• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Red, White and BOOM! - Henry Fleming for DLC! * Democracy calls! Will you answer? *

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
That's an awesome guidance.

I just thought of how funny Milton's reactions would be towards the Smash cast just like he comments on everyone you meet during the game in the library. (Imagine him being afraid of Villager or something like that.)

Btw, does anyone know if Milton also updates the library with the Fire Emblem characters once you scan them?

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I REALLY love me some Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.

I know he's unlikely, but I support! I can't think of a better rep for this new franchise.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The only thing Henry is missing now is a boxing ring title.

Any good suggestions?
I like "Red, White and BOOM!", though something a little more original may be in order.

"Ringin' the Liberty Bell" may work as a cute nod to the sport~

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Okay, I've been mulling this over for a bit, and I'd like to ask: does anybody fancy taking over this thread? I can't afford to purchase Codename: S.T.E.A.M., nor am I all that interested in getting it anytime soon, and I feel like somebody who actually has firsthand knowledge of the game would be able to do a better job of maintaining the thread than I would.

Just a suggestion. I'm happy to keep up maintenance on the thread, and I'm going to continue to support Henry either way, I'm just curious as to whether or not people reckon some fresh blood would be good to kickstart the ol' engine in Fleming's support base.

Last edited:

TheTaoDragon

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me, or are we lacking possible music tracks for this game?
I'll start with...
Deadly Dance (Medley? All of the music under this sub-category is pretty damn good.)
World in Danger
Steam, Steel, and Strangers (Medley, definitely)

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Just to reiterate, since this thread's been bumped again, I'm requesting somebody take over the OP.

Anybody who wants to do it, PM me and I'll ask an admin to make the changeover.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Sign me up, that steam mechanic has me really excited for his potential to be a memorable gimmicky character and would be a lot of fun to implement tradeoffs for his attacks. Plus, I'd love to see him team up with my boy, Snake.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I voted for him as well.

I don't think he'll be DLC, but I do think he could be playable in the next game. He has all the making of a great character as he's visually unique from the rest of the cast and he has a unique way of fighting as steam could be a unique gimmick for him.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
*salutes*

Let the tyranny begin.

Later this week if I get the time, I'll try updating the page similar to how Ryu's thread was updated (if you haven't checked it, I suggest you take a look at it; it's that great) and try to finalize the Henry's moveset I once started a few pages ago.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
So pretty much we've already discussed that the best stage to represent the series would be none other than the Lady Liberty. However there's something every stage needs, and that's the catchy music its game offers. These here are some of the most memorable tunes that would fit the stage and put one in the mood to duke it out.

Code Name S.T.E.A.M. - Main Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRSmmJDyeEM

Agents of S.T.E.A.M.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1ViTAu6d2Y

Lady Liberty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwTkBTqSXww

Intersection: Me vs. You
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq0AcgCtwoY

Deadly Dance II
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4TIH3ppcxs

Under the Surface III
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CZ3CiNWk2c

A Glimmer of Light
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o24fsxy8WAQ

Code Name: T.H.E.M.E.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpcTwOHXdqw

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I've never played Codename: STEAM and I honestly don't plan on buying it anytime soon (I don't have a job because I'm too young and I have to buy Splatoon, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Zelda U, Star Fox Horizons), but I do think his character would be interesting in Smash. Add me to that support list.

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Considering Henry originally is a character with origins on literature... would this affect his chances?

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Well they put him in a game so I don't see why it would. Also the author is probably dead anyway.
Yeah because I am not sure if in a way this is why Medusa is not on Smash same on some who ask Dracula from Castlevania. In a way similar to Zeus in PSASBR.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Yeah because I am not sure if in a way this is why Medusa is not on Smash same on some who ask Dracula from Castlevania. In a way similar to Zeus in PSASBR.
No I'm pretty sure its fine to use characters from classic literature. For example, its fine to use Moby Richard (cant put the D in the comment so I went with the full name lol) in a product but not Harry Potter.

Last edited:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Well, if Zeus proves anything, all those characters can indeed be added. They're public domain meaning anyone is free to incorporate them in any type of media, though those not too clear with this concept might become confused at first upon seeing them like Zeus's initial reaction in PSASBR.
That's why Intelligent Systems had to figure a sneaky way to incorporate a El Zorro-esque character in Code Name STEAM, since apparently El Zorro isn't public domain. For all the other agents, they could pretty much add them without worries.

So while Code Name STEAM's Henry is based on The Red Badge of Courage, his interpretation in the game pretty much belongs to Nintendo.

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
Now that I've finished Codename S.T.E.A.M I can both consider myself a true MURICAN and a true supporter of this thread. The game was pretty legit.
Considering Henry originally is a character with origins on literature... would this affect his chances?
Henry Flemming is public domain, so no. Sherlock Holmes is appearing in the new Ace Attorney, and I somehow doubt Capcom got permission from Aurthur Conan Doyle, or anybody else, for that.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Bought and beat Codename Steam over a week. Got all the cogs, trying for the 100000 medals now. Great game, a shame it didn't get any pre-release content in Smash like Woolly World. Having the Steampunk Mii outfit use a gun (like the Splatoon one) instead of the handcannon would've been nice too.

I'd like to see a character from the game in, but considering the sales, I doubt it'll happen.

...although from another point of view, that's exactly why they need to get in.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
We should have a codename S.T.E.A.M. death match tournament. Anyone want to create the tournament? Just go to my tournaments and click create tournament.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Fellow agents, I've created a social group in the general gaming section where you can feel free to discuss anything about the game, so feel free to drop by. I'm sure [Obnoxshush/Dasshizer] has many strategies regarding the chapters and characters waiting to be typed.

TheTaoDragon

Smash Apprentice
Something that crossed my mind: What if we somehow got Henry with an adaptation of Snake's moveset?
Just throw in some similar weapons (Rhino Bomber side-b?) and change some moves (Up-B in particular, and perhaps change things like the F-Smash to the Eagle Rifle in the vein of the Mii Gunner) and BOOM! Instant Snake replacement.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
As much as I'd like to see Henry appear, I'd prefer if other agent weapons were kept as customs only, so Henry can keep his "essence" as a character. Plus, imagine the new back(s)lash poor Henry would receive again, this time for taking Snake's moveset. Besides, Snake is still keeping us waiting. Remain positive.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Something that crossed my mind: What if we somehow got Henry with an adaptation of Snake's moveset?
Just throw in some similar weapons (Rhino Bomber side-b?) and change some moves (Up-B in particular, and perhaps change things like the F-Smash to the Eagle Rifle in the vein of the Mii Gunner) and BOOM! Instant Snake replacement.
No, if there's gonna be a character who borrows some aspects from Snake, I'd rather have it be Sami from Advance Wars as that would fit much better. Plus she wouldn't receive as much backlash as Henry would in that situation.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Maybe for Codename Steam 2: Steam Boogaloo they get a huge pumped up advertising budget like Splatoon and Fire Emblem have been getting.

...or we just get more FE dating sims from IS and Steam dies a quiet death.

Top Bottom