• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recent Server Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Oh come ON.
The fact you can set up, attend, ect., tournaments is huge.
Many useful forums about Brawl, in general, character general, or character specific.
Something is being learned about brawl and/or characters every day. (At least I do, even with characters I don't play)
Chatting with other brawlers
Stating your opinions with the best and knowledgeable.
Fun with smilies :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::bee::bee::):);):lick:
Having a place to advertise yourself in Brawl.
Having a place to put your brawl videos to those who are actually interested (Or will critique on everything)
Learning from each other.

I would continue but it is getting late.

The site didn't HAVE to put avatars, pics, friendfinder, stage browser, snapshots, podcasts, etc... All this stuff is gravy (EXTRA gravy!^^)
So yeah, some stuff don't work as well because of the transering of servers or whatnot, big deal, at least it doesn't prohibit any of the things that makes this place great.
So go ahead complain because your custom avatar or pic won't load. But still be thankful for what you've got right now, and that you didn't lose THAT.
Hoping for improvement != ungratefulness. Stop associating one with the other.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥Maybe you should just use a non-custom avatar?

♥Hmmmm... but they are either ugly or everyone's using them these days...

~Peachy~

♥Mhhhhmmm... I can't see anyone's avatar....

♥Although, I could have sworn I saw Mr. NJ's custom avatar before...

♥My guess is that different users are able to see other people's avatars perfectly at different times, but still be avatar-blind the next time they log in. ;)

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
♥Mhhhhmmm... I can't see anyone's avatar....

♥Although, I could have sworn I saw Mr. NJ's custom avatar before...

♥My guess is that different users are able to see other people's avatars perfectly at different times, but still be avatar-blind the next time they log in. ;)
Nahh, I don't think that's the case because I was offline for a few hours today logged on just now and can still see everyone's avi. I think that maybe they are fixing the avatar curse but slowly, and it might take a while for everyone to be able to see each others.
@njz and umbra: You guys can still see mine right?

~Peachy~

Nahh, I don't think that's the case because I was offline for a few hours today logged on just now and can still see everyone's avi. I think that maybe they are fixing the avatar curse but slowly, and it might take a while for everyone to be able to see each others.
@njz and umbra: You guys can still see mine right?

♥Then they must be fixing it in some weird way because I saw Mr. NJz's avatar perfectly until my next log in. And I can't see yours or Mr. Umbra's either.

♥Mr. Sonic can't see anything either. ;)

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
i can see everyones but mine or matts.
someone fix my avatar i want to see bomberman again!!! ( if you cant see it either bomberman is my avatar)

~Peachy~

♥The only reason someone might see my avatar is because it's not custom, same goes for many people. ;)

♥ But I can assure you, this problem is driving many people nuts. ;)

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
How come myAvater keeps going away, everytime I upload it? What I mean is that the day I re-upload my custom avatar, I have to re-upload it again the next day and can this be fixed?

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
How come myAvater keeps going away, everytime I upload it? What I mean is that the day I re-upload my custom avatar, I have to re-upload it again the next day and can this be fixed?
Or maybe this is the wrong thread to talk about avatars? Sorry...

Agi

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure that the custom avatar curse only affected custom avis uploaded AFTER the Great Merger.

Karptroopa

Smash Apprentice
I agree with you on that, agi. Your miner still survived whilst other new uploaders immediately lost access to customs, so I think you're right.

~Peachy~

*still sobbing*

♥My avatar was uploaded before the "Great Merge" also. It still disappeared.

~Peachy~

♥Hmmmmm.. I just recently seen my friend's custom avatar.... and he's never touched it.

♥So this confirms, the avatars aren't gone... it just means that certain people can't see them. ;)

♥Hmmmmm.. he also told me that he can't see it.... so I'm going to guess Certain people can see Certain avatars at certain times. ;)

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I see it just fine. Can't see the rest though, and I've given up on mine lol

edit: I see nj, not the guy above me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom