat drago

(drago beat me along time ago...he probbly doesnt remember me though)

so yeah now im back and wanting to get you guys!

moldyboy7

Smash Rookie
no internets yets, but brawl code coming soon.
also, btw kiego, I was questioning your English, not your motive...

hitori

Smash Journeyman
maybe smash here tonite if anyone's interested
we has 4 brawl tv's. ^^ need 2 more wii's tho

hitori

Smash Journeyman
oh, sorry for the double post but...
SMASH at my house tonite! ^^ we have 4 tv's and two wii's, so if you can bring a Wii, that would be siiick. :)

hope to see everyone here, smashing starts at like 8:00.

jlbchamp

Smash Cadet
oh, sorry for the double post but...
SMASH at my house tonite! ^^ we have 4 tv's and two wii's, so if you can bring a Wii, that would be siiick. :)

hope to see everyone here, smashing starts at like 8:00.
are you still smashin?
for how long though....

Top Bottom