• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recent Server Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

malcolm_x

Smash Rookie
Forum speed

I don't know how about you, but for me forum works much better since yestarday ?

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
About an hour ago I couldn't reach the forum (database error?), but now everything seems to be working fine. Thanks ^_^

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
About an hour ago I couldn't reach the forum (database error?), but now everything seems to be working fine. Thanks ^_^
This is the same for me, but it was weird because i could get onto the SWF home page, but when i tryed to click into a catagory it gave me a database error

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
I think this morning there were some extra software upgrades being done, so that would probably explain the errors. We prefer to get stuff like that done in the morning when there are fewer people online.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I think this morning there were some extra software upgrades being done, so that would probably explain the errors. We prefer to get stuff like that done in the morning when there are fewer people online.
yeah, the trouble only lasted maybe 5-10 mins and it was back to normal so good work :)

Artery_Clogger

Smash Apprentice
Nice job adding another server. The boards have been working well for a while now. Also, I'm curious, which boards are on which servers?

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Nice job adding another server. The boards have been working well for a while now. Also, I'm curious, which boards are on which servers?
You mean the rooms? They're all on the same server; we've got a web server (that handles connections from the Internet, i.e. your browser) and a database server (that sends information to the web server as needed). Before the same machine was doing both jobs.

Plazma

Smash Apprentice
those hours without smashboards were painful, but good job fixing it

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
ever since the last change, signatures seem to be turned off on fast reply without clicking a box and COMPLETELY off in a normal reply unless you edit the post afterwards to include it.

was this intentional?
- if so, why?
-if not, will it be fixed?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Everytime I leave a message in someone's profile or in a social group, an error comes up, but it still posts :ohwell:

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I love the new additions but My Notifications keeps insisting I have an unread profile visitor message.

I've been over them at least 5 times... there is no hidden messsage anywhere.. but it STILL keeps saying I have one.

thundrio1

Smash Rookie
i just managed to create my account at our local library so here i go,

i posted this at the gamefaqs boards

i cant get on smashboards from my two home computers, but i can from any others. i could get on before the last downtime they had so it may be something they have not fixed. unfortunately i dont have an account so i cant post my problem. could somebody please post on smashboards telling them about my problem? i have a quest dsl modem with a wireless gateway. i also have a wireless modem.

also i cant download smyn from itunes. if you have more questions i will be on tomarrow to answer them. thanks just wanted to let you know so you could fix it.

Dumah

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure where else to put this, but I can't log into the friend finder. When I try to access it, the page says:

"Forbidden. You do not have permission to access /ff/ on this server"

I've used it before with no problems. Anyone else experiencing this?

SmoothOcean

Smash Rookie
i'm getting a "forbidden" message too. i think this is just because FF is been down this week but if im wrong someone correct me

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this issue gets annoying, I'm just asking this out of curiosity, when does the custom avatar and profile picture uploads fix? Because when I try to upload a profile picture or avatar. A prompt appears "Unable to save image", do you know what is wrong with it? maybe there is a different specific requirment in the image file?

Junahu

Smash Ace
You could probably assume, that everyone posting "FF isn't working!" is willing to brawl. So you could use the PM (private message) system to contact them, at least until the problems with FF are fixed. Just click on the person's profile and send them a message.

David Mathis

Smash Cadet
well, if anyone of you guys have facebook. there is an App, thats like, brawl.

and once you "install" the app thing in your facebook, you can go to the chat they have, and its the only thing ive found thats even close to the FF.

and there is also

allisbrawl.com

but that place sucks ***. its confusing, not organized, and just a sad excuse for a tournament operating website.

Shredder2

Smash Rookie
I can't upload pictures from Brawl right onto my album. I tried to upload them as a bin file and still won't work. Can someone tell me please what's wrong?

Reezy989

Smash Cadet
wow and this whole time i thought it was just my bum *** computer/internet connection. but its actually running very smooth now. does this mean SWF works now too? No need to reply I guess I'll just try it out

smaci92

Smash Lord
wow and this whole time i thought it was just my bum *** computer/internet connection. but its actually running very smooth now. does this mean SWF works now too? No need to reply I guess I'll just try it out
no they still didn't fix it so you can upload avatars. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom