• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Red, White and BOOM! - Henry Fleming for DLC! * Democracy calls! Will you answer? *

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Seen the reviews for the game and they range from decent to poor from guys like IGN and Gametrailers. Most of the complaints so far pertains to how long the enemy's turn to attack takes, which would ruin the experience for anyone new to the game. Still not going to stop be from buying Codename S.T.E.A.M. and supporting a rep from it though.
IGN rated it 7.9/10.
'Resists a Too Much Steam joke'
All jokes aside, it looks like the biggest complaint for this game is waiting for the enemy to finish their turn. Regardless, still getting the game.
Tin Man has been spotted in one review video meaning there's only one more missing agent.
Can I have a pic of Tin man?

Critic response is actually better than i ecpected. Hope this means good things for sales.

I dud say that enemy turns were too long. making it cycle through enemies not taking an action was just silly. Still hyped

TheTaoDragon

Smash Apprentice
Sign me up for the support list. I'm super hyped for Codename: S.T.E.A.M. this Friday.
Currently working on a moveset. So far I just have specials so far:

Neutral B: Eagle Riffle- Henry shoots the opposer with a bullet from his Eagle Rifle. A powerful move but after the user uses it about 3 or 5 times you'll have to wait a while to use it.
Side B: Penguin Lobber- Works like Mecha Koopa.
Up B: Steam Jetpack- Henry blasts off using a steam powered jet pack. Does no damage.
Down B: Overwatch- Counter move.
Final Smash: Eagle Strike- Henry takes everyone standing around him then throws an Eagle Shaped bomb at them sending them flying.
The lack of the A.B.E as a Final Smash disappoints me. :/

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
His side smash or forward tilt could be him using his push ability to kick the opponent.

So what are your thoughts on the agents confirmed as of now? Any favorites?
They all seem really awesome. The Fox is still one of the best. Gameplay wise, I think Scarecrow is super gimmicky.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Scarecrow's voiced by Paul Eiding (Colonel Roy Mustang Campbell)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Happy S.T.E.A.M. Day, fellow agents!

Fight the good fight! For every woman, child and man of the USA Earth!

I've yet to get my hands on the game, and probably won't be able to afford it for some time. So if anybody who's got the game or has access to info wants to get involved, send on ideas and suggestions and I'll add 'em to the OP!

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
The lack of the A.B.E as a Final Smash disappoints me. :/
Eh, I think A.B.E. would work better as a stage or something.
Happy S.T.E.A.M. Day, fellow agents!

Fight the good fight! For every woman, child and man of the USA Earth!

I've yet to get my hands on the game, and probably won't be able to afford it for some time. So if anybody who's got the game or has access to info wants to get involved, send on ideas and suggestions and I'll add 'em to the OP!
I have yet I get it either. I think I'll get it tomorrow.
Demo weapon is the Phoenix Rifle. Not sure what it does yet, but will post when I can use it.
I don't have the game yet, but just wondering, how do you transfer coins and the weapon from the demo?

TheTaoDragon

Smash Apprentice
Something I noticed.
John Milton Hay, the Archivist, doesn't like how Lincoln simply calls him Milton, who supposedly calls him this because there are "too many Johns" in Lincoln's life.
Now, it may just be a reference to John Wilkes Booth, but... think of it another way.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
After seeing the complete cast, I'll have a tough time choosing my main units.

Hopefully by this week, I'll manage to get the game.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm genuinely curious as to how this game will develop a serious story.

My initial reservation about this game was the concern that it's just too silly. It sounds like a parody concept, in theory. Certainly, I would never have thought it's developed by the same studio as created Fire Emblem and Advance Wars.

And that's precisely why I'm not worried. If anybody can write an engaging and rich storyline, it's Intelligent Systems. The Paper Mario series also demonstrates their ability to blend serious storytelling with humourous charm. I'm very excited in that respect.

That being said, as Oni said, please keep any huge plot details in spoiler tags. Most of us have yet to play the game~ :3

TheTaoDragon

Smash Apprentice
Alright, s-boiler time.

The first boss is ridiculously easy, especially if you're using Lion with a shotgun. Two shots on its weak spot with a shotgun, and it's toast. The issue is getting close.

TheTaoDragon

Smash Apprentice
Another thing, following up on the Phoenix Rifle: It's a joke weapon. It does pitiful amounts of damage and has terrible bullet spray.

(Thanks Wintropy. :3)

Following up on Oni's question, it looks... Kinda cool? I mean, it has a chicken on the front, so there's that...
Still no reason to use it.

Last edited:
Another thing, following up on the Phoenix Rifle: It's a joke weapon. It does pitiful amounts of damage and has terrible bullet spray.
So what you're saying is it would make a great damaging taunt like luigi's :troll:

does it at least look cool?

and yeah double posting is bad. editing is your friend if no one else has posted yet.

Last edited:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
I was thinking Henry's Eagle Strike could be his side b and would have a similar mechanic to the Robo Beam and Wario Waft in that the longer you charge it, the more powerful it is. At its full power it could be more dangerous than a bob-omb.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Unfortunately it looks like I won't get Codename: S.T.E.A.M. until awhile, since I don't have enough money at the time being. :(
Ah well, I can wait.
Anyways, I just thought of a good gimmick for Henry. All of his steam powered moves will be strong but after a couple uses he'll have to wait a while to use it, like Robin's tomes. Plus his speed will go down a little too. But, since when you get high percentage you start to emit steam, it means Henry's moves will recharge faster.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Henry should probably use the Medi-carbine since the game tends to show it as his secondary weapon of choice. It would also be an interesting addition to his moveset since we rarely have healing moves.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'll get on the new supporters and info when I return shortly.

Expect great things, Agents of S.T.E.A.M.~ :3

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
There needs to be a Codename S.T.E.A.M. social thread in the general gaming category. I would love to share some strategical Codename S.T.E.A.M. tips including enemy stats, tier lists (characters and sub weapons), and have a place to post competitive multiplayer videos.

There needs to be a Codename S.T.E.A.M. social thread in the general gaming category. I would love to share some strategical Codename S.T.E.A.M. tips including enemy stats, tier lists (characters and sub weapons), and have a place to post competitive multiplayer videos.
never let a group break a support thread. bumps are glorious little things

just use spoilers instead and it will be fine

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
What Oni said. We're cool with people discussing the game in here, since that's part of what this thread's all about, just be courteous and spoiler tag it if it's something to be savoured. :3

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
What Oni said. We're cool with people discussing the game in here, since that's part of what this thread's all about, just be courteous and spoiler tag it if it's something to be savoured. :3
Oh the vision I had in mind was making like a guide thread to the game and how to effectively use strategies, kind of like how there's groups for Hyrule Warriors, Pokemon, and Zelda. I'd do it myself, but I guess there's a limit to 1 social group per member, and I already have a social group, if there is a way to create another social group please me.

http://smashboards.com/social-forums/ssb4-conspiracies.1754/

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Besides Henry, what other agent could you see appearing in the game (serving as a assist trophy)?

The Fox could be a great assist by sniping at enemies from far away... actually any agent could function as a great assist trophy.

GuiltyBadguy

Smash Cadet
I'm looking forward on trying this game out. So far, it has gotten positive/decent reviews from critics... except for GameSpot. Henry looks like he would be an interesting character to see in Smash, so yeah, sign me up!

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Besides Henry, what other agent could you see appearing in the game (serving as a assist trophy)?

The Fox could be a great assist by sniping at enemies from far away... actually any agent could function as a great assist trophy.
As I'm fond of pointing out, and not simply because I'm a raging Lovecraft fan, Randolph Carter would be an amazing Assist Trophy. He could summon Cthulhu to launch nearby opponents or open a portal beyond space and time to cause all sorts of squashy, tentacled horror~ :3

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
As I'm fond of pointing out, and not simply because I'm a raging Lovecraft fan, Randolph Carter would be an amazing Assist Trophy. He could summon Cthulhu to launch nearby opponents or open a portal beyond space and time to cause all sorts of squashy, tentacled horror~ :3

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I don't know if this has been posted yet:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17deELX3QVDofXksu8roKCl_kyREFSThygPSoEVT2eNs/viewform
If you guys want your voices for not just Henry, but for Smash DLC in general, this poll is your best course of action.
When you guys are done filling out the poll, I highly recommend you guys to post a link to this poll on other character threads. Websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Miiverse, and My Nintendo News are good places where you can share this poll. Heck, I would even go as far as to sharing it with those close to you. This poll ends at the end of March, so we need as many results as we can.
Please share this poll.
Thank you.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I don't know if this has been posted yet:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17deELX3QVDofXksu8roKCl_kyREFSThygPSoEVT2eNs/viewform
If you guys want your voices for not just Henry, but for Smash DLC in general, this poll is your best course of action.
When you guys are done filling out the poll, I highly recommend you guys to post a link to this poll on other character threads. Websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Miiverse, and My Nintendo News are good places where you can share this poll. Heck, I would even go as far as to sharing it with those close to you. This poll ends at the end of March, so we need as many results as we can.
Please share this poll.
Thank you.
Already took it, Though I unfortunately wasn't into Codename S.T.E.A.M. at the time I took it (due to it not being released yet) so I don't think I voted for Henry,:( I did however vote for Wolf, Lucas, Sami,Pious,and Sturm. Also does anyone here have Codename S.T.E.A.M. and really enjoy it? (still looking for someone to start a Codename S.T.E.A.M. social group, I just don't feel this is the proper place to discuss guides and strategies for the game as this is a support thread.) Any way Henry's eagle strike would easily be his final smash, basically if he engulfs an opponent(s) in his steam blast, a cut-scene plays where he throws the eagle at the opponent(s) and then they go flying.

Top Bottom