• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recent Server Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Okay, something more important than custom avatars. -_-

I haven't gotten a single email alert for thread replies in DAYS, yet several of my subscribed threads have had recent posts.

Oh, and I can see custom avatars about half the time, but I don't really care- as long as I can see mah Valter, whatever. ^_^

derek.haines

Smash Ace
It seems as though when mine goes out of site for me, it appears for everyone else, yet when I can see it nobody else can...

Maybe I'll just put my avatar in my signature, with an arrow notifying "This should be up there."

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥You know... that's not a bad idea. ;)

♥Custom avatars in signatures... ;)

Mr.Bazerkus

Smash Journeyman
I would think one of the many problems would be fixed by now

I'm not expecting everything but at least one major problem should have been delt with by now. I hoping it has been but they're just waiting until all the problems are fixed so they can just fix them all at once.

PK sucker punch

Smash Rookie
judging by the lack of info/attention weve received about the problems, and the amount of time its been going on for, id say that even the admins dont know whats going on. i understand that the site is going thru major changes, but it really stinks for all of us that are left in the dark. ive read something about a premium membership? if that happens, im guessing thats where FFinder is heading...
not that any of us would have a problem paying, im sure. but if that were the case i really wish somebody could confirm it with us.
p.s-these are all just theories. realistically, i have no idea whats going on.

and also, im sorry,but i must make a valid complaint: why hasnt there been anything posted about these problems in the "announcements" forum? the only thing this tells me (because of the zero intel we've received) is that absolutely no progress has been made to fix these problems (are they even broken!? i have no way of knowing!) please try to understand our situation, and forgive my rudeness

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
^ That was random.

But, yeah i agree. I don't think the admins have any idea what's going on. They probably get so many PM's though that it wouldn't even help to try and tell them that way...:(

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
The reason no one's responding is that dealing with server issues is now something that MLG's server techs handle, not anyone on SWF staff per se (as the case used to be). So we can (and have) relayed those concerns to the people who can fix them, but there's not much else we can do beyond that.

Some things like the Stage Browser, snapshot albums, and avatars haven't been working (as I understand it) due to differences in the infrastructure we're on now compared to what we were using before. The Friend Finder should be coming back soon; I think there are some backend changes that need to be made before that can be relaunched, though, and I don't know any specifics on when that might happen.

I don't know of any plans to bring back Premium Membership.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'll join everyone else in saying I can't see my Moral Orel avatar :(

~Peachy~

The reason no one's responding is that dealing with server issues is now something that MLG's server techs handle, not anyone on SWF staff per se (as the case used to be). So we can (and have) relayed those concerns to the people who can fix them, but there's not much else we can do beyond that.

Some things like the Stage Browser, snapshot albums, and avatars haven't been working (as I understand it) due to differences in the infrastructure we're on now compared to what we were using before. The Friend Finder should be coming back soon; I think there are some backend changes that need to be made before that can be relaunched, though, and I don't know any specifics on when that might happen.

I don't know of any plans to bring back Premium Membership.

♥Well, at least you were able to explain the situation. ;)

♥Now we know that the MLG tech's have to handle the situation. Anyone know how to get in contact with them? ;)

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
♥Now we know that the MLG tech's have to handle the situation. Anyone know how to get in contact with them? ;)
I'm sure that many people have already tried to get in contact with them, I'm just not sure that it's their highest priority right now (which sucks for us).

They will will eventually fix it though, I just can't see people saying: "hey lets join the competitive smash community!!" other person: "yeah!" first person: "well lets get SWF accounts because they have a way better community then AiB." other person: "well yeah, but their custom avatars don't work." first person: "what the crap? that's retarted, lets not go there."

...and so on.

~Peachy~

♥ A brawler of few words? I respect that... ;)

♥ At least there are still signatures to distinguish users. ;)

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Neither can I, no matter what I try.

They seem to be showing up... but you can't even upload them now >_>

PK sucker punch

Smash Rookie
i have been away for a little bit, so this post may be a bit late, but id like to say thanks to Kirby King for explaining and clearing up the situation at hand for me. I(we) will remain patient

~Peachy~

♥Hmmm.... there is the less significant problem, but it is there. ;)

♥It seems the profile pictures are experiencing the same effect as the avatars from before..

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
A week ago, the website wasn't running to smoothly for me. But recently, it's been fine.

~Peachy~

♥Am I the only one having the profile picture problem? Well.... it's not that big so I guess I understand. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom